It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A test to show you have a weak mind: Proof.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

...hmm.

I've tried to hightlight where I think its gone slightly wrong...

At what stage during reading a book do you stop, because so far its complete rubbish? Have you ever stopped watching a film after 20-30 mins because it was dire?

This is my point...

Boncho wrote:

THIS IS MY STANCE!
THIS IS MY STANCE!
THIS IS MY STANCE!
THIS IS MY STANCE!
THIS IS MY STANCE!
ONLY JOKING!

At what stage do you turn off when presented with something that so far seems complete rubbish?

You have to make a judgement call.

If this was a real post and someone changed their mind right at the bottom, it would be flamed. If you are presenting something that at the end makes a u-turn, then you should give indications of this prior to the u-turn.

Otherwise it's just like those bad films.. After everything they went through, it was just a bad dream. Pretty pointless.

edit on 24-6-2011 by dsm1664 because: sp

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amaterasu
Well. I read the whole. Even the side note.

Still quite confused as to what the purpose is that You are going for.

I did the same. And I felt exactly the same way you did up until I read the first reply, ignoring the edited bit.

I don't think the OP intended for the thread to be taken seriously...and the 'test' was virtually just to see members' read/response mannerisms. While I don't agree 'failing the test' is proof of a weak mind, can't say I didn't find the whole experiment rather amusing.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep
Right, i read the whole OP, even the sidenote.

I get what you are trying to do mate, but this would hardly proof that someone has a weak mind.

The only thing it will proof is that some people cannot be bothered to read a full OP, nothing more nothing less.

To try and pschyco analyze someone, just because they did not read a full OP on a conspiracy forum is just naff.

VVV

yes thank you

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Looks like i passed this test then.

I was tempted to click that reply button before i read it through though.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by namine

Originally posted by Amaterasu
Well. I read the whole. Even the side note.

Still quite confused as to what the purpose is that You are going for.

I did the same. And I felt exactly the same way you did up until I read the first reply, ignoring the edited bit.

I don't think the OP intended for the thread to be taken seriously...and the 'test' was virtually just to see members' read/response mannerisms. While I don't agree 'failing the test' is proof of a weak mind, can't say I didn't find the whole experiment rather amusing.

Ah. Ok. Yeah, I guess. People will respond before reading the whole - I can't say I NEVER am guilty of that, but most often I do read everything. Guess I passed this "test?"

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by drsamuelfrancis
reply to post by boncho

I don't agree with what you have just stated. does that mean I have weak mind? I'd say I have an open mind, but not a weak one? :/

Now to read the comments from others

It has nothing to do with agreeing or not. This is about people that seem to respond to threads or posts without even reading the full post first.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Holy crud, you take an intresting stances. I am surprised that this came you Boncho. What is your stance though?
edit on 24-6-2011 by Jordan River because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant
reply to post by boncho

There was a test like this we all had to take in elementary school and to this day that test bothers me.
Clear instructions were given at the beginning to read the test completely though in it's entirety before starting to do the questions and tasks.
It asked a number of questions and had you do a number of things like get up from your desk and walk around it and pat yourself on the head or snap your fingers.

Through out the taking of the test we saw all of our classmates (except a very few - like 2) stand up and walk around their desk and call out prime numbers under 20 and patting heads etc.

The last line of the test said now write your name at the top of the paper and put your pencil down and don't do anything more.

That test made all of us...well most of us, look like fools. I sometimes wish I could live my life again so I could get a do over on that test. To this day I can picture the few bright students who could follow direction and who sat and did nothing watching the rest of us become idiots for half an hour.

That is kind of disturbing test.. I am pretty sure i would be one of those 2 though if i were in that situation.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

Yes, sir, you passed, on this occasion anyway, draw what conclusions you will out of that, insignificant or otherwise. I can say I've never responded to a post I didn't read in its entirety - if I skip through a post for whatever reason it's because I have no intention of responding to it (I don't think you could take a more flawed approach than that), obviously not the case for some people. To each their own.

edit on 24-6-2011 by namine because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Very good.I have been wondering if it was me or the people on these web sites were just becomeing more angree and hateful,you have proven something I never thought about.This is what happens when you try and put something together without reading the instructions,then when it does not work "IT" is a piece of s***.

The post I like the best is "fix your grammer and spelling so "WE"can take you seriously",Not only do they ridicule instead of respond but claim to speak for all.The only thing I can figure is you got to them good and this is all they have to respond with.

What is even more curious is the way people just keep responding to your post and not the "sidenote"purty much proves your point.

I have read more and it seems you are being attacked now for showing people where they might be cheating themselves if they don't read the whole post before makeing fools of themselves.I guess some people just can't deal with constuctive criticism although I do think the "weak mind"thing was a little strong.
edit on 24-6-2011 by Battleline because: Was not finished.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by dsm1664

At what stage during reading a book do you stop, because so far its complete rubbish? Have you ever stopped watching a film after 20-30 mins because it was dire?

This is my point...
Boncho wrote:

THIS IS MY STANCE!
THIS IS MY STANCE!
THIS IS MY STANCE!
THIS IS MY STANCE!
THIS IS MY STANCE!
ONLY JOKING!

At what stage do you turn off when presented with something that so far seems complete rubbish?

If this was a real post and someone changed their mind right at the bottom, it would be flamed. If you are presenting something that at the end makes a u-turn, then you should give indications of this prior to the u-turn.

