It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prince Philip - too many people on the planet

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
There ARE too many humans on this planet.

Too many corrupt politicians.

Too many bankers.

Too many lobbyists.

Too many bible thumpers.

Too many airhead celebrities which think their opinions mean something.

Too many doctors open to receiving kickbacks from big pharma, for pushing their meds.

Too many cops who abuse their authority.

I can continue. I won't. There are simply far too many humans, who find pleasure in taking advantage of others.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Personally, I think there is one too many Duke of Edinburgh in the world, but what can you do about it?

Well, apart from start a revolution and remove the elitists scumbags from their Ivory Towers.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
maybe he should show us what a fine human he is and lead by example

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by akushla99
I think, at one end of the scale, boredom...the lack of urgency...speaking from a position of ultra comfort...having more money than sense
makes you say all sorts of things.

So, he personally produced 2, and 'lost' another 'leech' on his precious world resources, in return.

Princess Di had a bad habit of trying to save lives...what does this say?

Luckily, i guess, Camilla is no longer equipped or interested in adding to the problem.

Akushla

Oops...Philip, Charles...I always get them mixed up. Same family. They all say and do dumb things, for the some of the same reasons I originally commented.

Akushla

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Goosy, The GA Guidestones say 500 million.

My.Mind….Not everyone can grow their own food. My own garden was a total failure this year. I have no idea why. Cucumber plants grew nicely but only produced 3 cukes. Same for everything else. My just coming up potatoes were all drowned with so much rain in a short time. Etc.ect.

As to the Prince looking at his own family….did it ever occur to you that they were already born when he saw the problem. Prince Chas. Only has 2.

Those of you who continuously suggest that someone should kill themselves are just plain silly.

Many of you seem unaware that at this moment there are millions of people all over the world who are starving to death. They cannot feed themselves because they have overpopulated their land’s ability to produce enough food for them. Droughts and floods add to the problem. The only solution is fewer people and efficient food storage.

And to you who object to the idea of limited families…..What are you so afraid of???

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gooseygander
""He said he believed the growing human population was the biggest challenge to conservation and "voluntary family limitation" was the only way to tackle it."""

I think quite a lot of people think that this is an appropriate approach. I certainly do. The planet is too crowded and “voluntary family limitation” i.e. voluntary birth control is one way. In a world where millions are generationally dependent on food aid and water shortage and desertification are growing problems, this message is correct.

Originally posted by Gooseygander
So the King of Kong (ie lead mason, dont believe it but read it) thinks humans are bad in too many numbers so they a challenge, so kill our new borns or castrate the men.... he evil and etc etc

What’s the association here? Ah, of course. Prince Phillip speaks and because you don’t like him you use the news as an opportunity to rant on. There was I thinking you were commenting on his "voluntary family limitation" observation. I don’t think castration was mentioned or implied.

Regards

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by paraphi

No you right he a great guy, and didnt say if he was reincarnated he wanted to come back as a killer human virus, even if he did he was only joking ... right

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   

to you who object to the idea of limited families…..What are you so afraid of???

Thinking, being responsible, not being a barbarian?

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Gooseygander

How do you leap from "voluntary family limitation" to "castrate babies"...????

At the end of the day, all species limit each other by virtue of evolutionary principles. Too many rabbits? Plants die > rabbits die. Too many foxes? Ground rodents die > foxes die. Numbers even out by means of niche balance. Unfortunately, we've borrowed time by diverting water, storing food, creating technology. This has created a scenario by which our numbers are allowed to inflate artificially.

But, we're all clear that this is not a perfect panacea that we've created for our growing problem because disease, famine, drought and war all seem to spring up where the system is overburdened (and it's not always where you think due to resource allocation). In other words, an African nation may suffer a sever famine, but due to the way the world is rigged, the cause of that famine can be far, far away and not feel the effects directly.

In the end, a peaceful, agreeable voluntary stabilization will be necessary to curtail a violent involuntary one. We're not just talking population control, and honestly, I think that is just a band-aid. The real issue is resource management and environmental stewardship. The population is in tandem, but you can't just focus on newborns.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
If there are too many people....why have Europe/US/Australia been bringing in hundreds of millions of foreigners into their countries over the last 10 years?

Oh yeah....BABY BOOMERS are kicking the bucket. America will see 1/3rd of it's population die off in 5 years. Europe/Japan/Australia are all seeing the same thing.

We are dying...Everyone else in the world has been booming. What did Optimus Prime say....."I rise....you fall"..

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join