It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oprah Winfrey, The Eighth Sphere and the Secret War for Your Soul

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
You have got quite the sense of humor Frater210.

We've not watched Oprah much but some say that she does a lot of good for humanity, and others say that she does not. However from what I've seen of her show, it is quite obvious that it is only more distraction from the real issues.

Same with the Black-Eyed Peas. They might say some positive things in their music, but nonetheless:

"Positive" lyrics do not equate with creative comprehension. In fact, lyrics are the most superficial component of music.

And:

What makes music good? When it is from Gedulah גדולה which is where we get the word "good" and "God."

Master M:. (Morya) did say that the original African Jazz–that contemporary Jazz is partially based on–is good; and I do think that Hip-Hop would be a good platform if its artists would distinguish more between the negative and positive poles of the Dionysian Wave (the Dayspring of Youth).

I'd use to be a big fan of Hip-Hop artists like the Black-Eyed Peas, KRS-One, Gangstarr, Rakim, Akbar, the Lost Children of Babylon, Hieroglyphics, De La Soul, A Tribe called Quest, etc., that is until beginning to understand more about what is explained in the above links. Interestingly enough, a Gnostic instructor related a story about how KRS-One was once given by someone a copy of The Revolution of the Dialectic written by Samael Aun Weor, and KRS-One simply smiled & nodded as if he were already familiar with the book. But did he ever end up promoting the Revolutionary Gnosis that is pointed to within the said book? Not to disrespect the Blast Master's art, but apparently not (see the reply (#18) by Rosencroix).

Anyway this is a deep topic, and yes the writings of Gurdjieff, H.P. Blavatsky, Rudolf Steiner, Dion Fortune, Max Heindel, Manly P. Hall, etc. are all very good, and have all paved the way for the public unveiling of the Great Arcanum.

For reference (instead of reposting the information here), here are three relevant ATS posts, the first post in regard to putting the teachings of Gurdjieff and Ouspensky in perspective, the second post in regard to a very significant statement made by an alleged "Illuminati" member, and the third post in regard to the Kabbalah of Dante Alighieri and the Buddhist explanation of the sub-lunar-spheres:

"Say Hello to the Universe..."

"Window of Opportunity"

"...Take Dante's Inferno Seriously!"

Now to address this topic more directly:

Klipoth

The Abyss

Klipoth 8: Uranus

Hell, the Devil, and Karma

Permanent Center of Gravity

The Hidden Face of our Psychological Moon

The Eighth Infernal Circle, the Sphere of Uranus

"Since the Moon regulates and administers solar energy, it acts as a mechanical commander for the Earth."

The White Moon existing as Nahemah, and the Black Moon existing as Lilith ("Her hair is long, red like a lily; her face is white and pink" – The Zohar).

Esoteric Treatise of Hermetic Astrology: Gemini

"Identification and fascination lead to the sleep of the consciousness. For example, you are walking quite calmly down the street, you suddenly encounter a public demonstration; the masses vociferate, they talk about the leaders of the people, the flags wave through the air, people seem to be crazy, everybody speaks, everybody yells.

"That public demonstration is very interesting. Because of it, you have already forgotten everything you had to do. You become identified with the masses; the speaker’s words convince you. The public demonstration is so interesting that you already forgot yourself. You become so identified with that street demonstration that you can no longer think of anything else. You are fascinated. You now fall into the sleep of consciousness. Mixed with the shouting masses, you also shout and you even throw stones and insults. You are dreaming beautifully. You no longer know who you are. You have forgotten everything."

Speaking of Gurdjieff's music, we have this CD set.

(Thanks for reminding me of Gurdjieff's music by the way, as I've not listened to it a whole lot, yet).

And you may enjoy the music of Bhai Joginder Singh as well.

edit on 11-4-2011 by Tamahu because: added links

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Regarding the other main point of your thread that I didn't yet directly address; I'd like to mention–in regard to the human impulse that we have to come together–that literally isolating ourselves isn't the way to go either:

The Science of Meditation

"The school is everywhere; we have to take advantage of it and learn wisely. We have it in our houses, our offices, the shops, or factories, in the street... everywhere, even in the temple, with our fellow students, our children, father, wife, nephews, grandsons, cousins, friends, etc.

