It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should reiki be free?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
This topic has been a struggle within the reiki community.

I know that everyone has come to reiki in a different way, via different paths, via different teachers.

Some quick questions.With my answers.

1)were you charged?
2)how much per each level?
3)do you charge now?
4)how much do you charge per session?
5)if you teach reiki what are your rates?
6)if you think an even exchange must be given please tell us why?
7)do you value secret societies and their teachings?
8)your personal belief on the matter?why charge or not?anything else you feel adds to the discussion.

my answers.

1)no
2)free
3)no-i have accepted a gift once of $60. I told them the distance session was free, but they insisted and mailed me a check. i have been given gifts. I always explain it is free. i want nothing, to give is my gift. If people insist i accept only in terms of not insulting them or their feelings.
4)free
5)i haven't started yet, but it will be free.
6)no need for exchange
7)I do not value secret societies, or their teachings. I believe in universal knowledge, so we may all benefit.

I do not believe people should charge for any type of reiki. People do what they must to survive, and follow their life path. i hold no judgment. personally i feel i can not progress spiritually by perpetuating the collecting of money for something that everyone has the ability to do. I am an artist and make my living that way.

I am a christian in the looses sense, believing Jesus existed, and may have done some awesome things.that being said.
Did Jesus charge people money to heal them? he healed the blind and the lepers without question to status/money? jesus flipped the money changers tables in the temples?did he not? What about martin luther, chastising the church for taking the peoples money to buy their salvation? Did buddha turn people away because they had no money? He rejected the life of a prince to become enlightened and share his knowledge with all who seek it. Jesus too, like so many others.The buddha was a beggar until he died. the person you turn away due to no money may be the next christ or buddha?

It is my personal belief that the future evolution of the human species is in terms of a moneyless society. All will be provided as it has always been before man corrupted himself with the drive for money and property. look at all the evil that is created due to those.

by not charging i do my part to evolve spiritually, and allow others to tap their own abilities to evolve. I tell them to pay it forward. we can eliminate, greed, war, ego and selfishness.
It is my mission to help all of those that ask me and that i am physically able.

Blessings.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I Agree, As A healer and budding death walker (psychopomp) i was always taught by my mentors that we were given a gift and to share that gift is just that, sharing a gift, so you shouldnt charge for it .
I have never charged anyone for being a conduit between the source and themselves.
In fact ive often bought crystal's and oils to give to people to aid them in recovery, thus leaving me out of pocket..
After all what better gift then well being and peace.
so no i wouldnt charge to heal or show someone the way home..

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I have only done the first stage and it cost $150. The way I see it if you have the gift to heal the world don't charge for it. I want to finish my healing and start teaching and healing others. I will not charge for a gift that God gave me.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
It's such a fine line whether to charge a fee or not. I'm not talking specifially about Reiki, although I have seen wildly differing fees being charged in that field.

I struggled with the whole idea for many years in my own work, thinking I could not charge for what the universe provided to me for free. Yet many people said you have to value what you do, your clients have to value what you do.. some even said that clients perceive value based on the fee charged, which of course a lot of people do.

I remembered that in ancient times we did not charge a fee, yet we travelled to work with people who put us up for the night next to their fireplace, who fed us and gave us clothing if our's were worn, etc. Essentially they paid what they could in honour so that we could continue to provide services for free.

When I went out to work more with my talents I went against my own desire and began to charge a very small fee for each session no matter what work we did. Then I got my own shop to work from, and had to charge higher fees to keep the doors open, but people flocked to it anyway.

If I was unhappy with how the session went I could choose to charge nothing or at least a reduced fee.

As the professional practitioner you have the choice with each client to charge a fee or not. If a poor person comes to you for help you can afford to charge them nothing. When a well-off person comes to you for help you can afford to charge them a fee.

How much you charge is up to you each time. Remember that in this day and age Your Time is considered valuable.. moreso than your energy and effort.

You also need to decide if is this work your main work in life, and if so you must support yourself somehow. In which case you will need to charge a fee whether you like it or not. Sadly.

What peeves me with other people in the areas we work in is what I call Upmarketing, when you see practitioners move to richer areas in order to charge higher fees so they can live the Lifestyle associated with new-age success these days... they have forgotten what being in service to humanity is all about because they are only being in service to themselves.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
As a friend once told me. It is extremely idealistic to not charge, but in this horrible system of currency, sometimes you have to. You shouldn't be selfless givers. It can be extremely draining in many ways in the long run of things.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by jgarcya

That post was wonderful. S + F

I 100% agree with you. Unfortunately it seems as though your in the minority, most choose to mix those evil notes in with spirtual activities, thus creating the "spiritual supermarket" we all know today, a place full of self-serving people who only help because they receive material gain for it, its essentially black majic and is destroying the planet (energetically speaking).

