It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saddened by this POW Video

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2003 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I downloaded the POW video and it's absolutely disgraceful. If I didn't think these animals should be removed from power before, I'm certain of it now. This just underlines the reason why we are there in the first place.

I hope our boys don't retaliate against the Iraqi soldiers, we really are better than that. The scumbags in these videos however will be brought to justice, guaranteed. I hope they meet the same fate as the soldiers in the video.

God bless our soldiers and God bless America! Keep supporting our troops and don't listen to the vocal minority that is looking to tear this country down.

posted on Mar, 24 2003 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Indeed

posted on Mar, 25 2003 @ 12:48 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 25 2003 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Yeah shot them in the head, which means they were captured but had fought back prior to being captured (a conclusion based on experience). Nans what really stinks is that you obviously believe, that a bullet to the head (dead center)is accomplished upon a moving target. That man was standing still.

Shame on you Nans it�s apparent you have no idea what you are talking about

posted on Mar, 25 2003 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Peoples, why do this all the time ? I think it's more than clear now that some peoples hate the Iraqi's and love their troops. There is no need to spread more hate around with topics like this. These are individual cases and doesn't make any difference. From both sides people are dying. This is war, you can't expect them to be nice to you while you kill their people. War has no rules. ? Stop this madness..

posted on Mar, 25 2003 @ 02:42 AM
link   

I'm fed up with this whining!

What is being interviewed on TV in comparison to this?

International convention are for everyone.British and Australian troops are being put at risk because of US non-compliance,by association.

posted on Mar, 25 2003 @ 03:17 AM
link   
I wasn't aware dead people had rights under the Geneva Convention.Soldiers die in war i'm sorry if a photograph of a dead soldier has hurt your sensibilities.

Here is a classic.The girls skin is pealing off after a napalm attack(Chemical Weaponor WMD as it would be called if Iraq used it)

I can find photographs of US atrocities all day.

Can someone rearrange the photos above so they don't distort the entire thread.

[Edited on 25-3-2003 by John bull 1]

posted on Mar, 25 2003 @ 03:29 AM
link   
I do not think anyone on this board should showing pictures of the captured soldiers either Iraqi, American or British. We are doing what Aljazeera has been critised for. Lets not do what other are doing and show proper respect for the people involved.

War is a bloody business and there is no point getting into a slanging match about who abuses human rights more.

I appeal to you all again to stop putting these pictures on the board

I also have friends in Gulf and other members have stated they have friends and family also, there is no more appalling a thought than seeing them on TV than seeing on the board which is relative sanctuary

[Edited on 25-3-2003 by cassini]

posted on Mar, 25 2003 @ 03:40 AM
link   
From the road to Basra 1991 or "The Turkey Shoot" as it became known in US military circles.

www.digitaljournalist.org..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

For more photographs that were censored at the time follow link.

digitaljournalist.org...

posted on Mar, 25 2003 @ 03:45 AM
link   
jms88 has the ability to delete the thread.

posted on Mar, 25 2003 @ 03:53 AM
link   
You have no proof that they were executed you are just repeating the propaganda prevalent in your country.

dom

posted on Mar, 25 2003 @ 04:53 AM
link   
I've seen the video of the US POW's. I think it's bad that they're being questioned while scared, but there doesn't seem to be much else going on there. And some dead soldiers, one of whom was shot dead center in the forehead... well, maybe it was an execution, but maybe not. We simply don't have the facts around that issue.

As far as whether or not this is wrong etc... I agree with John Bull that the US have lost the moral right to whinge about things like this. The photos on this thread of the Camp X-ray prisoners show exactly why, as an American citizen, you should feel disgraced by the actions of your government.

posted on Mar, 25 2003 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by dom
I've seen the video of the US POW's. I think it's bad that they're being questioned while scared, but there doesn't seem to be much else going on there. And some dead soldiers, one of whom was shot dead center in the forehead... well, maybe it was an execution, but maybe not. We simply don't have the facts around that issue.

As far as whether or not this is wrong etc... I agree with John Bull that the US have lost the moral right to whinge about things like this. The photos on this thread of the Camp X-ray prisoners show exactly why, as an American citizen, you should feel disgraced by the actions of your government.

Please buddy. Those jackoffs tied up in the pictures all had a hand in what happened on 9/11. They support a terrorist group that wants to destroy my country and our allies. They are lucky our guys didn't push them out of the plane.

We should feel disgraced? The country that provides aid and security to most of the world, we should feel disgraced? I would love to see what the world would be like without us then you would see a lot of disgraceful things.

dom

posted on Mar, 25 2003 @ 08:43 AM
link   
These men in this plane, are *suspected* terrorists or members of the armed forces of Afghanistan. They've never been tried for their crimes, they're deliberately kept outside of the US criminal justice system, since arriving in Guantanamo Bay 12 of them have been released because there's no evidence they were involved.

I guess this is more of the "Guilty until Proven Innocent" doctrine which we've been seeing so much of recently?

Get off your high horse. I am talking about the disgrace you should feel because of the treatment of POW's in Guantanamo Bay. No doubt the US does some good things around the world, it's just a shame that the Iraq war is the most obvious thing the US have done recently. Along with pulling out of Kyoto, the ABM treaty, the ICJ, ICC, the biological weapons treaty, etc. etc. etc.

posted on Mar, 25 2003 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by dom

The photos on this thread of the Camp X-ray prisoners show exactly why, as an American citizen, you should feel disgraced by the actions of your government.

X-ray camp prisonners were not looking scared or even just afraid. And the US/GB POW's who are on SSaddam hands are not * looking scared*. THEY ARE REALLY SCARED TO DEATH !

If you don't see the difference between beeing a prisoner on X-ray camp and beeing a US/GB pow in Irak, I think it's time for you to buy a glass pair !

posted on Mar, 25 2003 @ 11:42 AM
link   

dom

posted on Mar, 25 2003 @ 11:57 AM
link   
They were only not looking scared because WE CANT SEE THEIR FACES!!!

The pictures of them kneeling down after they'd arrived at Camp X-ray seemed to show some scared people.

Do you think Camp X-ray isn't scary? What planet are you on? Just for reference, I'm on planet Earth.

posted on Mar, 25 2003 @ 12:02 PM
link   
in that random shots of POWs, is not considered "insulting" or "degrading", etc., especially when efforts are taken to cover their faces, etc. This is in stark contrast to showing them close up, displaying names, and forcing them to speak to the camera.

This is where the violation occurs.

War ain't pretty. As for the "Turkey Shoot", they could have surrendered, they chose not to. They were destroyed.

dom

posted on Mar, 25 2003 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Gazrok - I'm afraid not. Under the conventions both are a breach of the conventions, although it's pretty clear that the Iraqi breach was a little bit more severe than the coalition breach.

What I'm really talking about though, is Camp X-ray.

If Iraq had released footage of US POW's, hooded, kneeling, tied between two walls, with Iraqi soldiers standing over them aggressively... well, I think that would have been considered worse than just having them sat behind a desk, being asked questions.

Camp X-ray is a *lot* worse then the footage of US POW's being questioned.

posted on Mar, 25 2003 @ 12:17 PM
link   
as far as taste goes, but it could be argued that under anonymity (i.e. identity obscured), you aren't "insulting" anyone specifically. That same arguement cannot be made when you're announcing their name while showing a close up.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join