"All are psychological gymnasiums. As hard as it will be, as difficult as it looks to us, it is indispensable for all of us. The secret is not to allow our mind and feelings to intervene in the practical daily activities of our lives.

"We should allow the consciousness to be the one who commands, directs and works, the one who talks and executes all one’s daily activities. That way we prepare harmoniously for meditation.

"From the practical point of meditation, we must say that what we are looking for goes beyond mind and feelings. This is only possible if in our practical daily life we have trained ourselves intensively and prepared ourselves in our daily lives for this wonderful goal.

"Meditation becomes difficult when in our daily life we have not passed through a rigorous training, when we have not trained properly in the psychological gymnasium using social and family life as a training field."

– Samael Aun Weor

Trestise of Revolutionary Psychology

"Not long ago, since 1974, I have been observing a group of people who invaded a private estate ground. Here in Mexico such people receive the strange name of “parachutists.”

"They are neighbors from the rural colony of Churubusco; they are very close to my home and that is why I have been able to study them closely.

"To be poor will certainly never be a crime; however, their serious problem does not lie in poverty but rather in their Level of Being.

"They fight amongst themselves daily, get drunk, insult each other, become the murderers of their own companions who share their misfortunes, and live in filthy huts where hatred reigns instead of love.

"Many times I have pondered on the fact that if any one of them would eliminate from his interior hatred, anger, lust, slander, drunkenness, cruelty, egoism, calumny, envy, conceit, pride, etc., he would please other people, and by the simple Law of Psychological Affinities, he would associate with more refined and spiritual people. These new relationships would definitely bring about an economical and social change.

"This would be the way out of the “pigsty,” the “filthy sewer,” for this individual…

"Therefore, if we really want a radical change, the first thing we must understand is that each one of us (whether black or white, yellow or brunette, ignorant or erudite, etc.), is at one “Level of Being” or another.

"What is our Level of Being? Have you ever reflected upon this? It would be impossible to pass into another level if we ignore the level in which we presently are."

– Samael Aun Weor

edit on 11-4-2011 by Tamahu because: punctuation

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Thrice thanks for the incredibly useful post, Tamahu. I actually would like to post several selections from the material that you have linked. I am a little short on time today but whether this thread persists or not I will come back to add more once I synthesize what you have linked us to. That way I will at least know that I have been as thorough as I can with this thread. I knew there was a reason that you might want to look at this. Almost all of the information that you have linked is new to me. I want to read it all so that I can bring it all together. It seems no one has really tried to synthesize this Eighth Sphere stuff and it is scattered all over the place.
Again with the Samael Aun Weor. I really need to give this guy some of my attention. Everytime I go to read something you link I am blown away by this man's warm and practical approach.
So, thanks again. I hope to have a more meaningful contribution shortly.
Oh, just wanted to say that the last two quotes you provided certainly add some leavening to the whole loaf. What I think that Gurdjieff and others were trying to get across is pretty difficult to grasp. The concept is slippery, but it seems to suggest that there are to kinds of individuality a bad one in which we are asleep and feeding the moon and a good one where we individuate, have all the power that goes with that and then we have access to a higher form of cooperation. I am still trying to figure it out myself but I feel as though I am hot on its heels. The thing is that it seems to be like a lot of occult secrets, really mundane and simultaneously very difficult to access.
Back soon.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by timewalker

I debated on whether or not to just U2U this to you but I will decry it publically; you have one of the most unique intelligences I think I have ever run in to. That link to the 'Po' thing alone could keep me busy for a long time. I am very appreciative of your posts. This will give me a lot more fodder for research so I am now going to squirrel it off for study. Thanks again.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Frater210

No, Thank you.

Some people just make you expand a little, you were on of these people for me.

Tamahu keeps it pretty interesting as of late too.

Hermes is a pretty interesting "person".

I will leave you for now with a connection that went off in my fuzzy brain.

Think,

Hermes X3 (having the three parts of the philosophy of the whole world) ~ Pre-Chorus

Chorus.

And see my blog entry here:

timewalkersvault

edit on 11-4-2011 by timewalker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I am often struck by the thought that autonomy, and respect for the autonomy of others is an organizing principle which is opposed by the impulse to control others by way of homogenization, a neutralizing of all but the most superficial differences within a societal body.

