It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOOD Police Videos/stories

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
...share yours, no cop ranting ALLOWED

You know, everyone wants to say cops are bad, they beat people up, they do this and that. Guess what? Thats not the majority of them! The Media and alot of people here want to focus on those bad apples. For every one bad LEO, there are 5-10 GOOD LEO's out there doing their jobs, to protect and serve.
They have a thankless job, work tons of hours, some get little pay. There are LEO's on ATS that I hope, are good LEO's, like our own Semper Fortis.
The purpose of this thread is to focus on the GOOD THINGS Cops do. If you have a story, or find a story or video, please share it.
The rules hjere are simple: ranting about cops or posting NEGATIVE stories or videos about LEO's ARE NOT ALLOWED, and you WILL BE REPORTED!
Keep the negative crap out, you got the rest of ATS to spew your filth..NOT HERE!
With that said, here we go:

These first videos show how decent cops give protesters a heads up on how to behave while protesting, so they DONT get in trouble

A police officer here SAVES someone from an assault:

Here a cop saves a person from committing suicide:

assorted video

Hero Cop saves Toddler

Rookie cop saves man from burning car

okay, next guy or gal pick up the thread.
Rem,ember, You trash LEO's here, you get reported

edit on Sun Apr 24 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: title edit

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

The Media and alot of people here want to focus on those bad apples. For every one bad LEO, there are 5-10 GOOD LEO's out there doing their jobs, to protect and serve.

I agree with you about the above. There are more good cops. Unfortunately, the good guys cover up for the bad guys. When is the last time you saw one cop arrest another cop for beating the hell out of an individual? Most just stand around and watch.

If cops want a better reputation they need to start weeding out the bad apples. They know who the bad apples are.

As for an example of how good cops are, I saw 2 of them helping an individual repair a flat tire. The guy had hit another car and damaged his fender and tire. Cops actually were the ones doing all the work.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
You know what, I am very proud to see this thread!
There is too many cop bashing threads already!
Too many people, everywhere, hate cops!

I have known a few not so good cops…
but I’ve known even more, awesome cops!

I’ve never been in trouble with the law,
I’ve always obeyed the law!

But let me tell you, the place I live used to be called “Bloody Breathitt”
No joke, it was one of the most lawless places on Earth,
You had a great chance of going to town and getting shot!
It was a real hell hole

Of course this violence was before my time…
But why did it change?
Police!

This place is filled with crazy rednecks,
If we lost the ‘Cop Presence’ it wouldn’t be 24 hours,
Before it would be totally unsafe to step outside your door!
Still no guarantee on safety inside your house!

So I salute our policemen and women,
Who sacrifice, so we can have a life…

I don't have the resolve it takes...
something about the risk/chances of getting shot at and possibly killed...
doesnt sit right with me...

but the ones who love it... God Bless Ya!

edit on 4/24/11 by EvolEric because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Good luck here. It may become a tough job fending off the cop-bashers.
I first should say the same thing I always say, "I don't particularly like cops, and avoid if possible."

I also don't like stereotypical discrimination. In all actuality, people are people. Some are idiots Some are geniuses. Some are generous. Some are greedy. Some are kind. Some are just a-holes. Some people become cops. Some don't.

Ok. with this video, some might say that this was dangerously stupid, and could have caused a serious accident. I say that I saw no accident, and if they had crossed the road on their own, then there could have been a serious accident. So maybe this is just a guy who wants to help this family out, or maybe it is a guy who realized the odds of an accident were greater, if he did not intervene. Either way......

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Whats up with the OP's giving rules about what can and can not be posted on an open forum websight? This is the second post today that I have seen the OP giving rules about what kind of info can or can not be posted. I thought the ATS rules accounted for open respectful discussion of all subjects posted here, or have I missed some obscure rule allowing the users to make up their own rules?

With all respect, I'll post whatever I want within the terms and conditions.

Not trying to argue, or step on anyone's toes...
but isnt anything posted that isnt about

GOOD Police Videos/stories...share yours

offtopic? That is against ToC's isnt it? So that means you shouldnt be talking about bad cops... cos isnt this a thread to honor the good cops? I don't think this is meant to be a discussion of "Are all cops bad"

That would be a good question for the Mods

anyways, in order to stay on topic...

I did once get pulled over for speeding, i didnt know it was a 25mph zone, honestly, i thought i was in compliance with the 55mph national speed limit... opps... i got off with a warning, and now when i see that cop, me and him always exchange greetings, nice guy

edit on 4/24/11 by EvolEric because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by mileysubet
Whats up with the OP's giving rules about what can and can not be posted on an open forum websight? This is the second post today that I have seen the OP giving rules about what kind of info can or can not be posted. I thought the ATS rules accounted for open respectful discussion of all subjects posted here, or have I missed some obscure rule allowing the users to make up their own rules?

