It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My first Paranormal encounter.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
It is a nice story, but skeptical as I am I do not believe anything paranormal happened there. I think all the noises have a rational explanation and the atmosphere causes the mind to be tricked into believing something paranormal is going on. In the house I currently live in, I also hear noises every now and then. Rationally, I just explain them away by expanding and shrinking materials. Still I have moments I swear something is there, sometimes I just think that my house mate got home. But after realizing nobody entered the house, you get in that kind of spooky mindset and you notice a lot more noises than usual all in a sudden. You start thinking if there is a burglar, but after checking the rooms and not finding anything you are left puzzled. But in the end I always realize it is a sequence of events that leads you to that kind of mindset. It is a mindset that can be enforced when you are with somebody else.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by -PLB-

You talking like you know that as fact. Yes in some it is a mindset, but before my mindset chose to not believe, I don't get spooked, never have, never will. I don't hear 1 noise and go '' OH NO a ghost '', if you read the story you would see that I tried to debunk it with everything rational that could occur.

A door cannot slam with no wind, not close, it slammed, being in foundation repair for a decade wood floors don't squeek loud like I heard it without an amount of pressure being applied, they just don't squeek for no reason.

Also and finally, there was nothing to debunk, nothing to use to debunk, no attic, 1 closet, open range around the entire property to where no one or thing could hide even if it ran 30 mph, and most of all I watched dust fall from the subfloor unto my face for 5-7 full minutes soaking it in so I could hear what was walking.

There are tricks or illusions of the mind. Some people believe, some don't thats just how this world turns, for every answer someone has a question.

It was paranormal it's that simple bro, if you can't believe it, then sorry you wasted time reading the thread.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by daydoesez

It's easy for me though cause I don't spook and I go into every investigation believeing it is not paranormal. I think most cases are not paranormal.

On ghost hunting shows, I never watch them, they are boring and they try to hard to act like they are masters of the paranormal realm.

Anyone that bases their investigating on Ghost Hunters or any other TV show should not ghosthunt IMHO.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by JAGx1981

I don't agree I wasted my time, I liked your story, it was written in a way that I could imagine being there. We just do not agree on the conclusion, which is fine. I would personally take a more scientific approach if I believed this really was a paranormal experience. Set up a camera to record the door and add a way to measure drafts. That would convince me more.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by JAGx1981
It was paranormal it's that simple bro

Well, I cringe at that assertion.. and yet, I have my own damn experience that I completely (yes, I went there) debunked and I'm still left with a mystery. So I feel for you brother, but I also completely understand why people are skeptical.

edit on 30-7-2011 by Balkan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by -PLB-

Your correct, I always go in NOT thinking anything is paranormal, and when I say paranormal it doesn't mean I actually think it is a ghost everytime, simply para-normal just not normal. What happened and other things since are just not explained by any type of science sometimes even the best scientists in the world will tell you that.

I always use science and rational means, I tried to debunk the door, I shut of doors, windows, checked the floor to see how level it was, checked the hinges, the lock, nothing could have slammed it like that, there was no wind, thats what made it even better and more conclusive, because with a sound, clear mind I was able to process everything without jumping to a conclusion it was great.

I have actually debunked more than I have proved in the paranormal, I am very picky, I never take anything for what it is unless I see it for myself cause I know my mind won't send me astray and flutter into what I could make it out to be if I let my mind think that way.

I also have alot of skills that has helped me debunk many folks that has tried to fool, specifically my knowledge in building gives me a huge tool. With the floors though the way they were set up, something had to be actually stepping on it with god weight, it made the same squeek in frequency as my steps did, it is as good as it can get without seeing an actually apparition.

I wish I would have had a camera, it was amazing how hard it shut, I know I keep saying that over and over but it was so so loud and it was so quiet that night all you heard was crickets.

I know I can't make you or anyone believe me, but I can only ask you too, cause the way I am if you met me you would see I take everything with a grain of salt and search for only truth.

And the cameras still would not be enough, too manys tricks you can do with digital video and photos to ever feel something someone posts is 100%

Once I get the time, I will post some other threads with evidence I have got, I know it's hard to believe, but it really was paranormal, there is nothing else that can prove it otherwise, I would have debunked it easily.

Basically for those to believe me you have to believe im telling the truth and being honest which is hard to do over the net esp. on here the way people exagerate, all I can say is it is real my friend no natural occurance for this one.

