It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

***** Mathew Twenty Four Thirty Six. *****

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
READ AND HEAD.

32 "Now learn a parable of the fig tree. When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh."

33 "So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors."

34 "Verily I say unto you, this generation shall not pass, till all these things be fullfilled."

35 "Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away."

36 "BUT OF THAT DAY AND HOUR KNOWETH *** NO *** MAN, NO, NOT THE ANGELS OF HEAVEN, BUT MY FATHER ONLY."

37 "But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be."

38 "For as in the days that were before the flood, they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark."

GEORGE NOORY. SHAME ON YOU. ALL YOU HAVE BEEN WANTING TO DO LATELY, IS GIVE PRESS TO THIS EVIL FALSE PROPHET. BECAUSE YOU ARE A NWO MSM SHILL.

THIS PSYOP IS TO MAKE CHRISTIANITY RIDICULABLE MORE THAN EVER. DON'T BUY INTO THE LIE.

edit on 20-5-2011 by simone50m because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I'm most ready for May 21st to pass because I'm SICK of hearing people say "no man knoweth the houreth of the returneth eth eth eth"

The bible is full of crap and interpretations except when people can use a passage literally to make their point. I hope Jesus does come back tomorrow just to throw a wrench in the Christians game.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
If the bible mentions Harold Camping then it must be true

Second line: is it normal for Christians to rewrite God's divine work?

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

Okay, I probably sinned putting Camping's name in there, but I was making a sarcastic point.
I will delete my said sin. Point noted and taken.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Woops! There are a couple of things that must happen first.

" Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him, That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by... letter as from us, a...s that the day of Christ is at hand. Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition."
2 Thessalonians 2:1-3

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by delrio256

I believe the "falling away" means people abandoning Christianity in droves, not the rapture. Also the "man of perdition" is The AntiChrist?

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I too am sick of hearing about this freaking rapture. I'm sick of hearing verses of the Buy-Bull quoted out of context. I'm sick of the whole thing. I honestly wish that the Christian's god would come back and take them all because they are ruining our wonderful planet with their 'prophecies' and rules taken from a book that is nonsense. I wish the buybull had never been invented. I wish Christianity had died in the first century AD. And I wish that they would all just leave us alone! aghhhh!!

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
"I believe the "falling away" means people abandoning Christianity in droves, not the rapture. Also the "man of perdition" is The AntiChrist?"

I agree.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I've never quite got why these bibles have never been updated in terms of language...

Ye, thou I mean what's up with that ? They want to make it sound more old and important that way ?
Seriously,...... maybe an indicator that sometime during the days that they still wrote/spoke that way they decided that the crap is not worth updating... so since than they're just printing these books.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by simone50m
reply to post by filosophia

Okay, I probably sinned putting Camping's name in there, but I was making a sarcastic point.
I will delete my said sin. Point noted and taken.

May God forgive you.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by delrio256

I have a theory, it's just my own little personal idea, so I am TOTALLY NOT INTERESTED in being jumped on by Christian hating athiests.

So here it is. The only way the AntiChrist could sway people in such a massively powerfull way, is if he came as a pleasing 'Venusian' type of First Contact (SUPERIOR of course) landed E.T., saying, "We are your real gods, we are your progenitors/creators/parents."
After all, this 'abduction phenomenon' sexual-relations and hybrids stuff, can easily be found in Genesis.
And then everyone can say, "Wheeee, there really are no sacred commandments to obey, all is relative, just like my liberal college and Hollywood taught me, about moral relativism."

