It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Starting in June, all cars to be made with BLACK BOXES in them...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
www.examiner.com...

Yup... I cant wait to see how the mainstream will spin this, or have sheeple going "NO, they aren't going to track you with this! Stop being so paranoid."

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by EmVeeFF

Not looking forward to this at all.

Soon insurance companies will be looking at these to determine if they should pay for accidents also.

Mind you tracking devices are already in lots of cars and many of us don't even realize it.
Such as tires:

Tire pressure monitoring systems have been required on new cars beginning 2008 due to the defective Firestone tire debacle that occurred in 2000.
The tire pressure monitoring systems are based on battery-powered radio frequency identification (RFID) tags affixed to each tire. An electronic control system within the car wirelessly queries each tire and they respond with their air pressure readings.

Scenarios such as the capture of tire sensor IDs by roadside tracking devices could be used to prove that a driver (or at least their automobile) visited potentially sensitive locales - medical facilities, bars, meetings, etc.

Link to source
edit on 6/3/2011 by AnteBellum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
The longer I live in this country, the longer I hate it. Im sure other places are worse but you can understand. I knew we were never a free country, everything taught about liberty and justice for all in schools is a lie. Its a shame that most people will think nothing of this. Our privacy was thrown out the window when they were able to see us from satellites in space. Its a sad sad world we live in.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
There are more than enough cars out there already.

If you want a new one that you don't need then I have no sympathy for anything these black boxes bring.

I'm going the other way personally. A 1986 Austin Mini 1000 which I will keep running until the day I die.

The only black box is the indicator relay
It will not be tracked and I also won't need it towed to a repair garage to have it plugged into a computer to have a technician tell me what's wrong and that'll be $$$ please.

Suckers!
edit on 3/6/2011 by nerbot because: stuff

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
My solution:

Ain't nothing in these vehicles that I don't know about. Never did understand the new car thing.

74 chevy
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/16f858fd2129.jpg[/atsimg]
72 cuda
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/77d69022202f.jpg[/atsimg]
68 mustang
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d6f8ad80b4c3.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 3-6-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Currently you can just unplug them but i bet with the new law thats made illegal. And how long before the cops will want to download the informatioon right from their car. Later on it will be illegal to have a car without it thanks to insurance companies. I'm glad I've set myself up so everythings a tax deduction and I get nearly all my money back

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
its not about tracking you, its about getting more money from you..
when they want to track you,they just check the tracking device in your pocket.. your cell phone..

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by mikellmikell

The article talks about how that has been admitted to already being done by law enforcement with private GPS companies.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by EmVeeFF

Now all they have to do is tie license plates to VIN numbers and/or get readers in patrol units and all high speed chases will be a thing of the past!

There are some great advantages to our modern technology, but there is so much room for great abuses!!

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Geesh talk about an invasion of privacy! good lord,l what dicatators. ide unsrew them and leave them on the railroad tracks* weight of the train shold give those monitering this box, a good headscratch n heart attack
lol oh no! looks like he was hit by something 50 tons! lol
new cars suck anyway. they all got our tax money in bailouts and now, invasion of privacy on the dirver. sounds to me, regarding the seatblet monitering, they will know if yuo dont have one on, tell the local police like a snot nose snitch, so you will be pulled over and fined* sounds like it. whats thier to moniter about mileage? even they know american cars are not near as efficient as japanese cars, adn they know as long as we use hydrocarbon fuels, gasoline, diesel, the mileage wont go past a certain point, usualy 32 MPG. all they had to do, was allow an electric car, water or whatever..soalr ect.
its invasion of privacy* sounds olike theyde LOVE to question and tax you too all because thier were a bunch of stop signs, heavy traffic with ligths..and being questioned over it..

new topics

top topics

join