I understand though, some people just refuse to believe but just cause they don't believe doesn't make it any more real or fake, science doesn't have the answers for everything, people give science too much credit sometimes like it is never wrong, but it is wrong to think that way.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Balkan

By cringe do you mean, you don't agree or believe me? Just wonderin...

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by JAGx1981

Obviously, I can't verify your claims, or even ascertain how well you may have tried to debunk your 'ghost'. But I'm in the same boat in that I can't see how I could have debunked my own 'ghost' experience (my major one anyway) any better than what I did, so I'm left with a mystery. I cringed because it's hard for me to come to the concrete conclusion that is was paranormal... that word has so much bias and kooky stuff attached to it these days that I prefer to just state I witnessed a mystery.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
JAG, Awesome story.

I was born and raised in Lafourche Parish, not far from New Orleans. I live just outside of New Orleans now but when I was younger, my dad and I (He's an electrician and I was his 13 year old (mostly useless...lol) "helper" in the summers) were rewiring an old house. A lot of the wiring ran through the floor joists of the lifted house (I guess that's just the way things were done back in the 20's).

We were waiting for the carpenters to show up so we could tell them that we had locked out the fuse box (we hadn't wired the new breaker box yet) so they wouldn't freak out when none of there tools worked when we heard people walking and talking above us in the house. Obviously we thought the carpentry crew had arrived without us noticing so we got out from under the house to go find them.

When we go to the porch we found the front door was locked so my dad had me run around to the back door while he went to grab a new roll of wire from his truck. I got to the back door and it too was locked, I knocked and waited. I heard footsteps inside coming towards the back room where I was standing outside when my dad appeared at the door and opened it up, and walked straight out without saying a word. He just grabbed my shirt and nearly drug me to the truck and said get in.

As a 13 year old I of course thought I was in trouble before realizing that (1) I didn't do anything and (2) how the heck did he get in the house and (3) where the heck were the carpenters?

My dad (who is a pastor at our church and not prone to lying nor believing in ghosts) later said that as he turned back after grabbing the wire from the truck he saw the front door open. He thought it was whoever was inside checking to see who had tried opening the door earlier (us) so he went to the door and no one was there and assumed that they saw him at the truck and then heard me knock at the back door so they turned to the back of the house. He went inside and found no one then saw someone walk into the back room and turn. When he got to the back room he saw me knocking at the door but no one was in the room that's when, he said, that he felt his stomach drop and knew he had to get out of the house so he just walked out of the back door grabbed me and we left.

School started the next week so I never went back to that house but my dad did (but he stayed in his truck until the carpenters or plumbers or painters showed up first...lol)

My dad told me that when he told the carpenters about what happened they said that it was the ghost of the manor (as they dubbed it) and that wierd things happened all the time in there when they were working, like circular saws stopping in the middle of a cut and when they check what's wrong it's unplugged and the extension cords would be rolled up outside the house or they would go outside to get a ladder from their trailer and it would be missing and when they come back inside the ladder would be set up where they needed it to be.

Of course I can't verify their story, just the part where my pop and I heard the walking and doors opening and closing above us.

--Apex

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Apex Predator

Awesome story Apex! I am not far from Nola myself. I live near Kiln, you prolly know where that is. Our region has alot of dark history it gets overlooked by mainstream ghost hunting media. Look at Ghosthunters and other shows, they always stick with their Northern East coast region.

There is a huge amount of activity on Ship and Cat Island, I will be doing a film soon once I finalize my application for a grant, it will be epic, my goal is to finally get to the bottom of the paranormal. My trailer will be out as soon as I get my ducks in a row.

Thank you for the story and just in case, WHO DAT! GEAUX SAINTS! Fan since 1987

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Balkan

Of course my friend, I am in the same boat, I know you can only take my word, but I am almost obsessive complusive when it comes to paranormal, I want to be a person one day that proves it's real or not and document the best evidence ever. I think I have the tools to do so.

But it's hard because most cases that seem paranormal are not, and sometimes things that seem paranormal that can't be debunked are still not paranormal because the surrounding sometimes gives off natural sounds that are hard to debunk, then there are the absolute, the things that happen right in front of your face that cannot be denied.

It's a long dark road to travel down, but we MUST ALL KEEP BEING SKEPTICAL, we have too, if we believe in ghosts to strongly, we will never be able to find the truth, it will happen one day, there will be evidence that is mind blowing, I just hope it is in my lifetime.

