It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad says Europe 'stealing Iran's rain'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad says Europe 'stealing Iran's rain'

www.telegraph.co.uk

Moments after the Iranian president made the startling claim at the inauguration of a dam in a central province, it started to rain.

"Western countries have designed plans to cause drought in certain areas of the world, including Iran," Mr Ahmadinejad said in the city of Arak in Markazi province.

"According to reports on climate, whose accuracy has been verified, European countries are using special equipment to force clouds to dump" their water on their continent, he said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 21-5-2011 by TheBorg because: Edited to fix URL

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   
I have wondered from time to time, with some of the things that Ahmedinajad comes out with, whether he isn't lurking somewhere here on ATS, and this latest outburst just adds to those suspicions. In all seriousness, he does seem to pick up on conspiracy theories quite often in things that he says, albeit, conspiracy theories that allow him to lambast the West and promote his own positions (which is to be expected I guess).

On the other hand, he obviously doesn't have that much awareness of what is really going on in the world elsewhere. Europe frequently suffers droughts and wildfires - why don't we use this rain to put them out? If we are using technology to steal Iran's rain - why are we allowing our crops to die this year in the UK because we have had so little rain during the growing season?

Heh, stunner that it started to rain just after he said this
although he's probably thinking that we were listening in on him and did that on purpose LOL.

peace
J

telegraph article

(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 21-5-2011 by skjalddis because: typo

edit on 21-5-2011 by skjalddis because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-5-2011 by skjalddis because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
I'm always suspect of any english translation of this guys speeches and comments from most MSM outlets, US or otherwise.

With that said, if this is true....WOW. Step over Best Korea. Iran's Ahmadlooneyjad is bat# nuts and might be taking Kim's heat.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   
President: West planning drought waves in parts of world like Iran
1483**1424
Islamic Republic News Agency/IRNA NewsCode: 30393201

irna.ir/ENNewsShow.aspx?NID=30393201

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpectreDC
With that said, if this is true....WOW. Step over Best Korea. Iran's Ahmadlooneyjad is bat# nuts and might be taking Kim's heat.

He might not actually believe it.
More likely he's just playing to the prejudices of the local crowd.
Politicians do that.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   
I think what he means to the Iranian population "look, we have to impliment a carbon tax....."

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   
You have to admit.

This guy is creative. Bordering on the edge of crazy?

Remember the Iran UFO/Disk and the fleet of subs and on & on.

Maybe he is beefing up his "after-President" credentials for his resume...

edit on 5/21/2011 by anon72 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

Originally posted by SpectreDC
He might not actually believe it.
More likely he's just playing to the prejudices of the local crowd.
Politicians do that.

I thought that too, but when you take a look where he made the talk it's unlikely. Arak's a very developed city with several universities. I'm assuming the people there aren't stupid. Most Iranians are fairly well educated.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by skjalddis
If we are using technology to steal Iran's rain - why are we allowing our crops to die this year in the UK because we have had so little rain during the growing season?

I imagine, If there was such a scenario, where Europe did have the technology, to alter weather ... I doubt this technology would give them 100% full control to do anything they choose instantly ...

The weather is sooo complex, with sooo many contributary factors ... It would make more sense, that they are able to affect only certain aspects of our weather in indirect ways .. alter our atmosphere, or whatever, and create side-effects that change weather in subtle ways, that could perhaps build over over a small period of time .. as opposed to drag weather from one country to another ...

With regards to UK .. pretty much all of our weather is dictated by the Jet stream ... They would have to have technology to battle with our jet stream ... or at least shift its route, to pick up other weather along its way, without altering the Jet streams end path ;...

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by anon72
You have to admit.

This guy is creative. Bordering on the edge of lunict?

Remember the Iran UFO/Disk and the fleet of subs and on & on.

Maybe he is beefing up his "after-President" credentials for his resume...

Maybe he is planning to do the conference circuit.. Roswell, Glastonbury.. fire out a few books: 'UFOs over Iran', Annunaki Artefacts in Iranian Museums'..
He's certainly building up the right credentials for it.

peace
J

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   
He's also accused the USA of stealing Iran's light for almost 12 hours a day too.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Segenam

If we are using technology to steal Iran's rain - why are we allowing our crops to die this year in the UK because we have had so little rain during the growing season?

I imagine, If there was such a scenario, where Europe did have the technology, to alter weather ... I doubt this technology would give them 100% full control to do anything they choose instantly ...

The weather is sooo complex, with sooo many contributary factors ... It would make more sense, that they are able to affect only certain aspects of our weather in indirect ways .. alter our atmosphere, or whatever, and create side-effects that change weather in subtle ways, that could perhaps build over over a small period of time .. as opposed to drag weather from one country to another ...

With regards to UK .. pretty much all of our weather is dictated by the Jet stream ... They would have to have technology to battle with our jet stream ... or at least shift its route, to pick up other weather along its way, without altering the Jet streams end path ;...

