It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shariah Conspiracy

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by babloyi

I have a massive issue with the term "interpreting" law. Not just religious law but all forms of modern "common" law.

Interpretation in my book leads to bending and misrepresentation for nefarious purposes. A law should never need interpreting, enacting the law on the other hand should definitely be open to common sense.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Scaledown

Well, when it comes to deriving your law from ancient books, I'd say the vaguer and more interpretable, the better. Those times were not these times, and the situation and context was different.

In this sense, aside from some core values (most of which don't even come under the legal aspect of Shariah, but rather personal devotion), most of the Islamic scripture from which laws are derived (when laws are derived from it), are very interpretable. Thus for someone to claim "SHARIAH IS EVIL! SHARIAH IS THE DOWNFALL OF CIVILIZATION AS WE KNOW IT!" is highly exaggerated and silly.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Sharia law is oppressive and abusive, it makes women nothing more than cattle. In Afghanistan they practiced it. If you laughed at a sporting event they had men who would beat you with rods. If you danced or played music they would beat you again. If a man shaved his beard they would beat you again. If a women didn't wear a sheet over her head and body, they beat her. If a woman looked at a man for more than a short quick glance, they beat her. If a man looked at a woman for any length of time, they beat the woman. If a woman put on makeup and got caught, they beat her. If you had a Bible they stoned or burned you. If you didn't pay the humiliation tax put on an unbeliever, they beat you. Then there is the cutting off of hands and feet, and let's not forget the be-headings, we can't forget the be-headings. The be-headings are a favorite and even commanded in the Qur'an for the unbeliever and such.

edit on 25-4-2011 by Fromabove because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
All I can say is America WAKE UP

I don't hate Muslims but I am on my toes for those Muslims who embrace Sharia law. That is where the threat is.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove
Sharia law dehumanizes women, oppresses people of other faiths, demands death, dismemberment and beatings of those convicted under it. Sharia law is not a valid system of law. It is brutal, and totalitarian in form and practice. No matter how many ways one tries to paint a happy face on Islam or sharia, it still comes out the same. These people intend to rule the entire world one day, or will destroy it in the attempt to rule it. When will people wise up and look it in the face for what it is.

Misconception: Women have no rights

The image of a woman wearing a veil from head to toe, a woman who gets unfair justice or a woman who is not allowed to drive is an all too familiar notion when it comes to women treatment in Islam. And while there are Muslim countries in the world that do implement many harsh rulings against women, this should not be portrayed as Islamic law. Many of these countries have cultural differences that go against the teachings of Islam. It should be noted that during pre-Islam Arabia women were used for fornication only and had no independence. The birth of a daughter in a family was considered humiliating and the practice of female infanticide was uncontrolled. When Islam came to being, verses in the Quran condemned the practice of female infanticide. Islam gave back many human rights to the woman and Muhammad(s) was even reported saying that “women are the twin halves of men.” A Muslim woman is allowed to reject and accept any suitor for marriage and has the right to seek divorce. There is nothing in Islam that forbids a Muslim woman from exiting her house and is allowed to drive. Also in regards to education, a woman is obligated to seek knowledge and it is considered a sin if she refuses.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

Hi, I'm ATS's least favorite muslim (I guess we're all ATS's least favorite muslim but still)

Just dropping in to say that your whole post about me, and other muslims being your friend today and your enemy tomorrow, that post is full of #. Run up to a muslim in an American city and ask them if they follow a "mullah", hell ask them if they even know what a "mullah" is. This isn't freaking IRAN you judgmental, bigot know-it-all. American muslims, are just plain old regular American muslims. Get to know one and stop listening to Terry Jones' stupid sermons.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine

Hi, I'm ATS's least favorite muslim (I guess we're all ATS's least favorite muslim but still)

Just dropping in to say that your whole post about me, and other muslims being your friend today and your enemy tomorrow, that post is full of #. Run up to a muslim in an American city and ask them if they follow a "mullah", hell ask them if they even know what a "mullah" is. This isn't freaking IRAN you judgmental, bigot know-it-all. American muslims, are just plain old regular American muslims. Get to know one and stop listening to Terry Jones' stupid sermons.

I just want to say a few words from the Qur'an:

"O believers, take not Jews and Christians as friends; they are friends of each other. Those of you who make them his friends is one of them. God does not guide an unjust people." Sura– 5:54

Tell me, do you have Christian friends ? A few Jewish friends maybe ? If so you defy your god and the words he gave to your prophet Muhammad. So are you telling me the truth if you say you do, or are you lying to the infidel as is commanded in the Qur'an ?

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by solid007

So then, muslims don't really follow the Qur'an, do they ?

Or maybe they do, and subjugate women like cattle because they blame women for the evil put on mankind.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Show me where in the Qur'an we're commanded to lie to the "infidels".

In it's context, the verse you quoted was talking directly to the Prophet Muhammad and his companions when they migrated to Medina, saying not to take them as friends because of not knowing their motives since they were on the run from Mecca for the goal of survival.

I have Christian friends, AND family, and I have a couple of Jewish friends too. You really think you know me and what I should do better than me huh?? You don't know Islam, better than me.
Get your mind right.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   

See, again, it comes to interpretation. I've got a Quran in front of me that translates it as "Guardians or Protectors".

My.mind.is.mine, I've found it most effective to generally just ignore the trolls. You'll notice he was getting a bit frustrated that he was constantly repeating the exact same inaccurate things and few people were noticing.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by babloyi

Good point. He does ring TROLL.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I have a question. When does a person become a troll ? Is it when he or she finds a topic of particular interest, and can successfully debunk the load of .... that gets offered. Or is it just when a person can't accept discussion and so he or she labels that other person as a troll. After all, aren't these discussion threads ? Hmmm.

