It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Gets Arrested For Making Joke In New York City

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Brindle, i can only agree that after the officer asked for the ID the individual should have complied, BUT it should have never happened, the guy if you listen only commented on a BIKE!!!!!! not anything else. 1st ammendment bro!!!!!!!! uphold the constitution. its all we have left.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by brindle

Originally posted by TheKnave

At best you are a mall security guard.Keep trying,one day you may become a cop.

I dont understand why its so hard for people to try to be nice. Saying things like this only makes you look little and pety. It will get you no respect.
edit on 17-4-2011 by TheKnave because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-4-2011 by TheKnave because: (no reason given)
If I dont get respect from all the people here who think it is ok to walk around screaming at people and cops ,refusing to show i.d.,trying to walk away when when cops are questioning you ...I will be devastated.This guy was begging to get locked up.The reason he didnt want to show his i.d. was because he only had a welfare card.He had total disregard for the police.I would bet my last nickel that he has an extensive criminal record.Imagine having masses of ignoramus losers like this walking around.Lets put the shoe on the other foot.If he were on the bike,and somebody yelled something at him,he would have ran over to start a fight.That is the truth.If he doesnt have an extensive criminal record,I admit I am wrong,offer full apology,and retract my statements.This guy will eventually wind up doing a long stretch behind bars.

It doesnt matter what he was 'begging' for. The fact is no laws were broken. Police should not and cannot arbitrarily arrest people because they rubbed them the wrong way. Like I said before. This is America. We have these rules in place for a reason.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Forget laws,rights,cops...if somebody yells at somebody else,your a grown man,you should know better,they are fighting words.Most people would be highly pissed off,and a fight would ensue.A general rule of thumb to avoid getting your ass kicked is not to say things like that.This is why the police told him to shut up and keep moving,which he refused,kept yelling,then refused to show i.d.If you want to test my theory,walk down a busy street,when you see somebody doing something you dont like,scream at them your a grown man,you should know better than to do that.See what follows, 9 out of 10 times,a major altercation will follow.That is what the cops were trying to prevent.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Forget cops, forget rights... if one unicorn screams at an elf... Best argument ever.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Forget laws,rights,cops...if somebody yells at somebody else,your a grown man,you should know better,they are fighting words.Most people would be highly pissed off,and a fight would ensue.A general rule of thumb to avoid getting your ass kicked is not to say things like that.This is why the police told him to shut up and keep moving,which he refused,kept yelling,then refused to show i.d.If you want to test my theory,walk down a busy street,when you see somebody doing something you dont like,scream at them your a grown man,you should know better than to do that.See what follows, 9 out of 10 times,a major altercation will follow.That is what the cops were trying to prevent.

I understand what your trying to say and I agree with you. However I still stand by my opinion that cops should not just go around arresting people for a possible fight that might have occured. Are you supporting that people should be arrested before a crime is commited?

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by brindle

Man, i dont disagree that what the man did was stupid the world is full of stupid people but come on you gonna arrest every idiot for making comments? if that was the case they would be knocking on your door in about 5 minutes. If we allow the police to keep this type of egocentric attitude kiss this site goodbye, your freedom to post your stupid comments. our founding fathers would be rolling in their graves right now. Im not calling you stupid i apologize for that!!!! just cant beleive that america hasbecome such a police state and nobody is paying attention when marshal law hits because we have let our city and government officials decimate our constitutional rights it will be to late. Peace love and apple sauce. LET FREEDOM RING

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheKnave

I understand what your trying to say and I agree with you. However I still stand by my opinion that cops should not just go around arresting people for a possible fight that might have occured. Are you supporting that people should be arrested before a crime is commited?
You agree that he was instigating a fight.Instigating a fight is disorderly conduct .It is one of the most common forms of disorderly conduct.If a police officer believes someone is instigating a fight,they are trained to fine them for disorderly conduct.It is really simple here.This is no big mystery.It is just law enforement to keep the streets free of brawls .

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Your definition of instigating a fight is bit off. Or you have a really thin skin. I sure hope noone ever makes a joke around you.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
You live in a militaristic society. You start your conditioning when you go to school. Schools are modelled on military schools from Germany, a long time ago. Police brutality and abuse of the law is all throughout history.

Just look at the civil rights movement. Many of the Klu Klux Klan leadership were the town's sherriffs and deputies. If this scene was played out in the deep south 50 years ago, the man may have been lynched.

And don't tell me race had nothing to do with it because the arresting officier was black. During one murder in Mississippi, the sherriff took a black man with him to murder Louis Allen. If you are unsure of how and why this could happen, study a little history and you'll find that a whole bunch of white people have black people as slaves. And you know what those white people did, they used the black people to do the dirty jobs. They used them.

The rich white folk now are using lots of black people as officiers of the law. The police are brainless pawns in a much bigger network. Are you forgetting the politicians, the lawyers, the judges, the jailers, the wardens?

There's lots of money in the prison systems.

You gave the police permission to become the strongest force on our public streets. You bought into the system. You are a consumer. The corportations own the politicians. They employ armies of lawyers. They helped get the judges elected. They build the prisons and profit.

