It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Royal Wedding Morons

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   
I was led to believe the Queen owns a good portion of land. And people of Britain are "subjects" not citizens..

www.guardian.co.uk...

www.whoownstheworld.com... - Just the name of the site made me chuckle.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by David291
I am finding it quite funny how you stated the american people are not helping isreal but the goverment is well isn't that the same here? The ROYAL FAMILY are holding a celebration, so what if a people show up and watch it? That's just like those in america who support isreal and I'm sure many do.

Because the English people shouldnt be showing up to watch it.... they should be showing up to PROTEST IT! The only 'Americans' that support Israel are wealthy Jews that control the media, hollywood, etc.

Anyway, I do not plan on watching the royal wedding and I know many people that won't either and are just using it as an excuse to get drunk but yes we English are bad, very bad for the ROYAL FAMILY are doing
you are talking like the british caused all your problems, which is quite frankly absurd.

Again I did NOT say the British are causing any problems. They're not helping the problem by sitting there getting drunk, but no they're not causing it either. The Royal Family is bad.... infact, they're not even English. You have a Queen sitting on YOUR throne that isnt even English.... and you act like shes completely innocent while she shuts down whatever the hell she wants. Ive already linked twice now how this family wants to kill billions of people and you think its some cute event which only leads to an excuse to get drunk...

You also mentioned that you do not wish to speak about the actions of your goverment then why the f*** did write this thread? Seriously, you are talkin about the actions of our royal family/goverment in your OP

Not one single American (who isnt apart of the government) is responsible for the actions that our government takes. WE THE PEOPLE FOR THE PEOPLE no longer exists. Do you not see the countless threads on this very website attempting to awake the sheep from their trance as everything we once stood for nosedives into the ground? People simply do NOT care... and yes, its just like you sitting there drinking beer insteading of protesting this wedding.

you're a funny guy, I'll give you that.

I have my moments yes. But I dont think its cure or funny to have this wedding broadcasts on my tv. I find it highly offensive as an American and it pisses me off even more than there are some ignorant Americans out there that actually think its cute.

we have no forgotten and we will never forget. The American goverment isn't as better than ours, they are all the same sh*t so instead of blaming british people, blame the gov. (looks like you have a major problem with the british too
)

For the last time I have no problem with the British people and I do blame the gov. The problem is your gov. is still the crown. Doesnt matter if you accept that or not.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by cassini
To the OP, you are just trolling here. I`m hugely surprised threads like this and others like it are being tolerated by the board mods. Frankly idiotic comments like this would have been shut down on the board years ago, this thread has no merit and is just vitriolic nonsense. Can only imagine the kick you are getting out of this.

Your comments don`t really deserve comment and I`m kind of ashamed that I`m even writing anything. The only reason i`m writing anything is that its pretty much your country, institutions and governmental policies that screwed up the world economy. The good job is for most reasonable people this is a matter of public record and does n`t actually need to be listed out here.

Get back in your cave theres only one moron round here and its you

I cant help you if you refuse to read or even listen to the information Ive put forward. Obviously in your mind this is all fine and dandy and nothing anyone says is going to change that. The fact remains that every American should be offended and outright enraged to see this converage on our tv. It is a blatant slap in the face to our very culture.
edit on 29-4-2011 by AndrewJay because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   
I understand what you mean by why is this one wedding so important that the media thinks that they must share it with everyone....but please don't tar an entire nation with the same brush. Most countries have done something that is considered bad so lets not start pointing fingers at eachother and keep the discussion focused.

I live in the UK and i think this wedding is well over the top in terms of coverage and i will not be watching it either. I have my own life to live and things to do rather than give everything up to watch two people i know nothing about get married.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by AndrewJay

Why shouldn't The BRITISH, not just English, be watching it?
Exactly what harm is it doing?
Why isn't The Queen British?

You throw these claims around yet offer nothing to suppot them.

And what exactly gives you the right to tell anyone what they should or shouldn't do?

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn

Why shouldn't The BRITISH, not just English, be watching it?
Exactly what harm is it doing?
Why isn't The Queen British?

You throw these claims around yet offer nothing to suppot them.

And what exactly gives you the right to tell anyone what they should or shouldn't do?

german.about.com...

The House of Windsor
The Windsor name now used by Queen Elizabeth II and other British royals only dates back to 1917. Before that the British royal family bore the German name Saxe-Coburg-Gotha (Sachsen-Coburg und Gotha in German). Why the drastic name change?

The answer to that question is simple: World War I. Since August 1914 Britain had been at war with Germany. Anything German had a bad connotation, including the German name Saxe-Coburg-Gotha. Not only that, Germany's Kaiser Wilhelm was a cousin of the British king. So on July 17, 1917, to prove his loyalty to England, Queen Victoria's grandson King George V officially declared that "all descendents in the male line of Queen Victoria, who are subjects of these realms, other than female descendents who marry or who have married, shall bear the name Windsor." Thus the king himself, who was a member of the House of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha, changed his own name and that of his wife, Queen Mary, and their children to Windsor. The new English name Windsor was taken from one of the king's castles.)

