It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NC bill threatens to criminalize naturopaths, homeopaths, herbalists and others as felons

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
NC bill threatens to criminalize naturopaths, homeopaths, herbalists, midwives, aromatherapists as felons

(NaturalNews) Alternative health practitioners in North Carolina (NC) and their patients need your help to defeat a stealth bill that flew under the radar of most everyone in the natural health community. Senate Bill 31, which clarifies the penalties for the "unauthorized practice of medicine," essentially criminalizes the practice of unlicensed forms of medicine, which includes the work of many naturopaths, homeopaths, herbalists, aromatherapists, and even some midwives in the state. The bill was adopted by a judiciary committee in early March, and it recently passed the NC Senate. Now, the NC House is set to vote on the bill tonight, and unless NC governor Bev Perdue vetoes it, the practice of natural medicine for many in NC may soon become a more severe criminal offense.

You might not agree on the scientific basis with these people, think they are frauds... but this is ``supposedly`` the land of freedom... where people can decide what they put in their bodies, ect.

Let's say their products does really nothing to the person, but the person really believe in it. Well just that belief might indeed save that person. Scientific studies have proven that the power of belief can cure you...

Let's say WORST CASE SCENARIO... that someone dies because of the ``medical`` products they were given, well, arrest the ``fraud`` for involuntary manslaughter, like it would be in any other case...

Me thinks this whole thing is funded by BIG PHARMA.
edit on 4-4-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Me thinks this whole thing is funded by BIG PHARMA.

Me thinks you right!

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I and my family use herbs on a daily basis to help our health improve and have seen vast improvements since doing so.

Including to my severely autistic son, who has shown great progression since we began doing it.

This is wrong on every freaking level, to say the least

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I work for doctor and see the patient's who choose to do "natural remedy". Not saying that it does or does not work (heard great things too), but these people who sell their products and services need to fess up when they are causing harm. My example is when a woman has a very bad breast cancer. But instead of getting the treatment she needs, she asks for time to do her own remedy. We comply, but ask that she checks in with us to make sure she is doing ok. We also suggest they use natural remedy to "compliment" traditional as well.

You see her 2 months later with half her breast missing from the cancer eating away at the tissue. But she tells us, "NO, its the topical ointment drawing out the cancer cells because her herbalist/naturalist says so. Its working."

I think it should be at least regulated in some way. Or these people need to say, I've tried to help, but its beyond my help now, call your doctor.

edit on 4/4/2011 by dragonspit because: spell check, missed words

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
This is one of the best Catch 22's out there.

These treatments are being banned because there is no hard evidence that they work.

There is very little hard evidence to support these treatments because there is no large company to pay for the research.

No one will pay for the research because it potentially jeopardizes the immense profits and total dominance of the Pharma companies. Any research that is done starts with this doesn't work and then, surprisingly, proves that idea.

Meanwhile, drugs produced by Pharma are fast-tracked through approval based on how big a check the company is willing to write, regardless of whether they actually do what they are supposed to (or are even safe to begin with)

So, cheaper treatments that may or may not work are made illegal so that expensive treatments, that may or may not work, can be made available.

Ain't capitalism great?

ETA...

A prime example of this is research being done now at the University of Calgary on a anti-cancer compound.

They can't get any funding and are harrassed at every turn because the compound is both cheap and plentiful. It was also released onto the market decades ago for the treatment of other problems so there is no patent protection available now or in the future.

No one wants cheap cures/treatments.

Not enough profit.

edit on 4-4-2011 by [davinci] because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Jomina

My wife is an Rn and now a chiropractor and I know herbal medicine works! Freakin degenerate politicians don't know about this type of medicine because they aren't educated in it. Its like having a Mechanic trying to perform brain surgery, if you don't know how to do it then don't try to tell other people how to make informed decisions if you don't know! These guys know politics not medicine so its erroneous to pass judgement on something they know nothing about. Herbal meds do NOT fix all problems but definatly works in a lot of cases.
edit on 4-4-2011 by agentblue because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonspit

Natural remedies do not work all the time and if the patient chooses to believe in that method and ignore the dr then it is her right!

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Big Pharma bring the college recruits to Raleigh/Duram to train them on selling to doctors.

I am not surprised by this at all.

Americans are allowing this behavior to continue by buying all the crap in the first place.

Fat pills and boner meds should not drive billions in profits.

If this country would get its priorities right versus trying to fit in and look pretty this would be a non-issue.

We need to get Monsanto to fight Big Pharma for profits, let them destroy each other and get back to living a simpler life.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Yes there are some serious crack pots out there, that will try to pass anything off as a cure all. However, I don't think the govt or any other outside entity, should have the right, or power, to forbid me or others from seeking an alternative method in maintaining my personal well being.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

What was the date?

My guess is that everyone was watching the Japan Tsunami while the vote was passed under the table. Seems to be the way GOVT. does things these days.

Distraction and slight of hand.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
As one who lives in NC, I look forward to challenging this in State court should it become "law". Our State Constitution requires we get a jury trial whether said trial be civil or criminal. I guess we'll see if a jury decides that a bunch of dingbats in Raleigh get to tell us what type of treatment we are "allowed" by those who think they know best. Then again, many jurors today seem to flock towards State control rather than individual freedom.

