It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who were you???

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Who were you?
not who are you...
I have done some thinking on reincarnation...I feel as though I've been here before.Both of my children have made odd comments about lives they have lived before the age of 4(in this life)...My daughter talked about taking care of her father when he was a baby.My son is older and I wish I would have wrote down his comments but I remember thinking Wow were did that come from....

I don't believe I was ever a celebrity or someone of great importance...Just a hard working soul trying to make it...I thought just for fun we could write down what we think we might have been and why...

I think one time I was well of and a tall Blondie woman who died in her 20s in a car crash /due to /a dream.

I feel as though I may have been in the Holocaust/because as a child when it was mentioned in school I would cry and the teachers made me exempt from have to learn about it due to my weakness.Now I am stronger and am able to read and learn of it....

I feel I was a slave/ because equality is so important to me....

I think I'v been a monkey and a ladybug/just because I love them so...

Just for fun who were you and why?

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Nothing. I never existed until now.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
skilled trade-craftsman-artist

My mom was in town recently, I asked her about when she knew I was able to draw- She told me when I was 3 years old she was trying to teach me to write my name, and when she let me do it myself for the first time, I drew a picture of a duck like daffy duck or something, she said she couldnt believe how good it was and went out and got me paints and brushes and all that.

Obviously its a skill I've always had, even today, I bairly nurture the skill, in fact in the last couple years I have bairly picked up a pencil, but when I do it comes out just as good as ever- it just... comes!

I dont think I was anyone famous, but definately a trained artist.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
When I was about 3 or so, I told my mother and grandmother that my real name was Elot. My grandmother had a recurring dream all of her life about an old lady at the entrance to a cave and above the cave was inscribed the word 'ASTARTE'.

I have met quite a few people in my life that I get the feeling that I've known before, but I know I've never met. When I relate to them this feeling, they usually acknowledge the same feeling.

When we die, our true selves are sucked into a tube, ran through a sieve, and re-implanted into a new husk to start all over again. Soon we will be rescued.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by lo7s3v3n7ol

we rescue ourselves-

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by el1jah

Thank-you for your post!!
This is exactly what I mean.Skills we have or feeling that are not related to this time period or life...

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I was an indian outlaw who was hated by the white men cause I was indian and was hated by indians b/c I talked to the white men. I believed in equality even during the wars. But I still killed many pale faces for their double tongues and wickedness.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I was a child of 7 or so. I was murded by my drunk stepdad, and left in the back seat of a 65 mercury. I was just a kid, but I obviously seem to casue most trouble as a kid.

I've been privy to where and when I am going whence this life's donel

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by zbeliever
reply to post by el1jah

This is exactly what I mean.Skills we have or feeling that are not related to this time period or life...

Why shouldn't they be? Stop making stuff up in your head. You are who you are.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by lo7s3v3n7ol

Interesting Elot!!!
I have been told by a very close friend that we go around with the same souls, but in different roles.I think Edgar Casey also thought this...

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
That is a very awesome question and I feel compelled to reply.

Personally, I remember a few past lives, not just one. I even remember being killed. I am not sure why I was killed so much, but I was.

I also remember standing near the Great Pyramids, which is odd for me, since i have never left the continent. When I watch Egyptian documentaries, I always see the ruins as they were before they were ruins. It's a very awesome experience as if I am taking a trip down memory lane.

So yes, I believe I have been around for more than a few spells, and my soul is very old.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
When I was child, I also did odd things, as did my children when they were very young. Despite my upbringing in a strict Baptist atmosphere (which I no longer associate with), I have come to belief over the years that once we were created, we have always "been". No telling how that's been. Since the beginning of time, maybe?

I, for one, would really like to find someone who can tap into that and tell me who I've been RECENTLY before this life, but the sheer mass of frauds out there make me leery, and I'd never know if they were being truthful or not....unless they told me things that I simply couldn't ignore. I think we all carry things from previous lives, and I also think we dream of previous lives, and even future lives.