I have found it odd, therefore, that classic treatments of Uranus associate it with both these concepts.
edit on 11-4-2011 by mistermonculous because: Proper flow.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
So do you think the moon uses people's energy for "food" when people meditate?

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by yoyoma15

That is a really good question, yoyoma. The real answer is that I do not know. But I would suspect that the stuff that is tasty has more to do with 'active imagination', pathworking, projecting ones awareness in to Tarot cards, talking to the deceased and channeling. That sort of thing. If the meditation involves some egregoric influence or supports some egregore then that is probably yummy too. I am thinkin'

You will have to look up egregore if you do not know what one is.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Frater210, there is so much to respond to in your OP I don't know where to start. It's brilliant, but that doesn't mean I agree with everything in it. In any case, it really made me read up on a lot of different topics. A response will require more than one post.

I used to like Oprah, but then she endorsed Obama and I liked her less.

First of all, this phenomenon of the "flash mob" is scary to me. (It's an amazing video.)

I can buy into the idea that we are all "cells in a larger body." But to me personally, I need a lot of alone time. I find if I spend a lot of time with other people, I feel drained. (Energy vampirism is an interesting topic.)

In yoga there's a whole tradition of leaving society and isolating oneself to dive inward. To me there's nothing wrong with that if all your social responsibilities are taken care of (i.e. you do not abandon your wife & children).

Isolation can be a good thing: you have to get yourself straight before you can live your life fully.

To be continued.

AuranVector

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Are the forces of evil using technology to isolate and "divide & conquer" us? Probably. It's a very effective way and sharp of you to notice.

However, this whole idea of the "Eighth Sphere of the Moon" as a hellish spiritual cul de sac full of shadow beings who batten on our negative emotions & thought forms -- this is a bit much for me.

Don't get me wrong, I believe in demons & Qliphotic entities who feed on our negative emotions & thought forms, but I'm not convinced that they occupy the same thing as the Hermetic "Eighth Sphere."

(It's interesting that you mention shadow beings, because I've had problems with them in the past after doing Enochian rituals -- I do not do these anymore because I think Enochian is dangerous.)

In the Gnostic universe (if my source is correct), the Eighth Sphere is where "dwelt the Mother to whom all these archons (angels & demons) owed their origin." She is called Sophia (Wisdom) or Barbelo (Ogdoad or Octonatio).

This really got my attention because Aurum Solis teaches Ogdoadic Magick, it's symbol being the eight-pointed star. (I'm not a member of the AS, but this is what my teacher taught).

To be continued....

AuranVector

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I am an aquarius aswell, I disagree that the moon is an alien space craft harvesting souls just a little too far fetched for me, although it sound plausible that the moon does harvest certain energy's from the earth, but it also returns the favour for without the moon most of our vegatation would not be here.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   

As for A.P. Sinnett and the Hermetic Brotherhood of Luxor: I have a book "The Hermetic Brotherhood of Luxor: Initiatic and Historical Documents of an Order of Practical Occultism" by Godwin, Chanel & Deveney and it seems they were even more scandal-ridden than Blavatsky's Theosophists. In other words, I would not instantly accept Sinnett as an authority on all things occult.

I am not a fan of either Gurdjieff or Ouspensky. My introduction to Gurdjieff was thru "The Occult" by Colin Wilson. I later read Wilson's "G.I. Gurdjieff: The War Against Sleep" -- which did not improve my opinion of him. Gurdjieff was not an honorable man when it came to women. He sexually exploited many of his trusting female acolytes and then threw them away. In an era when that kind of thing was enough to ruin a woman's life forever. No indication he ever cared for any of these women or the many bastards he produced.

Gurdjieff was clearly a "man of power" -- a type of sorcerer -- superior to Aleister Crowley, but he was not a fully-realized master, by any means. A trickster is right.

(As a footnote, I should say his "dances" were impressive to watch -- especially the ones featured in the movie "Meetings with Remarkable Men" -- a British film made in 1979. I found this VHS tape in a clearance bin years ago in a New Age health food store.)

His most important student, Ouspensky, was just sad. A type of dried out, over-intellectualized husk of a man who repudiated all of his life's work before he died.

I remember reading something by Rudolf Steiner years ago, it didn't make much of an impression on me at the time. (There was someone who visited one of his "Waldorf" [?] schools in England back in the 1930's -- I remember she had a silver spoon from the place -- an old maid). I'm maundering.

