It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BIG NEWS I've discovered THE TRUTH!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I stopped reading at "The Devil knows this".

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by JakiusFogg

It was not intended to be positive, it was intended to demonstrate the dangers of conspiracies for ones mental health. If he needs help, and i think he might, he should go speak to his doctor. Just one problem looking at his David Icke quote, the conspiracy ignorance machine has taught him to believe that his Doctor is an Illuminati agent and the drugs are to make him ignorant of their plans.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

I only call it like it is, if this was some fantastic thread that made sense then I would have said. Sadly such threads are distinctly lacking on ATS.

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by kevinunknown

Kevin

If you knew anything about mental illness you would know that your tack could be as destructive as the delusion that afflicts the people that suffer from it.

Spilling your opinion on the issue, suggests to me that you don't, but have somehow been affected by it. or has interest in it.

I see from your profile that this is not the first occasion that you have done so. And if this is just you "being Kevin" then I urge you to stop, as you may well be doing more harm than good.

The OP likes films, and find reason and meaning in them. Is that more difficult to believe or more mentally ill that a person who find meaning and reason from "a book" for example??

I state categorically, it is not you place to cast judgement. While many, even myself, may agree with you latter, more rational, post. that indeed the OP, IF at all needed in a physical, non internet scenario, does in fact need medical supervision. then THAT is a decision for his / her immediate family.

Neither you nor I are in any position to pass judgement.

For all you know, he could be a completely sane person, working as a railway engineer, who just likes to blow off steam by being "crazy" on a CONSPIRACY site, and driving people mad with secret meaning from an area of interest. i.e. films

Just as you, I am sure display you alter ego here, as a gun toting ape. with a bad attitude. just as I display my alter ego, as a learned gentleman of means!!

It is, that simple.
edit on 27/3/2011 by JakiusFogg because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

This is not an alter ego, I am anything but a “gun toting ape with a bad attitude” i am rational, the OP is not rational and backs up some of my previous arguments that conspiracies are dangerous for those living with mental illness. If I point this out then advise the OP to go get some help then my conscious is clear.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   

I'm going to half to side with Kevin on this one.. Just look at that JLL kid for example.. A tragedy possibly could have been avoided, if a already messed up kid sought help..and not turned to conspiracy sites for comfort, and closure..

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Thanks OP, I had really worked myself to a spot in which fear wasnt a part of my life.

Now this?

My "fear" of "fear" causing my worsts "fears" has brought me full circle again. I live in "fear" again!

seriously great opening post. I agree completely.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by JakiusFogg

I do believe there was not one positve thing in that entire post.

Just because you don't agree with someone, does not mean you have the righ to accuse them of being mentally ill. That action in itself is a failure of rational thinking.

While I do not agree with everything the OP said, I agree in part with the concept.

And while the OP may or may not have issues. That is none of my business, and certainly not something that should be posted as plain rhetoric on a public fora.

Should you be so concerned, and have the PROFESSIONAL capacity to aid the OP in this matter, Surely you should act on you Hippocratic oath, and contact this person by U2U, to see if you can speak to them and / or aid them in any way. should you be so concerned.

In kevinunknown's defense I have smoked a little green today.

other than that... I am a very regular dude.

I don't expect people to believe what I believe.

I hate the fact I believe some of the things I do... but based off all
my studies and research, I gotta call it the way I see it.

I don't go out and preach the truth to everybody because they are not ready
for it. Nor would I be able to fit into society very well.

maybe kevinunknown doesn't believe in God and that's why he wrote what he wrote:

But let me say this: Don't discourage people to write on ATS no matter how
ridiculous their ideas might appear to be.

We are not spreading ignorance... we are BRAINSTORMING.
If everybody in a brainstorming group was afraid to throw out
ideas, it wouldn't be a very successful brainstorming session.

If you are so afraid of people catching the the "ignorance" plague.... Then I
got news for you: I should be the least of your worries.

edit on 27-3-2011 by Doomsday 2029 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by TechVampyre
Not trying to take away from your post.. But maybe after this 2012 business is over with, And December 21'st finally rolls around, and nothing happing's.. Maybe that is when we will start seeing the changes we seek..

I have my own theory i have developed over time.. maybe on December 21st 2012 the entire world will stop, Wars will stop..Violence will stop.. People won't disagree with one another.. And we will all just stand together and wait too die..

And when nothing happing's.. Maybe we will wake up and realize we gave peace a chance..and it worked..

Fear maybe the the only truth YOU see.. But Change is the only truth I see.. And we are in desperate need of it, More now then ever before..

I see I have been misunderstood...

