It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Men and Child support. What is the answer?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

Does your state have Grandparent rights? If so,you can LEGALLY see you grandchild,with the courts approval.

Grandparent Rights

Really,what you offer is above and beyond,and I commend you for the love you have for your grandchild.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
The child support system, like most things in this country, is completely broken.

If two people have a child, and then are separated for whatever reason, each parent has a 50% responsibility to provide for that child.

There is absolutely no reason to have a set amount of money that a man has to pay a woman for their child. If the child needs medical care, both parents pay an equal amount. If the child needs food, both parents pay an equal amount. If the child needs school clothes and supplies, the parents pay an equal amount.

The way it is right now, many women use children as a revenue generating device. Be it from welfare, or from the father. If you can't support a child in the first place, don't have one. If you can support a child, have one, and then if you break up you each pay half of the cost of raising that child. This is simple stuff, yet like everything the government sticks their fingers in, it falls apart.

Why does a woman need $1,500 a month for a kid? She doesn't. I have a family member right now that is raising her child, WITH her husband, their total take home pay is just about that. That $1500 is supporting two adults and a child. So how can anyone think that a woman deserves $1500 a month for a child? Does it cost 3 grand a month to care for a child? NO.

This kind of stuff needs to stop. And you mention alimony.... jeez don't get me started on that either
A woman has the right be to supported by her ex-husband just because she is used to living the high life and is too lazy to get off her bum and work? What kind of modern nation would have such a backwards thing such as that? If you are currently getting alimony, you are a class "A" loser. Get a life. That's all I'll say.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by one4all

Most products of unwanted pregnancies are already in jail.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by CobraCommander
The only way I would ever pay a set amount for support is if I had no intention of being a part of that child's life, but also didn't feel tricked into being an unwilling father. Short of that, I see no reason why a father can't buy things directly that the child needs.

What?

If you have sex with a woman and she becomes pregnant with your child. YOU are responsible.

No one tricked you into having sex.

If its your child - - you are responsible to support it. Period!

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

No one tricked the woman into having sex either. If she can't afford a kid, she should have used protection herself, or insisted that the man wear protection. If not, then no booty for him. Her choice, her responsibility.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

The only way I would ever pay a set amount for support is if I had no intention of being a part of that child's life, but also didn't feel tricked into being an unwilling father. Short of that, I see no reason why a father can't buy things directly that the child needs.

What?
If you have sex with a woman and she becomes pregnant with your child. YOU are responsible.
No one tricked you into having sex.
If its your child - - you are responsible to support it. Period!

u missed commander's entire point.

It is a shared support.

It takes 2 to lie down there in bed.
Yet, the courts view it differently.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   

reply to post by Annee

No one tricked the woman into having sex either. If she can't afford a kid, she should have used protection herself, or insisted that the man wear protection. If not, then no booty for him. Her choice, her responsibility.

and let's also bring up the point
that a woman can have an abortion
if she decides to. But a man cannot.
Where is the equal rights in that
decision ???

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
u missed commander's entire point.

It is a shared support.

It takes 2 to lie down there in bed.
Yet, the courts view it differently.

NO - I didn't.

Lets just say it is a response to all of his posts.

Most child support payments are a joke.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   

and let's also bring up the point
that a woman can have an abortion
if she decides to. But a man cannot.
Where is the equal rights in that
decision ???

The equal rights is keep your zipper zipped.

When mandatory paternal DNA testing is law - - then we can talk.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   

the real joke here is the laws
concerning child support.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Equal rights can ONLY work,when you EQUALLY agree. Child support doesn't support equal rights. PERIOD. Governments,State Agency's,Women have been fighting for equal rights,but fail to give it when it comes down to children.

Want proof?

80-90% of women get to keep custody of the children.Just because they ARE a WOMAN.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I personally feel that the state governments that establish their own child support mandates and such, do it in a way so they can exploit and oppress.. They also lie to people to intimidate them into signing away their statute of limitations rights in countless cases..

They completely abuse the term "deadbeat dad" in order to brainwash the sheeple into despising them and thus, fully supporting the government to continue what they do unimpeded, and also allowing them to continue gaining more and more financial power over them by legislating new laws every year, giving the gov. more avenues to the money, ie; disability, tax refunds, and many other ways that were not legal just 10 or 15 years ago..

I'm not saying in any way that dads shouldn't have to pay, what I'm saying is the government has milked it and exploited it so far and so much, that it has destroyed lives and families far more than it has ever helped anyone..

What Boondock said hit it right on the head..

P.S. The answer is: move to tennessee!!! /just kidding, but in actuality, a lot of fathers have moved there, because thast state does, or used to shield dads from being financially butchered by other state governments that were pursuing them..

The worst state of all that I heard stories about is California, and how they would find some dad out of state and seize their entire bank account and take ALL the money.

link   

the real joke here is the laws
concerning child support.

NO - - most child support payments are a joke. Most are not enough to cover anything significant.

Your child - - you pay for their support.

link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Yet ironically enough, it is the men who appear better able to actually provide for the children. Yet for some reason the women still wind up with custody even though they can't even take care of themselves.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
If I was in a situation, and had a kid from a unilateral decision of a woman, I am moving somewhere she can't touch my money.

If I was in a situation where I had a kid, and it was mutual decision, the only form of child support I would agree to was buying about half the things a kid needs. No money, if that agreement wasn't good enough, back to answer one.

link   
reply to post by Annee

My child, I take custody. How 'bout that?

link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
80-90% of women get to keep custody of the children.Just because they ARE a WOMAN.

Yeah - - cuz most men don't want the full time responsibility of raising the kids.

I do admire the few that do.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

You might be surprised at how many men were willing and able to be real fathers.

Short of that, why would a woman let herself get knocked up by a guy who didn't want to be a father in the first place? And if the man does want to be a father, you don't have to ORDER him to hand over money.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Yeah - - cuz most men don't want the full time responsibility of raising the kids.
I do admire the few that do.

most men are NOT given the choice.
and the mother fights against it
cuz it is her intention to make
a living out of child support
and not work.

now, who's the dead beat ???

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Well let's see, we've already (my husband and I) spent $14,000 so my son can see her.

Yep, the lawyers say for another $15,000 we could obtain "Grandparents rights"

The system FYI is one big mucking joke.............it moves very slow and is antiquated.

Grandparents rights...............

Thank you for trying to be helpful but we have talked to now five different lawyers.......what a waste, all that money going to lawyers, that money should have gone towards my grand daughter's college fund, but it's now going towards the lawyer's kid's college fund.

You see there's big money in divorce, it's a racket and my stupid ex daughter in law would rather the money go to the lawyers than her own child.

Sorry, don't get me going on this one.

We have researched this to the cows come home and grand parents have no rights unless they can pour a lot of money into a lawyer..............we have already paid enough towards lawyers.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join