It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TSA takes toy away from mentally challenged man

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   

TSA takes toy away from mentally challenged man

www.examiner.com

We can all sleep easier tonight knowing that Drew Mandy’s plastic toy hammer is in the trash rather than terrorizing passengers and crew on the plane he and his parents boarded for Walt Disney World.

If you’re looking for someone to thank for depriving a mentally challenged 29-year-old of his much-beloved security blanket, look no further than the Transportation and Security Administration.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Detroit Airport is probably the closest I have come in the US to Stalins Russia. The people running security there act like 2 ton Gorillas. I can clearly understand how this abomination was carried out.

They are harassing the mentally retarded now. Drew has the mental capacity of a 2 year old. He wears adult diapers.

Where in the hell do they get these people? Oh that's right, off the back of pizza boxes.

The only way this is going to stop is when people stop flying. Boycott the airlines- join your own 'no fly list' and stop letting the abuse of ourselves and our constitution continue.

www.examiner.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 12-6-2011 by Stratus9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Well thank goodness mom outsmarted the TSA and had another toy in her backpack that they didn't detect. That poor young man. Imagine had mom not been prepared and he didn't have his "security blanket" with him on the plane. He would likely have been highly agitated by the noise of the flight, etc. I can even imagine that he would have been so agitated that they would have done an emergency landing or something due to it. I say that because it would be different than a two year old child having a meltdown. They would view him as a serious problem due to his age and size.

It is digusting what the TSA employees are doing. Daily it seems we are hearing about having to retrain these employees who keep making these horrendous judgement calls. The TSA needs to either do a better job screening or training in the first place, or knock this nonsense off already.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I boarded a plane in 06, 07, and 08 with a backpack full of diecast model cars and they did not take them away.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
That's really low. Even for TSA.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I googled
I don't trust the examiner - but it seems like they got this story 100% correct.

It is sickening that they can't tell the difference between a lethal weapon and plastic toy... on the bright side, maybe it'll wake some people up to whats really going on and/or they will retrain the monkeys... I mean TSA agents.... to distinguish between the two.

Here's hoping! (but doubting)

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Yes, because this guy "fit the description" of a Terrorist, right?

Everyone should stop flying NOW, and people that are forced to fly because of their work should sue their companies for forcing them to have hands down the pants or naked body scanner...

They are conditioning us folks - look at the people they give the hardest time - children, mentally challenged, elderly, hot chicks (of course). They're all low paid low IQ perverts.

TSA's message:

SUBMIT.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Stratus9

Another sick and twisted tale from the sadistic files from TSA.
Firsts its touching up 6yr old children, then toddlers in diapers, and now mentally handicapped people in diapers.
I shudder at the thought of what TSA's next public violation will involve.
These ARE acts of terrorism by TSA. These such acts are designed to terrorise the masses.
TSA has terrorised the American people more than any terrorist organisation ever could.

PS, has TSA actually prevented terrorism yet?
Or have thay only caused it?

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Can't wait till the TSA is at every bus, train and subway station.

Every day just becomes more infuriating then the last.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by meathed

What is really horrifying is that the Pizza Box advertisement read: "A Career Where X-Ray Vision and Federal Benefits Come Standard,"

Psychiatrists tell us that most of the sexual voyeurs they treat never get caught. These people are stealthy. So are pedophiles. So there is no level of 'screening' that would prevent these sexual sicko's- if they have never been arrested- to be prevented from employment.
And then the IDIOTS doing the employing create a titillating ad promising 'X-Ray vision'? That in itself is a sexually oriented little tidbit that would appeal to perverts - be they of the voyeuristic type or the pedophilia type.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Wow, death and terrorism by plastic toy hammer.

What next ? Teddy bears ? Baby soothers ? Mickey Mouse ears ?
Or how about women's brassieres ? Those things can make lethal slingshots you know...

Can you say "post-911 paranoia on crack coc aine" ?

... so many terrorists... so little time...

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

"Please, sir, we know what we're doing."