Don't count on Bev Purdue to do anything for North Carolinians. Her head is so far up her backside she can see the chicken coops that put her where she is.

edit on 4-4-2011 by bozzchem because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by zroth

"We need to get Monsanto to fight Big Pharma for profits, let them destroy each other and get back to living a simpler life."

funniest thing I heard all day. yet so true! I had an idea to get all the terrorists in the world against Monsanto and let them take care of business.

hahaha I like your idea better tho.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
this is outrageous!

people have a right to this kind of medicine. oh its only been around, I duno, SINCE FOREVER!

why do so many top, elite people practice these types of healing? hmmm

cuz BIG PHARMA is a giant scam. here is this medicine, full of crap to make your condition worse, so you need more of our crap to feel good, but you wont.

they are too greedy & i wish for them to self destruct!

I feel the urge to become a naturopath move to NC and kick some butt!

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

From PDF document.

SENATE BILL 31 Judiciary I Committee Substitute Adopted 3/3/11 SECTION 2. This act becomes effective December 1, 2011, and applies to 20 offenses committed on or after that date. 21

Link
edit on 4-4-2011 by highfreq because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladymerelda
I feel the urge to become a naturopath move to NC and kick some butt!

I have three houses here. You're welcome to move in and join with us who have had it with the crap being spewn from Raleigh as if we have to take it lying down. I often wonder what they consider as the cure for lead poisoning...

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Next thing they'll be burning them as Witches at the Stake!

If it doesn't work why are the Big Pharmas jumping on to it. Because people are spending money on it. Now I wonder why they are doing that????

Big Pharmas Patents are about to expire too - but guess that doesn't have anything to do with it.

www.activistpost.com...

I wonder why 270,000 People are right now in the process of taking Monsanto to Court over the Patents:
www.activistpost.com...

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ladymerelda

270,000 People fighting Monsanto Patents:
www.activistpost.com...

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I am going to try to keep the vehemence out of my post. I can take care of most any external pathogenic influence be it viral or bacterial with a handful of naturally occurring substances. It is your choice to bow down to drug manufacturers who ignore the Hippocratic Oath...it only makes you someone to be pitied.

If you want to vote for people and a government that deprives you of the capacity to think for yourself, then keep doing what you are doing. Stop listening to propaganda of money inspired moguls..your health is not their concern...the money your time represents is. They are making you believe that this system they have created is your only method of survival..COME ON dont be such P...ssies! think for yourselves. I will gladly teach anyone how to live offr the wild as well as cultivated land. For Gods sakes stop watching TV people

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Once Upon A Time,

There was a big powerful man named Mr Monsanto - he was very forward thinking and knew the peasants weren't very educated, this was many years ago and he wanted to know how to make a lot of money.

All the local people were curing themselves of various illnesses and he couldn't understand it because these people didn't have University Degrees like he and his friends had, yet they were managing to cure illnesses that they themselves were unable to cure at that time.

He did some investigations and found that the local Witches were mixing concoctions from plants and herbs they found in the woods.

Determined to make some money out of this he instructed his Scientific friends to investigate what it was about these plants that held so many cures and how to make them into pills that he and his friends could claim held miraculous cures without relying on a whitch or going tramping though the woods at all hours.

But he thought - if he cured everyone well that's like the end of a toilet roll there would be no more business so he told his Scientist Friends to add some chemicals that would inflict side effects and other illnesses on the peasants ensuring that they would need more and more pills for more and more illnesses thereby ensuring his future profits.

Many Years passed and Mr Monsanto became very rich having ownership of the various patents on all these new pills that the peasants and their masters found very convenient. However, as time passed by his patents were due to expire and he had been informed by Mr Joe Bloggs, the whistle blower, that the peasants were starting to realise that the pills were giving them other illnesses and some very nasty side effects and were becoming more and more expensive. Hence they had started returning to the old ways and using traditional herbs and native plants again which hadn't been contaminated with chemicals

Bearing in mind that many patents were soon to expire Mr Monsanto and his friends who had grown very rich - didn't want to lose this power and came up with another clever idea - I know, said Mr Monsanto, we'll take control of all these natural herbs and plants so that the peasants have to buy them from us.

We will have a word with that nice Mr Obama who owes us so much and introduce the legislation required and we're back in business. But just to keep the peasants happy we will allow them to purchase their herbs and plants the way they usually do but we will dictate the ones they can have and the dose they can take, that way they won't be cured and will have to rely on us.

He was once again a very happy man and promoted Mr Joe Blogs to Health Minister for his good whistleblowing and paid his Scientists a good Bonus and they all lived happily ever after.

The End.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
dont understand this are no brits reading this! there are extensive studies done by nice which is the uk version of the f.d.a. as a result n.h.s. does provide natual remedies as well as normal medical services the attitude of some americans is backward beyond belief! lol
you yanks are the first to scream about constitusional rights till its something you personally don't believe in then you take the stance it must be stopped! typical!
alyson curinin-smith p.h.d.(chem) o.u.
p.s. take it from a chemist THE REASON BIG PHARMA WANT TO STOP ALTERNATIVE THEARAPY IS BECAUSE THIER DRUGS ARE BASICALLY CHEMICAL ANALOGUES OF HERBAL REMEDIES NOT ALL BUT A LARGE PROPORTION SIMPLY PUT GREED! ALYXXX
edit on 5-4-2011 by shemalealy because: CLARIFICATION

top topics

<<   2 >>

join