You. You are to blame. Everytime you purchase that package of gum. Everytime you buy a new shirt. Everytime you pay your parking ticket. You like all the pretty things, so you passively allow this to happen.

There are no real men anymore. Just a bunch of idiot men who think they know what manhood is. They neutered the average man when they killed the unions. In the good old days, if a union was on strike, it meant a whole lot of men would be smashing each other over the heads with two-by-fours. Today, we shrug our shoulders and say it's all in the name of progress. Your jobs are being shipped to China and India and you sit and shrug.

Screw you. Your selfishness and stupidity has allowed you to sit and consume. Do you notice how all the old pictures of people on the street and in labour fights were skinny. Now image a big brawl outside a factory now days. A fight between two men would look like two grizzly bears wrestling. You are consumers. Too filled with sugary crap to get off your ass and fight. You'd rather sit swilling beer and potato chips in your lazyboy, living vicariously through your sports heros. That's all the fight you need. You sitting watching the gladiators while you live in the greatest ordered civilization on the planet.

Nowdays if you threw someone to the lions. It'd be really boring. Today, people wouldn't be able to run very far from the lion. After a dozen steps, today's consumer would take a knee and accept that they are lunch.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

The freakin cops tased a yound man who had fallen from an overpass. They tased him 19 times while he was on the ground with a broken back.

I know a cop. Can't say he's the brightest bulb. I do know this though. He is a devouted Christian. When he makes arrests he preaches to the apprehended. His squard car magically transforms into a pulpit somehow.

Nothing better than a captive audience.

edit on 17-4-2011 by Robin Marks because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
Your definition of instigating a fight is bit off. Or you have a really thin skin. I sure hope noone ever makes a joke around you.
So you think if somebody screamed at that guy who got arrested,that he wouldnt turn it into an all out brawl,you are extremely delusional.That punk lives for brawls.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by areyouserious2010
reply to post by PsykoOps
Like I said, A police officer can ask anyone they want for ID. If they suspect someone of a particular crime they can make an investigative detention and demand identification.

Can you link to the law that states this and then can you link to the law that requires American citizens to carry id with them at all times in order to hand over to a "law enforcement" officer?

While you waste the rest of your day looking for that - think whether that is the type of society that you want to live in.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by brindle

WOW i have to admit this is a great website new here, AWESOME debate.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Whoever is right or wrong in this situation,if this guy just kept his mouth shut,he could have been partying with some good looking women and throwing back some cocktails instead of hanging with the boys down at rikers island.That would be my modus operandi

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Whoever is right or wrong in this situation,if this guy just kept his mouth shut,he could have been partying with some good looking women and throwing back some cocktails instead of hanging with the boys down at rikers island.That would be my modus operandi

Trained are we? Do you bark on command? This is the mentality that if you have nothing to hide you have nothing to fear, except in this case if you know no jokes, you have nothing to fear. Regardless, a really pitiful and ignorant idea about life in general.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
So you think if somebody screamed at that guy who got arrested,that he wouldnt turn it into an all out brawl,you are extremely delusional.That punk lives for brawls.

Not every verbal confrontation will turn into a physical fight. In fact most do not turn into fights. Your logical is that any heated argument will turn violent. That is delusional. Also you are assuming you know that individual. That you know he has criminal record. Come on man. Think a little bit and don't be so assuming that you know all.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
If that guy doesnt have an extensive criminal record,I will never make another post on this site.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   

If that guy doesnt have an extensive criminal record,I will never make another post on this site.

What the hell does that have to do with anything?

I suppose the arresting officer has pyschic powers to know that this guy is trouble.

The Nazis asked everyone, "Let me see your papers."

Then on a whim, you could be sent to a camp. Or summarily shot.

Police then become judge and jury and executioner.

You obviously think police are super heros with ESP. It seems you have ESP and already know the guy is a criminal.

It's either ESP, or prejudice. I know, you're a super hero as well. Jump in a phone booth and you will jump out as SuperBigot. Able to leap tall obstacles like the truth. Faster than a lynching. Strong as any branch of an army unit.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
again i would like to add this is a perfect example of a police stste in the works, people or i should say sheople, need to wake up and see the truth now before its too late......... WE NEED TO TAKE OUR COUNTRY BACK FROM THESE CROOKS DOWN WITH CORPERATIONS DOWN WITH REPUBLICANS DOWN WITH THE DEMOCRATS LETS START A NEW PARTY THE PARTY TO PRESERVE OUR CONSTITUTION NOT DESTROY IT>>> LONG LIVE AMERICA,

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

The place is not yours to decide whether it is an interference with the job, it is up to the LEO to do so, after all he/she is the one doing the job not a citizen on the sideline.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Actually it's not the cops who determine that. It's the court and since we have pretty clear evidence that there was no interference this charge will either be dropped by cops or by the DA. Or feel free to show me a court case where speaking to a cop was considered interference. Fyi, you can even flip them off and that's not illegal. We've seen 'interference' charges thrown at people alot. Especially those who film/photo them. That never sticks. Protip: just because a cop says you're commiting a crime that doesn't make it so.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join