It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indiana: High School Senior faces 8 years in prison for harmless prank

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by PS3Geek

Dudes got a pic of Obama AND belives in wrongful imprisonment for a victimless crime, you sir must be in politics
please dont take it the wrong way. I just couldnt help myself.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Well yeah, if you conceal your identity while sneaking a package into a school with latex gloves, people are gonna be alarmed. That's more than a prank, that's like faking a bombing attempt.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by trollz

No its not, the media drilled that into your head.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by 4Starlight2Decay0
reply to post by PS3Geek

Dudes got a pic of Obama AND belives in wrongful imprisonment for a victimless crime, you sir must be in politics
please dont take it the wrong way. I just couldnt help myself.

"Blatant cough" STRAW MAN!........cough
2nd
3rd
Your face

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by trollz
Well yeah, if you conceal your identity while sneaking a package into a school with latex gloves, people are gonna be alarmed. That's more than a prank, that's like faking a bombing attempt.

Its like this its like that. Its "like" faking a bomb run. Its also "like" a regular HS prank gone wrong......hmmm

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
For those of you who think this kid is innocent - I got a question. Really, I'm just curious about something.

If this was a - ohhh, let's say a 'olive skinned man with a long black beard' who snuck into a school and left a box in the ladies room? THEN what would be your reactions?

OPEN IT. thats the reason its so fking stupid. they have the thought to call in the fking bomb squad but not one teace even tried to peek in the box which is the proof that they already assume there rlly is a terrorist behind every desk. look in the stupid bag, find the blowup doll and put the idiot on probation like they usually do anyway. you shouldnt have to pay for someone else constantly wanting to play up the fear just like this

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by mthgs602

Last year, something similar happened at the neighborhood high school: a neighbor thought a group of about 20 kids were burglars at the school and about 4 different police units were called to the scene....

Hellooooo!!!! it's that time of year, and I wonder how many of the people in charge (in the school and in the police departments) participated in some senior pranks in their day.

Seems like the adults involved have less common sense than the kids.

It's like "Minority Report" in real life, when people assume the kid knew people would think it was a bomb threat.

It has taken less than 9 years since the movie came out for it to come to this.

Minority Report

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
back in 1967 my cousin borrowed his dads wrecker ..stold an old wooden outhouse and chained it to the high schools front door..never cought him..last week three seniors super glued all the locks at the same school..were cought on camera...the school figured 20,000 in damages to the high security locks..these kids were arrested lost theit deplomas and scholorships..and are now in jail..times change

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
just looking around and thinking to start

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by sezsue

First off, fantastic movie. One of my favorites to the point of religion (ha ha).

But yes i do agree. Police officers of all people (just with the mentality) were more than likely to be the guys in school that were crafting the "Ultimate prank".

This all really just goes to show you how well American society has been chiseled (i think thats how it's spelled) into a paranoid, fear loving (no not just mongering), desperatism for its people to get into trouble.

Some people call it politics, i see it as show business.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by PS3Geek

Originally posted by MrWendal

Originally posted by PS3Geek
Seriously what did he expect ? I wouldn't say he deserves 8 years in prison but perhaps a year or so might teach him a lesson .

A year in Prison for not hurting anyone and because others overreacted and were left looking foolish? With people like you running around, it is no wonder why this country has so many non violent offenders sitting in Prison and over burdening the system.

If anything it should be a year or some hefty fines or perhaps some community service but if convicted he's facing 8 which in my opinion is a bit much but come on you gotta be a moron to pull a prank like this and expect to get away with it especially after 9/11 come on ..

Lol did he even brake any laws? Besides going into the womans restroom (if their is even a law). Its a VERY VERY VERY small prank. Compared to my school. The school has golf carts and a police ATV, at the end of the year they ended up on the roof. One year some one filled one spot of the court yard up with cow #. Another year some one brought cows to the second floor of the building cause they can go upstairs but not down. This is VERY VERY small.

