It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happening NOW: Rand Paul has been holding the Senate floor to keep them from passing the Patriot Act

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheEndisNigh

Originally posted by Pha3drus

"For the past seven hours, Senator Paul has been holding the Senate floor, keeping Reid and his allies from rushing this bill through the Senate without debate or amendments." Please give Senator Paul's office a call at 202-224-4343 to thank him for standing up for the American people and the Constitution! Afterward, please give both of your senators another call through the Capitol Switchboard at 202-224-3121. Ask them to stand with Rand Paul, the Constitution, and the fundamental liberties that made America great by opposing the rushed extension of these three provisions without debate - and unamended.

MORE INFO

Rand Paul's Excellent Speech against the Extension of Patriot Act

FACT : Only 5 Democrats voted against the Patriot Act
Rand Paul is the real deal! Sometimes I wish he were running for president. He does a great job at elucidating his position on controversial issues like this one.

edit on 25-5-2011 by Pha3drus because: grammar

LOL, you guys are soo funny. Why do you think Ron Paul is even allowed to continue to LIVE, to even breathe air. He is a Master Mason. Just look it up. There is video of him throwing up the horns just like all the others. Cmon, yall have to get a clue. If ATS is the bread and butter of our conspiracy theorists, we might as well get on our knees now, and beg for the mark of the beast. You people are so doomed.

There are some lunatics going around trying to discredit the Pauls, one of their main points that they try to argue are that they are connected with satanic rituals, masonic past, and love to throw out the 'devil-horn' hand signs.

I've seen some people going to every Ron Paul youtube video posting the same message, know now that there is a large disinfo campaign against Ron Paul. The establishment is scared of him.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Does Rand do this type of thing often, or is he planning to run for the 2012 election?

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Pha3drus

Rand Paul is NOT Ron Paul.

Sure, he may be standing up in principle on this issue but his position on others is more neo-con than libertarian.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by maria_stardust

Good point.

It's pathetic that it took someone like Obama getting into office to make the house Republicans take notice.

Of those in office that were in office around 9/11, why didn't they take a stand back then?
edit on 25-5-2011 by The Sword because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

Like it or not, they are both still part of the establishment.

After Obama, I would be wary of putting ANY trust into politicians of either party.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
I dont care for Rand Paul or any other politician, they're all frauds and crooks, including Ron Paul

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   

You say "fact, only 5 Democrats voted against the Patriot Act"
Why are you lying about how many Democrats voted against the Patriot Act?!?!?

122 Democrats and 26 Republicans vote “NO” on Patriot Act extensions that protects Americans
edit on 25-5-2011 by bhornbuckle75 because: Added something

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by bhornbuckle75

Good work!

Always nice to catch small details like that.

Maybe the pro-Rand Paul troll can find a new forum to spam.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Finally someone with the guts to take a stand. People should stop everything and support him in this. This is a bold move and I hope he upholds his convictions. I know that I have a great deal of respect for his father and was not too sure about Rand but if he can do this and keep this act from passing he might just have my vote in 2012.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   

I applaud that you included phone numbers for concerned readers to call. I think this is the first time I've seen this (in my short time here) on ATS.

I've often wondered why other OPs do not include names & addresses of representatives.

In the past I've written state & federal reps many times regarding animal rights. Always received a nice reply and follow-through on subsequent bill voting. Call me a fool, but I think some politicians do listen to the people. A nicely worded letter stating your view is more powerful than posting on a multi-forum anonymous website.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by bhornbuckle75

You say "fact, only 5 Democrats voted against the Patriot Act"
Why are you lying about how many Democrats voted against the Patriot Act?!?!?

122 Democrats and 26 Republicans vote “NO” on Patriot Act extensions that protects Americans
edit on 25-5-2011 by bhornbuckle75 because: Added something

Good of you to remind folks and point that out.
You would think this is information people remember or are aware of.
The Patriot Act is a behemoth of civil human and personal rights violations all rolled up in a defensive measure ostensibly to protect us. In the long run it hurts us. Removes the freedoms we had and replaces it with surveillance and rights to survey and gather useless bits of information on us all.

Not worth the paper it was written on.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
reply to post by eLPresidente

Like it or not, they are both still part of the establishment.

After Obama, I would be wary of putting ANY trust into politicians of either party.

Well then who are you thinking might run the country?

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pha3drus
FACT : Only 5 Democrats voted against the Patriot Act

edit on 25-5-2011 by Pha3drus because: grammar

You know who pushed it through in the 1st place though, right?

Just so we keep things honest, here.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   

The March to tyranny will be stopped when men like Rand stand up to be counted.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I just love a filibuster! Use it for what it's worth.
I wish we had this opportunity in my country.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I didn't call my senators yesterday

but what I did do was pick up a yellow pages

and called the 1st few random phone numbers

and expressed my love of fellow human-beings

through heavy breathing

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Oh noooos, drug cartels created by our drug policy will make a profit. Alcohol is more dangerous than Marijuana, that is fact!

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by ENlGMA

Ron Paul has never changed his message, unlike every other politician. You can find videos of his statements all the way back to 1983 and he is saying the same thing he is saying today. He is no crook, he is the last hope. Go away shill.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Pha3drus you are an idiot, republicans are the sole reason the Patriot act ever existed.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
He just wants to change some of it. They both still want it.
www.ronpaul.com...

“Rand has spent the past four hours fighting attempts to ram Patriot Act Re-authorization through and is urging Sen. Reid to keep his agreement and allow amendments. Rand has an amendment to exempt gun records from Patriot Act searches. It seems this amendment is holding up further amendments and votes. We must insist on this amendment and urge fellow 2nd Amendment defenders to call their Senators right away!” — Ron Paul

They both suck. And people put all there hopes into them when people lie and make up stuff trying to act like there doing some thing there not.

Would you like to review Ron Paul's voting record together to see if you're talking out of your behind? I challenge your facts. Do you accept the challenge?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join