I am not here to troll. I have an interest in the subject discussed here, and since I read the Qur'an and can actually quote from it from time to time, I feel I can dispel the notions that Islam and it's Sharia law are good and peaceful. And on the other hand those on the other side of the issue can do the same. That is why this ATS person will never accuse anyone of being a troll. They don't exist.

edit on 25-4-2011 by Fromabove because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

See, the problem I have with you is you read the Qur'an (once I'm assuming, while I could be wrong) and I read passages, and chapters from the Qur'an daily, and I understand it in the language which it was revealed. So tell me how your one time english translation reading matches up to it being my chosen path, and having studied it for over 10 years.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by babloyi

Are they fighting Jewish Law? Are they fighting Hindu law? Are they fighting African tribal law? Because all of these are just as likely to "invade" America as any other.

Of course we aren't. The cultures that follow these religions have never attempted to impose their beliefs upon us in that way. There are large rallies in support of bringing Shariah Law to America. There are increasing numbers of clerics bringing rhetoric of the Islamic flag one day flying over the United States. When have the Hindu's ever proclaimed that they were going to overtake the American system of doing things?

And considering that there is ALREADY a preventative measure in the US constitution that would make it illegal for a foreign law to supercede American law, this badgering and witch-hunting targeted specifically at muslims can only be the result of bigotry and xenophobia.

Are you not aware that our government is no longer a proponent of it's people? Do you not realize that we have politicians stripping away that very Constitution that was meant to protect this country and it's people? Your claim of badgering and witch-hunting is unsubstantiated. Some actual American patriot politicians see what is going on and maybe their only recourse at this point is to introduce such a bill. It's a way of trying to protect our freedoms.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine

See, the problem I have with you is you read the Qur'an (once I'm assuming, while I could be wrong) and I read passages, and chapters from the Qur'an daily, and I understand it in the language which it was revealed. So tell me how your one time english translation reading matches up to it being my chosen path, and having studied it for over 10 years.

Well, it goes like this. I read it. Then I read it a few more times. Then I witness what was written being done across the world and say, Hmm, it must be so. Then based upon what I read and what I see, I make the judgement that it is not a peaceful religion at all, but a warlike one based upon conquest and the destruction of the infidel and and the people of the book. Where am I wrong ?

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   

FromAbove, we've met in several threads several times for several years now. I don't think you've changed one iota since then, despite the several dozen times I've debunked each "quote" you offer me from a list of dozens of quotes, your opinion has stayed the same. Over time, it seemed to me that your only purpose in any thread that vaguely has anything about "islam" or "muslim" or "Quran" is "EVIL! VILE! ABHORRENT! OPPRESSIVE! ABUSIVE!"

If this is incorrect, forgive me, but I've never seen anything to show otherwise.

reply to post by freakjive

Freakjive, you say "There are large rallies in support of bringing Shariah Law to America."
Where, exactly? By who? I've never seen any such thing EVER. Absolutely never.And yet I've been hearing "They're trying to impose sharia on us!" "Creeping Shariah!" I am actually very curious now about the source of these weird claims. Could you point me out in the right direction?
Perhaps there are one or two fringe groups somewhere that took the opportunity to make some outlandish claim and get some media attention, and maybe one or two nicely posed photographs, but it certainly isn't widespread. It isn't even narrowspread!

edit on 25-4-2011 by babloyi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by RicoMarston

First of all, you have shown your intelligence by calling me an idiot because I have a different opinion than you. I will leave you with the following in rebuttal to your post.

Radical Muslims have postponed a scheduled a rally in front of the White House to demand Islamic sharia law be implemented across the United States.

Hardline British Muslim cleric Anjem Choudary was expected to lead the pro-Sharia demonstration Thursday.

Source

www.sharia4america.com

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by freakjive

Errr...freakjive, a radical insane media-mongering personality from the UK who has no history with the US doesn't really count. I mean he "postponed" his rally before it even started? Probably because at the end he knew that he'd have almost no participants, and had neither the capacity nor capability to do it. You'll notice that Anjem Choudhry (even in the UK) has a habit of planning events and then cancelling them at the end (after all the media coverage has died down, but before he'd have to actually do anything that would be required for it).
edit on 25-4-2011 by babloyi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Fight unbelievers who are near to you. Believers! Make war on the infidels who dwell around you. Let them find harshness in you. Ye who believe! Murder those of the disbelievers…. Sura 9:123

So how is it that you can be the friend of the unbeliever. Would that not mean that you are defying allah ? Or disrespecting the prophet ? Unless of course it's only to gain power among them until the day of open jihad as is commanded in the Qur'an. For we know that it is allowed that you should lie to the unbeliever so that they trust you so that you can ambush them and kill them. Is it not true that if you make the unbeliever your friend that you are as one of them as written in the Qur'an ? Tell me as your god as witness, truthfully if you can.

This is why people need to heed the warnings about sharia law being such a good thing. Harmless.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by babloyi

I'm just basing it off the news I read and see. I see a lot of it because I scour all areas of the web on a daily basis in an attempt to find truth in the news.

I'm not your foe by any means. I have nothing against the Islamic religion. I'm just arguing the point that I don't welcome Sharia (excuse me, as I've been spelling it Shariah) law here, as I wouldn't welcome any Hindu, Jewish or tribal laws either. I'm also arguing that there I find no harm in developing laws to prevent Sharia from being practiced here. I don't see the bringing about of said laws to be any type of witch-hunt, badgering or otherwise.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join