Here's a deep thought for you....what if all our previous lives are being lived out around us at this very moment, where time only exists for us individually? In other words, collectively, there is no time, and all our lives can exist simultaneously. So we encounter past and even future versions of ourselves every time we interact with another human. It's all us....one person. I had a dream in which I was "informed" of this by someone of a spiritual nature, where it was proven to me in the dream in a profound way, and I never forgot it. I could have never made that up on my own, because I just don't think that way, so imagine how awestruck I was to contemplate this. I still contemplate it, and it's been a couple of years since I had that dream. So when someone I encounter makes me really angry, I try to remind myself that they are another me.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Vicarious10000

May I asked ...how do you know you were and Indian?...I believer you were ,just want to know how you found out.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by SpiritualStar

Wow !
That's how I feel about the holocaust...It took me years to be able to watch WWII movies...

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
i have had apparently had 21 incarnations thus far, most of which i was some sort of warrior in them. Some of these races of people i cannot identify simply due to my lack of historical knowledge regarding peoples around the world. Of those i can identify are an American Indian from the early 1800s, a samurai from approx. the 1600s and, which i think is the most strange, a policeman from sometime in the future in Tokyo !

i only believe i have been here 21 times previously as i met a psychic lady who told me many things about my life which only i know to be true and she describe my past life dreams in great details, dreams which i have never told to anyone.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by zbeliever

The indian way is branded deep within my soul and ways of life. My understanding of nature, and the planet. But what really puts the icing on the cake for me is that my soul told me.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Gseven

Which means that You are Me at some-other time answering this question.Right?

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Just to give this thread another post, I'll add what I've been told and while it's not first hand, I know the one who told me who I was. My spiritual teacher I guess you could say that only told me the bare bones while I find the 'meat'. But to state what I was going to, I was a Japanese samurai , an Aboriginal, and an Egyptian goddess. Past lives are interesting to delve into but when you still have the ego attached, it becomes an utter nightmare as you feel yourself unworthy being a pasty white boy 'here to help the Earth' and you see the marvels of your past lives.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by PoorFool

Originally posted by zbeliever
reply to post by el1jah

Why shouldn't they be? Stop making stuff up in your head. You are who you are.

Thats the thing, who we are is more than the sum of experiences from the single lifetime....thats why we all seem to be a little different in nature, even as babies.

For instance, if it be true that all our knowledge has come from experience, then it is sure that that which we never experienced we cannot imagine or understand. As soon as chickens are hatched they begin to pick up food. Many times it has been seen, where ducks have been hatched by hens, that, as soon as they came out of the eggs they flew to water, and the mother thought they would be drowned. If experience be the only source of knowledge, where did these chickens learn to pick up food, or the ducklings that the water was their natural element? If you say it is instinct, it means nothing � it is simply giving a word, but is no explanation. What is this instinct? We have many instincts in ourselves. For instance, most of you ladies play the piano, and remember, when you first learned, how carefully you had to put your fingers on the black and the white keys, one after the other, but now, after long years of practice, you can talk with your friends while your fingers play mechanically. It has become instinct. So with every work we do; by practice it becomes instinct, it becomes automatic; but so far as we know, all the cases which we now regard as automatic are degenerated reason. In the language of the Yogi, instinct is involved reason. Discrimination becomes involved, and gets to be automatic Samskaras. Therefore it is perfectly logical to think that all we call instinct in this world is simply involved reason. As reason cannot come without experience, all instinct is, therefore, the result of past experience. Chickens fear the hawk, and ducklings love the water; these are both the results of past experience. Then the question is whether that experience belongs to a particular soul, or to the body simply, whether this experience which comes to the duck is the duck's forefathers' experience, or the duck's own experience. Modern scientific men hold that it belongs to the body, but the Yogis hold that it is the experience of the mind, transmitted through the body. This is called the theory of reincarnation.

Swami Vivekananda - The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali II

I never believed in reincarnation, no friggen way I was all for the single lifetime, but at some point it just falls apart- Makes no sense! I had to give in at some point to the fact that if it is true- it changes nothing about who I am- If it isnt true- it changes nothing about who I am.

What does matter is that what I do now DOES have a relation to tomorrow, that which I have done is who am now, how long the deed is done doesnt matter.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I think I may have been JFK, haha. I know it sounds ridiculous, but I have a strange emotional attachment to John F. Kennedy ... perhaps it's just a tragic story ... or maybe something deeper.

In all seriousness, I am not sure what it means .. all I know is what I feel.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join