It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin slams West for 'medieval crusade'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Putin slams West for 'medieval crusade'

www.news.com.au

"To me, it resembles some sort of medieval call to crusade when someone would appeal to someone to go to a certain place and free someone else."

The Russian prime minister also lashed out at the "steady trend" of US military intervention around the world, accusing Washington of acting without conscience.

"I am concerned about the ease with which the decision to use force was taken," Putin was quoted as saying in reference to the current international campaign in Libya.

Noting that the US had already involved itself in the former Yugoslavia, Afghanistan and Iraq, Putin added: "N
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
He has a point, and it's one that has been discussed on here before - the US and their allies (although I use the term loosely) are not concerned about democracy, there are concerned with economic imperialism, and have shown this by their reticence to go into war torn countries, which have little in the way of oil or other resources.

The alarming part of this, is that Putin is allegedly using western acts against other sovereign nations to justify a huge re-armament programme, second only to the US in terms of the amount to be spent - the major difference is like to be that Russia will get better value for money, as they don't have the ridiculous procurement procedures that exist in the corrupt western military industrial complex...

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Already a thread

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
O good one ! Here we go ! Whenz this "knife" fight gonna be over ? Why dont we all go down the corner and rumble and have it out... Geez does anyone remember the word peace ?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Funny that Russia could have blocked the UN resolution and didn't do so. Putin should have said something before !

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

Alert the mods then - although it's perfectly acceptable to have a story in 2 different forums, as most here already know...

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vio1ion
Funny that Russia could have blocked the UN resolution and didn't do so. Putin should have said something before !

The five permanent member nations of the UN Security Council also happen to be the five biggest arms dealers in the world.

By abstaining from the vote they are basically signalling to Gadaffi that they are open for business in selling him arms to combat the actions by the other members.

It's all about divide and conquer and making sure there are divisions.

That is not to say any one of the five permanent member nations are right in their actions, to vote for, against, abstain or veto these things, but each has an angle to play. Whether it be for control of the resources of Libya, control of Gadaffi's money, or to sell arms and technical and logistical support, each of the five members will look for some way individually to 'make' or 'gain' something through the tragedy, and each will attempt to put a face on it in a way to justify it to the people of their nation and to posture in a way internationally that the divisions and conflicts are sure to continue.

In a world ruled by an 'order through chaos' divide and conquer principle, using Hegelian thinking as far as outcomes nothing any of the leading nations do is designed to make sense, or end conflicts, or achieve peace, but more war, and more control through the chaos of war.

Unfortunately the people are trained into believing that these handful of people have the ultimate and lawful say in these things and abdicate their own individual responsibilities to put an end to these rediculous charades through grass root activities that they have been trained to believe will have no effect anyway.

Amazingly most people imagine there is some kind of democratic process going on here, even though only a very, very small number of people have any kind of vote or say in the process.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by budski

Get ready it's really going to get interesting... talk of increasing his military strength .... personally i think this will spark something much larger....

yeah i know DOOM and GLOOM ... but i just have a bad feeling about this situation

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by budski

I think these interventions in Arab nations, which the US and its allies have been involved with are a disgrace personaly. Yes, Iraq was headed by a psychopathic piece of walking genetic waste, with all the moral fortitude of a half brick, and yes, Afghanistan was home to the Taliban, and Christ alone knows what other terror cells, not a man of whom would think twice before blowing a western baby clear out of its pram.
However, in comparison with the decades, and decades, and ever lasting DECADES of war and rebellion in Dafur, Chad, or in comparison with the situation in the Ivory Coast and Somalia, the nations which have suffered invasion and occupation by allied forces (under which ever name , coallition, The West, or whatever) have been saintly and totaly chilled.
If the US cared a fig for the saftey of people in dictatorial nations, or in nations which support outmoded and frankly sick reasons for killing a prisoner (for instance, death sentences for those who worship different gods to the leadership of the nation) then they would be up in Chinas face for a start, they would have turned North Korea to glass and Somalia would have been invaded and occupied to prevent the capture of sailors and ships by pirates. Another thing that humanitarian motives would have had them do, is put a manned barricade between Israel and Palestine, and prevent ALL military operations by either side.
None of these things have happened. In fact, it seems unless you are living in Arabia , you arent capable of annoying the US or its warband followers enough to bother with.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Putin's comments highlight something that quietly trots around my head.

I keep thinking that the money wasted on warfare despite the fact it makes certain manufacturers wealthy etc is being channeled into that because there is an agenda ensuring it is not invested elsewhere improving mankind.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
He initially backed the arms embargo against tripoli and then his country abstained from voting against the right to use force to stop gadafahi from killing the rebels. Am I the only one that finds him changing his stance whenever it suits him a bit hypocritical?

