It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sacred White Buffalo born in North Texas

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on May, 31 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Sacred White Buffalo born in North Texas

www.myfoxdfw.com

GREENVILLE, Texas - A white buffalo, an animal rich in the lore of Native Americans and sacred to many tribes, was recently born in Texas.

Arby Little Soldier said the remarkable animal was born on his ranch near Greenville, about an hour northeast of Dallas, in the middle of a thunderstorm on May 12.

White buffalo are extremely rare. To be considered sacred they must also have certain markings.

Read more on myFOXdfw.com: www.myfoxdfw.com...
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
media.www.rwcactivist.com
www.adishakti.org

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I don't pretend to know everything about this legend. I just thought it was interesting and that there may be some people out there that understand it better than myself and can appreciate the story.

Apparently, the birth of a sacred white buffalo is an important event in Native American lore.

It's exceedingly rare (one site said something like 1 in 10 million) and I guess the birth of a "sacred white buffalo" is an even rarer event since it requires the calf to have certain markings (dark nose & eyes, black tip on the tail, etc).

The snippet I saw on channel four had and interview with the rancher (a Native American named Arby Little Soldier) where he claimed this as the 3rd sacred white buffalo with the 4th apparently to come at the very end of the world. He said the last officially recognized sacred white buffalo was born in 1994.

I also attached an article talking about the legend of the white buffalo and another article with one of the many versions of the legend that I found online.

Thought this could be interesting for some & didn't see it posted yet.

www.myfoxdfw.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
A new age has begun it's a Sioux legend if I am not mistaken here's a video on that: www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   

edit on 31-5-2011 by coldkidc because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Alright, well, listen everybody
To what I got to say
There's hope for tomorrow
If we wake up today

edit on 31-5-2011 by survivalstation because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Wow, just up the road a ways.. never imagined it would be here.. course, I guess the location doesn't matter much.

Thanks for posting.. I missed the local news tonight.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Surely this could be the 4th, or 5th or even 70th white buffalo with black nose eyes and tail but nobody was there to witness it all these years. like we probably had the 4th white buffalo 4000 years ago.

nevertheless those people who own farms live the best natural lives out of us. I wish I was in their shoe raising animals and making my living that way. the best life a human can ask for.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by coldkidc

It is Great when a White Buffalo is born. I have some Native Blood and even so, this is a nice thread to see as I posted www.abovetopsecret.com... ( A Bloody Business ) in this forum a little while ago, dealing with the treatment of cattle in Indonesia. ( Live Cattle from Australia ). It is a very sad and difficult video / story to watch and this thread with the mention of a White Buffalo is almost an angelic response and "sign" for the cattle in the bloody thread....

Thank you so much for posting this... even if you might not have realized how special the post is.. lol

Thanks

Serafine

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by survivalstation

Ted Nugent singing about an animal? It better protect its flank and head from this guy. I met the White Buffalo in Wisconsin in the '90s a couple of times. It was born on a meat farm, and the owner probably felt it was more profitable to keep it alive than to slaughter it for food. Born in the belly of the beast. I haven't checked up on that one, probably not still alive as it was penned up in a not very large area and thus had no room for long-run exercise.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

From what I saw while I was searching apparently Miracle (the last sacred white buffalo) died in 2004.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Got goose bumps reading this post. Don't know why.

Thank you for sharing this

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Serafine

No problem! That's why I ended up posting - even though I probably don't have the full understanding of the significance of this event I know there's others that do and have been looking for this to happen. It's pretty crazy that it's just down the road from me though...I'll probably try to learn more so I can feel properly reverent and visit the ranch to see him.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Is it just me,or does there seem to be an awful lot of predictions and prophecies being thrown around lately?
Never the less,this is a prophecy i knew little about!
Thanx for the info!

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Very interesting!!
Here in NZ a few weeks back, we also had a rare white Kiwi born! first to be born in captivity!!
A thread here bout it www.abovetopsecret.com...

Rare, sacred white animals being born around the world....

hmmmm....

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by coldkidc

Thanks for the info. RIP Miracle. Didn't have that long a life, and the crowds I saw there were pretty big so having a white buffalo in your town is good for the economy too. Thanks again.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I wonder how it tastes. Talking about animals just gets me hungry.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Tastes a lot like beef just a bit better IMO, real rich and juicy and if you get it at the right place no hormones or additives in it. Buffalo Jerky is the best Jerky there is I forget the name of the place I think it's called Black Mountain Ranch has some called Gunpowder that I used to munch on like mad until shipping got high. It can be done wrong though, you have to cook it medium to rare otherwise you lose all it's tenderness. But that's besides the point a white buffalo is significant though go and eat the countless others out there.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
This is a much cooler prophecy then the one we just had with the old dude with huge ears and the voice of James Earl Jones. There should be more animal prophecies, like next time the world sees a mastodon the Cubs will win the world series.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Phantom

I like the animal prophecies too
On the other note though - If the Cubs are waiting on a mastodon then I guess they're REALLY screwed
Thought we might see a Cubby World Series win sometime in the next 100 years...oh well...there's always next century.
edit on 31-5-2011 by coldkidc because: I felt like mixing it up

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   
The animals pictured in this thread is a good omen, trust me on that. Awesome news!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join