It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My first Paranormal encounter.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I have alot of real iron clad stories, but for now I will just reveal my first paranormal experience. It was absolute in my eye's and converted me from total non-believer to a skeptic, then eventually into a believer.

Now still to this day I remain skeptical of most cases, but there are some that I have tried to disprove with every measurable.

Let's travel back in time to November 2002.

I was doing a foundation repair job at this home of a man whom committed suicide. The house had this odd feeling about it, just the way it looked with the creepy 70's family portraits everywhere, it was even odder when we walked into the room where he ended it all. They left it all the same it was, he rigged a weight bench longside up and tied a rope to the bar. Conclusion of reason of suicide was never known. I learned of this information while doing the estimate.

There was me and a friend at the time doing this job, it was deep in the country, only house for 7 miles.

We had to go underneath the house to fix the beams and repair joists. As the other guy held the measuring tape underrneath the floor, I crawled to the other side to hold the tape to gather an accurate measure.

Then out of nowhere we heard what sounded like scratching on the floor above us, kind of like feet kicking. Me being the skeptic of everything unless I seen total proof at that time( sometimes that wasn't even good enough), thought it was just a mouse eating some of the old wood that had gone bad above the floor between the walls.

We both heard it and looked at each but thought nothing of it.

Then I heard a sound right above my head of what sounded like a broom hitting the floor, I asked my friend if he heard it and he agreed. I asked him to get out quickly cause we thought someone/thing/animal was in the house. There was no one, not a soul.

We were alone and wanted to quickly finish and even if there was anyone we would have seen them coming, for a mile radius on each angle of the house was open range. Feeling comfortable about staying late into the night we did so to finish. Around 9 p.m. we put some lights underneath the old danger filled area underneath the house filled with bones of rats and other things from snakes or whatever else has been down there in past 40 years or so. There were tons of spiders too and the height underneath was only 18 inches so it was a tough job.

We were replacing a main run and we heard a clear sound of walking in the rooms, one room to another we just sat silent and kept giving each other the hush treatment then we heard a sound of the door shut. It wasn't loud but it was loud enough to rule out normal occurance. We jumped out from underneath and ran inside within' 30 seconds and when we walked into house the door slammed behind us enough for us to jump and curse.

We ran outside and quickly scanned every area and nothing, keep in mind there is nowhere anyone could have just popped out from, there was no attic.

We laughed about it to seem tough but we looked at each other with the look of knowing we were dealing with some weird ****.

It got to the point where we were hearing sounds enough to where it just got to aggrevating to concentrate enough to do the job with total confidence so we decided to finish in the day, not to mention we were both thinking something fishy was going on, we just didn't see how it could be done, there was NOWHERE for anything to hide bigger than a coon, and last I checked coon's don't slam doors and walk with human gait, but first we wanted to see if the foundation itself was causing the door to slam from being unlevel. One problem though, it slammed, it didn't close. It was unlevel but not unleveled enough to cause it to even shut at all.

We sat in the kitchen area for about 30 minutes didn't hear nothing else. We caught out.

I told the inherited of the home we heard noises the next day and he also said they and the person whom died heard strange sounds throughout the years specifically the door slam. I never mentioned the door to him, even after he told me, just noises. When we finished I went back by myself to finish picking up my tools. Before I locked up I looked around for one last sweep and everything was accounted for.

Something in my nosy human nature just wanted to go in that room and look one last time at the area. It felt weird in the room, it smelled of mold and as I looked out the window I felt a dreadful feeling as I was looking out the same window the person that killed themself was probably looking out. I heard a floorboard squeek in the living room. I instantly walked into that area and heard the floor squeek yet again this time in the room I was just in. I decided to leave, my work was done, I got paid, and this home was getting me in a depressed mood. I had a feeling that later down the road I would learn is classic energy being felt from something that was around me, the feeling of being watched.

As I backed out the driveway, I parked to put my T-square in the truck bed, something told me to look one last time at the house and as I looked the white window curtain in the window where he died was moved back like someone was looking out the window I walked towards the house again in more of a jog and it moved back in place like someone moved out the window quickly as I approached. I got in the truck and drove off kind of stumped. I mean I was right underneath the floor in the begining and me and my friend heard hard soled human steps, even see the dust fell from the sub-floor. There was nowhere to hide, and nowhere to run to keep from being spotted in anyway, shape or form.

From that day forward I knew there was definately real paranormal activity in the world. As I opened up the pandora's box of it all, I found alot of places and have had even stronger experiences, but nothing was as creepy as the first time.

It's a feeling you can only have in your bones when you actually see and hear something with your own eyes when you are well aware of your surroundings and have a skeptic mind instead of just believing in something that troubles you. I can still see the window curtain moving and still have no explanation. It just was not a big enough home or had enough areas where something could infiltrate.

I was going to go back and do a investigation a view years later once I learned the craft, but as it so happens the home was destroyed by a hurricane so I never got that satisfaction.

Sometimes things you don't believe in finds you even if you don't look for it.
edit on 3-7-2011 by JAGx1981 because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-7-2011 by JAGx1981 because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-7-2011 by JAGx1981 because: missed a few words

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by JAGx1981

Normally, there's a lot of guff on here.

But from the way you wrote that OP, I believe you. Sounded genuine and personal enough to be real in my opinion...

Who know's? But strange things do happen

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Very interesting story. I would love to hear of your other experiences!

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Thanks. I will share more experience and evidence that has never been shown publicly. I live near New Orleans this area is rich in horror, and my own property has indian relics that I have made sure stays unspolied by my hands or anyone elses.

