It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McDonalds Hires 62,000. Over 1 Million Apply

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
McDonald’s and its franchisees hired 62,000 people in the U.S. after receiving more than one million applications, the Oak Brook, Illinois-based company said today in an e-mailed statement. Previously, it said it planned to hire 50,000

www.zerohedge.com...

Wow, This right here tells you how bad the economy is. We have over one million apply to a minimum wage job!.

Hope and Change everyone, hope and change

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I applied
but didnt get hired

There is nothing left in eastern Va, NOTHING!

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
That is so sad, to realize that many people are desperate for jobs that just aren't available. I foresee things getting even worse before getting better... food and gas prices on such a sharp rise.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I've worked plenty of low wage jobs in my life and have nothing against anybody working at McDonald's, but the fact that one million people applied for employment there speaks volumes about the state of the American economy.

edit on 28-4-2011 by ShadesofGrey78 because: typo

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Yup,

1. Obama tells McD's they are exempt from ObamaCare IF they do a little favor...

2. McD'S hires 62,000.

3. Obama now has bragging rights on how he decreased unemployment.

4. Obama wins election because after all, he's all about the people.

5. McD's lay off 62,000 employees due to inflation, lower sales because of rising food prices etc.

6. McD's Wins, Obama Wins....People...same as always.

Business as usual.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I remember seeing a documentary awhile back that stated the average employee at McD's lasted 3 mths and then moved on (can you blame them?). This is a very sobering statistic on the state of the economy and the employment situation in the US.

I was in Buffalo last year and noted the guy at the drive up window was in his 50's. One of the guys in the car said "that tells you all you need to know about the opportunities around here!"

I am worried about the US and what this type of story says for the future of Western society. At least the folks in India can go home and talk about their call center jobs with the big corporations in the US.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by AOA2012

NOTHING HERE EITHER... eastern NC... where are all those "education, education" people swearing that if we all had better educations?

it is like musical chairs, no matter what people do there are not enough chair when the music stops!!

even if all the people who don't have jobs would agree to $1/hr there still wouldn't be work because the current employed would agree to 99 cents/hr to not be replaced by the unemployed.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Illegal immgrants have taken our jobs,we never fought back. corproations with any chance of a job let alone a future, were outsourced overseas..no one said nothing. now, ehre we see, yuo dont even need college anymore..just to fill the fries n box hamburgers
I wonder what jobs those 62,000 had before, and how many were college graduates?

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss

McDonald’s and its franchisees hired 62,000 people in the U.S. after receiving more than one million applications, the Oak Brook, Illinois-based company said today in an e-mailed statement. Previously, it said it planned to hire 50,000

www.zerohedge.com...

Wow, This right here tells you how bad the economy is. We have over one million apply to a minimum wage job!.

Hope and Change everyone, hope and change

well, yo know that japan got sunamys ans water logged,well they have to make up the difference in lost jobs so to make a profet, right? come on people, THINK.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

Hey, see? He put an extra 12,000 people to work!

Exact change only, please - can't say I expected much different before the election. It's sad that some many others, did - if they would have got active in the primaries and supported Ron Paul for president, in my humble opinion I believe that there's a very good chance we'd be seeing less issues today or at least actually be on our way to recovery.

For the politically-inclined, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't underestimate the importance of getting registered as required in your states to vote in primary elections - encourage others to do the same - and hope we end up with only GOOD CANDIDATES in the general election.

And remember, when you vote for the lesser of two evils, you still get evil. Vote your conscience, and make sure everyone else does the same. You'd be surprised that "someone who can't win" can actually win when all the people that like them actually vote accordingly!

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggy1706

You want to know what's really pathetic about all this?

We had chances, and people laughed at them. Maybe I just haven't done enough research, but the bit I've seen on Ross Perot shows that he knew what was up and was the right choice - ignored. Ron Paul, same deal - ignored.

I believe there's also a spiritual lesson about repentance here - once you become aware of your sin, make it right. Turn away from and DO NOT REPEAT IT. We don't have many chances left, if any - time for people to grow past left v. right, repub v. dem, liberal v. conservative - let's get the right guy in there.

Support Ron Paul for 2012! Get registered republican in your state, then motivate everyone you know to get out and vote in the primaries! We have to get the right candidates through the primaries for the general election, and I can't see anyone more right - again this time - than Ron Paul!

Be well. Sorry, long day.
edit on 4/28/2011 by Praetorius because: The 40 oz. made me do it.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

I like Ron Paul to but so many people are addicted to the hand outs its going to be hard to get them off it and vote for real change!

I only see the Job market getting worse. Im in construction and we are slowing down right now!!!! Sommer and spring time are always our boom times. not this year.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
well this may have been a plan to get obma more votes in 2012 but its a little to little a little to early as people will be thinking about how there foodstamps have been cut and other services about voting time .
and yes the extra 67k jobs mc suddnly needed will have evaperated like water on a hot stove long befor then

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   

I like Ron Paul to but so many people are addicted to the hand outs its going to be hard to get them off it and vote for real change!

I only see the Job market getting worse. Im in construction and we are slowing down right now!!!! Sommer and spring time are always our boom times. not this year.

I feel your pain, friend. Well, not physically, but on a philosophical/spiritual level. And I'm sorry to say, it's going to get worse.

First off, you're absolutely correct about getting people off the federal teat. Unfortunately, if they don't, they will soon find out what it's like when all the milk is either gone or completely watered down - and that will be much much worse than had they moved on to independent solid food.

As far as your job - I can really only say, IN MY PERSONAL OPINION, learn related crafts for other things that people need and you'll start from a good bargaining position as barter will become very useful in the days to come - learn to make furniture, etc. Since the Fed was manipulating interest rates and sending false signals, your industry was based on illusory demand, and the bottom is now falling out as has been for awhile. Had we been dealing with reality and realistic interest rates, investment, etc. - we wouldn't have had a boom in this industry.

I hate having to admit it, but you're better off than I am. I don't have any experience building things. I'm friggin' sharp, but I can't rely on my hands to make me a living unless I can get on-the-job training or some other real-world experience outside what my brain can bounce around - and that ain't even doing me a whole lot of good right now since I have a hard time buying into this world anymore. I know this rock floating through space is a beautiful place, but it's rule by people of the wrong sort and I really can't stand it.

I just want to go home, I'm a pilgrim passing through here. hah! Here's to RP getting elected and beginning the correction - hopefully.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I guess that theory about illegal immigrants being needed to do jobs that Americans won't do has now officially been proven false.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   

this puts it allllllllllll into perspective.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
This shows that the 5 applicants per job opening the government spews is a lie. If it were the truth, only about 310,000 would have applied.

And of course many businesses weed out applicants who have been unemployed for over six months. I guess after six months we're trash.

It amazes me how out of one side of people's mouth they will point to this and declare a lack of jobs while out the other side complain how these people without jobs are "addicted" to food stamps to eat.

top topics

join