It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The second possible Atlantis in Wisconsin ?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
The best time to dive would be in the winter when the lake is very calm because of the ice cover. The water should be crystal clear then. I'm still waiting for someone to explain who took all the copper in the area and how they got it out and where it went nearly 3000 years ago. Wisconsin and michigans UP have lots of old copper mines from thousands of years ago and tens of thousands of tones of copper gone

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by 43LEO729
Once again cookie, thank you for another wonderful thread on lost civilaziations.
Particulary interesting is that it is on the North American continent. What immediatley
came to mind was me seeing years ago a map of the supposidely lost Lands of MU and Lemuria.The map depicts a small segment of land inundated close to Wisconsin and your Minnesota. Could this area be a segment of those lost lands? It will be an interesting research to see if there is a connection.

Hiya Leo
)

Thank you for the nice comment! I think i might know were your talking about with the segment of land but id love to see the map to make sure im right if its were i think it is im sure it all ties into rock lake ..would be neat if its a connection!~~cookie

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikellmikell
The best time to dive would be in the winter when the lake is very calm because of the ice cover. The water should be crystal clear then. I'm still waiting for someone to explain who took all the copper in the area and how they got it out and where it went nearly 3000 years ago. Wisconsin and michigans UP have lots of old copper mines from thousands of years ago and tens of thousands of tones of copper gone

Where did all this mined copper go? Some people say the vast majority was taken by Phoenicians, Berbers, Minoans, Bronze Age Europeans or Vikings in a huge international copper trade..But there no burial remains, and no identifiable artifacts to support any of these theories.I just dont belive that these foreign miners were so environmentally friendly that they took all their garbage from daily living back with them, along with the copper, and what about their dead, did none of them die there? All i know is the ancient miners heated the copper down to small pieces and transported it for trade ..So the question where the copper went to, cannot be answered know one knows for sure ..I agee diveing would be best in the winter but i wont be going then its way to cold!

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I have friends who ice dive and I've been trying to talk them into it. A small ROV might be the ticket though. Put a fishing shack on the ice and drop it in the hole?? Wish I had more time.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikellmikell
I have friends who ice dive and I've been trying to talk them into it. A small ROV might be the ticket though. Put a fishing shack on the ice and drop it in the hole?? Wish I had more time.

Thats a very good idea with the fishing shack and the rov ..Im surprsed your friends havent been all over the idea of diveing this lake its been almost untouched not alot is known about this ancient site no telling what they could dig up there from the bottom as far as i can see no one has dug the lake..Just murkey pictures have been taken thats about it..

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Found the map that I referenced to in my previous post.
You can see the area on the North American Continent
that I mentioned. Very interesting.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/62dc521e2262.jpeg[/atsimg]

You may wnat to reference this link on further information on Lemuria
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 16-5-2011 by 43LEO729 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Very Interesting Thread.. I found some readigs of this in the burlington website here is the link
I have also included some stuff I already had about Rock lake ..

Enjoy the links they really have alot of interesting reading material Wisconsin is covered with interesting
areas ..

it would take about 4 summmers to cover all of them .. then the 5th summer exploring the Hudson river all the way to the Ocean & Nova Scotia area this is some most Beautiful Country.

My ancestors of the 5th generation backwards in time were from....Bawating - Sault Ste Marie around the Michigan Ontario area it is soooo gorgous up there thats really where I want to live in the summers ..

it's called the BUFO Paranormal and UFO Radio

www.burlingtonnews.net...

I am very familar with the Burlington area if you ever so come down to see rock lake you should stop over to Burlinton as it is paranormal USA lol no really that area out there even by Browns lake has some wierd things like portals well I call them wierd but I know they are not just out of normal is all ..

here is Rock Lake Ihave been there too .. here is a picture of Rock Lake

files.abovetopsecret.com...

Other interesting areas is Wisconsin Dells there are tons of history and legends and just stange stuff ,, MN has its share of strange happings and strange stuff my hometown is in MN just over by D.L.

But accually its the pyrmids in that lake I think they claim there is
Also Wiki has an interesting take on Rock lake il just post the link so people can read

en.wikipedia.org...(Wisconsin)

This just keeps on getting more interestiong as it goes on this is a view from some skin divers found this while trying ot read about the Alantis thing you mentikon.

Science Frontiers
ONLINE..................www.science-frontiers.com...

Rock Lake Research ...www.rocklakeresearch.com...