I am not a 2012 believer. (but nor have I dismissed anything about the
12-21-12 date either... I'm still open minded on that subject)

I was just saying our fears could cause an explosion the size of that
Yellowstone eruption in the movie 2012.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I hear ya.I have thought this for years, we have to quit being afraid, there is nothing to fear but fear itself. Lindsey Williams has a video series which explains how the elite run the world and plan on keeping us in perpetual war and fear,they are in control of almost everything these days. We don't know what the governments are hiding, we can't believe the media, the world is going down the tubes fast and the only way I see to turn it around is put your faith in Jesus and hope he straightens these satanists out.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I did not misunderstand the op.. I was just adding my two cents.. About how I feel about fear being the only "truth"..

edit on 27-3-2011 by TechVampyre because: Correction

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Two concepts I try to always remember:

*Self-fulfilling prophecy is a real phenomena and must always be kept in mind

*Truth is relative

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Aha but your avatar suggests otherwise. This is my point of the alter ego. it is perception.

You may well be rational in you day to day life. But you avatar is certainly anything but.

In fact it is. A gun toting ape with an attitude

We digress.

I take the point that conspiracies are dangerous for people with mental issues. I would raise you that and say that conspiracies are bad for mentality full stop. However we are all supposed to be adults here. And this is life. There are many things that will screw with your mind. This just happens to be one of them,

However, if you need to absolve your conscience, by stating your case in the manner that you do, on a matter that could well be very sensitive. then at least do so in a private manner with the person over whom you have concerns. More over if you take the tack that the other person is not in fact mentally ill, but having some fun,. maybe it is just a laugh to call them out in such a fashion. The danger lays in that you just don't know. and COULD be doing some real damage. There is very little that can be done, no matter how much people here think they can help, by sitting in front of a screen looking at works, without inflection or body language.

But again I state this is not your place, to call it as you see it. if you are a mental health professional. You are acting irresponsibly and unprofessionally from behind a mask of anonymity

If not, but if you consider yourself to be somewhat of an authority on the subject, I suggest that you realize this is not the place for such activities. no matter how much it clears your conscience.

My point here has been made very clear, You an I obviously disagree on some fundamental issues here.

Doesn't make you a bad person though. and nor I.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Fair enough, looks like we have to agree to disagree,

See you around.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Doomsday 2029

DD2029

In no way am I discouraging anyone from posting on ATS. I am suggesting that they be careful and mindful of what they do post. Especially when aiming their comments at a person, in a personal way.

I would hate to think that anything I had said had caused someone to do themselves harm.

It does happen.

Anyway. Glad you are good with it, so I will move on to something else that is of interest.

My crusade is finished

Kevin,

BTW, I am totally crazy me, must be to hang around here. and you know what. I am not going to seek help just to annoy you!

edit on 27/3/2011 by JakiusFogg because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Awesome post 2029!
I too have been working on this & you just handed me a big piece of the puzzle.
Fear is a primal instinct that directly accesses the so-called 'Narrow Path' between conscious & subconscious mind, the grey area between awake & asleep. Fear is not the only means of affecting this area; the area where reality itself can be manipulated... but in the hands of the wrong people its an incredibly powerful tool.

The game is almost up once you realise that you have nothing to fear but fear itself!
"Rise like lions" just took on a new meaning, especially once you understand that the manipulation can work in reverse.

Great stuff! S+F

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Kevin is absolutely right. This is not "breaking news" and the OP has certainly not "discovered the truth." He may have finally found his own belly button, but that's about it. The really unfortunate thing about the conspirational mindeset is that they don't believe anything anyone tells them--unless it's a conspiracy, in which case they believe anything anoyone tells them. You are prey to people like David Icke. You think other people are the sheeple when it is you whop are going Baa baa at any conspiracy that comes along.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

I'm not going to upset by any comments who has this in their signature:

9/11 conspiracies Just An Excuse for American Weakness?

I now see that Kevin hasn't even begun to open his eyes.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
DD2029

So my question is this: What happens when everybody is afraid that the world will come to an end? I'll tell you what will happen: Our Fears will manifest into this:

OK

Kevin

Nothing you have wrote is true, there is not one word of truth in this entire thread it’s just a mush of ignorant conspiracies all mashed in together with a pinch of your own paranoid believes to articulate your delusional reality.

Reality

So it is not true that fear can manifest itself as self destruction? that the mentally ill can be pushed to extreme irrationality?

It called: Self Fulfilling Prophecy

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Doomsday 2029

I find it funny how people always mention that signature yet never actually comment on the thread itself.

Why?

Because it is a good thread with a solid argument and no one can argue against it other than to use the title to make me out to be some kind of American hater. That thread is about much much more than the title.

Let’s put it like this, the aforementioned thread of mine that you are criticizing without reading is more logical and “sane” than this thread. After this thread I don’t think you are in any position to criticize any of my threads, just like the guy who wrote a thread about dolphins starting the recent earthquake in Japan, the guy who said his phone was taking pictures of its self, the other one who thought the world was going to end based on a Simpsons episode and the hundreds of users who taught the Galactic federation of light was going to destroy the plant. Oh and operation black jack, I guess ATS is just a crazy place and I am here to bring some sanity to proceedings.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join