It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird Experience at the Hospital.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Thought this was weird but kind of funny and wanted to share this with you all and get some feedback.. Please no negatives. Posting this in the grey area..no proof.. but I do have witnesses .

Making a long story short . I was at the hospital visiting a loved one and the paper towel dispenser (w/electronic motion sensor) would shoot out a towel withOUT anyone being near it. The second day I visited, it did it again, and I asked if it had happened any other time and he said no, that it only did it when I was in the room.

In-law came in later the same day, and we informed him about the dispenser. We got to talking about a lot of weird things. ie he has a light that comes on in his home, etc. Anywhoo within 5 min of our conversation, the paper towel shoots out! All 3 of our mouths fell open as we witnessed this . Couldn't help but laugh. Showed him I wasn't pulling his leg.

The last day I visited, (day before loved one was to be discharged), I was getting ready to leave and was tidying up things, making sure that everything was within reach on the bedside table, (Keep in mind this is at my loved one's eye level-lol) Well, I placed a Sprite can on the table and within a few seconds it moved all by itself and stopped. Our mouths really fell open on that one. A sec later it moved again and stopped...and it did it a 3rd time! I doubled over in laughter at this and thought there had to be a logical explanation...there just HAD to be water on the table to make it scoot like that... looked to check and the table was bone dry and so was the can .. it was actually hot. Anywhooo...we both took turns at hitting the table for several minutes , trying every way in the world to get it to scoot like it did..but it did not budge!! Can you imagine what that would have looked like if a nurse had come in at that precise moment? lolol...

Thought it was weird... I sure wish I could explain.. I kinda think my electrical currents affect things but I don't think that would be the answer for the Sprite can!

Thoughts anyone? The total length of it moving was less than a foot I'd say...
Would love to hear what folks have to say. You would really have had to have been there to appreciate the humor. It was at my loved ones eye level and that look on his face. Priceless....I just joked and said I wasn't travelling home alone.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   
I wonder if maybe there was something on you that was messing with the electronics with the automatic paper towel dispenser. Cell phone maybe?

The fact that it only happens when you are around... Makes me think it is not a ghost or something...

Perhaps something you have on you is interfering and causing it to spit out towels?

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Nothing on me. and was even all the way across the room sitting in a chair that last time. I'd say the sensor was too sensitive or something. That I can explain away but .... that Sprite can was a different story.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   
My Mother and I where sat quietly in our living room both facing the book shelve, when suddenly the 4 books that had fallen over at the edge of one of the book lines ..suddenly stood up one by one ...like an invisible hand was straightening them making the book straight and tidy again ...my mother and I both looked at each other and I said "did you just see that" yes! she did ...

there was no air draft in the room and the book shelf was level ...

I have seen books fall down all on there own on a bookshelf though never until that day seen books stand up all by themselves ...that defies the laws of gravity

Can I ask you was there any kind of air ventilation draft in the hospital room to explain the soda can moving???

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerLou

Hmm, ok then. Just a thought...

Yeah, while I am a believer in ghosts and what not,I am guessing that the censor was too sensitive or something.

But at the same time they said it only happened when you were there... I don't know.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   
How much did the can move? Did it move slow or quick? And was it cold?

I had a can do this to me once, it was edging it's way across the table. But sussed that it had something to do with the cold can/condensation and air trapped underneath.

Edit: Forgot you said it was bone dry and hot lol

edit on 30-5-2011 by skitzspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   

this is kindof unrelated but it is at the same because i just had tthe weirdest thing happen to me (i apologize if this is not where it should be posted im still a newbie. anyways, not a half hour ago, i was cleaning up my kitchen and i walk into the living room and there is a flashlight (the kind you can strap to your head) sitting on my coffee table turned on! now i know that this seems really odd for me to come out and post to everyone but, while i was in the kitchen cleaning i all of a sudden got this like freaked out feeling and the hairs on my arms stood on end for no particular reason at all, this feeling was bad enough to make me drop my mop, put my back to the wall, and run to my bedroom calling for my cats to wake up to i guess rescue me( i always watch my cats when i get these feelings) anyways, ill cut to the weird part, the flashlight that was on the table turned on, i clear as day remember setting it in my garage 3 hours earlier on the workbench with a handful of screws. now i was home alone, cats are sleeping, doors locked, and this friggin flashlight is on the coffe table pointing at my ceiling with no way, none whatsoever, of a chance of getting up and leaving the garage, unlocking the door on the house, and make its way to the coffee table to turn itself on and wait for me to find it!! I dunno i really just thought that it is a little too odd, So i had to tell someone. Again i apologize if posted in wrong place. see-ya!

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Reply to xsheep\

Wow xsheep. what an experience! Thanks for sharing that with us. Wish I had a built in house cleaner , straightener upper lol.

