It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracy regarding the cutting of social programs, etc

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I just wanted to point out that the partisan debate over social programs is a distraction from the real issues that face this country.

I don't know if the Tea Party folks realize it or not but we are fighting 3 wars and pumping billions of dollars into our defense industries every single year.

Why hasn't the Tea Party suggested cuts in the defense budget?

Why haven't they rallied to withdraw our troops from Iraq, Afghanistan and now Libya?

What do Rand Paul and Paul Ryan really want for this country?

Think about this angle:

Social programs (welfare, medicare, ssi/ssdi, medicaid) are cut, thus putting people into a situation where they become desperate and retaliate.

Think about it. It's not that far-fetched. Is it guaranteed? That depends on how much you cut.

But, it gives the government a wonderful excuse to use those FEMA camps and trains.

High unemployment + no safety nets = ????

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I submit to you Rand and Ron paul saying cut Defense spending

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I've thought about this too. I haven't given it too much thought because so many people say Ron Paul won't make it to the White House. I like his ideas but they seem too good to be true. Everything about him does.

So what if he is there to get us to agree to get rid of all these programs, that we would assume would be a gradual process.

Then he gets elected, and they suddenly yank all of these programs out from under people. Then they go on vacation and wait for 1/2 of the country to go nuts. In comes the police state, and it looks like we asked for it.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
I just wanted to point out that the partisan debate over social programs is a distraction from the real issues that face this country.

Social programs = entitlement programs. Read about it in Nanny State threads.

I don't know if the Tea Party folks realize it or not but we are fighting 3 wars and pumping billions of dollars into our defense industries every single year.

Really? Goodness. I had no idea.

Cutting funds DURING wars is just silly. Cutting funds after you win the wars makes sense. Cutting funds during a war would be akin to cutting gas usage during a road trip. Yeah, we cut funds! But we aren't where we want to be.

Why haven't they rallied to withdraw our troops from Iraq, Afghanistan and now Libya?

Um, I can't. I'm one of those "troops".

Fiscal responsibility.
Honesty.
A return to personal responsibility.

Think about this angle:

Social programs (welfare, medicare, ssi/ssdi, medicaid) are cut, thus putting people into a situation where they become desperate and retaliate.

Who retaliates? The folks that wanted something for nothing?

Think about it. It's not that far-fetched. Is it guaranteed? That depends on how much you cut.

But, it gives the government a wonderful excuse to use those FEMA camps and trains.

Blame Obama for the high unemployment, as for safety nets, when does a safety net become a security blanket instead?

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
The true Tea Partiers have been quite vocal about the issue, maybe not as vocal as with ObamaCare for example but this has not completely distracted them from the real budget issues.

As I have already stated in another thread, the first thing which should be cut is worthless domestic spending such as pork projects then second is the war budget. We have no right to be in Iraq, Libya, or Pakistan, Afghanistan we do have a right to be there but our current and previous policy initiatives in regards to that country have been horrible.

Read my custom title, I am an Isolationist. So these wars IMO are not only immoral but unconstitutional. And yes even to those who like to say “Libya isn’t a war”, yes it is, read what a war means.

Then we have William Kristol (leading Neocon) saying Obama is a “born-again Neocon”. Like the guy ever wasn’t.
. All politicians care about is making big business big money and if Americans troops and treasure along with Muslim lives must be sacrificed, they have no problem with that.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
As much as I'd love to see every soldier immediately removed from overseas and the defense budget hacked to tiny bits there is a major problem that comes from ending said wars and cutting the defense budget.

Unemployment.(What you thought the government would cut their pet projects? get real)

All those soldiers have nowhere to go and nothing to do; with the economy in tatters still there is no real demand for growth so all we will have is a newly unemployed millions of people. Cutting the entitlement programs that do little to end poverty should most certainly be ended but frankly...
Its a damned if you do damned if you don't thing.

There is nothing we can do but cut ALL spending across the board, cut massive amounts of fat from the government workforce and pray the people can ride out the storm because we haven't just dug a hole, we've let the hole flood in behind us.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Hey, I think the communist............erm Democrat idea of seizing everyone's assets is a great idea. Look at history, it has always worked out before!

Now, the seizure of your assets in the private 401k's is nothing to worry about, that is just typical of a communist country apparatchik. Nothing to worry about, your money is ENTIRELY safe, just like the money in the SS system! Remember, the money is still there according to the government, just because it is worthless IOU's means NOTHING!

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Most people don't realize this but our troops are tired and pissed off.

There is no clear objective in Afghanistan anymore besides come home alive with all your limbs intact. THAT IS ALL THEY ARE WORRIED ABOUT AT THIS POINT!

Tell them they have to go fight another war in LIbya and they will probably tell the Govt. to F***k off.(congressional approval or not) It has seriously gotten to this point.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

Medicare and Medicaid are fully funded and are fully funded through 2050 - thats an ABSOLUTE FACT.

The reality is that tax cuts to the rich, wars, are being funded from this pool of funds while simultaneously DEFUNDING the programs.

The real question you ALL need to be asking is why - and here is the answer.

