It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disturbing television ad

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   

heres the link if the embed dosent work: www.youtube.com...
sorry if this has already been posted

REMINDER!!

ATS Terms and Conditions of Use

1k.) Video links/embeds: You will not embed or post a link to a video without a reasonable description of its content and why it interests you, is germane to the topics discussed on ATS or the topic of an existing thread should you post it in a reply to an existing thread.

* Link
* Description
* Review/Opinion

edit on May 29th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Could you tell us why you think it is disturbing?

a speech, story, something beside just a video.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Jonro

Dear Jonro,

Hadn't seen that one, don't watch television. Yeah, money is being gotten rid of. Google Wallet. Your phone will be for credit cards; but, the next thing will be where you can use your phone to do credit or bank transactions. It is in fact coming and soon, got to get there one step at a time. It will come to pass that if you ask me for $20, I will shake my phone against yours and it will be in your account. I know someone working on this already.

Once the "currency" is completely electronic, well it will be harder to live off the grid and all transactions can be observed. Anyone with more than a thousand dollars on them will be a suspicious person. Watch, for security sake your phone will only verify with your biometrics and these smart phones can already do much of that, monitor your heart beat, they can even be used to test your blood.

Here is an amusing question, when it comes to pass that all money is electronic and the currencies have all been set to the same measure, will we have a one world currency? Funny that a guy named John spoke about that 2,000 years ago, a truly good guesser.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
with all due respect... I'm surprised anyone would need an explanation to the video in light of what's been happening lately... respectfully...

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jonro
sorry if this has already been posted

Actually the thing you should be sorry for, is that your thread consists entirely of nothing more than "here's a youtube video, go watch it".

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a commercial promoting credit cards... very scary indeed

link   
reply to post by Jonro

The really stinky thing is small businesscan't compeat without taking charge cards but it steels to much profit from their megar income. It is a way for large banks to profit on ever transaction we all make.

link   
reply to post by jam321

Because you are not hip if you do not use visa.
You are an outcast and wasting everyones time.
Ehhh I deal with being the uncool kid.

I chose to cut the big banks out of my life as much as possible a long time ago.
Low and behold, I have cash on me all the time and I don't pay big bank fees either.
Plus you mind your money much better when you have to physically give it up rather than just using a card.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I have *never* liked any of these Visa commercials and also found them disturbing. I refuse to be embarrassed into using a credit card to keep from "slowing business down" by paying cash. If the business doesn't want my cash, then you don't get my purchase.

Disturbing because the commercials are trying to embarrass folks into using plastic. After all, look how the troglodyte using cash causes the well run machine of business to grind to a halt while employees and other customers glare at him for daring to use cash.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Cash will never go away, there's too much money in it.

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I'm glad I don't watch TV, or go to the movies where you now pay lots of money to watch enormous commercials. This reminds me of how deeply disturbing the tyrannical agenda is. The social and psychological engineering is so diabolical that it churns my stomach. It's disgusting that people are mentally turned off enough to be manipulated by this, or to think this is okay in any way, shape or form.

Human society is not meant to work like perfectly functioning gears in a machine. We are novel, random creatures who can walk the line between order and chaos. We will not survive in all order anymore than we do in all chaos. Fall in with the rest and be speedy, you don't have time to slow down or think or do anything but perform your slave duty. Get rid of cash or you will ruin everyone's lives.. The same.. the humiliation.. You leave an outcast because you did not have an account with this corporation you don't need, convincing you that it's convenient to pay a premium charge for letting them handle the invisible numbers inside computer systems that say whether you can eat today or not. Number that can vanish without a trace. Numbers that track you and catalog everything you say and do for your entire life.

The commercial, like they tend to, take an overall authoritarian, belittling tone towards the viewer. You are less, we are more. We run the world, you should cooperate with us if you don't want to be left behind.

This advertisement wreaks of rotting human death.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mountainmeg
I have *never* liked any of these Visa commercials and also found them disturbing. I refuse to be embarrassed into using a credit card to keep from "slowing business down" by paying cash. If the business doesn't want my cash, then you don't get my purchase.