Well I dont think they have proven Alantis but I do believe it is rather strange as to the pyrmind buildings

Aztalan Wisconsins Hidden treasures
www.mysteriousworld.com...

Now that I feel more like a Tourist Guide. ...lol... JK

No but really ...these links give a interesting twist to Wisconsin as well

edit on 16-5-2011 by NorthStargal52 because: added more references

edit on 16-5-2011 by NorthStargal52 because: spelling

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by 43LEO729
Found the map that I referenced to in my previous post.
You can see the area on the North American Continent
that I mentioned. Very interesting.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/62dc521e2262.jpeg[/atsimg]

You may wnat to reference this link on further information on Lemuria
edit on 16-5-2011 by 43LEO729 because: (no reason given)

Thank you for the map Leo and the link i will read what they have to say,Its been a very busy day on the farm here havent had time to do anything but i will check it all out tomorrow and that was nice of you to put the map up it is interisting..

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by NorthStargal52
Very Interesting Thread.. I found some readigs of this in the burlington website here is the link
I have also included some stuff I already had about Rock lake ..

Enjoy the links they really have alot of interesting reading material Wisconsin is covered with interesting
areas ..

it would take about 4 summmers to cover all of them .. then the 5th summer exploring the Hudson river all the way to the Ocean & Nova Scotia area this is some most Beautiful Country.

My ancestors of the 5th generation backwards in time were from....Bawating - Sault Ste Marie around the Michigan Ontario area it is soooo gorgous up there thats really where I want to live in the summers ..

it's called the BUFO Paranormal and UFO Radio

www.burlingtonnews.net...

I am very familar with the Michigan Ontario if you ever so come down to see rock lake you should stop over to Burlinton as it is paranormal USA lol no really that area out there even by Browns lake has some wierd things like portals well I call them wierd but I know they are not just out of normal is all ..

here is Rock Lake Ihave been there too .. here is a picture of Rock Lake

files.abovetopsecret.com...

Other interesting areas is Wisconsin Dells there are tons of history and legends and just stange stuff ,, MN has its share of strange happings and strange stuff my hometown is in MN just over by D.L.

But accually its the pyrmids in that lake I think they claim there is
Also Wiki has an interesting take on Rock lake il just post the link so people can read

en.wikipedia.org...(Wisconsin)

This just keeps on getting more interestiong as it goes on this is a view from some skin divers found this while trying ot read about the Alantis thing you mentikon.

Science Frontiers
ONLINE..................www.science-frontiers.com...

Rock Lake Research ...www.rocklakeresearch.com...

Well I dont think they have proven Alantis but I do believe it is rather strange as to the pyrmind buildings

Aztalan Wisconsins Hidden treasures
www.mysteriousworld.com...

Now that I feel more like a Tourist Guide. ...lol... JK

No but really ...these links give a interesting twist to Wisconsin as well

edit on 16-5-2011 by NorthStargal52 because: added more references

edit on 16-5-2011 by NorthStargal52 because: spelling

NorthStargal52
Thank you so much for takeing time out to post on this thread..I agree Wisconsin and Minnesota is full of interesting areas and i agree the Michigan Ontario areas are just simply beautiful, I was a small child when we took a trip through there and i still rember it being majestic...I plan on coming out to rock lake this summer if im able and would love to see Burlinton i love anything that has to do with paranormal or UFOs ..I've never been to Wisconsin Dells but ive always wanted to so maybe that can be part of the rock lake trip might as well see that as long im out that way...
And thank you for all the links i read them all very interesting there is so many place right were we live to see that are full of histories and legends

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
from a previous thread on this site:

Originally posted by The Soothsayer
There has been very little said about this, and an even smaller amount of research behind the subject.

What is it?

The submerged pyramids of Rock Lake (Jefferson County) Wisconsin, mere miles from the North American Indian settlement of Aztalan.

Three books have been written on this; two by Frank Joseph (Atlantis in Wisconsin and Lost Pyramids of Rock Lake) and the third by Archie Eschborn (Dragon in the Lake). Likewise, one can find a few websites to these structures.

But what are these structures? Many experts would have you believe that they are natural formations, created by glacial deposites. Afterall, these experts are frequent to say, Indians didn't buil with stone, let alone build things underwater.

But according to the tales and legends of the local Inidan tribes, they didn't build them, but rather a pale skinned race with hair like fire and eyes like ice (sounds alot like Celts, or perhaps the original inhabitants of China).

I've read the books, checked the sites, and have found little to satisfy my needs of discovery... so I have started to do my own research into the Rock Lake Pyramids. My first, and most astonishing, find as something that none of the outside sourcs touched upon, and it took some backing of a fellow collaborator to verify.