I was just responding to Ahmedinajad's assertions - he states that we are using special equipment to 'dump' Iran's rain on Europe, thereby he is implying that yes, we can move weather from one country to another - Iran's rain to Europe.

TPTB certainly can manipulate the weather, they can cause clouds to drop their rain but no, they couldn't move weather from one country to another at will - they would have to work with the prevailing trends. None of that would stop Iran's president implying that we are all powerful and out to get them in order to stoke up his country's paranoia.

Not sure where Iran's prevailing weather systems come from - any of our weather-knowledgable guys help us out here?

peace
J

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   
I agree that he is probably just saying this because most of his citizens probably hate any Christian country, and they will praise him for lashing out at them, even when the accusations are as crazy as this. I do wonder where he gets his ideas. Who knows though, there could be a shred of truth in what he says. Maybe it isn't happening exactly how he says it, but something similar could be happening right now, and we wouldn't know.

Maybe HAARP figured out how to make it rain on top of their other abilities...If they even are manipulating certain aspects of the weather and disasters such as eqs.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Ahmadinejad is a ridiculous fool, but I know that many of the apologists don't want see that. Anyway, I've got news for you Ahmi, we currently have a severe drought here in Europe. I guess the US is stealing our rain.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   
I love how you clowns just jump onto this "well worded article header".

I also love the sound of it, "stealing Iran's rain", I mean, you'll consider the guy to be a nutter before you even read a single word that came from his mouth.

To the clowns trying to make this into a pissing contest, you are trying to hide :

The next war will be the case of 'water war,' President noted.

and you know it.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

If you've got oil money, and access to the ocean, you don't really need rain. You can desalinate all the water you want from the ocean and use that. Not too economical for countries that are buying oil, but the countries that are selling oil can afford it.

As for what his real beliefs are, to some extent I suspect he's like any politician anywhere, telling people what he thinks they want to hear. Or he could be crazy, who knows?

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

If you've got oil money, and access to the ocean, you don't really need rain.

??? The logistics of transporting water from installations to places of need didn't really cross your mind did it?

You can desalinate all the water you want from the ocean and use that. Not too economical for countries that are buying oil, but the countries that are selling oil can afford it.

Sure, except you didn't take into account the fact that in Iran, oil profits go to a select few people - whom are part of the government - by mandate of foreign interest(UK, US)

edit: and as such, they are not free to pump the oil profits into Iran's economy directly. Were they to do this an invasion or at the very least a hit would become highly anticipated.

As for what his real beliefs are, to some extent I suspect he's like any politician anywhere, telling people what he thinks they want to hear.

Or, he is wrapping what he thinks to be true in a blanket more familiar for his audience.

Or he could be crazy, who knows?

Everybody is crazy to some extent.

edit on 21-5-2011 by Zamini because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   

I have wondered from time to time, with some of the things that Ahmedinajad comes out with, whether he isn't lurking somewhere here on ATS, and this latest outburst just adds to those suspicions. In all seriousness, he does seem to pick up on conspiracy theories quite often in things that he says, albeit, conspiracy theories that allow him to lambast the West and promote his own positions (which is to be expected I guess).

I am starting to get the feeling that there is a "new narrative" taking place, being constructed in contrast to the western mainstream media. For example, consider Max Keiser, who specializes in doom-n-gloom economics. His clips are often posted here, and the gell with the general ATS ambience of gloomery. Most of these clips are from some news service that is called "RT" :

rt.com...

This is a Russian news service but its funny how little play it gets in the west. Even googling for info seems harder than it should. Now, RT is broadcast in several languages, one of which is Persian. There is heavy Iran-based news from that site, it is usually much more gentle with Ahmedinajad than the Western press. Is this some kind of Iran-Russia information bloc taking shape? Too early to say? A lot of the same types of stories seem to swirl around the same drain...make of it what you will, your opinion will depend on where your fundamental loyalties lay.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by FailedProphet

Is this some kind of Iran-Russia information bloc taking shape? Too early to say? A lot of the same types of stories seem to swirl around the same drain...make of it what you will, your opinion will depend on where your fundamental loyalties lay.

Hmm, that is a nice observation but I don't think it's a secret that they have been forming this info-bloc for years now. I mean, it's a given right? Fall of the Soviet did not mean the end of US-Russia rivalries. And I believe you know as well how both the US and the Soviets tried to convince countries to be on their side. Economical incentives, political incentives etc.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zamini
??? The logistics of transporting water from installations to places of need didn't really cross your mind did it?
Why do you say that? I live in a desert in the US and all the water here is provided by infrastructure. Iran has plenty of money to do the same thing.

you didn't take into account the fact that in Iran, oil profits go to a select few people - whom are part of the government - by mandate of foreign interest(UK, US)
So? What's to stop the government from building the infrastructure if they have all the money?

It's governments that go to war so if there were to be a threat of water war as you suggest, given a choice between building infrastructure and going to war, why not build infrastructure?

And Iran can probably sell all the oil they want to to China even if the US and UK don't want to buy it.
news.bbc.co.uk...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join