I really wish you all could have been there that night with me, you would truly be in the same boat im in.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I'm in Mandeville and I've been conducting paranormal investigations for more than 2 decades. I've worked with the Catholic Church and seen things that I still can't believe happened. I always approach as a skeptic. Even with my own personal experiences. I read your story it caught my eye for a couple of reasons, I lost my brother on my wedding day/birthday in 2000. His initials were JAG and he was born in 1981. SO the initials jumped out at me. SO I read your narrative and I was interested because I'm not to far away, I actually went to that weekly auction in Kiln not to long ago. SOme things about your story raised red flags for me, and I mean no offense. But help me out with this a bit.

Ok, a guy hangs himself on a weight bench, I'm assuming that's in 2002 as you said the bench was left standing on end just like when he killed himself. In my records I don't show a suicide death via weight bench ever in that area much less anywhere near that time period. I believe the closest weight bench strangulation ruled a suicide that we could find was in Georgia. As far as standing it on end and it still remaining that way, my guess would be it would have been taken down when the police removed the corpse. Not entirely sure that would have left a free weight bench there before it was ever ruled a suicide, I'd imagine the bar or something would make it's way back as evidence since it's such an odd choice for hanging yourself unless the guy was a pro wrestling fan. YOur also saying the rope was still there. Color me skeptical.

You initially said it was you and your "friend" doing the job. Then he's the other guy a couple sentences later. Typically when I refer to someone as my friend I don't immediately refer to him as the other guy a couple sentences later.

Conclusion of reason of suicide was never known? Are you referring to why he killed himself? I assume you don't mean cause of death. You said you learned this during the estimate, much later you mention the guy who inherited the house. One would think it would be the victim's son. I'm assuming it isn't a grandson because of the weight bench, the old folks typically are pushing up 20 reps of 220, lol. Being as the bench was still supposedly left as is by the police I'm guessing the suicide was fairly recent. I find it tough that a family member close enough to the deceased that he would leave him his house would be comfortable going into all that gory detail so soon after losing the loved one.

SO you guys are working on the beams in the crawlspace, so obviously it isn't on a slab like most of the houses around here.

So your under there and you hear something that sounds like feet kicking(I would guess you use that description because of the story of the hanging himself from the weight bench). So you describe it as sounding like feet kicking but you say you thought it was a mouse chewing on the wood. That doesn't make sense at all. You said you both heard the sound of feet kicking above you in a house where a guy recently killed himself, you looked at each other but thought nothing of it. Cmon man. That would make anyone go up and check it out, or leave.

Then you hear a thump like a broom or stick falling. SO the sound of feet kicking didn't get you guys to look but the sound of a broom falling got you to look. Kinda backwards isn't it.

YOu said a mile radius around the house deep in the country was open range. Do we have open range down here? Find it hard to believe in the middle of the country 7 miles from the closest house there are no trees for a mile.

All those sounds freaking you guys out and you were comfortable staying into the night, in the middle of nowhere. I find that hard to believe too.

YOu said it was November but you didn't put lights in the crawlspace until 9 PM. Did you guys use night vision goggles the previous 3 hours?

YOu hear someone walking up there but you didn't run out. But you ran out for the broom falling. Then you hear a door slam and you run out. SO when you hear feet kicking the floor and someone walking you don't check it out. But when you hear something fall or a door close you check it out.

During that time you said you were replacing a main run. So I imagine you were under there pretty far. YOu made it out of the crawlspace and into the house in less than 30 seconds. That's hard to believe too. I mean I've been in many a crawlspace and to get out in 30 seconds and make it into the house, kinda tough to do.

Now the sounds were so frequent it was aggravating you guys to the point where it was keeping you from work. But you never went to check it out again even though it got infinitely more active? I'm sorry basic human nature says otherwise.

And then your verbiage, you knew something fishy was going on.. THat just doesn't sound right.

So you hear someone walking and feet kicking but your focused on a door slamming. ANd you admit it wasn't level. So a basic draft or a gust in a house that isn't properly sealed because its old and not level, well thats the issue not the impossible sounds of walking and kicking.

Then the guy who inherits the house reinforces the belief its haunted by telling you "the person who committed suicide" heard noises. Being as it was a family member who killed himself I find it hard to believe that's how he referred to the deceased family member, as the guy who killed himself. IF it's a family remember that's how folks refer to him. Not as the guy who killed himself.

Then your walking around chasing floor creaks in an old unlevel house when you wouldn't investigate walking and kicking earlier.