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
How can the rapture work in hell. When Jesus was 40 days and 40 nights in the barren wastes he was temted by Satan who said "follow me and all my kingdom shall be yours" in saying this he gestured with his arm outstretched to indicate the earth. So in reality we on earth are already in hell. How does that compute. I say that if there is no rapture on 21 may ALL religeous prophesies should be forthwith banned from the internet for their fear mongering and downright doom and gloom.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Here's my problem with the Rapture, and with Christianity all together; Jews don't believe in the Rapture. Christ wasn't Christian, he was Jewish. He wasn't trying to create Christianity, he was trying to get Jews to practice the word, not just read it. I know Jews don't buy into the whole Jesus was the son of God deal. That's not my point.
Christians came along and decided to behave in the manner that Christ wanted (This never happened of course, and if it did, it didn't last long). If you're being a "True Christian" you'd have to be a "Perfect Jew". Christianity is suppose to be Judaism perfected. ie> Celebrate the high holy days, go to temple every saturday, stay away from pork (which you never see in the south), ten commanment stuff. No Christians are doing this. They changed the Temple day to Sunday, then stopped going to temple, building churches and cathedrals, even changing the Tanakh to create the bible, mixed in some pagan holidays, and made an Idol out of a Christ, which is a big no no in the Commandments
So we look today: Christians aren't Jews, and Jews still aren't doing what they're suppose to be doing. If the Jews didn't create the Rapture and Christians did, does it count as a real promise from God to his chosen people? And lets just say it does count....
To point out what another fella said earlier; If the Rapture were to happen, no one would know, because only about 0.00001% of people actually qualify, and about that number of people die every day anyway so.... we could've completely missed the Rapture years ago and no one would've known. It could be May 21st and it may go down as prophesied and no one would be the wiser. Christ was sent to clean up his flock (ie God's Chosen People), he wasn't here to spark a branch off religion and turn gentiles into faux Jews). Just sayin'.

edit on 20-5-2011 by Mactire because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by crayzeed
How can the rapture work in hell. When Jesus was 40 days and 40 nights in the barren wastes he was temted by Satan who said "follow me and all my kingdom shall be yours" in saying this he gestured with his arm outstretched to indicate the earth. So in reality we on earth are already in hell. How does that compute. I say that if there is no rapture on 21 may ALL religeous prophesies should be forthwith banned from the internet for their fear mongering and downright doom and gloom.

Satan is loose on the earth right now... and has been. But this is not hell, by any means. There is a huge difference between earth and hell. Hell is a literal lake of fire, where people who chose not to believe in Christ will be sent. They will feel the flames and feel the pain, but will not be "burnt". And not only that, they will be eternally alone, without their earthly friends for "company"... The only company those in hell will have is satan himself and his minions tormenting them forever and ever. Right now, earth is satan's kingdom... but it won't be forever.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by simone50m

You wrote:

["I have a theory, it's just my own little personal idea, so I am TOTALLY NOT INTERESTED in being jumped on by Christian hating athiests."]

Which hopefully means, that this will be the only time you use a public forum in the hope of preaching un-opposed there.

Quote: ["So here it is. The only way the AntiChrist could sway people in such a massively powerfull way, is if he came as a pleasing 'Venusian' type of First Contact (SUPERIOR of course) landed E.T., saying, "We are your real gods, we are your progenitors/creators/parents."]

Whoa there. First we have to establish the validity of the concept 'anti-christ', before it can be used in any contexts of his alleged manifestations. That it if you want any credibility.

The rational/scientific/logic explanations model usually give better answers, even if the idea of ETs is included somewhere out on the fringe. After all ungodly science/logic functions, and IF ETs (or whatever) exist, it'll just be another natural phenomenon.

Quote: ["After all, this 'abduction phenomenon' sexual-relations and hybrids stuff, can easily be found in Genesis."]

Considering how few bible-literalists there are left, and considering that bible-literalism increasingly is taken as a sign of saying: I'm under-educated, gullible and exceeding the capacity of what intellect I have, this isn't much of an argument either.

Quote: [" And then everyone can say, "Wheeee, there really are no sacred commandments to obey, all is relative, just like my liberal college and Hollywood taught me, about moral relativism."]

Is that the standard of your regular theological/religious discussions? I hope, I can bring you out of the misconception, that everyone on ATS identify Hollywood with liberalism and relativism and sprinkle it all with the absense of moral values.

And in the undiluted glee of such a monumental intellectual prestation go wheeing also.