What "midevil crusade" are we talking about when russia under stalin conquered all of central and eastern europe as well as the majority of central asia BY FORCE? Why does he criticise "the west" for being imperialist when his predecessors did the same and worst?

I am not saying he is totally wrong in what he says, I am saying he is exaggerating the truth and forgetting what russia did the last 50-100 years. As if it is not obvious...........yeah double your military strength so we can start WW3 probably with Israel as the excuse. Dumb ass!

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
This event elevates itself to 'crusade' status only if we agree that it is for the worship of oil, weapons, and empire.

Uh.... wait.....

He may be on to something.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
USA doesn't give a rats ass about libya. The only reason they went along with the plan was to repay the brits and french the favor for helping them attack iraq and afghanistan. The american president did not say this directly but it is taken for granted imo and that is why they are playing a supportive role rather than a leading role.

Nevermind the fact that USA has a $12+ trillion deficit. Wake up people and stop blaming america and Israel for everything. It has nothing to do with nationalities and everything to do with money, money, money AND CONTROL!

How are you going to sell weapons if peace becomes reality? Isn't that why the ATF allows mexican drug lords to be armed with ak-47s...to maintain instability?! Crazy world we live in and the insanity will continue until we leave this wretched planet to settle somewhere else.
edit on 22-3-2011 by EarthCitizen07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by budski

The alarming part of this, is that Putin is allegedly using western acts against other sovereign nations to justify a huge re-armament programme, second only to the US in terms of the amount to be spent - the major difference is like to be that Russia will get better value for money, as they don't have the ridiculous procurement procedures that exist in the corrupt western military industrial complex...

I can't fault Russia for that..
The US is good at finding excuses to liberate countries they don't already control IF the have abundant natural resources..
Russia fits the bill nicely...

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

And you're forgetting that Russia is no longer the titular head of the USSR, that the world is completely different than when Stalin was in power, and that western nations have been doing this for ECONOMIC gain for well over 300 years.

If you're going to drag up the past, drag up all of it.

edit on 22/3/2011 by budski because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by budski

It's actually closer to 3,000 years, ever since Rome started expanding through conquest and financing it through the rape of the lands and the people they conquested.

Eventually it morphed into the present statist system of conquest but the reality is a very methodical process of eliminating and disinheriting all first nations peoples took the better part of 2,500 years and now that the first nations peoples are gone, those who oversaw the conquests in certain areas are being eliminated and reordered in a similiarly violent process of homogenizing the world into one world systems and lifestyles, laws, politics, commerce and religion.

Yet the truth is if we all had our druthers we would seek out a much more tribal lifestyle amongst like minded people in a system much more reflective of what the first nations people had that the Romanization of the world destroyed.

We have been methodically trained to accept certain inescapable things such as taxation and imprisonment for failure to abide by the constructs of the system, and to praise the system and its virtues and to find some notions of superiority and validation through it, but the vast majority of all us would prefer to live in a radically different world than the one being violently imposed on us.

Rather than actually pursue the lives we really would prefer, we now simply hope by and large to be indoctrinated and part of the 'winning' system that comes out on top as our best hope for any kind of peace and prosperity.

A peace that has elluded us for thousands of years, and a prosperity that has escaped us for thousands of years through this insane system we have all been forced to accept, partake in, and praise the virtues of or face dire consequences for not doing so.

That peace and prosperity is no closer today than it was on day one of all this madness.

There is no winning in this insane system and anyone who imagines anyone is or can is simply a fool.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by budski

I can't fault Russia for that..
The US is good at finding excuses to liberate countries they don't already control IF the have abundant natural resources..
Russia fits the bill nicely...

Nor me - he has evey right to be worried about what the rest of the world see's as naked aggression on the part of some western countries.

The problem is, you just KNOW that certain western nations will use this as an excuse to start another "cold war" and spend even more of their hard earned deficit on arms and newr and better ways to kill people.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
And then Putin's own president Medvedev - who is supposed to be in charge of foreign relations for Russia - tells Putin it was dumb to say something like that.

Reuters

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

And I will say why stop at rome and not go back all the way to babylonia? Its true that humans are smarter than animals but if we say we are inheritantly non-violent then I think we would be delluding ourselves. Allegedly babylonia(modern day iraq and syria) was were it all started several thousand years before christ.

I think modern man was "forged" from primitive man by alien influence...at least if you believe the ancient astronaut version of history. In other words our primitive dna was mixed with nephelim dna.

Saying its all romes fault equates to dropping the ball and painting a false picture of mankind.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Only because Medvedev has ambitions to replace him, and as a consequence has been sucking up to western nations for quite some time, telling them what they want to hear, and "abstaining" from voting in the hope that at some point in the furutre he will get a quid pro quo in the form of support for himself.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join