It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atmosphere Above Japan Heated Rapidly Before M9 Earthquake - Geologists

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Is science finally making progress in a way that will make it possible to predict EQ's?

Although the article and study suggest that the conclusions are not yet conclusive and that studies of large Eq's in the future are needed, it seems that there is at least a plausible theory to study further.

What I find intriguing is the reference to 'Rapidly' heating up. This would seem to go against the current theories of HAARP being used as it has been suggested that it would take a slow build up of days in order to trigger.

Thoughts?

Infrared emissions above the epicenter increased dramatically in the days before the devastating earthquake in Japan, say scientists.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5496aa53a886.png[/atsimg]

www.technologyreview.com...

Geologists have long puzzled over anecdotal reports of strange atmospheric phenomena in the days before big earthquakes. But good data to back up these stories has been hard to come by.

In recent years, however, various teams have set up atmospheric monitoring stations in earthquake zones and a number of satellites are capable of sending back data about the state of the upper atmosphere and the ionosphere during an earthquake.

These kinds of observations are consistent with an idea called the Lithosphere-Atmosphere-Ionosphere Coupling mechanism. The thinking is that in the days before an earthquake, the great stresses in a fault as it is about to give cause the releases large amounts of radon.

The radioactivity from this gas ionises the air on a large scale and this has a number of knock on effects. Since water molecules are attracted to ions in the air, ionisation triggers the large scale condensation of water.

arxiv.org...
Atmosphere-Ionosphere Response to the M9 Tohoku Earthquake Revealed by Joined Satellite and Ground Observations. Preliminary results

"Our first results show that on March 8th a rapid increase of emitted infrared radiation was observed from the satellite data and an anomaly developed near the epicenter."

edit on 18-5-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
This one has already been posted mate.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
sorry you missed it by about 30 mins

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Got to be joking....first thing that came to mind was HAAAAARP

second line

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by sprocket2cog
This one has already been posted mate.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
sorry you missed it by about 30 mins

Just woke up, grabbed a coffee and found it in my email. Man you guys are fast! lol

Thanx

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

Cornell Univ. Weighs in:

Interesting paper but Cornell has nothing to do with it.

arXiv is an openly accessible, moderated repository for scholarly papers in specific scientific disciplines. Material submitted to arXiv is expected to be of interest, relevance, and value to those disciplines. Endorsement is a necessary but not sufficient condition to have papers accepted in arXiv; arXiv reserves the right to reject or reclassify any submission.

arxiv.org...

Dimitar Ouzounov is the author of the paper. He submitted it to arXiv.

No authors of 1105.2841 can endorse.
Atmosphere-Ionosphere Response to the M9 Tohoku Earthquake Revealed by Joined Satellite and Ground Observations. Preliminary results
Dimitar Ouzounov: Is registered as an author of this paper.
Not currently an endorser. (why?)

Sergey Pulinets, Alexey Romanov, Alexander Romanov, Konstantin Tsybulya, Dimitri Davidenko, Menas Kafatos and Patrick Taylor are not registered as owners of this paper. (why?)

arxiv.org...

Note: I don't mean to imply that the findings are not valid, just clarifying the source. Dimitar P Ouzounov is with NASA.

edit on 5/18/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   

...... Man you guys are fast!

thats why you love us lol
only joking, its all good mate, just trying to keep all the response in one thread so its easier to follow all the haarping..

sorry had to throw that one in there as well.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Got you on that. My email friend had that typed in probably by mistake so I'll fix it.

Thanks.

edit on 18-5-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by sprocket2cog

...... Man you guys are fast!

thats why you love us lol
only joking, its all good mate, just trying to keep all the response in one thread so its easier to follow all the haarping..

sorry had to throw that one in there as well.

Yeah, I know the HAARPSTERS will like this one but I'm still out on the theory. Waiting to see what comes of it. I did find this study to be more evidence towards it tho.

My head won't take any more conspiracies...I'm full! lol

Joking of course.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   

What I find intriguing is the reference to 'Rapidly' heating up. This would seem to go against the current theories of HAARP being used as it has been suggested that it would take a slow build up of days in order to trigger.

I don't know about the theories but I never even taught HAARP needed days in order to make an earthquake, I would say hours MAX.

I'm still 90% sure this earthquake was done with HAARP

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by User8911

I don't know about the theories but I never even taught HAARP needed days in order to make an earthquake, I would say hours MAX.

I'm still 90% sure this earthquake was done with HAARP

I am searching for the threads for this. From what I recall, There is evidence that HAARP was turned on 'Days' before the quake in Japan and not hours.