Its not his fault they called cops. That would be like if a shut a door and 5min latter you run into that door and you sued me cause i closed the door.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Amen to that! I've never seen such a bunch of coddled, spoiled brat chickens**ts as we have in this country.
Time to man up everyone.
As for the original post, I saw this on our local news last night, and felt bad for the kid. He was soft-spoken and articulate and didn't seem the type to want to scare anyone. I know how it is in this day and age, but I think they are being extreme with this kid. He is scared to be in jail with murderers, child predators, etc. I think he has learned his lesson and hope he doesn't get convicted of the felony charges and do hard time. Nothing good will come of that.
Nana

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

Our wonderful legal system seems to have forgotten there is this pesky thing called intent…

In Criminal Law the concept of criminal intent has been called mens rea, which refers to a criminal or wrongful purpose. If a person innocently causes harm, then she or he lacks mens rea and, under this concept, should not be criminally prosecuted.

Thank you for a breath of fresh air and reason!

This was a SENIOR PRANK.

Good grief guys, think of some of the really great pranks of yesteryear.

The cow left in the upstairs girls room. (Cows go up stairs but not down stairs)

The wooden replica of a police car complete with dummy in cop uniform and donut box on the water tower.

The shop teacher's car dis-assembled and re-assembled in the high school gym.

The blow-up doll and the tape recorder hooked to the door that started screaming when you opened the door.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
for pitys sake people - take of your magic glasses of 20/20 hindsite

the evidence was thus :

an unknown person - taking steps to conceal his identyity [ hood ] , and taking steps to deny forensice evidence to investigators [ latex goves ] , places a package of unknown composition in a school building .

now answer honestly - what would you do

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

maybe... say i just got pranked?

Come on isn't it obviously an over-reaction?

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustBreathe11
reply to post by PS3Geek

Read my signature dude. This country is full of people like you who make life so much harder for people like in the OP. Because of people who think like you, the government is slowly taking all of our rights away.

Plus remember a 100 years ago when you were a high school senior
trying to impress the ladies? You did some stupid stuff too I bet.

I'm sure many of us did...we got away with so much back in the day..and everyone thought it was cool to do it...even some of the teachers. We still enjoy a certain amount of that freedom here in Canada. So sad, that your country has become so militant, throwing innocent pranksters in jail, and letting the real criminals,continue to live a fine life ,leading the people in their positions of power ,and wealth.

That being said , the amount of attacks on schools in your country,has lead to this militant type of watch over schools.
edit on 3-6-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by harryhaller
What a bunch of whining sheeple are posting here.

What if, post 911, he made them think ...i like that one.

Poster above me thinks he should get the DEATH PENALTY ... wtf?

These people would be scared by their own shadow, and they're in charge?

You guys are SO screwed.

I can only shake my head in utter disbleif of the guys above you...

amazing....

Why did not the school principle just call the kid up and say .. hey man we saw you sneak in the other night.. was it a bomb? or a silly prank for the girls?

man....

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011
That being said , the amount of attacks on schools in your country,has lead to this militant type of watch over schools.
edit on 3-6-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

Really? "School attacks" are not a statistically significant concern. Not by a long shot.

If anything it's the over-funded military-industrial complex paired with a paranoid idiot mass glued to their televisions that has led to this gross over-reaction bullcrap.

It isnt the phantom school attack. It's paranoid freaks who shrink away from their own shadows.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
It is all BS. He didn't cost anyone any money. All these folks were already on the clock. So they had to do some actual work for a change? Since it was the end of the year he probably didn't even disturb any learning either. Another victimless crime.

All that said, if he did intend for people to think this was a bomb then he was in the wrong and deserves some punishment. Perhaps a year or two of probabtion?

If he was simply trying to prank the girls with a blow up doll, then no punsihment should be forthcoming except detention or demerits.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by starviego

He was, and is, retarded. It doesn't matter if nobody got hurt. You don't dress up like a columbine shooter and leave a box in the girl's bathroom. Like the other guy said, 8 years is a bit much, but definably jail time is needed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join