It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The sunken Continent of the Tamil

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Please - keep the info coming. Feeds my belief system quite nicely.

Seriously - great stuff.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
The Noah deluge happened in 2270 BC I know because I created a Biblical time line. Sunken cities exist everywhere but no major publicity is given to them. Thankyou for this report

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Could you put some links up on this subject in general?

reply to post by TheIrishJihad

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
This is the first time I have heard of this thank you for broadening my horizons. Now I have something to add to my research list.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
On the Tamil language, Dr. Pillai states it comes from Sanskrit.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Interesting name, Sanat. Did you happen to read my posts on Page 6 of this thread?

Anacalypsis: An Attempt to Draw Aside the Veil of the Saitic Isis...

"Dr. Babington says,

"I cannot touch on the Tamil characters without remarking, that their extreme simplicity seems one among many circumstances which indicate that the language is of high antiquity. The Sanscrit of the South of India is written in characters (the Grant'ha) derived from the Tamil."

"The learned Doctor then proceeds to give reasons for the Tamil having an independent origin, at least equal in antiquity to the Sanscrit itself."

– Godfrey Higgins

edit on 24-3-2011 by Tamahu because: added link

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Sanat

I'll try. Most of what I know on the subject has been gathered from different books by a myriad of authors. Since Im kinda new to this site give me a few and Ill try to come up with some solid links for you.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheIrishJihad
reply to post by Sanat

I'll try. Most of what I know on the subject has been gathered from different books by a myriad of authors. Since Im kinda new to this site give me a few and Ill try to come up with some solid links for you.

It would be nice if there was a way to read them online.

I am not sure how much the Indian Government has done to facilitate this.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Hi,
Very informative thread. I want to give one possible reason for the name "Lemuria". There is a word in Tamil (pronounced Thamizh) called "Ilaamuri" (இலாமுரி) which is a kingdom north of Sumatra (Current Malaysia). The Arabians called it "Laamuri" which means "Lemuria" is a name for the lost land in the South East Asia.The word "Kumari Kandam" also relates to the same area.

IMO. There is no continent that Connected southern part of India Madagascar and Australia. But there was a large continent that connected all of South East Asia and Australia as pointed out by Shadow Herder. The reason for the cultural similarities are after the deluge that consumed a lot of land. the people moved north through Burma (Myanmar) into India. I am still early in the research into this subject so I don't know exactly when this happened. But if I have to guess it would be at the end of the last great Ice Age.

There is a passage in Silappathikaaram.
பஃறுளி யாற்றுடன் பன்மலை யடுக்கத்துக்
குமரிக் கோடுங் கொடுங்கடல் கொள்ள
Which says that tsunami took away a place called kumarik kottam which contained the pahruli river and a mountain range. The best possible place to look for this is Bali sea. Because Pahruli could mean Bali in tamil.

Also Tamil History talks about 3 Sangam Period. And the first Sangam period talks of Madurai. Which again points to Sumathra island. The first Sangam lasted 4440 before 7000 BC. Where 4449 Poets and linguist researched tamil language and also the first tamil grammer rule book called "Akaththiyam" (அகத்தியம்) written by Sage Akathiyar was first presented in this Sangam period. (Source)
Also note that there are 3 sangam and all 3 of them had a very close relationship with cities named Madura.
Which again confers with the notion that Tamil people came to South India from South East Asia.
First Sangam: Sumathra (Madurai)
Second Sangam: Mathura (Could be Lord Krishna's city)
Third Sangame: Madurai, Tamil Naadu (Capital of Pandia Kingdom)

So all this shows that the Tamil could have originated in South East Asia.

Thank you for reading.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
this is fascinating i love history and mythology cant wait till some1 finds more info on this great stuff i enjoyed reading it

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Absolutely great thread and subjects.
Unconventional history need everyone's support, and as long as it is being researched via scientific methods we still stand a chance of re-writing pre"ancient" history.