Surely does defy the laws of gravity - agreed!

No, there wasn't a draft or anything about... Nope can't explain it. The can was room temp-had been sitting out a while. I rubbed my hand over the bottom of the can too... no condensation on it OR the table. We tried the obvious.... then went to pounding the table lol. (which I can imagine would have looked silly if one had walked in and seen us).
edit on 30-5-2011 by SeekerLou because: error with quotes

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Thanks for your replies gimme_some_truth... I dunno either

I do have some other electrical things happen with me from time to time, which I shared in my SeekerLou's Strange Experiences thread. I started it out too long with too much in it I guess. Alot to swim in and not too many replied but I have realized this, that addressing one topic at a time would be best.

Wish you could give me some truth! the answers..

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by skitzspiricy
How much did the can move? Did it move slow or quick? And was it cold?

I had a can do this to me once, it was edging it's way across the table. But sussed that it had something to do with the cold can/condensation and air trapped underneath.

Edit: Forgot you said it was bone dry and hot lol

edit on 30-5-2011 by skitzspiricy because: (no reason given)

Hi skitzspiricy.

The can moved a good few inches every time.... with pauses in between which was weird. Up to less than a ft. So maybe 9 inches. Oh and the can was 1/4 - 1/3 full. but w/no condensation at all, which was my first thought. But Boy was I surprised!

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by EDMROB

this is kindof unrelated but it is at the same because i just had tthe weirdest thing happen to me (i apologize if this is not where it should be posted im still a newbie. anyways, not a half hour ago, i was cleaning up my kitchen and i walk into the living room and there is a flashlight (the kind you can strap to your head) sitting on my coffee table turned on! now i know that this seems really odd for me to come out and post to everyone but, while i was in the kitchen cleaning i all of a sudden got this like freaked out feeling and the hairs on my arms stood on end for no particular reason at all, this feeling was bad enough to make me drop my mop, put my back to the wall, and run to my bedroom calling for my cats to wake up to i guess rescue me( i always watch my cats when i get these feelings) anyways, ill cut to the weird part, the flashlight that was on the table turned on, i clear as day remember setting it in my garage 3 hours earlier on the workbench with a handful of screws. now i was home alone, cats are sleeping, doors locked, and this friggin flashlight is on the coffe table pointing at my ceiling with no way, none whatsoever, of a chance of getting up and leaving the garage, unlocking the door on the house, and make its way to the coffee table to turn itself on and wait for me to find it!! I dunno i really just thought that it is a little too odd, So i had to tell someone. Again i apologize if posted in wrong place. see-ya!

Thanks EdMrob for sharing your experience. That sounds like a wild ride for sure. lol I ''feel ya'' when ya mentioned your cats to protect you.. but like they really could ?? LOL I'm the same way though.

Had to change my avatar Thanks for the reminder .. PS Both of mine are outta da box now

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Forgot to mention the name and location of the hospital. The name is The Heritage Medical Center and it is in Shelbyville, TN (Bedford County) .

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Sounds the same as "glassy glassy" ... without the glass.

Not too surprising, hospitals are hotbeds of energy of all kinds, this one wanted to play.

I hope he didn't follow you home though?

peace

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Did you *just* set the can down when it scooted? When I was a kid I use to scoot soda cans and milk jugs by giving them just the right push while they were somewhat full and the sloshing would scoot them surprisingly far. It was like skipping stones, if you put it down juuuust right at the right angle you could get a 1.5 foot scoot from a soda can. I know some people know what I'm talking about, lol, But if you set it down just right it looked like the can shoots away from you under it's own power really far. We did it so much that I accidentally do it with glasses of liquid, people think my drink was moved and I have to explain lol.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Are you sure that maybe subconsiously you didn't move the can or make the paper towel dispense with mental energy? I've had some strange things happen to me within this last month that makes me believe human beings are capable of manipulating physical matter. It's either that or an entity trying to make it's presence known. Maybe it could be a passed loved one or angel watching over the one who was in the hospital.
edit on 30-5-2011 by Teeky because: wording

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by harryhaller
Sounds the same as "glassy glassy" ... without the glass.

Not too surprising, hospitals are hotbeds of energy of all kinds, this one wanted to play.

I hope he didn't follow you home though?

peace

Hi harry. Thanks for the reply. Have never heard of "glassy glassy" and will have to look that one up lol.

Yeah , it seems hospitals are known for this type stuff . I can see how one might think 'it' wants to play.
Sometimes I do wonder though, if it's just me OR if it traveled with ME to the hospital. LOL I don't have a clue.

IF it followed me home, then I must have a team of them living here. I do have to laugh at my experiences though.. Better to laugh than to be scared, imo..