You also said you were there talking with the homeowner. When you finished talking you went back to pick up your tools and lock up. Back where? And if your at the house with the guy that makes no sense. And if he's there why are you locking up instead of the homeowner?

You also reiterate you and your friend heard hard soled shoes making footsteps earlier, but you said you thought it was a mouse chewing wood previously . You also said the dust was falling on your face. You also said there was nowhere to hide when the footsteps were going on, but earlier you said you didn't go up and check because of the mouse thing. No offense but hard soled shoes and walking on a wood floor doesn't sound like a mouse. And now your sure it was walking when you were sure it was a mouse before. LOL.

Why would a curtain movie in an old unlevel poorly sealed house? Paranormal? Couldn't be the ceiling fan, AC, draft or a cat hiding out.

The other problem later on in another post you said your knowledge of building helps you debunk and look at things objectively. Then you said there was no way the door could do it. November, getting dark, frame and house aren't level, open range with nothing to stop the wind and an older poorly sealed drafty house couldn't make a door slam? Kinda contradictory isn't it?

Here's the reason I don't believe your story. You constantly contradict yourself. Constantly. You claim to be very rational but everything you did defied logic. There is no record of a suicide of that fashion near Kiln nor anywhere within a minimum of a 6 hour ride from there in the several years prior to November 2002. Your story has a narrative tone to it almost like you were writing a short story or trying to tell a campfire tale. Sorry. If someone called me and told me that story or sent me an email with what you just wrote, I most likely wouldn't even call them back much less research the suicide. The only reason I even bothered was because of your proximity to me. The story itself wreaks of BS. The research of the suicide turned up BS, but I suppose the officer could have made a mistake. I feel like I wasted time reading it and wasted time researching it. I was really hoping for something interesting, but the most interesting part was how poorly it was thought out even though it looks like you put some deep thought into it. But the Pandora's box statement and the sometimes things find you stuff.... Cmon man.

You swear it's paranormal. But there is a rational explanation for everything. But the worst part is I think the "normal" explanation is actually fabrication.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
First I applaud you for trying to debunk me as liar and I would also like to state you failed with awesome levels and I am now dumber for taking the time to read your rude worthless response.

First I never once said it was in the KILN. You need to go back through and re read it before you run your mouth off with those type of dumb accusations. Never did I mention it was in the Kiln, I was asked where I was from, where IM from, read the thread before you write a short story.

Also I NEVER said the rope was still there, there again you add more assumptions that I did not speak of.

And third, There are 1,000's of areas across the Mississippi coast and inland that have open range, I don't care how many flea markets you have been too.

I would give the name of the person whom died but it is not my place but what happened is what happened, you can make your assumptions but what you just did was create yourself into a fail post.

Also I said I heard stratching noises thougt it was a mouse between the walls, the steps came later.

I left names out for a reason, reasons that is none of your business, you can either believe it or not, but when you put words in my mouth we got ourselves a little problem here. Also, I never said I was an award winning writer as you so analy sifted through it, too bad you didn't actually READ it.

You put words in my mouth I never said plus I never gave the place of the location yet you go do a flea market and now you have all the answers? Your no investigator, I'll bet money.

And I really don't care if you believe me, do you think I do? If you then I'm glad I could give you a moment of fullfillment. Go toss up a shot and sing kumbaya.

There are all types of people like you, and its people like you that ruin threads like these that are actually real.

20 years huh? Not according to your thread looking for members HERE as you stated you were basically starting from your home, my GOD the liars on this site are horrible.

Look for yourself folks

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I don't think anyone will take your post seriosuly once they go over it, maybe if you didn't put words I didn't say in my mouth, but you did, so you get a vomit smiley, thanks for wasting my time.

edit on 1-8-2011 by JAGx1981 because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-8-2011 by JAGx1981 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrJay1975
But there is a rational explanation for everything.

No, there isn't.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Balkan

You see him put all those words in my mouth I never said? wow

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Also I got to add I would NEVER hire you for an investigation, I doubt very seriously a church would and if they do I feel sorry for them cause you can't even read a thread correctly.

Either your drunk or your observation skills are that of a 12 year old.

I doubt very seriously your real investigator.

Again look at his thread trying to start a group from his home, recruting here, but apparently he has been doing it for 20 years.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

pwned...
edit on 2-8-2011 by JAGx1981 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrJay1975

I'm in Mandeville and I've been conducting paranormal investigations for more than 2 decades. I've worked with the Catholic Church and seen things that I still can't believe happened. I always approach as a skeptic.

