It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOOD Police Videos/stories

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Off topic post removed:
edit on 18/9/11 by masqua because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ..5..

The point of the OP is to highlight officers who have gone beyond the scope of their duties. Several are included in the OP to wit:

Officers herding a family of ducks across the street
An officer saving a man attempting suicide
Rookie pulling a man from a burning car

Whether or not you know it the police are under no obligation to protect you from criminal acts and their duty is simply to find, arrest and incarcerate those who commit crime against you. When an officer does otherwise that is outside of the scope of their job.

Facts just stink sometimes don't they?

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
*Edited for*

I was a burro, donkey or other appropriate term for Equus africanus asinus.
edit on 3-7-2011 by SFA437 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

edit on 3-7-2011 by Lysergic because: webrage

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
When I find a GOOD police story I'll let you know.

How about this one..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade

Originally posted by Lysergic
When I find a GOOD police story I'll let you know.

How about this one..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

That is a fine "good" cop story as long as the mods agree with you.
If they don't agree with your assesment it will be deleted.

This should really be an eye opener as to how much of an impact the police have had in society.
They are not very well liked by most.
The only ones who still respect the cops are the ones who fear them.
I was taught that respect is earned.
I was taught that respect and fear are two different things.

Respect can not be earned thru fear and intimidation.
It will never last.
Once people stop being afraid, the game is over for them.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
WHile I admire your ability to see things as grey I am not so easily fooled. IF you are a cop you are part of the problem and you are working directly as an underling for TPTB. If you are truly a good person you would let go of your blue suit ego and stop working for the man. ANYONE can fight crime ya'know?

Good COP is an OXYMORON.

Still nice thread OP and I admire the focus on some POSITIVE for a change. s+F

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

Why don't you start a thread of your own, and bring forth all of the bad cases you want... I assure you, it wont be deleted... We can discuss it there.

Here the topic is good, no one is being forced to respect that, rather just to follow the terms and conditions we all agreed to here.

There is a good possibility that your post and mine here will be deleted now because of that.

If you are so certain that censorship is agenda driven here, then post a thread as I suggested and lets see if that gets deleted... It will not, unless you violate the terms and conditions of use.

Do it, I dare you.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Okay...enough already...

Have a read through this whole thread - see the sheer number of warnings and Mod Requests to either STICK to the topic or keep it outa here.

There have been Warnings, there have been Postbans, there have been perma-bans to date.

No more.

You will, at the minimum, receive a Postban for anything further.

Clear enough?

Cheers.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Wanted to bump this for any new activity

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

Is that crickets chirping?

Seriously, one area in law enforcement that needs praise and support is the fine men and women serving as DOT officers... These people work their asses off keeping vehicles and operators safe on the roads daily, I have seen them at work, and it is very impressive.. No one will ever really know how many thousands of lives are saved on the highways, no one ever really thanks them... No news is good news.

If you are a DOT officer, or working in the DOT... Thank you for all that you do.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Sorry if it was posted. Bump for those who do a job,no one wants to do.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   
While I believe that the number of bad cops outweigh the number of good cops by at least 5 to 1, and this is purely on the basis of my own interactions with the police, I will "respect the authoritah" of the original poster.

In 2009 I was subjected to a rather brutal muggery. I was out, on my bike gone midnight, in fact I had just gone to the local Tesco store (I'm in the UK). It was a warm summers night, so I was taking a scenic route home.

There was a gang of youths, 5 of them stood on the footpath. One of them stepped off the footpath, into my route of travel. I swerved around him. He responded by yelling "#ing come here, knobhead", and grabbed me as I passed, pulling me off my bike. He then said "Give me all your money, your cards, your keys, phone, music thingy and your #ing bike. Now."

I said "I'm sorry, but I have no money on me, I only use credit cards.", to which he responded by hitting me in the face. Or rather, trying to. I'd been doing martial arts for a long time, and I responded automatically with a block. That was when his friends decided that my head made a nice bottle opener, and proceeded to use my head to open their beer bottles.

Being hit from behind with a glass bottle is nothing like its pictured in the movies. It knocks you dizzy. Repeat that several times, and you're pretty much incapacitated rather rapidly. I regained conciousness a short while later to see them hightailing it off down the road. At this point, a passing car pulled over and 2 guys got out. One was an off-duty police officer. He summoned an ambulance, and phoned the staton for some duty officers to attend.

