It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NSA releases 29 messages from space?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
It's a confusing exercise. More disinformation. There is no way the NSA would really release anything credible.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Arcade425

Why not? I trust the NSA more than NASA or the like...not that NSA is trustworthy, just a notch less craptastic than nasa, cia, etc...

If disclosure of sorts is to come, nsa will end up being the frontman

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I can save you all some time and braincells.

This message is clearly from the Bogus Major Galaxy located in Taurus's Ur-anus sector.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arcade425
There is no way the NSA would really release anything credible.

Given that the majority of people think like you, why not? The safest place to "hide" something, it seems, would be in broad daylight since people, such as yourself, have firmly established in their heads that "if we know about it, it must not be real."
edit on 23-4-2011 by Watts because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Ah SaturnFX..one of my favorite people to engage in a cyber debate with.

"Why can't they just speak the universal language...aka, english"-Saturnfx

Maybe they don't need to speak!And maybe they have communicated telepathically but people just thought they were their own thoughts or voices in their heads?

Have you ever heard ANY kind of animal speak English?

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by maestromason
reply to post by AnthraAndromda

ANYONE can use a RAT, or some coding samples. I studied,learned and applied the DES standard(an algorithm which 97% of your modern day firewalls are founded on) in 1979! I was on ARPANET on a 150baud modem coupler modem in 1980! The Source, CompuServe all ISP predecessors of what you are using today. Hell, I used Telnet protocol to gain access to BBS's and telco trunks. Programmed blueboxes to tone at 2600 Hz in the late 70's -80's, even had one of the original Captain Crunch whistles, memories!

script kiddies are funny!
edit on 23-4-2011 by maestromason because: *addition

I should consider myself fortunate! In the late 70's I had a 300 baud accustic modem. I was also hanging out at SAIL (Stanform Artificial Intelligence Laboratory), playing with their PDP11/45's and ARPANET, twas quite a bit of fun. Never did the blue boxes, and didn't like Telnet much, but it did have its uses.

"Script kiddies" ... I like that! Yes, they are indeed funny.

Old memories, but, I'm glad the teechnology is catching up with what I want to do

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
This is fake IMO

A 12th planet in our solar system with a civilization..

That is what gets me. A planet that far away from the sun would be an ice ball... Correct me if I'm wrong, but why would any advanced civilization form a colony on an iceball with zero resources?

The only agenda behind that would be to form a base of observation on us, sort of like the ticket gate to the zoo.

But what are the chances of that..

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arcade425
It's a confusing exercise. More disinformation. There is no way the NSA would really release anything credible.

Y'all are funny, and just the type they want. They can tell you the absolute truth, and, you won't/don't beleive.

Methinks you should pay attention a wee bit more.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quasar_La-Zar
The only agenda behind that would be to form a base of observation on us, sort of like the ticket gate to the zoo.

Given the size, age and history of the universe. Infinite.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   

This is fake IMO

A 12th planet in our solar system with a civilization..

That is what gets me. A planet that far away from the sun would be an ice ball... Correct me if I'm wrong, but why would any advanced civilization form a colony on an iceball with zero resources?

To base a decision on the premise that all possible life in the universe must want and/or can only survive in conditions that man is restricted to AND then to follow that and say that the only reason they would be there is to observe us is awesomely arrogant...not to mention you go on to assume an as yet undiscovered 12th planet has "zero resources"...How can you possibly say what an unknown does or does not have???

The key word from your post is "advanced". If a civilization is capable of interstellar travel you really think establishing a suitable base pretty much wherever they want would be a problem??

I'm not arguing for or against a 12th planet or alien messages, I'm arguing against your logic and reasoning.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by coder22

THIS IS NOT A FALSE ALARM. The NSA releases nothing by accident classified, non-classified or otherwise.

Imagine the most intelligent ad execs on earth. Don draper times 1,000 carefully bread and groomed from prep school through Ivy League schools for their exceptional cunning, creativity and capacity for deceit.

At their disposal are limitless budgets for bleeding edge research into behavior modification, subliminal advertising, psy-ops etc. They have admitted owning entire media outlets such as magazines and radio stations It would be naive to think they are not regularly using ATS as a test bed for new ideas and techniques. (hey NSA dickheads, you have any pix of me at Frank Terpil's house across the street from old lady Kennedy?)

So assuming for the sake of argument that I am correct, could it be possible that this so called debunked release is actually part of the process??? IMHO there are posters in this thread who are part of this very exercise.

What they are trying to do is soften the blow of possible retribution, retaliation and revolution. If you really want disclosure and can handle the truth then try saying something like "I forgive everybody in the CIA, NSA and all above top secret programs for every deed no matter how dispicable because the truth is more important than scapegoating and I would have most likely done the same thing if in your position so help me God."

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by AnthraAndromda

I too like yourself consider myself to be fortunate, my mother worked at Ohio Bell as a Accountant for regional payroll, and I loved to go to work with her on "bring your kids day", for their computer BUILDING housed reel-to-reel mainframe terminals that I remember begging her to take me to go see. The building was magswipe card secured and solid white level 2 clean room and very cold....I loved it. Those mainframes were card punched programmed.

COBOL was the language used by their systems, I liked COBOL as a programming language, that language is still used today as old as it is. Newer is not always better.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by zarp3333

Oh shiggity, Norfolk eh?... Va Beach here, 757 is in the building!

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Watts

Yes, an interstellar species could power an entire planet probably from just a marble.

