It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A test to show you have a weak mind: Proof.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Yes, I read it all the way through but fix your grammar and spelling so I can take you seriously. I've never heard of the "builderbergers".

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep
The only thing it will proof is that some people cannot be bothered to read a full OP, nothing more nothing less.

Its actually not a bad test...see if emotions override information gathering..if someone comes across a keyword to a sentence and put in a context they disagree with, will they continue to read and get the full perspective, or will they immediately shut down over emotional desires and refute without bothering to get more information.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Man, I came here thinking I'd get some kind of IQ test or something, and was severely disappointed. Then, I read the post and realized that I've been wrong all along. Here I thought that comets were masses of rock and ice, but now I know that they are really biblical figures. I never would have guessed that Jesus, Satan, and all the rest were simply metaphors for comets. I'm sad now. I think I'll go cut my wrists. Too funny, you got me!

edit on 24-6-2011 by navy_vet_stg3 because: Edited to add: Too funny, you got me!

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by dethduck
This is NOT a "test".

It is forced dogmatic "opinion" painted as an exercise in observation while at the same time still plying the judeo-christian religious, holy book thumping "My views are truth and right and if you don't agree, well then, you're wrong and a sinner!" tactics.

This is not clever, it's insulting.

Ummmm, No. You clearly didn't read the entire post, or you did read it but failed to understand the ironical nature of it. The OP was, for lack of a better way to put it, talking out of his A$$ in the first part. He made this quite clear in the side note at the end. The point of this was to expose the people that read the first two lines of a post, stop reading, and then comment on it. You are the person he was attempting to expose, and it appears that it worked quite well. Perhaps you should go back and read it again.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
This actually was a good test. I have to admit, I quit reading after the "end of test" part. Blew right past the final paragraph. Star and Flag!

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

I disagree, it was baited.

Dear ATS,

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Truthbender13

Yeah, so it seemed weird to me. Because I read all of it just like that and - considering the not so dreadful length - supposed it shouldn't be that much of a big trick...

... only after reading the replies did I understand - people actually did jump ahead to conclusions and replied without having read the entire thing.

And thats why corporations make large disclaimers with important stuff tucked deep within their walls of information...people (whom often consider themselves astute and clever) rarely read more than a few sentences, skim a bit, and then respond.

And this is the conspiracy theory mindsets at that...aka, the ones that are more prone to read the fineprint...imagine john q public and how screwed they are...you can put on the 4th sentence "this product will make you sterile" and it will be unread by most so long as something initially distracts them.

emotions override logic in many.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Ha Ha Ha Ha absolutely brilliant post OP. Love it!!!

Your point is well made and opened my eyes, i just assumed that people would read the entire OP before replying, silly me it seems.

Star and a flag !

:-)

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Glad I passed!. My first thought after reading the test was, there has got to be something else going on here, a trick or something.

LOL I question everything anyway.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by dsm1664

when I read the ops, I personally was preparing a response for each silly thing said.
I came very close actually to not read the sidenote as often sidenotes (which pose as often irrelevant information, or inconsequencial...such as "I won't be here until tonight.." or "this opinion is based off 12 years of research and channeling zorn from Andromeda", etc...but decided meh...read that also just to slam down any potential info there also...

I think the concept of "baiting" is the actual point to an extent...baiting = hitting emotional responses to override your logical conclusion of the whole subject...the subject is, in my opinion...emotions win over information...and in that respect, I think he may be right for the most part.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Thanks for the exercise and illustration. It was intriguing to see how much indignation there is in some of the responses to the OP. I was captivated by the insight gained from the responses, as to the character of each respondent. For example, some replied with humor and an ability to laugh at one’s self which to me illustrates a person who is pretty easy going and perhaps level headed. While others, responded with sarcasm, anger, or even vitriol for the OP pointing out a “flaw” which is indicative in my view, of one who is self-centered and prideful. Other respondents simply didn’t comprehend the nature of such a self assessment. For those, I felt as if they probably tended to avoid topics of an esoteric or philosophical nature.

