It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disturbing television ad

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

Dear badw0lf

Even tea would be better than zero’s and one’s.

Waite till there is no more power what will you do then????????

In 1859 a solar storm killed two telegraph operators and the boffins say that if the same thing happened today it would wipe out your electricity grid.

Not for a day or a week, but for years.

Tea looks good to me.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Its very obvious what the agenda is here, cash is not "popular"

I'd love to know how that's an "agenda". Our monetary system is founded on debt, but what agenda is it to use a magnetic strip rather than money?

What's this big plan?

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   
I have not had a credit card since december 2009, and its the best thing i ever did! All credit cards do is weigh you down with more debt that is impossible to ever pay off.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
The video the OP posted is nothing compared to the IBM commercials.

Tag line:Check out lines,who needs them?

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Ok i wanted to see what other people thought before i explained why i think this commercial is disturbing.

does anyone else notice the robotic nature of the people in this ad its kinda portraying people doing the same things over and over like a factory line then as soon as the guy dis conforms to everyone else he is treated like an outcast, With the whole "human production line" breaking down.

human production line

its dressed up with lots of colours and happy music, take that away and what do u see a bunch of brainless zombies doing things over and over till the guy with a brain does something out of the "norm" then treated like WTF!

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
yes i can see why you think its disturbing things are starting to get more controlled and monitored you will not be able to live outside of society and free thats why i can only watch westerns and stuff like that where things are simple i hate modern life but you need money its a trap.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jonro
reply to post by alfa1

Ok i wanted to see what other people thought before i explained why i think this commercial is disturbing.

does anyone else notice the robotic nature of the people in this ad its kinda portraying people doing the same things over and over like a factory line then as soon as the guy dis conforms to everyone else he is treated like an outcast, With the whole "human production line" breaking down.

human production line

its dressed up with lots of colours and happy music, take that away and what do u see a bunch of brainless zombies doing things over and over till the guy with a brain does something out of the "norm" then treated like WTF!

Yep, this is exactly what I thought when I watched it too, and I knew some people wouldn't understand the implications as well. It uses some great basic advertising methods to 'help you accept' something: make you concerned about looking like a fool, being different from your peers, slowing others down.

It reinforces the message through negative messages rather than positive ones - that's the point. It's at the least unethical advertising in my opinion.The positives of this wasn't brought across, instead the bad implications of what will happen if you go against the herd.

This same technique will be used slowly over time to make people accept new agendas.

I'm surprised there hasn't already been a TSA one for example. I can imagine a long line of people, everyone tutting and moaning, as the camera slowly pans to the head of the line you see that those waiting are being held up because someone refused to allow themselves to be scanned in an unsafe machine, and is now being physically inspected. You see the camera turn around and planes flying off, with an ending line like "wouldn't you rather be on that plane?"

Exactly the same message as in this VISA ad. Haha man that would probably work I should be in advertising, but it's an evil industry constantly playing on peoples' fears.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Maybe its just me, but I think Visa may have shot themselves in the foot with that commercial.

Get a Visa card, become a robot! Er, no thanks, I'd rather stand here and fiddle with my cash, while I cause chaos behind me.

I'd rather fiddle with my cash!

st.
edit on 29-5-2011 by SatoriTheory because: typosaurus

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I don't know why anyone would need an explanation of why that is disturbing.

People and their activities should not be automated like we have to do everything on some conveyor belt of consumerism.

Cash is not a bad thing. In fact, cash is a very, very good thing.

It's almost satanic, IMO.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Taupin Desciple
Cash will never go away, there's too much money in it.

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

I hope you are right!....does anyone think cash may go away? Please give specific details.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
it hink the message here is...who pays cash ..is an idiot..

i love to pay cash and i also find this video disturbing

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Jonro

This commercial ad is YEARS old....and, not particularly disturbing. It is a clever play on the so-called *rat-race* of routine.....to sell a product (the credit/debit card)......

What is your point????

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
i dont see anything scary. or do you mean everyone behaving like robots? all in a line/

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
While I can see how the commercial could be percieved as some sort of subliminal message about conforming I dont really see the evils of using plastic. By plastic I mean a debit or check card not a credit card. Its just the next progression of our monetary system. I see nothing wrong with it. Its more efficent and convienient plus it lessens the chance of getting some sort of bug from contaminated money.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANOMALY502
I have not had a credit card since december 2009, and its the best thing i ever did! All credit cards do is weigh you down with more debt that is impossible to ever pay off.

It sounds like you don't know how to use credit.

I use it (plastic) for all my regular purchases. I don't spend more than I need. That way I have a recourse for all my purchases. Plus they give me 1% back. So I am paying LESS than those who use cash.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

I,know why you asked this.But he just figured we would know.Because everyone was using credit cards then this guy pulls out cash.Like it was poison.Its a shame tho how society has become.Cards,are quicker but they can cost you more.I,am bad on this to I,use to have only cash now I,use a debit card.Because its simple.But there are still places that only take cash.I,got what he was saying,by just seeing the video.The video spoke for its self.It was showing how we have become,the disturbing fact was how people reacted to it.I,like the video it showed how we have become,lazy.lol

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Lighten up folks its a goddam advert! Some of you need to take a chill pill, put your feet up with a nice bottle of red wine and watch a movie.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
We live in a world where we want instant gratification and pay off in the blink of an eye. This commercial is just a take on that. How many of us stream a movie thru netflix instead of running down to the nearest video store? Being stuck behind that person in line that is paying for something with change sends most of our blood pressures thru the roof!! As long as we are demanding and paying for better gadgets and less time shopping, self check-out, etc. its just going to keep on becoming less and less cash, more electronic currency.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
The only disturbing message is that debt is cool and cash is sooooooo lame.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   
another pretty disgusting one

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join