It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indiana: High School Senior faces 8 years in prison for harmless prank

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

Originally posted by gabby2011
That being said , the amount of attacks on schools in your country,has lead to this militant type of watch over schools.
edit on 3-6-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

Really? "School attacks" are not a statistically significant concern. Not by a long shot.

If anything it's the over-funded military-industrial complex paired with a paranoid idiot mass glued to their televisions that has led to this gross over-reaction bullcrap.

It isnt the phantom school attack. It's paranoid freaks who shrink away from their own shadows.

hmmm...let me ask you this..if a bomb was in the packet,and it would have blown up , because they failed to call the proper authorities about the very suspicious tape evidence..what then?

would you be calling them idiots for NOT acting on that suspicious behavior?

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011

would you be calling them idiots for NOT acting on that suspicious behavior?

Absolutely not since I would have done the same thing.

The chances of it actually being anything dangerous are astronomical. Even in some bomb plagued country like Afganistan.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I would say he should have to pay a fine and do some community service no jail time it was just a prank

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I'm lucky I'm not in jail then. I forgot my toolbox under the seat of a bus a couple of years ago. Suspecting a bomb, they shut down the bus and called in the bomb squad. On the plus side, at least nobody stole it, and I got my toolbox back. But I can't help but wonder if I had done that in the USA instead of Canada, would I have been charged?

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
You reap what you sow. This was really an idiotic prank and obviously anyone in a hoodie with a package under his arm and then leaving it is going to look suspicious. I bet that's exactly how the person who did the prank wanted it to look. It didn't backfire. It was treated as a suspicious act which is exactly what it looked like.
Any normal person wouldn't leave an unmarked package in this day an age.

Now he has to pay. Simple. Next time someone thinks of doing the same thing, they may think twice.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by PS3Geek

If you think this kid should go to jail you are dumb i'm sorry. How are we gonna put a 18 year old blow up doll prankster in jail for 8 years when our government killed thousands of people on 9/11 and George Bush gets to be praised at every hill billy astros game?

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
he's not going to do the 8, he'll be out in a few, but that is still a tough burden to carry for a prank.

heck, things that went on at my school in the 80's would get you 25 to life I guess in this environment

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
These "Prosecutor's" will dismiss the case as soon as this kid gets a decent lawyer. It's the jackass that called in the bomb squad who should be responsible. What is the world coming to? The kid is an idiot, though. Why the hell would he put a blowup doll in the girl's locker room and not inflate it?

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

i read the article but i may have missed it but if he was caught on security cameras im assuming he was caught on them OUTSIDE the girls locker room....or did they just tell us the school has cameras where teenage girls change and get naked,,,if thats the case and i hope im wrong thats the real crime here

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
1. The kids an idiot. But that isn't against the law here, hell infact it could get you elected.
2. He disguised himself, again not against the law or every kid in amerika would be arrested every Halloween.
3. He went into the girls bathroom, although frowned upon I wouldn't say he broke any laws here either, more of an unwritten rule.
4. He left a box with a blow up doll in it, not very imaginative and certainly not dangerous. So again no law broken.
5. Someone puts all this together and screams "TERRORIST!" and calls the law, now there is a penalty for making false 911 calls but under these circumstances I can see where they will let it slide. He will probably be hailed as a hero now that he has saved the school from an invasion of inflatable snuggle buddies.
6. The poor kid is probably so terrrified right now that he doesn't have a clean pair of underware to his name.
7. I would say that time served and the embarrassment of dirty underware will stick with him for longer than 8 years, he will never do that again.
Problem solved...

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Did he make a bomb threat? if not, its a bs case. People act wierd all the time. I fake fight with friends, they gonna charge me with assault? stupid tards.. I think the school should realise they are stupid for jumping to conclusions and assuming there was a bomb.. infact its their assumptions thats made an ass of them and him.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by prof7

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
So you are going to sit here and PRETEND that his intention was not to trick everyone into thinking there was a bomb in the school?

Exactly.

His intention was that the girls would find the blow up doll the next morning. Otherwise he would not have gone through the trouble of getting a blow up doll from somewhere for this purpose, he would have used something that looks like a bomb and ticks like a mechanical alarm clock. Not a f*cking blow up doll! The intention [harmless prank] is obvious!

If you think it is ok to be put into jail for walking around being dressed in a certain way (btw. young people are all dressed like gangsters nowadays) then you deserve what is going to happen to your country and to your freedom.