Private enterprise, corporations , want to privatise these last remaining areas to get their hands on these GIANT funds of public wealth - one of the greatest prizes corporations could imagine - and they have been trying for decades. Bush awarded Lockheed the contract to handle Texas social programmes - it was over ruled by Clinton.

This is the truth.

The right wing control of the talking points go like this : -

Instead of blaming the bankers for stealing the wealth of the nation and destroying the savings of the sates, unions, retirements of millions blame the unions for asking to high wages, instead of allowing people to focus on the truth that the Banks and Wars have destroyed the US budget surplus blame the fully funded medical and health system of the country. Dont call it the health system - call it entitlements. Dont call it profit - call it job creation, don't call it stuimulus call it debt, etc, etc.

The saddest thing in Americas history is that the middle and working class of the US believes what the Republicans and Tea party are telling them via the most powerful corporate propaganda machine ever created.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
I think the Tea Party should have some Tea. I mean REALLY, what are they a bunch of Tea Totallers!?

I mean they have been a force for what, 4 months now and they should have changed the ENTIRE environment of Washington DC by NOW!

Jeez, what are they? A bunch of union folks attempting to get things done? Jeez, probably taking breaks according to their union contracts and because they do not have 59 supervisors watching their work, they cannot get ANYTHING done.

You go union boys!

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by watchitburn

Truth.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Aristophrenia

You got it half right. Both parties are controlled by the Big Corps.

Dems and Repubs are the same except on a few social issues. Both are for Corporate entitlements, both are for massive growth in Government agencies. One just does it faster than the other.

Look at the Obama Administration (Remove the blinders and admit the truth)

Patriot Act, Wars (even more), Homeland security (now scanning machines?!) - Think about it, the WORST of the BUSH administration continues along with his #ty programs to boot. If you can't see that you are lying to yourself.
edit on 17-4-2011 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Truth.

Oh Come ON! Now that Obama is the premiere everything is coooool!

Remember, Now that the Democrats are in power "War is good"!

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by infolurker

Just ask infolurker here, he will back the Obama all the way! War is good now that the Democrats are in Power!

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by HmmmmmmDJK

Originally posted by beezzer

Truth.

Oh Come ON! Now that Obama is the premiere everything is coooool!

Remember, Now that the Democrats are in power "War is good"!

You're right. Sorry.
Unemployment at 10% is the new normal.
Gas prices at 4 plus dollars a gallon is the new normal.
Fighting for years is a good thing.
Unemployment for vets (at 27%) is a good and happy thing.

. . . . . have to vomit now. . . . .

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Come on beezer, the WON is the GIANT that we have always wished for.

If you do not believe me, ask all the folks that worship him!

edit to add-if you do not believe me ask me!
edit on 17-4-2011 by HmmmmmmDJK because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aristophrenia
reply to post by The Sword

Medicare and Medicaid are fully funded and are fully funded through 2050 - thats an ABSOLUTE FACT.

The reality is that tax cuts to the rich, wars, are being funded from this pool of funds while simultaneously DEFUNDING the programs.

The real question you ALL need to be asking is why - and here is the answer.

Private enterprise, corporations , want to privatise these last remaining areas to get their hands on these GIANT funds of public wealth - one of the greatest prizes corporations could imagine - and they have been trying for decades. Bush awarded Lockheed the contract to handle Texas social programmes - it was over ruled by Clinton.

This is the truth.

The right wing control of the talking points go like this : -

Instead of blaming the bankers for stealing the wealth of the nation and destroying the savings of the sates, unions, retirements of millions blame the unions for asking to high wages, instead of allowing people to focus on the truth that the Banks and Wars have destroyed the US budget surplus blame the fully funded medical and health system of the country. Dont call it the health system - call it entitlements. Dont call it profit - call it job creation, don't call it stuimulus call it debt, etc, etc.

The saddest thing in Americas history is that the middle and working class of the US believes what the Republicans and Tea party are telling them via the most powerful corporate propaganda machine ever created.

Here Here!!!!!!! Flat out truth

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by HmmmmmmDJK

Yeah, I kind of noticed we don't have all the casualty counts, protests, etc. anymore do we.... even though nothing has changed. Oh, I take that back, we had the worst casualties in Afghanistan ever in October 2009. Glad we all saw the week long protests on CNN.

www.independent.ie...

The lefties complain about "where was the TEA Party" when Bush was in.... Same place all of you jokers are now... Silent and nodding your heads because your team (HuffPo, DNC, & commie KOS) tells you what to think and that everything is OK.

Keep nodding your fool heads in agreement because if you actually look, NOTHING BAD from the Bush years has changed you idiots... LOL
edit on 17-4-2011 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by infolurker

Come on INFO, you are sounding like a tin foil hat wearer!

Do you ACTUALLY believe that the media is in on it!?

I think you folks are nuts! Just google "The Church of Climatology" and you will see the TRUTH! LOL

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword

Think about this angle:

At first it would be rough, but it is the only way to get legal unwanted immigrants and illegal unwanted immigrants to leave the US. It is similar in spirit to how the Russians burned everything while retreating from the Nazis. Make no mistake about it the US is under threat of ethnic genocide via population replacement.

The only way to make the leaches leave is to make the US a more sucky place then the countries they left.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join