It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chemtrails seen in Western Phoenix, AZ 4/22/2011

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
These pictures were taken around 7-8PM Arizona Time from my driveway, I figured you guys might enjoy these. Also did anyone else in this area see them for themselves and see the planes criss-crossing as they were flying?

The last one is used for reference sorry about the larger size.
edit on 23-4-2011 by hiwhatsup because: To edit

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
those look suspiciously like contrails, rather than chemtrails. curse those planes!

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by optimus primal

Oh your just brainwashed into thinking that..
no, but really OP that's all you got there.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   

I live near Luke AFB and this just jogged my memory about how yesterday I saw an extremely low flying 737 which was completely gray (no markings) look like it was going to make a landing at the base. I've never seen a contrail in this area as its all a large no fly zone where they fly the figher jets on routine routes everyday.
edit on 23-4-2011 by hiwhatsup because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Sorry for double post and off topic, but isnt the laughing man off of ghost in the shell? If so

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by hiwhatsup

Many people felt these weren't normal contrails today ...... a couple I snapped, and yes I could be crazy

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by hiwhatsup

wait and see if it's wicked cloudy tonight and/or tomorrow....then you will know what you've got there

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Thanks for posting. I couldn't get any good pictures of them with my phone today. I live in the E. Valley and when I started my day around 10, I only saw a couple of streaks in the sky. I stayed inside with my daughter all day and when I went back outside around 4p.m. I saw about six streaks. They were fairly skinny and lately I really want to believe that these are contrails. But around sunset it seemed liked the streaks were spreading out sideways in uniform. Usually when I see contrails, they dissipate as the trail keeps going and is all gone fairly quickly. These hung around all day and looked pretty creepy. Yesterday there weren't even close to as many trails in the sky, and last time I saw something like this, it rained pretty good a day or 2 later. We will see.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by BadBoYeed

just out of curiosity if it is wicked cloudy, what does it mean? Like I posted, last time I saw this it rained. I heard of seeding clouds a long time ago but there were no clouds to seed today or last time.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I live in mesa but frequently work throughout phoenix. I am outdoors a good portion of the day and notice some strange things about these contrails. I also noticed a TON today. I should have snapped some photos because they were a lot more intense than what you are displaying and whats weird is during the sunset today it seemed like most of them were blocking the sunset. Almost like they are trying to block the heat from the sun.

but what is strange is that some days there won't be any at all in the sky, then other days the chemtrails/contrails will be all over the sky and its almost like instead of dissipating they expand and connect to form clouds.

then again could be another explanation other then them spraying.... I am not an expert on the subject.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   

I Forgot to mention that the 5 day forecast is sunny and 80's to 90's.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by 1MrMarc

seems like when you have genuine chemtrails, the sky clouds over for a while....just a theory, that's what i notice in the northeast anyway

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Luke AFB is an extremely large and active AFB 45 minutes west of Phoenix. And no, its not a no fly zone.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Do you actually live here? You're right that Luke is very large, but the very activeness piece, where do you get your info. One could count only a small handful of take off's and landings, if that, in any given day. I live 10 minutes away from Luke, and its not 45 minutes west of PHX. That makes it sound isolated, and it's not. This AFB is very embedded in the civilian populous. Just wanted to clear your one liner up.

TWBU

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Grayish sky today here in west PHX.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Despite the clear skies forecast from last night for the week, its pretty darn cloudy out at my kids soccer game in Tempe. Things that make you go hmmm.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
I, too, witnessed chemtrail patterning Friday night, around 8pm PHX time. It was clearly two jets flying back and forth, looked like a couple farmers rowing up the sky. It made me a little sad, little sick(not ill, just the upset kind of sick), and a whole lotta mad. I was busy with other things, but I stopped to observe for a few moments, back and forth they went. I would have taken pictures but I work in a restricted area and no cameras are allowed and I don't fancy having my phone taken from me for using it's camera.

Since I'm posting anyway, did anyone in the Chandler/Mesa area notice the tight knit waffle pattern in the western sky Saturday morning. It was directly west, about the same distance from the north as from the south. I saw it first around 6am. I went in to the grocery store for 5 or so minutes and it was beginning to disperse slightly when I returned to my car.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by taelok

We live in Chandler. My husband and I went out to dinner about 6:30pm Friday night and noticed the amazing chemtrail patterns as we exited the car. They fanned out eastward from the sunset. When we approached the restaurant other patrons were standing outside looking at them and commenting as they entered/exited. Saturday morning the sky was quite cloudy with streaky clouds that later formed a puffy quilted pattern. By Saturday late afternoon, clouds began to streak again into pointed oblong patterns. Today, Sunday, the clouds are all gone. We saw MANY planes forming the trails Friday evening, criss-crossing each others path. It was quite eerie, with many people commenting on them.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Normal contrails often persist and spread...eventually forming what is called "contrail cirrus".

This has been studied for decades:

for example:

journals.ametsoc.org...

Airborne Observations of Contrail Effects on the Thermal Radiation Budget
Peter M. Kuhn
Journal of the Atmospheric Sciences
Volume 27, Issue 6 (September 1970)

“The spreading of jet contrails into extensive cirrus sheets is a familiar sight.”

…and this paper from 1972:

journals.ametsoc.org...

Measurements of the Growth of the Ice Budget in a Persisting Contrail
R.G. Knollenberg
Journal of the Atmospheric Sciences
Volume 29, Issue 7 (October 1972)

“It is often observed that contrails spread considerably…Under favorable conditions, a lateral spread of kilometers is observed…If sufficient air traffic exists, and entire overcast of contrail cirrus may develop and persist for hours with rapid growth in the ice budget of individual contrails.”

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I live in Avondale and saw this too, it reminded me of the Japanese flag. It looked like all the trails started from one source and there had to be at least 20 of them. It couldn't of come from the base because it was too far out west and it looked like it was too far south too. I think it was from somewhere around Tonopah, where they have tested rockets and the like before.
edit on 24-4-2011 by nortefunk14 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join