What I'm trying to say is that I do not see these people as reliable authorities.

So for "Someday it (the moon) will become a full-fledged planet." I cannot take seriously.

My understanding is that the Moon is an artificial satellite placed their by ETs a very long time ago to help nurture life on Earth. It's also (I believe) an outpost for ET bases.

To be continued....

AuranVector

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   

The Moon "to which everything goes that cannot make any connection with this continuous evolution."
"It (the Moon) acts as a sort of demonic conduit to such into its maws certain degenerate spiritual forms on the Earth."

This doesn't make sense to me. Whether or not a person is conscious of his connection to the All, that connection is there anyway -- forever. Even the creepiest degenerate has a soul and that soul is connected to God forever. It's true the jivatma will suffer for it's bad deeds, but that suffering is not forever.
It does not make any sense to send an jivatma to the "spiritual garbage disposal" because of its spiritual ignorance.

"A person who cannot escape from his own separateness goes into Avitchi" and is in "danger of having his free will wrested from him."

Free will? Now there's an endless topic. Does free will really exist? I really wonder if the belief in free will is a way to comfort ourselves. It's a way to keep hope alive.

The Eighth Sphere of the Moon is "controlled by shadow beings ... that are not limited by the power of love, as is mankind."

Mankind is limited by the power of love? What does this mean?

To be continued....

AuranVector

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by AuranVector

Arghh! Ok. Ok. Me and my big keyboard.

As I am sure you know it will take me a moment to get my act together and respond to you in a meaningful fashion. I am feeling lazy right now and have shifted gears into developing a thread on Palmistry and Barack Obama.

But you are awesome for putting so much thought in to this. So I will get back to you for sure.

In the meantime I wanted to tell you that I find it interesting that you think that everyone has a 'soul' as they are generally thought of. To put it more plainly but more controversially; you seem to think everyone is on an equal playing field spiritually. I think they are and they aren't.

Do you think every one of these 'souls' is reincarnated as well? In terms of a core being going through multiple lifetimes and accumulating all the experiences of each into one whole?

edit on 20-4-2011 by Frater210 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
First of all, very interesting thread, never thought of the moon being a matrix like energy harvester of human energy.

Regardless, if taken as true, then what is to be done about it? Human synchronicity in group dancing and the like will somehow keep our energy from being harvested somehow? I still am unsure about why this is the case. Would the ultimate goal be to run as far from moon as possible or build some type of device to end the moons ability to harvest?

Above all, I have been reading your posts along with Skywaker, JingleLord, etc, for the past week and they have been great. I have googled more terms and ideas this week than ever before in my life. Cheers, and keep up the good work.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Hey mang, I have NO idea how I failed to make the connection before (lapse of several years + already spotty memory, no doubt exacerbated by early experimentation with hallucinogens, p'rolly), but have you ever read "The Mind Parasites" by Colin Wilson?

Allow me to quote a synopsis:

"
The Mind Parasites is a disturbingly creepy story of monsters that live within the depths of human consciousness, feeding off our energy and keeping us depressed, dumbed-down, anxious and living below our potential. Sounds like a common, everyday disease! But noted author Colin Wilson’s horror story is fiction, and you have to keep reminding yourself of that little fact as you read this classic metaphysical thriller.

A professor of archeology discovers the existence of mind parasites while on a dig at an excavation site that has a dark and disturbing history of its own. When Gilbert Austin, our hero of sorts, receives the documents of a dead colleague, he is intrigued by passages referring to these mind monsters that live and feed off of human consciousness. Austin has an experience of his own that proves the parasites exist, and soon he is finding even more proof at an archeological dig in Turkey, where he confides in his colleague.

Eventually, they learn that the parasites have existed for centuries, and that they are now preparing to destroy the human species. The war against the mind parasites begins with worldwide consequences as a small group of people who possess the mental strength and control are gathered together to fight the mind monsters.

The fate of humanity rests with the ability of very few people to sharpen their minds enough to control the sheer ignorance and laziness of the majority. That alone is enough to send chills down the reader’s spine, and much of this book echoes our own modern predicament, where the tribal or mass consciousness allows all kinds of horrible things to occur in our world, including their own misery and unhappiness. The Mind Parasites is part sci-fi, part horror novel, with plenty of solid commentary on the paradigms that shape human society and evolution thrown in, giving it more of a nonfiction feel, and many times I had to remind myself I was reading a novel and not a first-person account by a real scientist reporting on a real situation.