The first car on the scene was an ARV (armed response vehicle), not all police officers in the UK are authorized to carry weapons, but some are, and they have cars clearly marked "Armed Police". Two officers got out, a male and a female. Both had guns (I have since learned they were modified versions of HK MP5's), the male officer went over to talk to the guy who called them, while the female officer handed her counterpart her gun, and took off her jacket, and pressed it against my head, which was bleeding quite heavily. I clearly remember her saying "It's OK sweetheart, its over now, we're here and I won't let anything else happen to you."

At some point during this, another man approached, and both officers stood up, positioning themselves between me and the new approachee, quite obviously intending to protect me. The new guy was a paramedic on his way home from a night out, and was wondering if he could help. They let him approach and apply first aid till the ambulance arrived.

The other good police story was only 2 weeks ago.

I was out with my camera at 1am, which is an ideal time for night photography as the streets are quiet, which makes it perfect for long exposures. I had set my camera up to photograph a sculpture that was being uplighted with blue lamps, giving it an electrified look when a cop car pulled over.

"Would you mind explaining your purpose here, sir?"
"I'm photographing the sculpture."
"Why not do that during the day?"
"Because the uplights aren't turned on durng the day."
"Why not earlier on during the night then? Its a bit suspicious, 1am."
"Because the traffic is still quite heavy earlier on, I'd have cars driving through the scene as I am trying to make a 2 second exposure."
"Okay, thats a fair enough reason. Crack on. Actually, I feel it fair to warn you that there have been some muggings and street robberies in this area over the past 2 weeks. That looks like a nice camera, so I'd advise you to be alert."

He thought for a few seconds then added..

"Actually, what I'll do is just sit in my car, and make sure nobody interferes with you until you're done."

And he did exactly that.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Im sure that most young cadets start off with good intentions . So many things start off with good intentions. What happens is that in due course some arrogance arises when you are bossing other people around .

Now if the training changed to assisting other people maybe the bad cops would not even bother staying around as they proberly are not people with a good service mentality and that is exactly what the job requires .

And as others have mentioned , turning them into revenue collectors is really a great shame as i imagine it would also demmoralize them as well . This fine system is really stupid . Way too many laws in society complicating the well being of a functioning society,

I bet that when a cops does good deeds they feel way better then those who are complete idiots and backward creatures .
So yes this thread is a good idea as it is way better to tell someone their potential instead of always pointing out their faults

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Here I am madly trying to think of a good policeman story within my own experience . I just dont have any in my 55 years of life . I dont have really bad stories either , just the usual jerkish behaviour tales or that attidude stuff .

What about a good magistrate story . i have one of those . Who wants to hear that one . its part of the early history of the Hare Krishna movement in Australia / There were many run ins with police in those days .

Ofcourse now m , thats all different but my God the trails and tribulations with the law they had to face and to have a judge come along and just throw it all out of court was really neat , especially as no one from the Krishna society even bothered turning up to contest the case against them . Street OCCUPATION ofcourse .

Looking back it was all in good fun really . Everyone involved learnt something and grew emotionally from the experience , police included .

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
These following videos show Police brutality. Viewer discretion is strongly advised, contains disturbing images:

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

I take my hat off to the Police Officer in the first video. That is an epic method of crowd control.
The second video? I will let you be the judge.
edit on 11/10/2011 by TheLoneArcher because: Spelling

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Anusuia

I think I told a good police story earlier in the thread, but if you are expanding it to magistrates, then I want to tell a good school principal story.

It would never fly these days, but it made so much common sense at the time!!

We used to have a football coach/vice-principal/officer of our school. When guys would get into fights, instead of suspending them, he would take them to the gym, take away all the flash and flare and audience, just him and the two boys, and he would command them to fight. The majority of the time they would argue and whine and complain, and shift blame but never fight. It was all posturing and peacocking, and when you remove the audience the will to fight kind of evaporates. It was belittling and educational and effective.

Once in awhile he ran across a guy like me, and when he said "fight," I jumped on the dude without hesitation and had to be grabbed and carried off and locked in the locker room for a few minutes, but that was rare, LOL!

I often wonder how many good kids grew out of that phase, saved their grades, saved their records and went on to become great adults because of the vice-principals common sense approach. He was a very good coach and teacher, and I think a lot of young men owe him a great deal for pointing them in the right direction.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join