Humbling, isn't it?
Thanks.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I normally just lurk but I had to post a reply to this. Great thread!

Coincidentally just hours before finding this thread I had been reading a book about rasayana of the ancient Tamil.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Alushe

Rasayana = Alchemy, or at least a particular aspect of Alchemy.

I'd first seen the said Sanskrit terminology Rasayana in the book Sky Dancer: The Secret Life and Songs of the Lady Yeshe Tsogyel.

I'm also very interested in the history and culture of the Tamils.

Would you please tell us the name of the book that you read?

edit on 26-3-2011 by Tamahu because: edited link

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Very interesting thread. Really enjoyed reading about all the ancient towers and giant details.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

S & F
Another bit of our possible lost past from the Ice Age melt off

The following animation is from Part- 3 of my Origins of Atlantis/Lemuria Myths Part-1 and Part-2
series.

Watch the various coast lines grow and recede while the oceans rise fall over the last 200,000 years.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/46dbdd5dafd9.gif[/atsimg]
edit on 21-3-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

Clearly you are not aware of Atlantean lore. The story specifically indicates a catastrophic flooding/sinking of the continent, not simply an overtime rise in sea levels. The catastrophe was caused by anthropogenic causes(weaponry) of unknown technology. Natural sea level fluctuations have ZIP to do with this moment of theoretical history.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ewok_Boba
The catastrophe was caused by anthropogenic causes(weaponry) of unknown technology.

Hercolubus (not to be confused with "Nibiru"):

Final Catastrophe

The End of the Kali Yuga

Alcyone and Negative Emotions

A New Heaven and Earth: Purification Day of the Hopi Prophecies

edit on 26-3-2011 by Tamahu because: edited link

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by vanthiyathevan

Hi,

You are wrong on the meaning of Lemuria being connected to "Ilaamuri".
"Lemuria" is a coined word. It was coined by Philip Sclater, and it does have connections to monkeys, to be precise - Lemurs.

The anomalies of the Mammal fauna of Madagascar can best be explained by supposing that... a large continent occupied parts of the Atlantic and Indian Oceans... that this continent was broken up into islands, of which some have become amalgamated with... Africa, some... with what is now Asia; and that in Madagascar and the Mascarene Islands we have existing relics of this great continent, for which... I should propose the name Lemuria!
Source - Wikipedia.org

What you are undergoing is a case of deliberate literal Pareidolia!!
You have the need to associate Lemuria, which is a coined term, to Illamuri which is an ancient name of some kingdom. so you do it, deliberately.
hmmm...carry on!!

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by vanthiyathevan
Hi,
Very informative thread. I want to give one possible reason for the name "Lemuria". There is a word in Tamil (pronounced Thamizh) called "Ilaamuri" (இலாமுரி) which is a kingdom north of Sumatra (Current Malaysia). The Arabians called it "Laamuri" which means "Lemuria" is a name for the lost land in the South East Asia.The word "Kumari Kandam" also relates to the same area.

This is an interesting theory considering that Shadow Herder showed that the ancient texts may be referring to the land elevation in Malaysia and not south of India.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by summerbreeze.ddp

Did you read it carefully.. now it shows

The ages see a gradual decline of dharma, wisdom, knowledge, intellectual capability, life span, emotional and physical strength.

Satya Yuga:- Virtue reigns supreme. Human stature was 21 cubits. Average human lifespan was 100,000 years.
Treta Yuga: - There was 3 quarter virtue & 1 quarter sin. Normal human stature was 14 cubits. Average human lifespan was 10,000 years.
Dwapar Yuga: - There was 1 half virtue & 1 half sin. Normal human stature was 7 cubits. Average human lifespan was 1000 years.
Kali Yuga: - There was 1 quarter virtue & 3 quarter sin. Normal human stature was 3.5 cubits. Average human lifespan will be 100 years. Towards the end of the Yuga this will come down to 20 years.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Just making a comment so i can find tomorrow, I've been looking for more on this topic for a while now thank you.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join