It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would it take to appease some of you Birthers? (last birther thread)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I don't know if it's been asked before, but could we make an "Obama Birth Certificate" forum if this isn't the last thread? This looks like it might carry on a while. We'll even ensure he gets notified about it!

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Skerrako

The ONLY thing that will appease birthers, is for this country to have a white, republican, heterosexual, christian, male president.

Harm None
Peace

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

First off do you know who I am or my background? Yet you profess to know more than me, I can see why you are having problems accepting the truth now, you don't like anything that can rock your own reality.

I don't care if Obama is president or not, I am not even American. I just like to find the truth of things, and of course I love a good conspiracy theory, hence my being a member of this site.

Now you can argue all you want that any image can be made into layers, and you would be right, but what is ALSO right is those images have to be loaded into editing software first, the software has to be then used to create those layers.

And why would someone take what is purported to be a scan of Obama's actual birth certificate and load it in to some editing software and break it down into layers? The document is altered, go read the link you was given on page one and read it thoroughly, and if as you say you have a minor in Graphics you will also understand why this document is faked. This is an altered and edited document, it has no validity at all. No court of law would accept it as it is.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhotonEffect

Racism still exists in this country whether you want to see it or not.

I am no racist.

Perhaps that is how you see yourself.

But if a person sees racism everywhere they look. In fact, seems fixated on racism. Maybe it's just your easy way out - intellectually - instead of having to actually think through the many difficult issues facing this country.

Perpetually playing the race card is also a way for some to ignore the failures of a person they have blindly put their faith and trust in. Rather than taking personal responsibility for "betting on the wrong horse", you sound like one of those that would rather blame the track conditions or the trainer. Not unlike those that put their fingers in their ears and yell "la, la, la" to avoid hearing something they don't want to hear.

Or you could just face reality that it really isn't racism that rules the world ...

The new "bumper sticker" going around:

If you voted for Obama in 2008 to prove you're not a racist,

you'll have to vote for someone else in 2012 to prove you're not an idiot.

edit on 4/27/2011 by centurion1211 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Something that doesn't have apparent mistakes on it.... a.k.a. Forgeries!

Just wait a little bit for this thing (Obama's Long B.C.) to be reviewed.

As The Smoking Gun has already report numerous errors on the released Long B.C.

See this thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

I am no racist.

Perhaps that is how you see yourself.

But if a person sees racism everywhere they look. In fact, seems fixated on racism. Maybe it's just your easy way out - intellectually - instead of having to actually think through the many difficult issues facing this country.

Oh Really? Difficult issues like the birth certificate, right? I like how you single me out for taking, as you suggest, the easy and "non-intellectual" way out, but completely fail to realize how much of a nuisance this whole "difficult issue" regarding the birth certificate has become. And how the country has become so "fixated" on this irrelevant issue of where Obama was born. How does solving that great mystery address any of the deeper fiscal and social problems of this country?

It doesn't. So who's facing the issues here?

And no, I'm not fixated on racism. But you can't deny that it is still prevalent in this country.

Perpetually playing the race card is also a way for some to ignore the failures of a person they have blindly put their faith and trust in. Rather than taking personal responsibility for "betting on the wrong horse", you sound like one of those that would rather blame the track conditions or the trainer. Not unlike those that put their fingers in their ears and yell "la, la, la" to avoid hearing something they don't want to hear.

I'm not playing cards of any kind here. I'm fine with Obama and think he's getting blame for a lot of things that were not of his own doing to begin with. It's not an excuse, it's a fact. BUt hey, no one put a gun to the guys head and made him run.

This is the nature of the job, criticism comes with it. Oh well.

But get over it already. Are we trying to impeach the guy based on all of this nonsense about his BC? What's the real motivating force behind this whole birther thing? Let's address the real issues of why you don't want him as your president, instead of taking the cheap and lazy way by claiming he's not a US citizen... Not intellectual enough are we...

And are you really saying that race has absolutely NOTHING to do with this, at all? Please.
edit on 27-4-2011 by PhotonEffect because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by maybereal11

Why?

At a time of great consequence for this country – when we should be debating how we win the future, reduce our deficit, deal with high gas prices, and bring stability to the Middle East, Washington, DC, was once again distracted by a fake issue. The President’s hope is that with this step, we can move on to debating the bigger issues that matter to the American people and the future of the country.

www.whitehouse.gov...

And based on obama's dismal record while president, he will lose the debate he all of the sudden wants to have.

You still don't get it? The fringe right like yourself has focused on the nonsensical distraction of "birthers" for the very reason that they are unable to debate those issues.

Oh Cent...I do kinda feel for you...what will you do now? Claim he is from mars?

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
1) He had to be white

2) He had to either join the Tea Party or GOP

Simple as that

The entire birther movement is a big joke given neither Reagan, Kennedy, or Bush Sr ever presented a long form birth certificate. A ton of people don't even have one

Now that he presented his, it's still not good enough. Some crazy guy claims it's been "put together"...completely ignoring the fact that you can't examine layers in a PDF document. But they aren't driven by logic, only racism and political motivations...so I'm afraid the hardcore nutcases won't ever stop insisting he's a Kenyan-Indonesian Muslim plant

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Like I said in the other thread watch out for posters trying to sway opinion. Just like the health care debate I believe we will see a organized and paid attempts to sway the sheep. I am not a birther but I do see patterns and this looks organized to me.

DOES THIS LOOK ORGANIZED TO YOU?
edit on 27-4-2011 by Subjective Truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen

If Obama was white no one would care. Gotta love this country and their priorities.

Trump for President!

Palin for President!

Romney for President!

(How about you Gingrich? Wanna get involved?) Newt for President!