This of course, is purely a generalization on my part…on observational judgment. It does not mean anything in the grand scheme and is purely my opinion.

I must admit that when reading the title of this thread, I felt challenged and wanted to know what kind of test was being offered. I felt as if any test that could be presented would either be easy to pass and/or purely a waste of time. I began reading the OP and as many here, began making judgments even before I completed my reading of it. I remember thinking, here is another idiotic poster who doesn’t know anything about anything and is likely out of their mind (then again, who isn’t?) When I was more than half finished, I thought that this was not a test at all…how could it be? There weren’t any questions to answer. Finally, after reading the entire post, I realized that I “passed” the test, at least that which would see me fail if I responded to the OP without fully reading it. However in my mind, I did fail the test because I began passing judgment long before I had concluded my reading. So what does that tell you, about me?

We are each entitled to our opinions and the way we look at everyday experiences tells a lot about us. I for one, enjoyed the OP and for the thoughts and feelings that it invoked. Hopefully, we all can take the time to really absorb what is being said by others, whether it is in written form or verbal, before we decide to pass judgment and offer up our opinions. I believe that it will help us take a step back once in a while to see who is really staring back at us in the mirror.

ESV

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Philojoshua
Your point is well made and opened my eyes, i just assumed that people would read the entire OP before replying, silly me it seems.

I got to "Elenin" and my eyes glazed over. I admit it. I'm like that though. I get the same way with the 9/11 Truth crowd and Ron Paul posts, and I actually like Ron Paul. Go figure.

@SaturnFX - Baiting is what we do at 419eater....LOL.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Well. I read the whole. Even the side note.

Still quite confused as to what the purpose is that You are going for. I don't agree with any of the starred items - but that does not seem to be the point. [shrug]

Not sure WHAT the point is.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by lastbleedingvictim
I did, but i couldn't understand if that meant that you were still ignorant and were just making us take a test, or if you made me read this and waste my time.

He can't make you read this, it's 100% all up to you to choose what you want to do but if you want to go calling people ignorant, no one's stopping you either...

Just know that your level of respect on ATS will go down down down if you continue your disrespectful and rude behavior. Have a nice day...

edit on 24-6-2011 by iSwag because: fixx

link   
The initial bullet list and following paragraph made me think you intended to turn conspiracy theorists on their heads, calling them weak minded for believing in 'foolish theories', but I kept reading.

Then you attempted to elicit an emotional response by claiming with absolute certainty that God is real and Aliens are Demons. It seemed you were going to call atheists weak minded because they lack faith. I have to admit this was nearly getting under my skin, but I kept reading.

When I reached the side note, it very nearly made me laugh out loud. I see that your goal was to show that a weak minded person allows their emotions to overcome their reason, making them easy for the elites to play like a fiddle. Well played sir. S+F

link   
Well, since you mentioned it was a test, I found it my obligation to read it all, without feeling the slightest semblance of emotion. ^^ I found the statements very interesting, yet untrue in the grand scope of things. Why would I be angered by you saying aliens don't exist, when clearly I should use Discernment to find my own Truth?

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Nice try, I red it all before I posted anything

Good luck with calming down. Here is something for you - how to communicate non-violently. I am learning myself

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by LannisterGold

If a person can't spell, they shouldn't be taken seriously? So that means we need to be able to spell perfectly in able to form thoughts worthy of consideration?

I think the OP had a great point, and the spelling of a word should not determine how receptive someone is to their idea. I know many people with great ideas who are not the best spellers. A person would be a fool not to take them seriously over something so silly.

Not to say there aren't times in life when spelling matters. I just don't think the misspelled word, in this case, had any effect on the overall message sent. I received it quite well.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Read below I didn't read the sidenote at first
edit on 24-6-2011 by samlf3rd because: didn't read sidenote

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

I didn't read the side note-Hilarious! sorry O.P. good test, I assumed and made an ass out of myself!

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join