Queen Elizabeth II confirmed the royal Windsor name in a declaration following her accession in 1952. But in 1960 Queen Elizabeth II and her husband Prince Philip announced yet another name change. Prince Philip of Greece and Denmark, whose mother had been Alice of Battenberg, had already Anglicized his name to Philip Mountbatten when he married Elizabeth in 1947. (Interestingly, all four of Philip's sisters, all now deceased, married Germans.) In her 1960 declaration to the Privy Council, the Queen expressed her wish that her children by Philip (other than those in line for the throne) would henceforth bear the hyphenated name Mountbatten-Windsor. The royal family's name remained Windsor.

Theres your German Queen.

Im not telling anyone to do anything. Im simply stating that I am personally offended to have this sickening family broadcasted on my tv. Its a slap in the face to every American in my country. If you want to bow down and kiss the shoe of your German Royal Family you go ahead and do so.

Six British monarchs, including Queen Victoria and the infamous King George III during the American Revolution, were members of the German House of Hanover:

•George I (ruled 1714-1727)
•George II (ruled 1727-1760)
•George III (ruled 1760-1820)
•George IV (ruled 1820-1830)
•William IV (ruled 1830-1837)
•Victoria (ruled 1837-1901)
Before becoming the first British king of the Hanoverian line in 1714, George I (who spoke more German than English) had been the Duke of Brunswick-Lüneberg (der Herzog von Braunschweig-Lüneberg). The first three royal Georges in the House of Hannover (also known as the House of Brunswick, Hanover Line) were also electors and dukes of Brunswick-Lüneberg. Between 1814 and 1837 the British monarch was also the king of Hanover, then a kingdom in what is now Germany.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   

I don't like to call people names but you're a total idiot. So what if the Queen has German blood, she was born in England, her father was born in England, his father in turn was born in England, I ask you, how does that make them German????

By your logic then that makes you English. Why, because our ancestors founded the land you call home therefore you are a Englishman.

Also are you for real or are you just trolling?
edit on 29-4-2011 by MrHappyman989 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrHappyman989

I don't like to call people names but you're a total idiot. So what if the Queen has German blood, she was born in England, her father was born in England, his father in turn was born in England, I ask you, how does that make them German????

By your logic then that makes you English. Why, because our ancestors founded the land you call home therefore you are a Englishman.

Also are you for real or are you just trolling?
edit on 29-4-2011 by MrHappyman989 because: (no reason given)

The point was that at one time there was a man sitting on the throne that wasnt born in that country and didnt even speak english. Yes, The Queen was born there, the family and bloodline however is still German.

All I was doing was proving a point. I was asked a question so I answered it.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Remember at school when you fancied a girl, you would be mean to her...

It's OK my friend, we can see through your hate. I know you won't reply to this as you are currently watching the wedding.

Enjoy.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   

better than having them lining the streets for a few jobs at mc donalds!!!

why not just let people be, some get into the royalty thing, others don't...no big deal???

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   
What is it about Americans - if something isn't about THEM they do their utmost to jump up and down going "Look at me....Look at meeeeee...........".

This is a British royal wedding. Its got NOTHING to do with your bloody independance (by the way that happened centuries ago - just a heads up), and its got NOTHING to do with America. For once in your bloody lives SIT DOWN AND SHUT UP.

For crying out loud.........

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   
I wonder if the people of Japan feel the same every time they hear about a new American president in their medial, you know, after the Americans dropped the bomb so to speak. Or how about the people of Iraq, Afghanistan, Vietnam and so on, I wonder how they feel every time they are subjected to American consumerism and American ideals or what about the rest of the world when you lot destroyed the global economy.

Really you are talking about something that happened hundreds of years ago, something that the current Royal Family had nothing to do with, come to that something done of us British had anything to do with.

And how dare an American, tell us to go get rid of our Royal Family, that’s like me telling you to go destroy the institution of the presidency and all that goes along with it. We are not being “Royal wedding Morons” we are being patriotic, something I would have assumed an American would have understood, especially one who’s mood is “patriotic”, the only thing moronic hear is your thread.

We have to be subjected to your stupid elections every four years, it goes on for weeks and weeks then on election day we have near 24 hour coverage of watching you lot yet again vote in a war monger. Why cant you just sit back and enjoy what is a beautiful occasion about love, patriotism and community or do you like watching the endless violence, suffering and evil portrayed by the media

edit on 29-4-2011 by kevinunknown because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-4-2011 by kevinunknown because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Yes you have been telling people what to do.

You have been saying that Brits should be protesting and American's shouldn't be watching it.

You have every right to your opinion but stop ramming it down people's throats and why don't you simply turn the tv off and do something else or at least change channels?

And if we apply your reasoning as to why The Royal Family are German and not British then the vast majority of American's aren't American and all the Blacks and Asians and their families who have emigrated to the UK over the last 50 - 60 years aren't British.
That's actually an extremely fascist sort of viewpoint.