I know paranormal stories can be filled with tons of illusions that can be easily debunked. My main focus of everything I do in life is to find truth in life, thats all that matter, I always approach things not believeing they are real to make it easier to debunk and label normal from paranormal.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I'm sure you left that house a new person. I lived in a haunted home for years and I have heard and seen things that I never before or since have experienced. It's frustrating to be around people who disbelieve your paranormal experiences, mainly because they've never lived in a haunted home. I admit that if I hadn't lived in that house and experienced those things, I would not be the same person I am today. It was a real eye opening experience.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by B0Bthrob

Thank you, I could not have said it better myself. I did leave that house a different person and so did my friend who is my friend of 21 years we are both 28, my oldest friend. He never even believed in God and that experience amoung other's has showed him and myself that if spirits/energies are alive and well then maybe this is a bigger picture beyond those stars in the sky we gaze at and wonder.

It changed his view, my view of God never changed I always have had faith, but the paranormal has made me believe more, but I'm not trying to turn this into religion so I'll stop right there, I'm just showing how much of an influence it can be to some.

And when people don't believe me I don't get mad or offended, I'm just sad for them, I wish they could see what I have, I wish the world could, it would change alot of ways of this world, yes I believe it would be that huge.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Thank you for sharing.

I do believe in the paranormal, but I've never experienced anything as powerful as that first-hand. I'm not sure I want to either, as I'm easily very spooked by such things.
edit on 7/7/11 by Pointofview because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Hi Jag

Wow what a story. ..and I believe you. I 'd been scared chitless

Now that the place has been destroyed, am wondering if you could still use some sort of instrument on just the land for any abnormal readings..

S&F Appreciate your sharing this with us. Agreed , Yes there are things paranormal!

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Awesome story, OP. Same boat.. skeptical-believer with a lot of weird tales to tell myself. Thanks for the read.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Hey Balkon, why not post up a story yourself, they sound like they may be interesting.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Once I get all my digital camera cards sorted through I got some good stuff to show. I haven't even loaded alot of them, no telling what is on some.

I have one trip out to a place called Ship island check it out @

msshipisland.com...

Thing Is we went onto the West end at night to camp then made our way to Fort Mass and I caught my first picture of apparition, somewhat clear, no evps cause It was awhile back about 2 months after my first experiece so, I was really there to fish for shark not investigate, plus I didn't wanna mess around there too much, all I know it I was hearing all types of things.

This Fort is 11 miles offshore and has survived since the 1800's through direct hurricane impacts, Camille split it in two on the East. I think it is a underrated place, but Mississippi is underratted in general you would be surprised at what I have you NEVER heard of. These popular shows and inestigators act like New Orleans is the only place in the south with dark history, some don't even know Scareface had a secret zone on the other island.

Once I have time where I can actually sit online for more than 30 min, I will load some photos.

Also tell your stories as well.
edit on 24-7-2011 by JAGx1981 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I've posted a couple of the major ones in other threads. I may make my own thread about both sometime. Your story is still creeping me out a bit and it's these kind of stories that keep me interested in 'ghosts'. Thanks again for sharing.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayUK20
Hey Balkon, why not post up a story yourself, they sound like they may be interesting.

I wish everyone would, these are my favorite threads on ATS; the personal experience ones...

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Balkan

Yeah they are my favorites as well. It still freaks me out when I think about it because I never got the chance to try and catch any evidence, the home was destroyed so when I think back to the sounds and revisit how nothing could have happened naturally cause of lack of space to hide, I get edgy, can still feel the pressure kinda like when the pressure drops in a storm, ears popping.

Sometimes I wonder if it could have been demonic, now the place where the house was is grown over and you can't even tell there was ever a home there.

Post some links to your experiences, when I drop back in and out ill check them out.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Very interesting thanks for shareing

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Nice story and very creepy! I love to read peoples experiences with the paranormal and ghosts.

Im still waiting to have my first paranormal experience with a ghost, though I am still a believer.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by afraidofthedark
Nice story and very creepy! I love to read peoples experiences with the paranormal and ghosts.

Im still waiting to have my first paranormal experience with a ghost, though I am still a believer.

Thanks..

I have learned one crucial thing. Most of the time if you are looking hard for it you don't find it. It will usually find you. You may or may not ever experience anything, but if you really want to, find a place that is notorious for activity you may get what you so look for.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Now that was a good ghost story.....
By far the scariest part for me was the tons of spiders under the house
I would have missed all the action and been long gone by then.
I wonder if the Hurricaine set him free from that house?
I know you said that it changed the beliefs of both yourself and collegue that day but has he also had paranormal encounters since?

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by daydoesez

He has had a couple. He won't come on investigations with me, he is very jumpy now in the dark so he stays away from certain things now, I actually laugh at him. When we go camping if he hears a weird sound out in the yonder, he starts getting panicky lol.

He gets residual ghosts and demons mixed. He basically thinks now demons are gonna get him, I know I know it is funny and I have tried to educate him on the difference.

And yes I think the hurricane could have indeed set him free, but then again if there is something in the ground that still holds some attachment, it could still be lingering.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Ah. Oh well its good that your investigating now.... I know literally no one who would be up for it, even if they believe in ghosts and such. Thanks mostly to the crappy ghosthunting programmes on the telly

Definately show us some of the things you've caught when you get the chance.
I swear the more i've conciously kept my camera to hand recently, the less wierd stuff i've seen. Its a conspiracy! lol

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join