Disturbing because the commercials are trying to embarrass folks into using plastic. After all, look how the troglodyte using cash causes the well run machine of business to grind to a halt while employees and other customers glare at him for daring to use cash.

Bingo!, Mountainmeg. I too found this ad campaign to be insipid and insulting. Any one using common sense and a little thought for people around them already has their little check register out and most of the check written before all the groceries are bagged and in the cart. People who misplace their customer loyalty card that allows them to use a CC are more prone to holding up a line. Same goes for coupon fanatics, but even then I just wait patiently because I think its great they have put forward the effort to be good stewards to their earnings.

Screw Visa and screw CC's, all of them. We just got out from under, and while its is strange adjusting to using cash money (for me) I'm happy knowing I've finally gotten away from a very bad habit that cost us a lot of money in interest.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Dear All

Back in history when we where bright it was gold or even silver.

Then some comedian brought in the bank note. We became stupid there is NOTHING to back it up.

Now for many years we have been gullible enough to except zeros and ones.

Man we are no brighter than a Neanderthal.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I don't know I find cash faster than my debit card were they got to ask fifty questions and if you miss a yes or no and can't find the button people looking at you like an idiot.
It's the people that still write checks that really slow the line down.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by 0001391

Dear 0001391,

I agree with your sentiments. Having said that, I want to point out that people already get cranky at the older person who still writes checks at the grocery store. When I see a older lady writing one, I notice the looks from people under 40 (not all many). I wont even say they are mad at her, they look like they know she is going to slow things down because she isn't with the times. I sometimes see them switch the line they are in.

People who use the newer technologies don't want to be slowed down by others who won't adopt it. Already at stores it is easier to use the card then cash. Paper currency will not be around in ten years, the writing is on the wall and monetary value will be pegged to a combination of material wealth (infrastructure, mineral wealth and a factor taking labor into account), this is already being discussed in the IMF, the World Bank and the various G summits.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by littleweedmen
a commercial promoting credit cards... very scary indeed

I liked it to be honest!

And I don't have a credit card!

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by MAC269
Dear All

Back in history when we where bright it was gold or even silver.

Then some comedian brought in the bank note. We became stupid there is NOTHING to back it up.

Now for many years we have been gullible enough to except zeros and ones.

Man we are no brighter than a Neanderthal.

Could be worse...

You could be using tea !

I'm pretty satisfied that with 0 & 1's I can still buy what I need, which isn't much, so I can't speak for people who need to have fancy things.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
What's even worst are those businesses offering "reward" cards and credit companies offering
"cash back".
It's like throwing some bait on a hook to see who can catch the most gullible fish.
Plastic is for the easily swayed people of the world.
All you are doing is throwing your money away to make some
fat cat richer.
Scams and throwing money into the laps of the elite.
Only to satisfy our growing dependence of wanting more then I can afford.
Get real and deny ignorance.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Jonro

I would agree, this is a very disturbing video.
Its very obvious what the agenda is here, cash is not "popular"

So since the magnetic stripe is the only "fashion choice" now, what lies ahead?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bc2df4c5fb51.jpg[/atsimg]

They can put a magnetic stripe, a chipless rfid on my cold dead body.

S&F from me

edit on 28-5-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
The real danger in this video is how the human connection is portrayed.

At one moment a regular customer gives one of the senior employees "the nod" and that person instantly knows that they want their usual order.

Whereas credit cards do nothing but depersonalize commerce.

I don't find the portrayal of the cash user as disruptive to be nearly as disturbing
as the follow up feeling, that no one who works there "wants to know" this person now.

When there is zero evidence that plastic deepens human relations,
it is subtly implied that our credit scores = our social worth.

The fact that there is cash in the video is obvious missdirection.

The deepening of human relationships between those who use and accept credit cards is the lie that passes by unoticed and unchallenged.

Timestop 0:17 - 0:18
the two seconds this whole comercial is built around.

David Grouchy
edit on 28-5-2011 by davidgrouchy because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join