Most people have what they think is a good excuse for charging money, I'm sure we've all heard them, but even the notes themselves can have malevolent attachments to them and imo should be kept far away from anything spiritual. People fear they wont be able to eat, but I say let go of that fear, the universe will look after you if your heart is in the right place, they may end up receiving more in gifts than they ever did from charging, and they may even find that the greatest gift you can receive is the chance to give and receive nothing in return.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by jgarcya

wow...2 days 5 post. Thank you for the few that took the time and gave there insight, it will help others who struggle with this.

i knew this topic is a controversial issue, but where are all the energy practitioners now? I asked a few honest open ended questions and can barely get a response. Those that do charge- can't even give anonymous quotes of their prices/fee/exchanges. Or a simple rationale of their reasoning?

this give energy workers a bad name. it makes people believe we are greedy, just look at the few people on this site who want reiki but are unable to continue do to funding. Where is the compassion? Why the secrecy? Don't you want the curious people who see this thread be able to make informed decisions on what they should pay/not pay, for energy services? You know currently there is no average price chart or stats on energy healing (that i'm aware of). I could go to hightimes and find out how much weed is per ounce in any state, but be damned if i get some prices of energy work here at ATS.

ATS light workers- you have the chance to show the ATS people the true, compassionate, caring, giving, helping and honest people that we are, yet can't even have an open discussion on fees and whether or not to charge.

Why don't more people come to energy workers? IMO its because they feel separated from the light worker. 1)by money 2)by not having the ability 3)uncertainty of the ability.

I beg of all energy workers here to try to unite, lets teach people that they are NO different. they have the ability to heal themselves. encourage them to discover this ability within themselves. break down the barriers. let's get to evolving, and healing this F'd up human situation we find our world in.

Please let's continue this discussion so others may learn. we are the new pioneers of a recently rediscovered ability.

To all people interested in learning more about their own ability to heal themselves. feel free to ask me. i send free energy and will teach you free.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I think all such (potentially) valuable healing techniques should be free and spread abundantly. There is an imbalance in who knows of the various ways that healing works, be it too few doctors, lightworkers, eastern therapists, nurses... etc. When it comes to suporting the Most important aspect of life itself, which is health, there should be no scarcity or shortage of methods/tools available.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
im not a reiki practitioner, but i've been known to draw tarot readings and quirology(palm reading)
and i feel its somewhat like reiki, since there is always an energetic transference.

and from my personal experience and contact with some reiki practitioners, ive reached the conclusion that whenever a financial or sort of debtual exchange is made for the reading or healing, the residual energy that the reader or the healer absorbs is usually much more negative and harder to wipe out so to speak.

when in turn readings and healing are made free of charge, on a selfless action, the energies put unto the process and those the reader absorbs from the querent are always much more lighter on the head and easier to dissipate.

thats why i charge nothing but a smile, a human gesture of apreciation, for whenever i help others through one of my gifts.

and thats also how i usually can tell apart the true ones with gifts than those who are just charlatans, people who really possess and understand the gifts they were given usually make a living on their own, they dont need to put a price on their gifts and live off them.

if anything i accept a meal from the person in question if the person really insists on some type of retribution.

i feel its much better for my own self and my insight when i dont charge or expect nothing from exercing it, a true selfless action, and as with all selfless actions, we get the payment or furfillement immediatly via karmic balance.
whereas if i opt to use my gifts expecting a trade, whatever i may get does not repay the headaches and residual energy im left to chew up.
edit on 8/6/11 by AnotherYOU because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
1)i was charged the first time, then not the next few times then went back to being charged
2)it was $30 for a normal session, for specific healings it was up to like 150, my first grid was going to cost me over $300 (i should point out that was also to include crystal healing sessions which as far as i know they are two separate types of healing)

7)i do not value the secret societies them selves but im sure there is knowledge they have that would be of use to the world, if they would only share it with everyone
8)my opinion is that all healing should be free, doctor visits, hospitals, medication, crystal healings reiki heals e.t.c they should all be free, every person has the right to live healthy, but it seems that right is measured by dollar signs, i understand that because it costs money to get crystals and make the medications and what not that to be used they must be paid for but its not right that a wealthy cancer patient be offered a new drug over a middle class cancer patient simply because they dont fit the wealth bracket, i do not think that is fair, but i believe if there is to be a charge is should only be bare minimum, i would not charge if i conducted healings, but my healer was proven to have other motives and underlying issues and was not doing it for the right reasons, so i kinda lost trust in the whole process, theres alot of pretend healers out that that include the really bad actors and the really good ones, the hard part is distinguishing between the really good actors and the really good healers i think.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I received my Reiki training for free, both levels 1 and 2. In the area where I live, the closest Reiki master was an hour away and was charging 275.00 for Reiki 1 for a 3 day training class. Not as expensive as some I have seen , but still, I would have paid for two nights at a hotel and for meals as well which I just could not afford. Thankfully I found some lovely ladies who are willing to train for free.

