It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Full Steam Ahead For China

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   

www.npr.org

After a generation of absorbing foreign capital and technology, China is now beginning to export them. It has found the export of infrastructure especially profitable, both economically and politically. China is building high-speed rail links in Turkey, Venezuela and Saudi Arabia, and has expressed interest in bidding for projects in the United States.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
China Offers High-Speed Rail to California

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
The article states that they are footing much of the bill for the high speed rail in other countries.
Is China getting their infrastructure in place for something down the road? Or are they just trying to make even more money than they already are?

www.npr.org
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 14-6-2011 by aceto because: grammar

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by aceto

Yep, keep shovelling the coal in to the Engine,All aboard ,next stop world domination

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by 12voltz
reply to post by aceto

Yep, keep shovelling the coal in to the Engine,All aboard ,next stop world domination

I wonder from where/who the coal come from (look at USA)
, somebody might get burn, not me

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Good for them and we knew this was going to happening because we buy practically everything from China.
Its always made in China

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   
I think they should work on their infrastructure anyway. Especially when you have 200 million people in poverty.
edit on 14-6-2011 by DOUGH3914 because: *

edit on 14-6-2011 by DOUGH3914 because: Malso

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
I was considering moving to China, but I figure they will come to us soon enough. Obviously, with the US continuing its decline, there is a spot open for a new super-leader. In reality, I am just worried that the US will not clean up its act, because if that doesn't happen, I don't think that the country will ever be considered #1 in the World again.

Like I said in another thread, it is bad when the communists are telling you to clean up your act.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
American land will be given to China ((see ATS threads about this)). Why buy from America's resources when they can obtain American land with access to farming, mining, etc. from their own laborers, all contained in their own built cities .When there's no more resources in their own country they will obtain even American land strip the land after they have it for their personal use.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
The thing you have to admire about China is that they keep the whole "last big bad Communist" propaganda thing going! I mean, they are without a doubt a "capitalist" country if there ever was one! The only difference between China and the USA is that the "Lords and Ladies" that rule over the vast population use the Chinese military to keep the whole thing running like the big corporation it is. In the USA, the "Lords and Ladies" that rule over the vast population have they're own armed forces, they call them Lawyers and bankers!
Either way, one day the Chinese and USA "vast populations" will have enough and that will besomething to see !

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   
well, once china control the worlds supply of fresh water they will need an infrastructure to supply the slaves with.
me thinks......

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by DOUGH3914
I think they should work on their infrastructure anyway. Especially when you have 800 million people in poverty.
edit on 14-6-2011 by DOUGH3914 because: *

Source? According to wiki, less than 16 % of people in China live beyond poverty line, which is about 200 million people. This is thanks to their immense economic growth in the past decades.

Poverty in China
edit on 14/6/11 by Maslo because: added link

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Israel is really going to have to keep tabs on China - I wonder how long before there is a CHIPAC to go go with our AIPAC.

And of course their will be propaganda:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a619af938638.jpg[/atsimg]

Seriously though. The Chinese are doing the world a solid by building infrastructure where it is needed.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Look at the countries. There after the Oil. They are even willing to foot a lot of the cost for brownie points.

Turkey, Venezuela and Saudi Arabia,

I wish the US had this much common sense. The world is in for a rude awakening once China is top dog. Economicly we in the west are feeling the effects and it's going to get worse.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   
How come Chinese Communism is ok to America now, when Communism anywhere else cause most US Citizens to go in paroxysms about Reds under the Beds, Commies, and so on?

Why did the US spend so much of its time fighting the red menace of the USSR yet bends over like a bitch for the Chinese to stick it to them?

What was the Cold War for? We didn't trade with the USSR to the degree we do the Chinese because the USSR was a danger to freedom, democracy, to Mom and apple pie. The Chinese pose the same threat exactly, yet we deal with them daily, they abuse their citizens who live in a state little above slavery for many, their leaders live lives of unbridled luxury at the expense of the people.

How come this is ok for China, but wasn't for the USSR? Why aren't people making a fuss? It can't all be about cheap TVs, iPods, iPads, and the other crap they churn out for the West on the quiet.