Rock Lake, and its central key stuctures, lies at a most unusual location. IF one uses the Great Pyramid of Giza as the Prime Meridian as many ancient cultures did, Rock Lake lies at 90 degrees lat, AND, if one figures the age of the Indian myths (the books go into greater detail), it would place its construction at the time in which the north pole was located within the Hudson bay, giving Rock Lake a long of 72 degrees. Rock Lake is a geographical marker, 1/3 distance around the globe lat, 1/5 distance around the globe long.

These findings were verified by someone whom I contacted and interviewed for ATS a couple years back, author Rand Flem-Ath, proponent of the gloabl crust displacement theory.

Although I will end this post here, please note I will add more later... I have to be leaving for work. Thanks, and any input would be appreciated.

link is here:

a most curious position in relation to the pyramid in giza...

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by teknalchemist
from a previous thread on this site:

Originally posted by The Soothsayer
There has been very little said about this, and an even smaller amount of research behind the subject.

What is it?

The submerged pyramids of Rock Lake (Jefferson County) Wisconsin, mere miles from the North American Indian settlement of Aztalan.

Three books have been written on this; two by Frank Joseph (Atlantis in Wisconsin and Lost Pyramids of Rock Lake) and the third by Archie Eschborn (Dragon in the Lake). Likewise, one can find a few websites to these structures.

But what are these structures? Many experts would have you believe that they are natural formations, created by glacial deposites. Afterall, these experts are frequent to say, Indians didn't buil with stone, let alone build things underwater.

But according to the tales and legends of the local Inidan tribes, they didn't build them, but rather a pale skinned race with hair like fire and eyes like ice (sounds alot like Celts, or perhaps the original inhabitants of China).

I've read the books, checked the sites, and have found little to satisfy my needs of discovery... so I have started to do my own research into the Rock Lake Pyramids. My first, and most astonishing, find as something that none of the outside sourcs touched upon, and it took some backing of a fellow collaborator to verify.

Rock Lake, and its central key stuctures, lies at a most unusual location. IF one uses the Great Pyramid of Giza as the Prime Meridian as many ancient cultures did, Rock Lake lies at 90 degrees lat, AND, if one figures the age of the Indian myths (the books go into greater detail), it would place its construction at the time in which the north pole was located within the Hudson bay, giving Rock Lake a long of 72 degrees. Rock Lake is a geographical marker, 1/3 distance around the globe lat, 1/5 distance around the globe long.

These findings were verified by someone whom I contacted and interviewed for ATS a couple years back, author Rand Flem-Ath, proponent of the gloabl crust displacement theory.

Although I will end this post here, please note I will add more later... I have to be leaving for work. Thanks, and any input would be appreciated.

link is here:

a most curious position in relation to the pyramid in giza...

NorthStargal52 posted most all of what that thread had to say..I dont know what the point was to bring in the other thread..I knew it was already went over once i wanted to bring it up again becuse i plan on going there soon..thanks

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
it really attracts lots of us,if the atlantic really existed,theire civilization may be not worse than ours,and there must be some special reason cause their extinct.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by sugarcookie1
Where did all this mined copper go?

For starters...

...no one has a means to measure any of these variables accurately or with any precision. All of these figures are built on ill-constructed estimates. www.ramtops.co.uk...

Which is to say that current archaeology considers the figures to be somewhat rectally sourced. If there is a pile of North American copper all over the Old World in pre-Colombian contexts, that ought to be detectable in chemical or isotope analysis...and it doesn't seem to be evident. (though I have heard a story, and continue to try and track down the source)

Couple more things...if you take a metal detector to an archaeological site, you may end up with a metal thing, but you have destroyed the context in which it was located, and thereby significantly reduced its value as an indication of anything. It is looting, pure and simple and in this jurisdiction, looting sites is against the law.

Also, there are mounds all through the area, and fascinating as they are, it does the First Nations a disservice by citing Atlantis or lost tribes of Israel...any other wild conjecture as the builders of these features. For the most part, such canards were invented as part of a strategy to disenfranchise the local indigenous population and steal their lands.

Really, if you find such things compelling, you should take some courses or join the local archaeological society. The real thing is a lot more fun.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

Originally posted by sugarcookie1
Where did all this mined copper go?

For starters...

...no one has a means to measure any of these variables accurately or with any precision. All of these figures are built on ill-constructed estimates. www.ramtops.co.uk...