Otherwise it's just like those bad films.. After everything they went through, it was just a bad dream. Pretty pointless.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but when someone doesn't finish a book/film because they think it's rubbish, they throw it in the trash instead of writing the author/director about how wrong their opinions are. Anyone who reads the original post here is free to stop reading at any point and turn away. The OP was making a point for the people who REACT to (as opposed to turning away from) what a post says when they haven't read the entire thing. How can anyone accurately have a debate with someone if they haven't taken the effort to listen to what one another is really saying? The OP has aided in keeping us aware that we are emotional creatures so we can better prepare ourselves for handling information received in an appropriate manner.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Why is this thread flagged it is the dumbest thing I've read ever in the history of ats and probably the biggest waste of time..

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Angelaisaac

Originally posted by dsm1664

This is my point...
Boncho wrote:

THIS IS MY STANCE!
THIS IS MY STANCE!
THIS IS MY STANCE!
THIS IS MY STANCE!
THIS IS MY STANCE!
ONLY JOKING!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but when someone doesn't finish a book/film because they think it's rubbish, they throw it in the trash instead of writing the author/director about how wrong their opinions are. Anyone who reads the original post here is free to stop reading at any point and turn away. The OP was making a point for the people who REACT to (as opposed to turning away from) what a post says when they haven't read the entire thing. How can anyone accurately have a debate with someone if they haven't taken the effort to listen to what one another is really saying? The OP has aided in keeping us aware that we are emotional creatures so we can better prepare ourselves for handling information received in an appropriate manner.

Well....the op has no right to do that because it (the op) is always in other peoples threads saying that they are wrong.. The op doesn't just "turn away" and move on to a different thread.

Besides there are threads that are posted on here that take an hour or more to read but have faults contained in the first paragraph.. You expect everyone to file through that bs just so that they can point out a flaw in the op... I sure as he'll don't
edit on 24-6-2011 by mb2591 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Angelaisaac

Because he set the mindset for the post in the first paragraph, this continued to the second and third.

Why should the last be any different?

If I started a post with racist opinions, confirmed my opinions in the second and reiterated in the third, what would you think the forth paragraph contained? At what point would your blood boil and say I can't read any more of this bull*SNIP*? --->Emotional reaction. Too late! Posted a comment without fully digesting.

...And for the record, I read the entire post, I just think this was a poor test (as in, could have been done better).

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Angelaisaac

Correct me if I'm wrong, but when someone doesn't finish a book/film because they think it's rubbish, they throw it in the trash instead of writing the author/director about how wrong their opinions are.

This is an internet forum, where we do have the ability to voice our opinions.

And actually Twitter is being used as a way to gage feedback for films/books/tv shows. So in effect, people are doing exactly this!

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Thats amazing...I never realized so many people reply without reading an entire post....it's sort of sad really. I mean how hard is it, to read a whole post? Why is anyone even on a site where they have to READ if they are not going to READ something in full?......I'm starting to get a good Idea why some people believe crazy Ideas with no evidence...they simply don't want to be bothered with all the details but want to have opinions on things that they've only skimmed the surface of. *sigh*

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Very enlightening indeed, although I don't respond much anyways.

P.S. - I read a lot of your posts, I usually laugh at how much they can make sense.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

If you think that is bad, check this out:

From the first two lines of my thread Wake up White People:

Originally posted by FortAnthem
I always wanted to start a thread with that title, just to see how many folks come swooping in here to berate the racist A-hole who would dare to post something under that title.

Let's also consider this an ATS experiment to catch all those folks who post without reading the OP, responding only to the thread title.

Nobody would fall for that right?

Originally posted by Skittle
Is Stormfront.net closed or is the OP banned?

Isn't there room enough on other racist/nationalist sites for this type of hate?
This is a conspiracy site not a hate site. Fix up!

And a few days later, I caught another one:

Originally posted by catwhoknows
reply to post by FortAnthem

Yes, I say WAKE UP RACIST WHITE PEOPLE!

These people are ignorant and stupid - and I have a problem with these people.

Are you on this earth to hate people?

Why are you on this earth?

Anybody who read the OP would have known the title was a test and the rest of the OP went on to rip the racists (in fact, I got criticism for being too mean to the racists
) but, these two went and posted their replies based solely on the title of the thread without reading one word of the OP.

ETA: I read the OP all the way through. I knew something was wrong when you started spouting all that religious stuff. WAY outta character for you.

Do I get a cookie?

Or better yet, how about some bacon? Mmmmmmn bacon...

edit on 6/24/11 by FortAnthem because: [atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4513b79921bc.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Good thread. The ego has always been man's downfall. If you can put emotion and ego aside, you can make far better, unbiased decisions and reach more logical conclusions.

In short, most people are more concerned with being right rather than what is right. And the paradox is that they won't admit that fact because they want to be right! There are entire books about the human ego and how it rules our lives and causes us to make uninformed, irrational decisions and choices every day of our lives.

Just like those who replied before reading the side note; they immediately thought, "this is a bunch of BS!" and replied, before they had all of the facts and information.

Here's a little test; how many people here, who are 9/11 "truthers", were once convinced it was all caused by Islamic terrorists? How many were once dyed in the wool conservatives but now see that GW was just as evil as Obama and Clinton and perhaps even Saddam Hussein himself? I know I was once there. But when I put my ego aside and opened my mind to other possibilities, I completely changed my beliefs.

Rather than looking at the issue, we focus on those who don't believe like we do and we set our sights on them instead of what they say. How many times have you seen a post come up and as soon as you saw you posted it, you thought, "Oh great. This ought to be good, this guy posts nothing but garbage"? I'm sure it happens all the time. I think we would learn more if everybody posted anonymously and their profiles all looked the same. That way we wouldn't be prejudice and would open our minds to learn.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

That was a pretty easy test. I always read to the end. And I always read every post if the thread interests me. I hate when you read over and over people posting the exact same comments. Well, I didn't do that this time, I just posted that I passed the test. Now I guess I'll see what others have said.

Besides, I didn't think the first part sounded anything like you have ever posted on here before.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join