The Chinese Communists are as bad, if not worse, than the USSR ever aspired to be.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

According to wiki Taiwan is part of China

Also, 800 million chinese are living in rural areas, and its safely to assume they are living in poverty, compared to urban population in China.

In the moment wiki takes into consideration Taiwan as part of China, nothing they say can be considered accurate about China.

Anyway,

www.bbc.co.uk...

Could this be the real steam ahead?

edition.cnn.com...

I am quite sure China have so many problems, that the China lovers (in the same time US haters) are way to blind to see it.

They have like no infrastructure outside urban areas, huge problems with powerty in rural areas and a lot of money they can't spend for something that bring them revenues.

en.wikipedia.org...

Since you like wiki, and i think you have basic math knoweledge, compare US, EU and China in terms of highways : all 3 have almost same total lenght of highways...except China have 1,3 billion ppl and US / EU roughly 300 mil.

So, China have roughly 4,3 times LESS highways then US / EU.Gee, they are really an economic force

edit on 14-6-2011 by Recollector because: *

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Oh, also this :

english.aljazeera.net...

"China's consumer price index, the official measure of inflation, has reached its highest level for nearly three years.

The National Statistics bureau said on Tuesday that consumer prices in May rose 5.5 per cent over a year earlier, driven by an 11.7 per cent jump in food costs.

The world's second-largest economy is "still facing significant inflationary pressures" and must implement measures to contain prices, Sheng Laiyun, national bureau of statistics spokesman, said."

This is when you have too much money and can't spend it properly.
And this comes from THEIR National Statistics bureau, which makes me beleive that the real figures are higher.

China is not a top dog, its not even a dog

They only LOOK like a dog, sometimes bark like a dog, but i didn't see it bite like a dog yet.

China power is an ILLUSION.
edit on 14-6-2011 by Recollector because: *

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Rob37n

Think the whole "Russian" versus "Chinese" flavor of Communism was treated differently in the USA comes down to a few factors: 1) The WARSAW Pact - Much more of a threat to "Western Civilization" than China was ever percieved to be. 2) WARSAW Pact - Actually a much more immediate geogrpahic/geopolitical threat to "Western Civilization" than China was ever percieved to be. 3) China, - Much more willing to enter into trade agreements with the US so they could build up a good supply of dollars, knowing that would be the best way to hurt the US, which is all China, excuse me, Chinese "Communist" really ever want to do. 4) When the Chinese say "The Peoples Army" what they're saying is, "The army we use to persecute our people" and don't get me wrong, it works for the "comrades" that rule the people. 5) Chinese communism didn't make China what it is today, Chinese culture did. The "dynasties" never really went away. They just substituted one kind of dictatorship for another 5) Chinese people are no more inherently evil than say, Russian people, or Iranian people, or British people, or American people etc, but it doesn't matter where you look around the world, when your talking "governments" you can't look in ANY direction without facing evil.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Recollector

In the moment wiki takes into consideration Taiwan as part of China, nothing they say can be considered accurate about China.

Wiki has a nice article about the Taiwan controversy covering both sides, I dont know why you believe it is one sided:

en.wikipedia.org...

I am quite sure China have so many problems, that the China lovers (in the same time US haters) are way to blind to see it.

It sure has many problems, and I am not an US hater.

Since you like wiki, and i think you have basic math knoweledge, compare US, EU and China in terms of highways : all 3 have almost same total lenght of highways...except China have 1,3 billion ppl and US / EU roughly 300 mil.

It is a developing country, what do you expect, that it will magically be at the same level of development as the US? I fail to see your point. Maybe you are a China hater?

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Recollector

China is not a top dog, its not even a dog They only LOOK like a dog, sometimes bark like a dog, but i didn't see it bite like a dog yet. China power is an ILLUSION.

China is the second largest economy in the world, after the US, and the fastest gowing economy. If that is not top dog, then I dont know what is.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

By your own admission China's economy is the second largest in the world after who's? The United States I would say that makes America the top dog not China.

<<   2 >>

join