Uh, it's very obvious you don't, sir.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stratus9
reply to post by meathed

What is really horrifying is that the Pizza Box advertisement read: "A Career Where X-Ray Vision and Federal Benefits Come Standard,"

Psychiatrists tell us that most of the sexual voyeurs they treat never get caught. These people are stealthy. So are pedophiles. So there is no level of 'screening' that would prevent these sexual sicko's- if they have never been arrested- to be prevented from employment.
And then the IDIOTS doing the employing create a titillating ad promising 'X-Ray vision'? That in itself is a sexually oriented little tidbit that would appeal to perverts - be they of the voyeuristic type or the pedophilia type.

I agree, the pizza box ad is sickening to read to say the least.
And even more sickening is that your government approved such ads and wants to employ such people.
But not matter what the job is you will always have some sicko's evading the screening process.
BUT this type of advertisment is ,,,,,,well,,,,,,,,,,,, disgusting , inexcusable and unexceptable.

There maybe no level of screening that can weed these sicko's out, however we in Australia we are trying to.
I work in the security industry in Australia, but here in Australia we do get screened before we get our security licences , we cant have a criminal record. We get finger printed and our finger prints are screened too to make sure we haven't committed any offences of a violent or sexual nature that we haven't been caught for.
Our licence's get approved by the same authority that approves the police.
I even have to have a 12 month trial period and 2 assessments by a licenced trainer before i get a full security licence and only if i pass that will i be allowed to work alone, and during my trial period i have to work with a experienced Guard.
Im going to work on Wednesday at the State of Origin its a Rugby League match one of the Biggest in Australia with 70000 plus people at the ground. I can guarantee that security will be tight BUT it will be nothing like TSA tight. I WILL let a disabled man take his toys in.

Ps, please dont hate me for being a security guard

edit on 12-6-2011 by meathed because: Im a meathed and really bad at spellin

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by meathed

They will probably take away a blind man's cane or have an extended time of fondling his seeing-eye-dog.
edit on 12-6-2011 by acrux because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by CranialSponge
Wow, death and terrorism by plastic toy hammer.

What next ? Teddy bears ? Baby soothers ? Mickey Mouse ears ?
Or how about women's brassieres ? Those things can make lethal slingshots you know...

Can you say "post-911 paranoia on crack coc aine" ?

... so many terrorists... so little time...

I would say rampant stupidity.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals

Everyone should stop flying NOW, and people that are forced to fly because of their work should sue their companies for forcing them to have hands down the pants or naked body scanner...

I have already quit flying. I take AmTrak. It is much nicer than flying anyways. Much better seats and way more leg room!

I am a left below the knee amputee and getting through airport security is a nightmare. Of course my prosthesis sets off the metal detector and then they have (so far) just wand me and and ran my leg through the scanners. Just to make it easier I always go in my wheelchair. Other wise they want me to hope through the metal detectors. That was before I discovered how nice AmTrak is.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
This story gives new meaning to the lyrics "Stop, Hammer Time".

But the TSA wasn’t falling for that. One of them took the hammer and tapped the wall, observing, “'See, it's hard. It could be used as a weapon."

Seriously? I bet you could look in every single carry on bag and find something hard that could be used as a weapon.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by acrux
reply to post by meathed

They will probably take away a blind man's cane or have an extended time of fondling his seeing-eye-dog.
edit on 12-6-2011 by acrux because: (no reason given)

I think you meant that they will take away a blindman's TERRORIST stick to prevent another 9/11 and that they WILL spend extra time fondling his drug induced TERRORIST dog.
As, if it wasnt for the dog, well,,,,,, the blind terrorist would have never have made it to the airport in the first place, would he?

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Stratus9

I would personally like to give props to the fine men and women of the TSA. Ladies and Gentlemen, don't you realize the threat the MHAAF (Mentally Handicapped Against American Freedom) poses to us? They hate us because we are free! Have you ever seen what a mentally handicapped man could do with a toy hammer? Well he can bop you on the head. That's what! Do you know how easy it is to knock out a pilot after about 15000 brutal strikes to the temporal bone with a soft hammer? Oh and then there's the blanket. which he clearly intended to use in smothering the passengers to death.

Good Job TSA, Good job, you keep America safe from those Mentally Challenged Terrorists and those most lethal weapons that they carry and obtain for about five dollars from Toys R Us.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by meathed

I like your wit.

By the way I wonder how many ballons of drugs or sticks explosives you can get the dog to swallow.

<<   2 >>

join