It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bizarre atmospheric disturbance filmed in Hawaii

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by cloaked4u
reply to post by Phage

perhaps phage, you will reply to my sis, who stated that this is no rocket, but a huge massive solar flare and that this was in her astro physics classes in school. I will say that maybe since ellinin is around, maybe this is what triggered the solar flare. hmmmmm.

edit on 30-6-2011 by cloaked4u because: to add a word, so i get my point out there.

to all those who think this was the rocket doing. I suppose you are the ones who believed that the bird die offs were caused by fireworks. Well, maybe we will see more fireworks for you peoples here on ats on the fourth of july.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by PhantomLimb

I think it's just a quiet way of voicing our opinion about shenanigans happening in the Spratlys. It's probably only a few minutes difference in flight-time from the Marshal Islands. Not that we don't test things in the Marshal Islands anyways, but the timing...

Might also be testing ship-based lasers against it too, but likely staying even more quiet about that since I didn't see anything reported in that regard.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
There are three "stars" in a triangular formation slowly moving upward in the middle of the frame. You can see them if you compare the first frame against the last frame. A fainter "star" to the side of this formation "flares" as the wave passes over it. So...what are those things?

Edit to add: there's actually a smaller formation of moving stars closer to the top as well and even another one to the far right of the frame. They look like huge triangles.

Watch this video all the way through and then hit the play button again to see the last frame jump back to the first frame. Then you can see the distance traveled by these "stars".video
edit on 30-6-2011 by Alpha Arietis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Thanks for the video... It was explained very thoroughly in the article.
reply to post by TheRealTruth84

Ok......and.....your point?

Are you being sarcastic for fun or is this just your nature? I watched the video and I still had the question.

We have had the internet for a long time now and I am quite accustomed to strange occurrences taking place, however I have never seen a video or picture like that.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Well, the sun shines every day, but we arent constantly looking at rainbows. And the sun sets every night, but it doesnt always make a green flash, and the moon is out every night, but there arent always moon halos. So why would you expect the same light show every time a rocket is launched? Atmospheric conditions differ, cloud cover and visibility differ, and so its not really unreasonable to think that sometimes, setting of a rocket will make some interesting light effect.
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

Thank you so much for answering my question without being a jerk in your response.

I have observed the ripples but never have I seen a picture or video that looks like that! I was hoping someone like yourself could indeed explain it....and I thank you for doing such a good job and again...not being a jerk.

THANK YOU again!

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
So phage, still no comment. Are you searching like my sis told you to do. You keep checking there fella, I'm sure you will find THE FILMS of solar flare ejections in physics classes in schools. That is what my sis is talking about. So, after you post the films or you won't, in that case you are a dis info. but if you post the films, look at the similarities, OK. And , if you do not post them, i will.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by cloaked4u

since light travels faster than the SHOCKWAVE, that is what the hawaii pic is, they saw the light. Now i wonder when the shockwave will hit. Like throwing a rock in a lake and the ripple effect. I wonder how long it will take the shockwave from the sun to get to us. Also, now that the solar flare missed us, i wonder how much of the SHOCKWAVE we will get from this event. It was no missle . Those of you who believe this story, "the missle thing", are the ones who believe fireworks was the reason for the bird die offs.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
The video title is 'Atmospheric Flare From A Minuteman III ICBM Missile.'

I'm going with that.

edit on 29-6-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

Yup, you'll go with that.

Sounds like this though, "If the Titanic sank today, here's how they spin it":

President Obama: The Titanic isn't sinking. It's merely engaged in "aquatic action."

The Journalist: The Titanic has a hole in its side, but official sources tell us it's only "aquatic action" and there's no cause for alarm. And we believe them.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Its a gateway opened by the aliens of 581d in an attempt to bring mind control to us all so that we will be their slaves and do all their ironing.

Booya, problem solved.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by truthseeker84

Like me and especially my sis told me. A solar flare. looksie and check it out, i will give more video. www.youtu.be...

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

youtube , summer solstice cme, The vid will not work for me. try again

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
ok, here one video. www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by zooplancton
weird. it looks like a manual focus lens being adjusted. not a continuous expansion like you usually see in explosion video.
interesting.

edit: oops, didn't see other posts.
edit on 6/29/2011 by zooplancton because: (no reason given)

I was thinking the same thing like some sort of focusing from a camera. Maybe its project blue beam... maybe all of those "chemitrails" we see are acting like a screen for the huge projector and can project pictures into the skies like at the movies. Js.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
here phage, the date 3 weeks ago says on youtube, but the news said tonight, but the person who put it on there put 3 weeks ago. I wonder when this was aired. Anyway phage. www.youtube.com...
edit on 30-6-2011 by cloaked4u because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Quaid

It's a single launch. The two times shown are local California time and Zulu time (UTC).

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   

There is some similarity with a solar flare. But notice that the video you posted is of the sun, taken from a spacecraft way out in space.

The video in the posted article was taken from Hawaii, in the earth's atmosphere.

Also, when CME's reach earth from the sun, you get aurora's at the poles. Obviously Hawaii isn't at the poles.

However, there's probably some good physical reasons why the event filmed in Hawaii looks similar to a CME.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

that is not true. It is not a minutemen 3 missle. You are seeing a solar flare that missed us. I will give more video.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by XtraTL

yes, you get aurora's at the poles, did you check on that date when this was seen in hawaii , check what happened in alaska on that date. go ahead check it out.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Wow I am simply amazed!!!! Amazed that what you have shown us looks absolutely nothing like what is shown in the OP......Having taken 1 or 2 physics classes myself lol, I feel completely comfortable in saying that I honestly do not know how anyone could look at the OP and think that it looks anything like an aurora. After spending 4 years stationed in Alaska, I have seen quite a few aurora's in many shapes, colors, and flavors....Also as for Phage...Phage is a great contributor to this site, who always posts reliable and/or useful information.....If there is one thing Phage is not, that's a dis-info agent.

Now on to the OP and the entire missile story as a whole. Has anyone even considered that: #1 We do test our missile capabilities from time to time.....This is an extremely important exercise that must be conducted exactly as a real world event. #2 In the light of recent world tensions and/or Iran's recent posturing, we were kinda flexing our muscles.....
edit on 30-6-2011 by Combatmed1 because: stuff

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   

There was a C7.7 (mild) x-ray flare on June 21 at 01:22 UTC. There was a CME assciated with it which missed Earth

The stage separation seen in the webcam occurred at 13:39UTC, 36 hours after the flare.

Your sister is wrong.

edit on 6/30/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join