It should be free and shared with everyone who needs it. I do, however, understand that some practitioners are so busy with Reiki that they have to do something to pay the bills. I'm a little wishy washy on this subject I guess, but at this time in my learning (been doing it for a year) I couldn't imagine charging anyone for it.

I'm unsure of what secret societies are associated with Reiki so can't answer that one.

I didn't copy and paste or quote your initial set of questions so now I can't remember what they were, lol. Love this topic.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Interesting thread. Jgarcya, you sound like a very giving individual. Not everyone shares your views in the so-called "spiritual community".

Spiritual law states that any spiritual gifts should be given freely (either teaching or helping others) and with no monetary exchange involved. This includes lectures or speeches given where spiritual material is taught, psychic readings, psychic healings of any kind (including prayer for others), or any other so-called psychic or spiritual abilities that one possesses (e.g. psychometry, clairaudience, dowsing, etc..) would also be included.

Of course, if any physical material, whether a recording (in the case of a psychic reading) or written material is given (e.g. a book), then a moderate price may be charged for said material. But to charge $10 - $20 for a .50¢ cassette tape or $50 for a 20 page pamphlet is absolutely over charging. If you paid .50¢ for a blank cassette tape, then you should charge .50¢ for the recording of the psychic reading, anything else is stealing from the Creator who allowed you to have the gift to help others.

Often one can determine, to a degree, the 'true' level of a individuals spiritual advancement by the price they charge for their books for example. A truly spiritual teacher would never overcharge for their books. I know of one author who charged only $12.95 for a nearly 600 pg book chock full of very helpful spiritual material. Many of her other works were equally moderately priced. So beware of the money changers in the temple. We all know what Christ did to them.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I find this interesting. I'd love to learn reiki. Wonder if I can find a good place that wouldn't charge. I don't think something like this should have a price tag attached, at all. In either teaching it or healing someone I think it should be free.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by jgarcya
I do not believe people should charge for any type of reiki

Of course they should not charge, as "reiki" does nothing at all, except make some wallets lighter!

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Is it just me or have there been sudden surge of "reiki" "masters" on ATS since that episode of modern family with it aired....

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheDebunkMachine
Is it just me or have there been sudden surge of "reiki" "masters" on ATS since that episode of modern family with it aired....

It seems that way, but as anyone can call themselves a "reiki master", no training needed it is not surprising!

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I'm not a healer or formally trained spiritually in any way. A recent experience has inspired me to head down that path however. The way I see it is the Buddhists that discovered Reiki received alms so that they could devote their time to practising their skills. Likewise the more time you have to practice your skills, instead of holding down a job to feed yourself, the better it is for everybody. Improving your exposure and access to people isn't free. Also there are professional reiki associations now that should stop just anyone calling themselves reiki master. Like doctors, if you don't see the appropriate pieces of paper hanging on the wall you shouldn't go there. These associations probably have an annual fee of some kind. I don't see a problem with charging a fee on a case by case basis or asking for a donation perhaps. As long as the reason for healing doesn't become money it shouldn't be an issue.

I just found out that Hawayo Takata, the lady that brought reiki to the west, advocated charging for treatments and charged $10000 for master level training. A bit steep :/

The only possible reason that I could see for secret societies is if the knowledge they keep is dangerous in the hands of those trying to learn it on their own.
edit on 11-6-2011 by AusiAnarchist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by jgarcya

Given that reiki is the utterly ineffective waving of hands at people for demonstrably no benefit, I think that "free" is a little bit much. If somebody wants to wave their hands in my face and hum to themselves in order to make themselves think they have magic powers, I want THEM to pay ME.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Homoousia316

I think you have a misinformed idea of what you believe reiki is. it wouldn't work on you even if i paid you. a closed mind is the hardest thing to open. may love and light fill your heart and may you be open to new ideas and things.

blessing

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by jgarcya
what you believe reiki is. it wouldn't work on you even if i paid you.

It doesnt work on anyone, it is as effective as anyone waving their hands over you!

<<   2 >>

join