Who cares, just fix our damn problems

That's a cheap, lazy, facile and false argument, and totally denies the fact which many black people are totally against Obama's policies and have a deep mistrust of him. What is it with some people. Are black people supposed to be beyond reproach because of the color of their skin? Is any criticism of Obama to be written off as racist?

IMO it's your own comment which is racist, actually.
edit on 27-4-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

Hear Hear!

I am no racist. As I said in another post I voted for Obama and reside and am from NYC. I have many black friends. I'm just calling it as I see it. And it is my opinion that if he were white we wouldn't be having to deal with yet another friggin thread about his stupid birth certificate. You can thank your fellow Americans and the members of this site who care about this crap too much for that...

Too many other REAL problems to worry about than where this man was born.

Give me a friggin break already...

You are entitled to your opinion...but I too am entitled to disagree, and strongly. I DO find your comment racist, and I disagree with pretty much everything you say.

If you want a break, take one .... it's that simple. No-one is in a position to 'give you' one.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
what would it take to appease the birthers?

obama resigning from office today.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

And are you really saying that race has absolutely NOTHING to do with this, at all? Please.

Yes.

Unlike you and a few others here that can ONLY play the race card instead of engaging any sort of logical or meaningful discussion where obama's actions and policies are concerned. It's like you somehow think it is impossible for ANYONE to disagree with obama without it being due to racism.

Get a grip ...

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Look, I'm not a "birther" in the context that most people here seem to imply when they say it (like some fanatical ignorant griper), but I am a curious person and I don't take a lot of people's word as truth unless I see something to back the claim up.

The one thing I will say is that his long form birth certificate in the PDF shows evidence of tampering. As I stated in another reply, scanners import images that are one solid piece, if you will, and the PDF shows that there were multiple layers compiled to form the document in the PDF.

I make no claims as to why they altered said document, but I am confident (being a graphic designer and using digital images all the time) that alterations have been made on the long form certificate. Labeling me as a "birther" though? I just say I'm curious and too intelligent to take anyones word as absolute truth these days

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

You can disagree all you want, but you do realize that the real motivation behind this ridiculous Birther movement is racially based don't you? If you don't then you should get your head out of the sand.

This whole thing started because some fool thought he was born in Kenya. If he wasn't black no one would have had a reason to check up on him in the first place.

Don't call me racist because I'm calling it as I see it. You're being way too sensitive here. If I had referred to someone by a racial slur or screamed that " I Hate all ( insert group) ! then you'd have a legitimate gripe..

But that never happened, nor would it ever happen because I'm not a racist. So grow some tougher skin.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by maybereal11

Oh Cent...I do kinda feel for you...what will you do now? Claim he is from mars?

Unlike you, I never claimed he was from anywhere.

And also unlike you, I attempt to look at the bigger picture of the issues I'm interested in and therefore post about.

So, unlike you, I feel no euphoria (kool-aid kicking in again?) or despair over this announcement.

Instead, I see obama releasing this BC (real or fake) as a political mistake because it was the one issue that he could have continued to use to divide conservatives and independents to the point they could not defeat him in 2012.

Now, obama will be forced to run solely on his record and the state of the country in 2012 when he can no longer blame Bush without looking like a weak cry-baby. A record that has been so far pretty dismal and not likely to get any better with the issues facing obama and the U.S.

It's called critical thinking. Really, you should try it sometime ...

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by aussiespeeder

but why have layers if its supposedly a scan (unlayered) i smell a rat and i really could care less either way, i am an aussie, neither birther or otherwise but that docs not right,

Perhaps you smell a rat because too many are looking for the rat?

Let's say for argument's sake Bill Clinton.....or George Bush Jnr........decided to put a scan of their birth certificates online......and it was discovered that their scanned documents were layered........would anybody raise any eyebrows.....I suspect very few.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Yes.

Unlike you and a few others here that can ONLY play the race card instead of engaging any sort of logical or meaningful discussion where obama's actions and policies are concerned. It's like you somehow think it is impossible for ANYONE to disagree with obama without it being due to racism.

Get a grip ...

What are you even talking about? This whole movement is racially motivated. What are you missing.

The mere existence of this group is based on the premise that he was born in Kenya. It has nothing, NOTHING to do with his policies, you realize that right? So who's racist now?

If he were white this wouldn't have ever come up in the first place. It is what it is. Like it or not. Quit playing on like you're so politically correct.

The fact that I'm being branded a racist because of this is ludicrous. I like him and voted for him for pete's sake!!

You've clearly no idea what it means to be racist.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logical one

Originally posted by aussiespeeder

but why have layers if its supposedly a scan (unlayered) i smell a rat and i really could care less either way, i am an aussie, neither birther or otherwise but that docs not right,

Perhaps you smell a rat because too many are looking for the rat?

Let's say for argument's sake Bill Clinton.....or George Bush Jnr........decided to put a scan of their birth certificates online......and it was discovered that their scanned documents were layered........would anybody raise any eyebrows.....I suspect very few.

Uh, do you not remember all the people here claiming Bush's Air National Guard documents were fakes and going over them with a fine toothed comb.

Of course, THAT was different.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Forgive me if this has already been mentioned but how did Obama get this after Dr. Fukino recently said the long form is not available to citizens, it is for the records department only?

Also, a photo shopped forgery isnt my idea of viable evidence.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

What are you even talking about? This whole movement is racially motivated.

False

You've clearly no idea what it means to be racist.

You're absolutely correct (finally).

Because I'm not ...

On the other hand we have you and a few others posting race, race, race ad nauseum.

I like him and voted for him for pete's sake!!

If you voted for obama in 2008 to prove you are not a racist, you'll have to vote for someone else in 2012 to prove you're not an idiot ...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join