That’s what makes this such a skin-crawling read, one that will poke and prod at your mind, distressing and disturbing your relative calm with its ripples of unease. Because, like the mind parasites, this story does its damage just below the surface, and you have to pay attention to understand why."

What isn't mentioned in this synopsis is that these meta-critters are located on, you guessed it, the moon. The dark side, no less.

Dun-dun-DUUUUUUN!

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by yoyoma15
First of all, very interesting thread, never thought of the moon being a matrix like energy harvester of human energy.

Regardless, if taken as true, then what is to be done about it? Human synchronicity in group dancing and the like will somehow keep our energy from being harvested somehow? I still am unsure about why this is the case. Would the ultimate goal be to run as far from moon as possible or build some type of device to end the moons ability to harvest?

Above all, I have been reading your posts along with Skywaker, JingleLord, etc, for the past week and they have been great. I have googled more terms and ideas this week than ever before in my life. Cheers, and keep up the good work.

Yes, this is a very interesting thread. I haven't even finished responding to the OP. I just got tired last night & quit.

I have no problem believing in negative entities feeding off our negative thoughts & the negative emotions they engender. But the Moon as their home? I find that difficult to buy.

Yeah, all these different topics have really forced me to stretch.

AuranVector

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by mistermonculous
Hey mang, I have NO idea how I failed to make the connection before (lapse of several years + already spotty memory, no doubt exacerbated by early experimentation with hallucinogens, p'rolly), but have you ever read "The Mind Parasites" by Colin Wilson?

Allow me to quote a synopsis:

"
The Mind Parasites is a disturbingly creepy story of monsters that live within the depths of human consciousness, feeding off our energy and keeping us depressed, dumbed-down, anxious and living below our potential. Sounds like a common, everyday disease! But noted author Colin Wilson’s horror story is fiction, and you have to keep reminding yourself of that little fact as you read this classic metaphysical thriller.

A professor of archeology discovers the existence of mind parasites while on a dig at an excavation site that has a dark and disturbing history of its own. When Gilbert Austin, our hero of sorts, receives the documents of a dead colleague, he is intrigued by passages referring to these mind monsters that live and feed off of human consciousness. Austin has an experience of his own that proves the parasites exist, and soon he is finding even more proof at an archeological dig in Turkey, where he confides in his colleague.

Eventually, they learn that the parasites have existed for centuries, and that they are now preparing to destroy the human species. The war against the mind parasites begins with worldwide consequences as a small group of people who possess the mental strength and control are gathered together to fight the mind monsters.

The fate of humanity rests with the ability of very few people to sharpen their minds enough to control the sheer ignorance and laziness of the majority. That alone is enough to send chills down the reader’s spine, and much of this book echoes our own modern predicament, where the tribal or mass consciousness allows all kinds of horrible things to occur in our world, including their own misery and unhappiness. The Mind Parasites is part sci-fi, part horror novel, with plenty of solid commentary on the paradigms that shape human society and evolution thrown in, giving it more of a nonfiction feel, and many times I had to remind myself I was reading a novel and not a first-person account by a real scientist reporting on a real situation.

That’s what makes this such a skin-crawling read, one that will poke and prod at your mind, distressing and disturbing your relative calm with its ripples of unease. Because, like the mind parasites, this story does its damage just below the surface, and you have to pay attention to understand why."

What isn't mentioned in this synopsis is that these meta-critters are located on, you guessed it, the moon. The dark side, no less.

Dun-dun-DUUUUUUN!

Thanks for reminding me of "The MInd Parasites" -- I remember reading about this story a long time ago, but never read it. No kidding they live on the Moon? I have a lot of respect for Colin Wilson, but I've never read his fiction -- just most of his non-fiction.