Which is to say that current archaeology considers the figures to be somewhat rectally sourced. If there is a pile of North American copper all over the Old World in pre-Colombian contexts, that ought to be detectable in chemical or isotope analysis...and it doesn't seem to be evident. (though I have heard a story, and continue to try and track down the source)

Couple more things...if you take a metal detector to an archaeological site, you may end up with a metal thing, but you have destroyed the context in which it was located, and thereby significantly reduced its value as an indication of anything. It is looting, pure and simple and in this jurisdiction, looting sites is against the law.

Also, there are mounds all through the area, and fascinating as they are, it does the First Nations a disservice by citing Atlantis or lost tribes of Israel...any other wild conjecture as the builders of these features. For the most part, such canards were invented as part of a strategy to disenfranchise the local indigenous population and steal their lands.

Really, if you find such things compelling, you should take some courses or join the local archaeological society. The real thing is a lot more fun.

Thank you for the link and i just might join the local archaeological society if there is one local..Also i wont be diving this site im just going to be walking the shore line of the lake and i probley wont find a thing and if i do i wont be keeping it i will turn it over to there museum mostly i plan on takeing pics..

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by numberhere
it really attracts lots of us,if the atlantic really existed,theire civilization may be not worse than ours,and there must be some special reason cause their extinct.

I have no idea why they went extinct and at the rate our world is going it might just happen to us..

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
This is easily one of my favorite topics I have read about Atlantis.
I think it could be possible that Atlanteans built this structure whatever it may be, but I think it might just be an Atlantean colony,mainly because these people were supposed to be so advanced in every aspect, it makes sense to think that they had explorers, Who went in search of a new world, and trade routes, just like Columbus. Who knows, there might even be small colonies built by Atlanteans all over the world just waiting to be discovered.

Possible theory: They set up these colonies. Colonies sent money for provisions. Atlantis sunk, so no provisions for colony. Explorers sail back to where Atlantis was and realize its gone, and set off to explore the rest of the world for the rest of their days. Each time they find a new place, they lose a little bit more of the crew each time to settling down with the locals, until the remainder of the Atlantean peoples are interbred with the rest of the world

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by sugarcookie1

Having lived 7 years in WI, it's hard to find intelligent hominids there let alone believe a super advanced race lived there at some point

Ok razzing aside. Nah, it does not sell me.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Haha, who knows, I just think that every other empire in the world has just about made it's mark by exploration and expansion. Why should Atlantis, if it was as advanced as Plato stated, be held to a different standard? I mean maybe they were wanting to conquer the known world and be the worlds largest empire, and their gods smited them for their hubris. I just feel its hard to imagine such and advanced civilization, and not think that they would want to conquer and be a superpower in the old world. Just look at the Romans, Greeks, Macedonians, and Persians.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by xXR34P3RXx
This is easily one of my favorite topics I have read about Atlantis.
I think it could be possible that Atlanteans built this structure whatever it may be, but I think it might just be an Atlantean colony,mainly because these people were supposed to be so advanced in every aspect, it makes sense to think that they had explorers, Who went in search of a new world, and trade routes, just like Columbus. Who knows, there might even be small colonies built by Atlanteans all over the world just waiting to be discovered.

Possible theory: They set up these colonies. Colonies sent money for provisions. Atlantis sunk, so no provisions for colony. Explorers sail back to where Atlantis was and realize its gone, and set off to explore the rest of the world for the rest of their days. Each time they find a new place, they lose a little bit more of the crew each time to settling down with the locals, until the remainder of the Atlantean peoples are interbred with the rest of the world

xXR34P3RXx
It could be possible that Atlanteans built this structure im thinking they probley were a colony but i don't think they stayed at this site im thinking it was just a summer site to dig then they went back to were ever there main home was only because the winters are so brutal in Wisconsin ..
I'm sure the Atlanteans were all over the world and there colonys are just waiting to be discovered..there are just so many theorys on this subject.. But your theory sounds reasonable we can add it to the thousands of others maybe one day we will know all the secrets of Atlantis and maybe even find it wouldn't that be wonderful..thanks for your reply

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Noinden
reply to post by sugarcookie1

Having lived 7 years in WI, it's hard to find intelligent hominids there let alone believe a super advanced race lived there at some point

Ok razzing aside. Nah, it does not sell me.

Noinden
I'm not trying to sell this idea its just a possible theory like many others have on Atlantis.. Hey ive meet a few intelligent hominid cheeseheads in WI
thanks for your reply...

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join