Peace ...
yeah THAT sounds really nice - IF the whole world could have just THAT!

edit on 30-5-2011 by SeekerLou because: fixed typo

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by rogoeiefar
Did you *just* set the can down when it scooted? When I was a kid I use to scoot soda cans and milk jugs by giving them just the right push while they were somewhat full and the sloshing would scoot them surprisingly far. It was like skipping stones, if you put it down juuuust right at the right angle you could get a 1.5 foot scoot from a soda can. I know some people know what I'm talking about, lol, But if you set it down just right it looked like the can shoots away from you under it's own power really far. We did it so much that I accidentally do it with glasses of liquid, people think my drink was moved and I have to explain lol.

He rogoeiefar. It was several seconds up to a minute after I placed the can when it started scooting.

Anything is possible , so great theory there! I did try to duplicate this 'scooting''... by moving the can back, and placing it down again with a bit of sloshing. After that is when we commenced to taking turns banging on the table. We tried every way imaginable to get that can to move again but to no avail...
Sorry I neglected to put that in the OP. My appologies ..

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Teeky
Are you sure that maybe subconsiously you didn't move the can or make the paper towel dispense with mental energy? I've had some strange things happen to me within this last month that makes me believe human beings are capable of manipulating physical matter. It's either that or an entity trying to make it's presence known. Maybe it could be a passed loved one or angel watching over the one who was in the hospital.
edit on 30-5-2011 by Teeky because: wording

Hi Teeky..
You have a point there. I honestly have NO clue.. only suspicions. Anything is possible.
I'm very interested in quantum theory also. I believe it very possible that we can manipulate matter more than we realize?

Agreed tooo, who knows it could have been an angel but I didn't get that feeling. I can't even explain how I felt at the time. I just thought it was funny but at the same time, it was almost empowering or something - if you can relate to what I'm trYing to say. To me this just was not scary ...but if this had happened to some others I know, this would have scared the pants off them, I'd say!

Have heard of stress being a trigger too. The mind /brain are extremely complex - We still have soO much to learn..... so it could have been my subconcious manipulating things.

This wouldn't be my first electronic experience nor do I expect it to be my last. Life is kind of a wild ride to say the least. And we still don't know the reality of all things just yet. Again, we have so much to learn and I want to know the answers NOW lol.
edit on 30-5-2011 by SeekerLou because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   

It's interesting that you say you were not afraid when you saw the can move by itself. This leads me to believe it was mental energy moving the can.
About 2 weeks ago I was sitting on my bed looking at tv. I looked away for a second at the closet which is next to the television and I saw the air "jump". Now when I say "jump" I mean "glitch". It was like a line of darkness about 2 feet long appeared in my room, like a rip in time and space. Like there's something behind what we see physically.
For example when there's a bad reception on an analog television screen, and you have to move the atenna to make the picture stable.
Anyway, I wasn't afraid when I saw this. I actually laughed to myself. I thought it was funny and that my gut instinct was not to be afraid and that none of this is real. I actually had this smirk on my face as if I had discovered a secret that someone has held from me to keep us in the dark about life.
edit on 30-5-2011 by Teeky because: words

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Teeky

It's interesting that you say you were not afraid when you saw the can move by itself. This leads me to believe it was mental energy moving the can.
About 2 weeks ago I was sitting on my bed looking at tv. I looked away for a second at the closet which is next to the television and I saw the air "jump". Now when I say "jump" I mean "glitch". It was like a line of darkness about 2 feet long appeared in my room, like a rip in time and space. Like there's something behind what we see physically.
For example when there's a bad reception on an analog television screen, and you have to move the atenna to make the picture stable.
Anyway, I wasn't afraid when I saw this. I actually laughed to myself. I thought it was funny and that my gut instinct was not to be afraid and that none of this is real. I actually had this smirk on my face as if I had discovered a secret that someone has held from me to keep us in the dark about life.
edit on 30-5-2011 by Teeky because: words

Mental energy is plausible imo. I will explain why in a min. so it won't really be off topic.

Appreciate the sharing of your experience with us. VeRY interesting! Sounds like the Matrix ....Reminds me of an experience I had while at the dentist on the Nitrous Oxide. I always would have this at the dentist so this was pretty wild and only happened but once. See if my experience is kind of like yours?

Not sure if they gave me too much NOxide but boy, I was seeing everything in atom form at that time. Hard to describe but ..it was like it was almost formed. The atoms were apart, swirling about to form the appearance of the dental assistant. Sounds crazy huh?!, but I will NEVER forget that . Too, this was way before I was privy to any quantum theory.. And it is starting to make a bit more sense to me. Man that IS similar to yours!

Thanks again for the replies all.

Yep , the mind is a powerful thing!

We are real... Just not how folk think we are. How we perceive things is all mind boggling..

<<   2 >>

join