A Type I civilization makes use of roughly 25 megatons of TNT a second, the equivalent of one Tsar Bomba every 2.3 seconds. A Type II civilization controls 4 × 109 times more energy (4 billion hydrogen bombs per second), and a Type III 10^11 times more yet.

Basically, it would take over a hundred thousand years at our current energy expenditure rate to equal just 1 second of their civilization's energy output....

Unfathomable what they are capable of. Don't try to judge them based off your human expectations and limitations..
They can probably make our star disappear in a minute if they wanted to or move our entire planet into another dimension. We're their toys (assuming a Type III exists--which is 99.9% likely statistically). They would be immortal and some are maybe a million years old--so if we're just some 10,000 year old experiment, that doesn't seem too difficult for them to orchestrate and sit back to watch. We're probably not the only world under observation too.
edit on 23-4-2011 by TheLegend because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Here's the thing, boys and girls, that is so very impressive about consciousness as it relates to the universe and all that dwell therein:

If you believe, it is true. If you don't, it's false. Plug any mystery, any idea, any notion at all into that paradigm and watch it magically spit out the answer you were looking for!

This, like so many other 'controversial' topics, works too! If you believe that the National Security Agency is finally spilling the beans about signals from another planet in our solar system, then guess what? It's real!
If you believe this is an exercise, for some future possibility, then guess what? It is!

The beauty, the granduer, the enigma wrapped in a conundrum, sitting atop a ginormous paradox... Consciouness... It's What's For Dinner.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by GodIsPissed
reply to post by SaturnFX

Ah SaturnFX..one of my favorite people to engage in a cyber debate with.

See, now I know you don't care for quality

"Why can't they just speak the universal language...aka, english"-Saturnfx

Maybe they don't need to speak!

Right...speak is a bad term, but I would think they have a written language of some sort.
Its the one thing that -may- be universal for all advanced lifeforms overall...spoken language or not..eventually someone is going to have to leave a note for someone else...written language is pretty critical.

of course I was just using humor about the english thing.

I once read a set of books about these aliens that had no sight to speak of, but had a extraordinary sense of smell...everything they had was with scents..books of smells, entire language based off smells. Such thoughts confuse me as they are too..well..alien, however, such "language" wouldn't really do them well..hard to smell the sky and consider making rockets to go up there to begin with...or satellite feeds of smells
Visual seems the best method overall
Even borg would have some sort of written code early on

And maybe they have communicated telepathically but people just thought they were their own thoughts or voices in their heads?

I would think that is the most reasonable method of communication in an advanced race overall actually. even now we are coming closer and closer to telepathic communication through technology (cell phones, texting, etc...eventually these will be ocular and ear implants, then eventually direct connection to the brain to where talking vocally is unnecessary..but that wont be too soon.

Still, with our advancements, we would need to keep a written language overall, and if we were to communicate with lesser advanced civilizations, would be using that method most likely.

Have you ever heard ANY kind of animal speak English?

Bugs Bunny.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
For goodness sake, did any of you look at the code and try to figure it out?

Do any of you read anyone else's posts in the thread?

Pages ago I mentioned what the code was all about and even gave completely explicit descriptions of how to decode the first few clues. Did anyone try it for themselves, or are you waiting for some "channeler" to come along and explain it to you?

It's a simple NSA crypto class exercise. It's outdated now, so it's been released to the general public.

But don't take my word for it. Look at the thing and realise that there are patterns that YOU can understand if you put your mind to it. It isn't that hard. These are trivial exercises from an introductory class on "extraterrestrial" communication.

No wonder the govt. never releases anything. Even when you are told what something is, told what it means and it's explained to you how to see that for yourselves, you totally ignore it and prate on with nonsense.

Quoting Hoagland isn't going to help you see what it is. You need to actually look at it for yourself and spot the patterns. Read the hints I gave pages back if you can't work it out.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimnuggits
Here's the thing, boys and girls, that is so very impressive about consciousness as it relates to the universe and all that dwell therein:

If you believe, it is true. If you don't, it's false. Plug any mystery, any idea, any notion at all into that paradigm and watch it magically spit out the answer you were looking for!

This, like so many other 'controversial' topics, works too! If you believe that the National Security Agency is finally spilling the beans about signals from another planet in our solar system, then guess what? It's real!
If you believe this is an exercise, for some future possibility, then guess what? It is!

The beauty, the granduer, the enigma wrapped in a conundrum, sitting atop a ginormous paradox... Consciouness... It's What's For Dinner.

Forget believing, I will know when they "park" themselves in LEO(low earth orbit) and beam down. Until then, I will stick with the math, being time and space, I will leave Gwark the Alien from Amdromada Galaxy to fairytales and science-fiction writers!

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Correct me if I'm wrong, but why would any advanced civilization form a colony on an iceball with zero resources?

Speaking hypothetically...

Resources? what makes you think there are no resources? and what sort of resources are we talking about anyhow? a society that has advanced nanotechnology needs only matter and basic elements and they are set.

and ice ball?

well, it depends on how deep into the planet they would be...the mantle can be quite hot actually...along with the whole unlimited (nearly anyhow) source of energy.

Just tossing that out there in case you wanted to create a plausable sci-fi story or something.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by maestromason

Forget believing, I will know when they "park" themselves in LEO(low earth orbit) and beam down. Until then, I will stick with the math, being time and space, I will leave Gwark the Alien from Amdromada Galaxy to fairytales and science-fiction writers!

...considering accepted math suggests alien life exists, I think you just contradicted yourself. Please See: Drake Equation

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join