As I mentioned, it was 'Suggested'.

A few hours before was never mentioned from any threads I've read tho. Maybe?

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Was about to open a topic on this myself till i saw yours OP. Bump! Bump! Bump!

Especially given that the induction magnetometer has been buzzing at 1.7 for the past few days... just like it was days before the japan quake (and then HAARP site taken offline altogether). With the NLE for a new madrid quake running until tomorrow, there's plenty of concerned minds pondering this topic.

This geomagnetic earthquake stuff is looking less like soft science and more like a frontier with each article i read. Still undecided on the influences- at this point Im wondering if its a combination of sun activity, of which the impact potentiates/magnifies the ability of the HAARP frequencies to heat liquid (oil? water? hmmm) below the crust of the earth. Boiled/combusting liquids then push stressed plate boundaries over the edge and voila... earthquake. This could all have nothing to do with HAARP... but its very suspicious how "specific" the heating of the atmosphere was directly over the epicenter, and how this period of heating was at the same time other have pointed out the HAARP to have been buzzing.

if theres any truth to this theory of man-made earthquakes, i pity those directing these machines. They have been coerced into serving a force that does not belong and wont be here much longer. When the contrast is over and duality fades away, these fools will be left to pick up the pieces, sparks without a fire, leaves without a tree. Free will is one helluva gift.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by chaeone86

Nothing in the paper suggests that the earthquake was caused by geomagnetic activity or HAARP. The paper is about a search for natural precursors to earthquakes. Precursors caused by early seismic activity.

According to the charts, the temperature anomaly was not directly over the epicenter, it was centered about 150 miles north of it. The temperature anomaly originated in the lower atmosphere. HAARP affects the ionosphere, 10's of miles above. The radio frequencies used by HAARP cannot heat liquids above or below the surface of the Earth.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by chaeone86

Nothing in the paper suggests that the earthquake was caused by geomagnetic activity or HAARP. The paper is about a search for natural precursors to earthquakes. Precursors caused by early seismic activity.

According to the charts, the temperature anomaly was not directly over the epicenter, it was centered about 150 miles north of it. The temperature anomaly originated in the lower atmosphere. HAARP affects the ionosphere, 10's of miles above. The radio frequencies used by HAARP cannot heat liquids above or below the surface of the Earth.

Agreed. There is nothing to suggest HAARP activity being the culprit.

But then again, there is nothing to say the opposite. "Hey, this is what happened actually and so it couldn't have been HAARP". So I take it as the geologists not trying to disprove any theories they have heard.

While it does seem to lend credibility to all of the HAARP claims, I purposefully stayed away from the topic as I wanted to see which direction the thread would take.

While I don't believe in coincidences (much) this definitely seems like it could be one. But, still not sold either way.

I find it interesting that the discovery could be a step towards predicting larger quakes and am curious to see what the knowledge will yield with further studies.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

The more closely I look at the data presented the less impressed I am. They seem to ignore similar (though less strong) temperature anomalies in the area. They also seem to ignore an increase in solar proton flux (known to affect TEC) which occurred at the same time as the TEC "precursor".

Hopefully they will publish a peer reviewed version of the paper. I'm starting to think that this is a coincidence of "noise" with the earthquake.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

where are there real time images like this of the atmosphere over america

obviously we should be watching for this to happen around the new madrid as a warning sign

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by jude11

The more closely I look at the data presented the less impressed I am. They seem to ignore similar (though less strong) temperature anomalies in the area. They also seem to ignore an increase in solar proton flux (known to affect TEC) which occurred at the same time as the TEC "precursor".

Hopefully they will publish a peer reviewed version of the paper. I'm starting to think that this is a coincidence of "noise" with the earthquake.

We'll have to wait and see what comes of it as I believe there are going to be a lot of threads with this study at the core.

BTW, without my having to look back, wasn't the increase in solar proton flux levels occurring about 30, maybe 45 days prior? Can't remember the time span.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by indigothefish
reply to post by jude11

where are there real time images like this of the atmosphere over america

obviously we should be watching for this to happen around the new madrid as a warning sign

There were a few on some earlier threads I believe. I'll have a look and see what's available.

Thanks

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Nope

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

thanks

concerning the images of the heated atmosphere over japan
seems to me if it's haarp, this is what it would look like before it happened right?
if it was escaping radon prior to a quake, this is what it would like

i'm no scientist, but it seems whatever the case is it would be beneficial to be watching the skies around the new madrid, especially starting now
edit on 5/18/2011 by indigothefish because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Ok, was looking here earlier but see it needs updating:

www.solarham.com...

<<   2 >>

join