I do however agree with the premise of the OP, there are many good LEO's out there risking their lives day in and day out to protect us from the darker underbelly of society. I have have a great deal of respect for these respectable Officers of the Law.
unfortunately the saying "One Bad Apple Spoils the Bunch" along with the MSM's desire to make a profit nearly always wins.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   

ummmmmm,no cant say that i have any,well although one time it took them a suprising 4 hours to get to m place when a brick was thrown thru my second story double pained apartment window ehen my 3 year old son at the time could have been near yet they were quick to show up cuzz a neighbor heard low toned computer speakers playing music and people laughing amongst themselves,they sure do an awesome job, by the way the end od the 4 hour period was at 2 in the morning when i was wanting to be in my glass covered bed when they finally showed up,took pics and gave them the name of the person that did it but no justice
edit on 24-4-2011 by CUJOCREEP because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
To everyone:

This is MY THREAD, if I say no cop bashing, no cop ranting, there there will be NONE, ANYTHING other then positive LEO stories/videos is offtopic AND AGAINST T&C, which makes it REPORTABLE
Put that in your pipe and smoke it!

edit on 4/24/2011 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
I think the reason people focus on bad cops is because they are suppose to protect and serve. These men and women who have failed are just bad people. There are good police officers out there. I live in Philadelphia and the cops here are good in my book. Just don't do anything to provoke them.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

I posted this on another thread, but think it will go great with your post.

people need to realize not all cops are bad people, some are and some aren't. just like everywhere you go there are good and bad people it is unavoidable. when people see nothing but videos of cops beating people it will leave a bad taste in your mouth. and thats all that people see because we don't take the time to give people credit when they have done something good, in this day and age its only when you screw up that you get attention. we assume that a cop is just doing his job when he helps someone but you have to remember cops are people too.

reply to post by CUJOCREEP

What if the police were busy handling a very serious crime? There may have been a list of 911 calls before yours that could have been considered more serious. I'm not saying that the crime that happened to you wasn't serious but the way you stated that made it sound like no one was hurt, thankfully. And usually if there is no immediate harm or danger then they will lower your call priority. I'm not trying to attack you, just stating that there is a chance at the time they considered it low priority since it was only property damage.

edit on 24-4-2011 by feeboki because: Forgot something

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by feeboki

wow, that is GREAT! I love seeing feel good videos like that. S for you!!!

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Its incredibly difficult for me to believe there are mostly good cops. Isn't the primary job of most police officers to collect revenues for their boss? They go out there. Then they find someone going 10 over the speed limit which we all know is reasonable and safe, and then they get $75 to $300+ dollars out of them and move on to their next victim. Its a pretty big turn-off when every time you see a cop they are looking at you to find out if there is anything they can ticket you for regardless of how safe you are driving.

Cops do save people's lives on occasion. Have they saved 35,000 in the past ten years? The drug war has killed 35,000+ people in the past ten years. On the other hand the number of people who would OD and die of drugs if the drug war was stopped completely would possibly be exactly the same.

It seems like a fundamental violation of rights to fine someone money without taking into consideration their financial position. And then after they stopped that violation of rights, they'd have to move on to the issue of the conflict of interest. The money they collect would go towards their own paychecks or if not, the paychecks of one of their bosses. That is a conflict of interest and it makes a fine as a punishment very unethical even after you ignore the injustice of fining a poor person who can't afford much of anything. And that is assuming they are actually guilty!

There are so many victimless crimes in the US that I don't see a cop could be out there doing good when most of what he would be enforcing would be destroying lives.

Officer Bradley Jardis(sp?) was fired after saying he did not support the drug war and then signing up with oath keepers, an organization where its members agree to always abide by the US constitution. He was one of those rare good cops, and was fired for being one. To me if you are fired for the "wrong" of being a good cop, that means cops in general are almost all bad cops.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   

+8 more 
posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC

To everyone:

This is MY THREAD, if I say no cop bashing, no cop ranting, there there will be NONE, ANYTHING other then positive LEO stories/videos is offtopic AND AGAINST T&C, which makes it REPORTABLE
Put that in your pipe and smoke it!

edit on 4/24/2011 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

Haha...I think I'm starting to see why you love and relate so well to cops. You act just like one.

"To hell with what the rules/laws are. You'll do what I say. I make the rules!"

Yep, sounds like almost every cop I've ever met. I did know one good cop though. One of my friend's dad was head of internal affairs when I was growing up. Got rid of a lot of the garbage wearing badges where I lived, so he has my respect.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
OP you say that one in 5 or 10 officers are "bad guys", that is the same as saying that 5% to 10% are bad guys.

I don't know about anyone else but, 5% to 10% of those given the authority, weapons (both firearms and resources) and backing to radically change someones life in a very profound manner, is unacceptable.

I have no way of knowing the true percentages of "good to bad", if you have a reference source I would appreciate a link. If your numbers are any where near correct there is an army of well armed and backed "bad guys' wearing a badge.

I would like to thank the officers that are well intentioned, and ask that they do a better job of ridding those officers with ill intentions.

The tone of this OP comes across as written by a "cop want a be" that has chose to make others play by his/her rules, with threats and intimidation that outweigh the amount of authority currently held by the OP.

I believe your intention was to spotlight the positive things many officers do and I think that it could have been a good thread but, I think the demands and threats have thrown your aim off.....I think you have shoot yourself in the foot officer wannabe.

edit on 24-4-2011 by deepred because: juscuz

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join