I doubt that.

Ok, a guy hangs himself on a weight bench, I'm assuming that's in 2002 as you said the bench was left standing on end just like when he killed himself. In my records I don't show a suicide death via weight bench ever in that area much less anywhere near that time period. I believe the closest weight bench strangulation ruled a suicide that we could find was in Georgia. As far as standing it on end and it still remaining that way, my guess would be it would have been taken down when the police removed the corpse. Not entirely sure that would have left a free weight bench there before it was ever ruled a suicide, I'd imagine the bar or something would make it's way back as evidence since it's such an odd choice for hanging yourself unless the guy was a pro wrestling fan. YOur also saying the rope was still there. Color me skeptical.

Your are so full of #! I just caught you in the only thing I need to end this. I just called a friend who works with Gary Hargove, the coroner for the Mississippi coast, and there have well over 20 cases of suicides just in the bottom 3 counties since 2000 in ''dealing with weight benches and other exotic '' means!!!!! You are a fraud. I just debunked your attempt to debunk me, your sources suck, stay in Lousiana.

Conclusion of reason of suicide was never known? Are you referring to why he killed himself? I assume you don't mean cause of death. You said you learned this during the estimate, much later you mention the guy who inherited the house. One would think it would be the victim's son. I'm assuming it isn't a grandson because of the weight bench, the old folks typically are pushing up 20 reps of 220, lol. Being as the bench was still supposedly left as is by the police I'm guessing the suicide was fairly recent. I find it tough that a family member close enough to the deceased that he would leave him his house would be comfortable going into all that gory detail so soon after losing the loved one.

I said the room was left how it was, I never name specifics, you did.

And maybe I knew them, maybe I didn't, maybe I didn't want to specify, thats all you need to know. I have proved my case go back to being a fraud, don't post no more rubbish on my thread, this is why I don't post much cause of hero's like you that think you know it all. I bet if I called my friends in New Olreans and gave them your data, if you have any, they would probably tell me your a loose cannon fraud.

Also fishy can mean alot of things, no I didn't have night vision, I didn't think it was needed to put we went and got dinner and came back and other things like, you just chose to run with what you wanted to cause your agenda was already carved in stone.

You swear it's paranormal. But there is a rational explanation for everything.

Yet you said in your first sentence you are a paranormal investigator that has seen things you can't believe. Wow, what a great PARANORMAL investigator, I have went head to head with the like of some of the so called '' seasoned'' investigators, most of you are all full of #, I even told the ghosthunters for syfy to there face when I went to their seminar I didn't believe in them, my advice, get into another feild or quit lying. I'm done..

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Everyone that has enjoyed the story and that has made it this far thank you, but as you see this is why in the future I may not share much more in threads, not because I can't deal with it, cause I showed DRjizz and actually have sources to confirm what he says about the suicides is a lie, even got names to debunk him, no thats not it.

I have a little time in the morning and night to come on here to unwind and read and relax, and for the life of me it gets soo tiring to have to defend myself against some people who disect EVERY single word and comma or whatever they can to automatically start a debate with you just to argue. I do not have the energy for it.

I don't have the time for it, I don't have the desire for it, and it's worthless to me.

Now I will leave it at this. What happened was paranormal, thats what I believe, and I have other things I would absolutely LOVE to show you guys, but If I have to deal with this over it, I guess my evidence will appear when I'm dead cause I refuse to argue with someone over something that cannot be proven either way. Thats just how my personality is, I get facts, I don't want to tell you a good story for the fk of it.

I don't want to hear how this is a forum and its meant for debates, I just dont like debating, I like sharing and keeping it simple. So if anyone else has something smartaZZ to say just PM esp, if your local I'll gladly meet up with you and show you what you think you know is not always correct.

I don't know what else I can say.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Thank You for posting this thread ..Im very interested in experiences with the paranormal and your story was fascinating and scary im excited to hear about your other experiences ~~

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by sugarcookie1

Thanks, I will try, I just hate debating with people, I'm a calm soul, it was hard enough for me to post this cause I knew I was going to have to defend myself some and I just want to share, not argue.

Knowing me, I will show you all some of my evidence, I just have to be in a mood that day to be ready to argue with some cause there are 4 videos I have that will freak you all out, but as with any paranormal thread there comes scrutiny with it, and like I said I have to be in the mood to go there while being called a liar/fraud by some.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join