Did he break the door locks? Did he break into the school? Did he call out a bomb threat? Did he break any law? No? -> then: not guilty!

Sure everyone that finds a plain wrapped package in a school bathroom is going to unwrap it to see whats inside. The kid was dressed like the Unabomber he had every intention to make people think it was a bomb. does he deserve 8 years no because it was just a stupid prank but he should have to repay the money and a good swift kick to his ass wouldn't hurt either.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I say the most he deserves is a 6 months Refresher coarse at the" CIA Academy "so the next time he does it he gets away with it......

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
seriously wtf is wrong with half you people who condone putting non violent offenders in prison over something as dumb as this...you're probably the same people who want to lock up people for smoking a little green...thanks for wasting our taxes on this type of crap...you're one of the reasons we're turning into an orwellian society where there is a law against everything including picking your nose in public places...

I can see making the kid do some public services to make up for his actions...but anything other than that just makes our society look like even more of a joke than it already is...I mean COME ON

can you really condone ruining a young man's life with jail time over something so silly?
edit on 3-6-2011 by here4awhile because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
This entire incident demonstrates the populace lives in fear. I hope he meets some that know the law of the land to get out of that mess.

prank rating 10/10

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Immortalgemini527
reply to post by starviego

I hope he gets the death penalty, it could of been a stampede, students could have started to commit suicide ,and he caused the USA 8,000 dollars that we don’t have, so now he's in with the 80trillion we already have in debt, people could of gotten shot, and the number one thing that people don’t look at, he might have been attempting to see a time frame on the bomb units timing of getting on the scene.
To me ,he is in some type of timothy McVeigh training course or something ,that’s what it looks like.. he should at least get life, nothing less.
edit on 3-6-2011 by Immortalgemini527 because: (no reason given)

Now I'm really convinced that you are an absolute IDJIT!

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

So you are going to sit here and PRETEND that his intention was not to trick everyone into thinking there was a bomb in the school?

Sure everyone that finds a plain wrapped package in a school bathroom is going to unwrap it to see whats inside. The kid was dressed like the Unabomber he had every intention to make people think it was a bomb. does he deserve 8 years no because it was just a stupid prank but he should have to repay the money and a good swift kick to his ass wouldn't hurt either.

There's a guy the plays pro poker called the Unabomber, who often wears a hoodie and dark glasses...shouldn't he be outlawed for using such a 'scarey' persona? Man he could blow everyone up during a game of cards! Hopefully security give him a thorough pat down before he takes his seat

Each time everyone overreacts, you allow the creeping police state to become a reality. Enjoy your freedoms while you still can.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaceJockey1

Originally posted by Immortalgemini527
reply to post by starviego

I hope he gets the death penalty, it could of been a stampede, students could have started to commit suicide ,and he caused the USA 8,000 dollars that we don’t have, so now he's in with the 80trillion we already have in debt, people could of gotten shot, and the number one thing that people don’t look at, he might have been attempting to see a time frame on the bomb units timing of getting on the scene.
To me ,he is in some type of timothy McVeigh training course or something ,that’s what it looks like.. he should at least get life, nothing less.
edit on 3-6-2011 by Immortalgemini527 because: (no reason given)

Now I'm really convinced that you are an absolute IDJIT!

I missed that post.

'Timothy Mc Veigh training course or something'

Hahahaha keep watching 24, Statutes and Order and 60 minutes.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   

he pretended to plant a bomb in his school?

Did he pretend it was a bomb? No he didn't.

No but in the messed up world we live in today EVERY box is looked at as if it is a bomb. There was a cardboard box found in the road in my town a few weeks back. The police stopped traffic and was talking about calling the bomb squad. The nearest bomb squad around here is over 200 miles away. One people in the crowd got pissed off about the whole thing and walked around the police tape and checked the box themselves. They yelled at him to stop but it was too late. The box was empty. The poilice was mad at him but let him go with nothing more than calling him a fool. Point being people see bombs everwhere now.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Cusp
I'm lucky I'm not in jail then. I forgot my toolbox under the seat of a bus a couple of years ago. Suspecting a bomb, they shut down the bus and called in the bomb squad. On the plus side, at least nobody stole it, and I got my toolbox back. But I can't help but wonder if I had done that in the USA instead of Canada, would I have been charged?

The bomb squad would have blown up your tool box and the bus to render them "safe". And if they some how found out it was you that left it there even by mistake then you would have got billed by the bomb squad and be made to pay for the bus they blow up at the very least. That is all a guess but that sounds about right.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join