AuranVector

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frater210

... Towards this end, it has erected what we might call terminals on the Earth: these terminals are soul-conduits, which will suck into the lower Sphere a certain form of materialized Spiritual energy that is engendered on the Earth plane. The most usual circumstances where this materialization or engendering takes place is in seances, and in other localities wherein human beings attempt to meddle - against the cosmic law - with the lower Etheric planes.”
“What I have to say will be greatly disturbing for many people of modern times. It will disturb, because it is generally taken for granted that clairvoyancy, mediumship and Spiritualistic activity are somehow linked with Spiritual development, and consequently of benefit to mankind. Unfortunately, this is far from the truth. A vast amount of our modern so-called "Spiritualist" literature pertains to channelling and clairvoyancy which is far from beneficial for the development of mankind. Indeed, not to mince words, I should tell you that it is distinctly harmful.”
From, The Zealator, by David Ovason

Now this part of your OP, Frater210, I can wholeheartedly agree with. Edgar Cayce warned people against seances & things like automatic writing & ouija boards -- they attract lower astral entities that can cause a lot of problems for people.

I'd like to recommend a non-fiction book, "The Siren Call of Hungry Ghosts: A Riveting Investigation into Channeling and Spirit Guides." The author Joe Fisher committed suicide about the same time the book was launched. Fisher wrote that he was being tormented by angry spirits.

I agree that psychic abilities are not proof of high spiritual development. A lot of the professional psychics I've met are sleazy and unimpressive as human beings. As for "channeled" material -- I would caution people from taking most of it too seriously.

AuranVector

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frater210

The truth is that if this ‘secret’ is taken as truth then all spiritualist and clairvoyant activities feed the Eighth Sphere. That is a big reason why this is kept secret. The very Secret Societies that are keeping this ’secret’ are promulgating the very thing that feeds the Moon most of its food. This should be a major red flag for any budding young occultists out there before they run off and begin to diligently memorize Kabbalistic correspondences. It seems all of our dreaming really is eaten up by the moon.

I don't believe all our dreaming is eaten up by the moon. Only the negative stuff is eaten up by demons.
And there's nothing wrong with studying the Kabbalah.
AuranVector

“Moon is a big electromagnet, so it must affect things like tide. But when the influence becomes psychological, then it is wrong. It happens only when man is cut off from higher influences. But nothing can cut him off higher influences except himself.” Ouspensky

I agree that the Moon is a big electromagnet. I don't agree that the psychological influence of the Moon is all negative. A man may turn away from God, but the connection to God is always there, whether or not a person is conscious of it.

AuranVector

The important thing to note is that if you are an especially isolated and selfish person you will find yourself in ‘Avitchi’ (Hell) and ultimately you will go to live on the Eighth Sphere.

Isolation is not always a condition one chooses. Sometimes isolation is forced on one. I do not believe that God condemns one to Hell for simply being isolated. If a person is selfish to the point of harming others, then he creates karma he will have to deal with eventually.
AuranVector

The point I wish to make is that we are being isolated and singled out as food against our knowledge. These days it seems to come with our full consent however. The important thing to be aware of is the isolation. Don’t be divided and conquered.

I think you have a good point here, Frater210. All this technology does isolate us, but it can also be a boon. I would not have a chance to communicate here if it weren't for technology.

So what do scientists understand about why some animals like birds and fish can and do act as one? Well, they say it is for survival. It is as simple as that. More food, more, shelter and just more survival. Safety in numbers. I believe that Jesus had something to say about coming together to pray as ‘two or more’ and I am sure that Rumi said something somewhere about how if the ‘enemy of ecstasy’ found you all alone he would ‘eat you up’.

I am not suggesting that we must forever exist like some kind of hive-mind forever into the future. I am not suggesting the loss of individuality. You can see that it is only a certain type of ‘individuality’ that you want to do away with. I only wish to suggest that we have this power within us and we know it is there on some level. I believe we all have it in us to become activated as one to get work done in much more dramatic fashion than seen in the day to day world. I am talking about on a level that would seem supernatural to us.

I agree that when it comes to getting things done in the material world, "many hands & minds" can be useful. However, for inner work much solitude is needed.
AuranVector

If we can become free of the thrall of the Moon we may discover that we have a great deal of power.

If we could develop the necessary discipline to control the quality of our thoughts (and the emotions they engender), we may discover that we have a great deal of power.
AuranVector

I think I remember something coming from the ancient Gnostic writings that the Archons are experts of Simulation. Hmmmm.

I agree. I do not like that people are getting sucked into simulated reality thru computer games, etc. Too much of this kind of thing is a substitute for living real life. Really unhealthy.
AuranVector

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join