It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Intro - Researching for short film subject

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Hello everyone!

First, I'm glad to be here. I've only recently started researching in these areas, so I'm a complete newbie to all of this.

I've browsed a few of the (many) topics and am pretty overwhelmed by the amount of evidence available in so many areas the average person takes for granted. Some of the theories many scoff at and ridicule, bear weighty evidence that should not be taken so lightly.

A bit of background on why I'm here, specifically, in more than a "read-only" capacity...

During a conversation with a friend regarding the New Madrid fault line, I got the idea that it could possibly make a setting for a story. I've had the idea to do a film along these lines, but one that is more localized and not a full-on disaster or end-of-the-world scenario, which is why I felt the New Madrid situation could work.

Then it hit me that in order for the disaster backdrop to be believable, I'd have to do a bunch of research. I'm hoping to discuss with you guys in an effort to learn more about what such a place would look like. ...what specifics could/would take place... is it believable that the gov't could use such a scenario for systematic execution?... etc.

To top it off (and run the risk of sounding like a teenage filmmaker), I'd like to include automated cleanup/assistance scout "bots" which operate at night using thermal imaging, etc. The story's hero is one man who has refused to leave his home area and makes it his job to avoid these.

OK... I hope that was alright to post in this intro thread. At any rate, the posts I've read so far have been very civil and interesting. Hopefully I can learn more from you guys. Thank you for any help!

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Well, thus is going a bit sci-fi, but if a major quake happened and survivors were "voluntarilly" moved to FEMA camps, and a select few remained on ther homesteads and the "bots" you mentioned went looking for the remaining population not in the camps.
edit on 1-5-2011 by tinker9917 because: spelling

edit on 1-5-2011 by tinker9917 because: spelling

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by tinker9917

Welcome to ATS! I recommend the following showcase doc. It gives an insight into effects of fracking and the igniting water problem north of the border. It might give you further ideas. CBC link
Best of luck with your project.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Tinker: Thank you for the response! That sounds like a feasible scenario. Hopefully the whole "bots" thing isn't overboard. I've also considered people as the "scouts" searching, but did want an interesting spin on it.

I would like to have water involved in the story. I've seen theoretical maps of what a new coastal area may look like as a result. It looks like huge areas of land would be below sea level. Quite frightening, really.

I'm planning on this tale taking place down around the Mississippi or Louisiana area. (There are still post-Katrina areas which can provide a convincing backdrop.)

I might not even mention the New Madrid fault zone in particular, but just allude to the fact that it was an earthquake caused by a fault rupture (hope I'm using the right term there).

The key to all of this really is WHY would the gov't cause this (or help it along. ...btw, can coastal offshore drilling have an impact? I saw mention of this in a YouTube video on the subject.) What would be the reason? I'm not setting out to point fingers and be specific about New World Order, but would like to allude to these things and have some grounds for it. (ie. that it's not too far-fetched to consider)

Well, thanks again for the help! Hopefully you guys don't mind me picking your minds.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by aboutface

aboutface: Thank you for the welcome, and for providing the link!
I'm going to check out the video now.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Well... I could not get the video to play, as I am outside of Canada.

I'll see if I can find the video through an alternate source.

EDIT: Seems like I found it here:
www.youtube.com...
edit on 1-5-2011 by DabnisBrickey because: adding link

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by DabnisBrickey

So sorry. I didn't realize that it would be blocked.
It's like the Daily Show. We get it on Canadian TV, but the website is blocked to people outside the US. Bummer. Glad you were able to find it on YT.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by aboutface

No worries! And thank you again.

I've since checked out a couple more videos and read up a bit on "fracking". The whole deal is pretty alarming.
As always, there are two sides to the thing, with the one side (ie. guys making money) saying it has nothing to do with their process.

Either way, to have flammable drinking water would be disturbing, to say the least.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by DabnisBrickey

I have a thread link for you that might help with your ideas

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Interesting ideas he has, and well worth looking into and considering for pieces of your story. Sounds real interesting! Good luck with it!

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I'm checking it out now. THANK YOU!

top topics

join