Oh, and by the way...Prince Philip, Charlie and Will's Father and Grandfather is Greek and as such the Royal Family is more Greek than German!

I really think this obvious obsession stems from a deep rooted desire to belong.

As I stated previously, if you American's ask nicely I'm sure we, along with our Canadian, Australian, New Zealand brothers, will allow you back into the family fold.
edit on 29/4/11 by Freeborn because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by dsm1664

Remember at school when you fancied a girl, you would be mean to her...

It's OK my friend, we can see through your hate. I know you won't reply to this as you are currently watching the wedding.

Enjoy.

I will reply. Ive stated multiple times in this thread that I have no hate for the British people. I simply wish that you would do something..... like protest, instead of kneeling there kissing their boots. No thats not me telling you what to do, thats me saying that you Brits have the same problems as us yet you walk around calling Americans stupid for not doing anything about it. Now you sit there and get drunk and watch THE ROYALS get wed. Trulely laughable.

I dont care if you want to worship your German Royalty. Leave us out of it. Why must I have no choice but to sit there and watch this crap on American television? It is HIGHLY offensive to me as an American to have this family, the same family that caused so many American deaths, broadcasted on every news channel as if its something good. Its not even the fact that they still literally want to kill billions of people. Thats mainstream news. Prince Charles going on rants telling us that we should have a 1 child policy while the man has like 8 kids. The man explains how we need to not be able to take a hot bath because it hurts the environment while he runs around with his private jets and living in mansions. Its absurd.

Ive put out exactly why I have an issue with this wedding multiple times in this thread. Instead of actually reading what Ive posted or watching the videos that Ive placed in this thread, its automatically I hate the British because how dare I speak ill of the chosen ones.

Please for the love of god before you attack me read what Ive said in this thread.

edit----

Truley magical. Now even the mods are against me. Moving my thread around trying to hide it. This is what the 3rd time its been moved? It got too much attention in the other areas so lets attempt to bury the thread?

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Totally agree with the OP,

I flicked it on the tele there & all I see is a bunch of Reptile's trying to remember the word to songs.

At the reception later I can envisage some commoner stating the words of H.S.T "I was right in the middle of a #ing reptile zoo!, and somebody was giving booze to these goddamn things"

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Every few years the "Republic" debate crops up here down under - someone reminded me the other day what happens when a monarchy becomes a republic - they replace a King/Queen with a President.

And we all know what happens to "Presidents" - they become Dictators.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by AndrewJay

I dont care if you want to worship your German Royalty. Leave us out of it. Why must I have no choice but to sit there and watch this crap on American television? It is HIGHLY offensive to me as an American to have this family, the same family that caused so many American deaths, broadcasted on every news channel as if its something good.

It's highly offensive to everyone else around the world to have every bloody American presidential election broadcast around the world. Why should we have to watch this crap on Australian/British/everywhere else television? It's highly offensive to me, as an Australian, to have this election of people like Bush/Reagan/Clinton/Bush/Obama that caused so many deaths through illegal wars around the world, broadcast on every channel as if it were something good.

See how that works?
edit on 29/4/2011 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   

You haven't explained how you are being 'forced' to watch it.
Turn the tv over and watch something else.
Turn the tv off and do something else.

Or is your life so sad and empty that you have nothing else to do but watch tv and moan?

And an Amerrican lambasting Brit's for not protesting is simply laughable, don't you read the news?

Maybe we just don't think it's worth protesting over because we know it for what it is; pomp and circumstance and completely irrelevant when considering the 'bigger picture'.

And could someone please explain what practical difference to my life would being a 'citizen' rather than a 'subject' make?

TPTB would simply hide behind a Republic instead of a Constitutional Monarchy as they do at present.
edit on 29/4/11 by Freeborn because: various typo's, grammar and spelling

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties

Originally posted by AndrewJay

I dont care if you want to worship your German Royalty. Leave us out of it. Why must I have no choice but to sit there and watch this crap on American television? It is HIGHLY offensive to me as an American to have this family, the same family that caused so many American deaths, broadcasted on every news channel as if its something good.

It's highly offensive to everyone else around the world to have every bloody American presidential election broadcast around the world. Why should we have to watch this crap on Australian/British/everywhere else television? It's highly offensive to me, as an Australian, to have this election of people like Bush/Reagan/Clinton/Bush/Obama that caused so many deaths through illegal wars around the world, broadcast on every channel as if it were something good.

See how that works?
edit on 29/4/2011 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

No I dont see how that works. The president being elected in did not personally start not one, but 2 bloody wars with your country. He did not tax your people into literal slavery. Destroy your capital city by burning it to the ground. He did not inact martial law and have soldiers marching your country beating the piss out of anyone that spoke ill of the king. No sir I dont see how that works.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   

You keep mixing incidents that happened hundreds of years ago in with the leaders of today - as if the Queen went back in time and did all those things herself.

Anyhoo, in my opinion you're just another whinging American jumping up and down screaming "Look at me.....Look at meeeeee......why isn't everyone looking at meeeee?"

Please sit down and shut up and let the British have their royal wedding.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join