Dude, you have ended up in the wrong place, if you want to push stuff like this.

PS To make my post more digestible to your optimistic expectations, I'm neither an atheist, nor generally a christian hater. I just think, that incompetent, unasked for, blind missioning is dumb. That goes for old-timer commies, nazis and McCarthy'ists also.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by prettygentle

You wrote:

["Satan is loose on the earth right now... and has been."]

And you're quite sure, that this is not one of the many, many fantasies religionists endlessly turn up with?

Quote: ["Hell is a literal lake of fire,"]

Is this firsthand experienced information; spoonfed indoctrination by a pastor; based on any reliable source or still another fantasy?

Quote: ["And not only that, they will be eternally alone,"]

But it will be a consolation, that the alone-ness will exclude christian missionaries from pestering you.

Quote: ["The only company those in hell will have is satan himself and his minions tormenting them forever "]

Compared to the Jahveh of the bible, Satan can't be much worse. And in any case I believe you've gotten your demonology somewhat confused. Why should especially Satan get the job of 'tormenting'. His job-description is to 'tempt'.

Quote: [" Right now, earth is satan's kingdom... but it won't be forever."]

Agreed. As soon as we get rid of the last remnants of the extremist christianities, things will quick be more honky-dory'ish.

edit on 20-5-2011 by bogomil because: spelling

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by bogomil

You wrote:

["Satan is loose on the earth right now... and has been."]

And you're quite sure, that this is not one of the many, many fantasies religionists endlessly turn up with?

Quote: ["Hell is a literal lake of fire,"]

Is this firsthand experienced information; spoonfed indoctrination by a pastor; based on any reliable source or still another fantasy?

Quote: ["And not only that, they will be eternally alone,"]

But it will be a consolation, that the alone-ness will exclude christian missionaries from pestering you.

Quote: ["The only company those in hell will have is satan himself and his minions tormenting them forever "]

Compred to the Jahveh of the bible, Satan can't be much worse. And in any case I believe you've gotten your demonology somewhat confused. Why should especially Satan get the job of 'tormenting'. His job-description is to 'tempt'.

Quote: [" Right now, earth is satan's kingdom... but it won't be forever."]

Agreed. As soon as we get rid of the last remnants of the extremist christianities, things will quick be more honky-dory'ish.

And my question to you is if you're so bothered and put off by Christians, why are you on a forum about religious conspiracies? You could easily ignore everyone who loves their God and live your own life rather than coming on here and picking at those of us who do believe. No one forces you to read these posts.
I mean no disrespect, but I was simply answering a question from someone else who posted.
You are free to believe or not believe whatever you wish. Fussing at and trying to disprove my beliefs and faith when you came here of your own free will doesn't seem like you want to live your life without Christian influences.
I am by no means an extremist but I do love my God and my Saviour Jesus Christ and freely proclaim it. I'm sorry if that offends you. But if you're so offended and irritated by such, maybe you should be in a different non-religious or non-Christian related thread? Just a thought.

edit on 5/20/2011 by prettygentle because: Fixed a spelling error. Oops. My bad.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I have been using the internet since the late 90's I have read countless interpretations, that pinpoint the exact date of the "rapture", or "judgement day" or the "second coming" or whatever, by people who have been "inspired" and know the true interpretation. There is always someone who profits from this type of thing, its nothing short of evil.

Nobody ever gets it right, because the bible is not holy. It is a volume of texts compiled and edited in order to manipulate and control the population and validate all the evils committed throughout the past 2000 years.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Why cant you answer his questions? I would also like to know the answers.

It amazes me how people are constantly preaching the "truth" or whatever they call it, yet they cant even answer reasonable questions about how they came to know that truth. If you are so enlightened or whatever then why aren't you sharing your research and methods?

Faith is ridiculous, especially when that faith is based on what was written in a collection of books written by men and "eyewitnesses" not even alive or around at the supposed time of christ. A book compiled to control and manipulate the masses through fear and ignorance, which is still working to this day.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join