It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China Offers High-Speed Rail to California

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   

China Offers High-Speed Rail to California

www.nytimes.com

Nearly 150 years after American railroads brought in thousands of Chinese laborers to build rail lines across the West, China is poised once again to play a role in American rail construction. But this time, it would be an entirely different role: supplying the technology, equipment and engineers to build high-speed rail lines.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/dfa1feea6d40.jpg[/atsimg]

Chinese government has signed cooperation agreements with the State of California and General Electric to help build such lines. The agreements, both of which are preliminary, show Ch
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   

China is not the only country interested in selling high-speed rail equipment to the United States. Japan, Germany, South Korea, Spain, France and Italy have also approached California’s High Speed Rail Authority.

Interesting isn't that all these countries have contacted a bankrupted state, isn't it?

Is it out of the goodness of their hearts or a haiti-like situation where they control things through debt?

I just being a skeptic I guess

www.nytimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

is this a good thing ? shouldnt we be building our own railway ? this does not look good for the USA ! made in China ! *sigh*

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e33e1346f7c9.png[/atsimg]

I think that explains the future.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

no this is more like it

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
It's interesting that the high-speed maglev train that runs from the airport to downtown in shanghai was built by a german company. Perhaps we should look to someone else other than the Chinese for help.

MBF

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
This country has gone to pot. This is claimed to be the greatest nation in the world, but we have sat on our rear ends and not only let the rest of the world catch up, but some of it to pass us as far as technology is concerned. Japan graduates 5 times as many engineers every year as we do with less than half our population. It's just sad.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   

It is a sad day indeed, when American's need help with Engineering projects.

Instead of outsourcing every job and contract work there is, why doesn't America try being Industrious again?

I can tell you why, the pollution rapes the land and makes it useless.

So they out source, is it right or wrong? Not according to the Illuminati, nothing is right or wrong, everything is permissible.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
China probably owns California anyway,so I'm not surprised.

I wonder where this fits into Agenda 21...

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Wow...maybe that former KGB guy was right when he said the west coast would be under very heavy Chinese influence.

That is something else.

I believe most on here will recall the ATS thread concerning the former KGB guy who proclaimed the downfall of the US.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Great.... Lets see. First they build toys that kill children. They put cardboard in thier peoples food. They sell us drywall that rots wiring. Now we have a chance to ride thier high speed trains. LMAO I can hardly wait to see what happens with this one....

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
First of all, what American would want to stand up and build this high speed rail system after being told if you are successful you will be penalized to reward those who only feed and don't contribute? Seems pretty demotivational, and a big deterrent to promoting innovation and hard work, doesn't it?

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Well if this is China's diplomatic relations strategy is a hell of a lot better than sending tens of thousands of troops.

Skepticism is good, but I hope it doesn't get in the way of a good thing. I think this is more of an olive branch offering. Maybe I'm wrong, but California is hurting lately and this certainly could help not just them, and could also lead the way for a lot of high speed trains all over America.

The bullet train really is a fantastic means of transportation. Can I get some backup from some ATS European members?

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by MBF
This country has gone to pot. This is claimed to be the greatest nation in the world, but we have sat on our rear ends and not only let the rest of the world catch up, but some of it to pass us as far as technology is concerned. Japan graduates 5 times as many engineers every year as we do with less than half our population. It's just sad.

I basically agree with you, but I'm compelled to note that with the grim 20-year economic slide in Japan and what is now being called a "super-ice age of hiring" for new grads in Tokyo, I wouldn't envy most of those newly-minted engineers...

new topics

top topics

join