It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Just Said that 'Welfare' Made This Country Great...While Trying to Quote Lincoln...

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whereweheaded
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

You have gone from using a 2009 article, to using UK stats, to now saying that the growth isn't good enough

When there are 300 million (+) people in the US, 6.7% growth hardly scratches the surface of growth.

ETA: I find it amazing that the very subject you wish to decry, when I proved you wrong by editing my original post, you still weren't happy? Lose credibility much?

edit on 13-4-2011 by Whereweheaded because: (no reason given)

No...I don't lose credibility much...because I stick with the facts.

I don't try to use 3 year old articles or stats from another country to support my argument...so my credibility is in good standing.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Whatever floats your boat....btw, ever read anything from Hayek, or Mises?

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
why is it that people settle?

my very first job was at $3.25 and hour bagging groceries did that for 2 years til i graduated from high school

another 2 years working at convenience store making a buck more didn't settle for either one and my aunt told me hey try ups and bam i went down there got a job and worked there for 10 years making $15 an hour.

keep trading up and never settle it all depends on what your goals in life are and if a $3.25 an hour is what people want to do for the rest of their lives i have no sympathy.

like anything the life you make IS THE ONE YOU MAKE and no one else.
edit on 13-4-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Every work experience should only be a stepping stone to the next level. With that motto, your destined to succeed.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Whatever floats your boat....btw, ever read anything from Hayek, or Mises?

Nope.

Don't think I will either.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   

So your opposed to learning new things? Well that explains alot~

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   

So your opposed to learning new things? Well that explains alot~

I wouldn't be learning anything except two mens outdated opinion that was motivated by trying to discredit the Soviet economic system and the fear of communism.

We don't live in that world anymore, and the economic systems of today do not compare to the systems they were speaking about. Reading outdated philosophy is not a worthy use of my time...sorry.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   

I take it the works of "outdated philosophers" like Plato or Socrates are a bit out of your league then?

Or do you only disregard "outdated philosophy" that would wreck your precious little world view?

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Even when those philosophies have been tried and tested, and proved sound? Sounds like the wee little world you're living in, is a glass house~

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ViperChili

I take it the works of "outdated philosophers" like Plato or Socrates are a bit out of your league then?

Or do you only disregard "outdated philosophy" that would wreck your precious little world view?

I don't remember Plato or Socrates discussing economic models

And if they did...I doubt we practice them today.
edit on 13-4-2011 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Even when those philosophies have been tried and tested, and proved sound? Sounds like the wee little world you're living in, is a glass house~

You mean the ones that are being abused and exploited today that got us into this mess???

Those "tried and tested" ones?

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
plato and socrates model of a "republic" for which the united states is

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
"welfare made this country great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"the more fortunate can afford to pay more"

"at some point you have made enough"

reagan "government isn't the solution its the problem"

grow government keep taking and taking money for the people who make and keep money in this country

end result everyone on welfare

once there are no more rich who are you going to work for?
where are you going to get your loans?
where are you going to get you money?

the middle class?
welfare recipients?

um nope without the evil rich folk there are no jobs, and no money in this country

edit on 13-4-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

this is what drove this country into the ground.
yes welfare made this country great, people helping people, giving the middle class a chance to have a real life instead of the top 1% of the people controlling 95% of the wealth.

last time i checked your much heralded "rich folk" have ALREADY been moving the jobs out of the country! and btw, the COUNTRY IS ALREADY BROKE... your rich buddies purposely BROKE IT.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

You mean the ones that are being abused and exploited today that got us into this mess???

Those "tried and tested" ones?

And that's just it, those models that were invented all those years ago, have been swept under the rug. No longer embraced by both parties involved. Why? Because of the sound, and solid methods that those models actually presented. Its hard to manipulate for their agenda, when there is a model implemented that doesn't allow for chaos, or back door deals.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Ever heard of division of labor? Thank Plato for that. That philosophy is still used globally today.

Your economic philosopher of choice would be who? Marx? Engels? Modern day Chavez?

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
If Obama is re-elected in 2012 I will start seriously worrying that maybe all those doomsday prophecies will actually come true, not the end of the world of course, just the end of the dollar, so it could happen after 2012 but I would be willing to bet around 2016 when Obama is finally gone from office, but then what? A new conservative? A new '9/11'? There are only two parties, so this story has to recycle all over again, it already is happening with Obama and Clinton. Oh boy this is like a bad and unintelligent nightmare. But exciting! If you don't laugh you'll cry, so
it I'm laughing.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
plato and socrates model of a "republic" for which the united states is

Which is a system of government...not an economic model.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ViperChili

Ever heard of division of labor? Thank Plato for that. That philosophy is still used globally today.

Your economic philosopher of choice would be who? Marx? Engels? Modern day Chavez?

I don't know if there is someone who exactly shares my economic views.

I prefer to think for myself and come up with my own ideas, rather than adopting others that have written a book.

Just my personal preference.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Question Fate

nope the rich didn't break it and welfare hasn't made this country great it what has destroyed it .

just how and where do you think all the wealth came from? welfare recipients?

yeah all my rich buddies are the reason why

you have a job
you can go get a loan
you can have all those cool little things that you just cant live without like the computer your using and the internet so you can hate on them.

without the rich you would be living in a cave,playing with sticks, with no food and no clothes.

or do you think everything you have comes from the welfare state?

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

And what would some of those stellar ideas be?

As for your response to another poster in terms of the Republic not being an economic model .....

We are a Constitutional Republic, in which our Constitution specifically prohibits certain economic models from taking hold here, such as any model that involves redistributing wealth, or nationalizing private businesses.

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join