It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prince Philip - too many people on the planet

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
BBC news , im including here, this makes sense georgia stones, 400m people

This was reported in bbc trying to link

www.bbc.co.uk...

in the middle

""He said he believed the growing human population was the biggest challenge to conservation and "voluntary family limitation" was the only way to tackle it."""

So the King of Kong (ie lead mason, dont believe it but read it) thinks humans are bad in too many numbers so they a challenge, so kill our new borns or castrate the men.... he evil and etc etc

pps comment is made within that bbc post read it all please, middle ish

edit on 10-6-2011 by Gooseygander because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
He 100% correct, too many humans are bad for conservation, the environment, and our ability to feed ourselves. We can continue to do nothing at all about it and let nature correct the imbalance or we can be pro-active and limit the future number of humans through family planning.

Of course we all know how this will go; nothing at all will be done, any attempt to instill family planning will be attacked by religious fundamentalists and when thousands, even millions, start dropping like flies from the ecological disasters surely to follow we'll call it Armageddon.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
So his own four children exceed the western replacement rate of 2.1....

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
He misspoke, he meant to say, that there are too many royals, bankers, and bilderbergers on the planet, and that they should all just commit suicide to save the planet.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Yes I saw that and was surprised so few picked up on it. Its all very well calling for population control, but coming from a man with such a large family I find it a little rich. I'm sure he is not advocating the control of the size of his family, just poor people.
edit on 10-6-2011 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

“If I were reincarnated, I would wish to be returned to Earth as a killer virus to lower human population levels.” Prince Phllip, nice guy.

thinkexist.com...
edit on 10-6-2011 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Gooseygander

Too many lazy people. If everybody (myself included) would grow and raise their own food, we'd possibly be ok!

(I realize FAR easier said than done. I'm a dreamer.)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Being Irish I don't have much time for the royal family but on this occasion i have to say he's right, smaller families could only help our fragile planet and failing economies

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
It is ironic how people with multiple children are always the ones crowing overpopulation.

Here's a pro tip:

If you are worried about overpopulation do the world a favor and de-populate yourself.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

500,000,000 !!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/21980a2aca6d.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Danforth

He might be right about people having smaller families, as I said he should look at his own family first before advocating others control theirs. However these people think the planet is overpopulated by billions, thats a lot of people to get rid of no?

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Overpopulation is just eugenics with a pr spin. There is more than enough food, water and resources to go around if TPTB stopped grabbing and keeping it all locked away. This Prince Philip is a nasty piece of elitist scum and is a notorious racist who deems anyone below royalty and financial elite to be expendable and a virus upon the earth.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Danforth

Irish too here but can you seriously see more kids being born around you today than there were one, two or three generations ago? Back in my grandparents day families with 8,9 and 10 kids was quite common. Who can afford that anymore. Said it already but Overpopulation = Eugenicist BS packaged nicely for the Al Gore generation.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Start makin babies quick
We'll have a better chance
everybody

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
One thing you have to do with Prince Phillip is take everything he says with a pinch of salt, He has a very dry sense of humour and is renowned in the UK for coming out with comments that are a little out there lol, He is very old school and tends to just say what comes in to his head without thinking. I would not read to much in to his perky claims.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by asala

Is this more dry sense of humour?

I just wonder what it would be like to be reincarnated in an animal whose species had been so reduced in numbers than it was in danger of extinction. What would be its feelings toward the human species whose population explosion had denied it somewhere to exist... I must confess that I am tempted to ask for reincarnation as a particularly deadly virus.

- Foreword to Fleur Cowles, If I Were an Animal (William Morrow, publisher, 1987, ISBN 9780688061500)

A deadly frickin virus!!! To cull us all
edit on 10-6-2011 by Wolfetone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by asala

The problem is his quirky views on population control are quite common amongst the elite. It always has been with these people.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
And I can't help but think that when these people speak of reducing population and family size they are speaking about the poorer peoples of this planet.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Have you ever had the misfortune to see Jeremy Kyle?
there's a perfect reason for population control.
Not sure about the virus thing though, maybe a bit too extreme

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Gooseygander

philip is an asshole and its not the first time hes said there to many people

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
His sentiment is correct but too simplistic.

As standard of living increases and life expectancy increases birth rate falls. Its not so much over-breeding that's the issue. The problem is if all the people in the developing word strive for and achieve western levels of lifestyle. That is what is not sustainable.

The west will have to give up some of the profligacy and the up and coming will have to settle for never having been at our peak of wastefulness. How likely does that sound? Not very. Instead we'll all try to have it all, the west out of habit and because self sacrifice is a vote loser and the new superpowers out of a 'its our turn' sense of entitlement. Thus will the resource wars of the coming century occur.

Actually, if you look at the UK in terms of over-breeding we are not replacing ourselves with new blood fast enough. Look at the UK demographic trends for the next 20-30-50-100 years and be afraid. A nation of old crocks and a small embittered over-burdened pool of the young.

Really there should be a 'Breed for Britain' campaign. :-)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join