It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

THE SIEGE-Federal Reserve Protests Beginning March 24

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   
How are you guys gonna "Stop people from entering?" Would that not cause police involvement?

I would be happy to join, but there are no Fed's relatively close to where I am presently.

As a side note, if Anon are so bad ass, why doesn't one of them just hack the Feds, or Wall Street?
edit on 3/16/2011 by WraithXV because: Added third line.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Protesting the blatant corruption of such an ingrained and well connected organisation is a valiant task to put before oneself, but I fear this will end terribly if you do this under the banner of 'Anonymous'.

All that will end up as, is a bunch of Cannon Fodder leaping to 'action' that will easily turn into their arrests for being there as advocate members of 'Anonymous', the organisation that has only recently declared war on the corrupted US Government (or have people forgot that?) thereby coming under the broad terminology: 'terrorist' I'm sure.
You'll all be dragged away kicking and screaming, but dragged away nevertheless...someone remind me - how many got to even speak to a lawyer at Guantanamo again? Some of them that have been there years haven't even committed a crime, they were simply suspected of one.

Think! If you're going to do something like this, don't go associating yourself with a name that will get you instantly and, arguably legitimately, arrested on the spot.

I too think this smells like a ploy to get those who claim to be 'anons' out in the open.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Sandrokuptos

It's on March 28th. The main goal is to form a picket line in front of the Federal Reserve, not allowing anyone to enter the building. People who are already inside will be allowed out, but nobody will be allowed in. I highly encourage anyone who lives near a Fed location to join this movement. It can only be successful if a lot of people participate

Um......seriously?

While it is a noble cause, you can't obstruct people's ability to move freely without getting arrested. The police will use force to get you out of the way. This will be a situation where people can get hurt and will they will be arrested.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
If such a protest does take place it would be interesting to see how the news channels report on the event, given the number of protesters that actually show up. My guess is they would focus on any violence from groups and skim over the whole reason for the protest in the first place. I also think they may be ''undercover's'' to start mini riots etc.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
this is the driving philosophy behind the bankster owners:
a german translation from the puppet master themselves:
3. Debt economy
The precalled straw is in the course of this century (19. Jhr.) to the perfection developed debt slavery and interest slavery. It is especially interesting in the following executions that they describe not only the way in the debt slavery, but also that way which would drive out again:
We will begin to establish immense mono Pole, containers of immense wealth on which even the big property of our brothers will be very dependent that they must perish, together with the loan of the states, during the day after the political breakdown....
We have caused economic crises to the damage of opposing states merely by Zurückziehung of the money from the circulation (deflation). Big capitals were piled up by us and were took away thus from the state which was made by us take these same capitals as a loan of us. The states load this loan with interest and did them languid slaves of the banks. Every state loan proves weakness and a lack of understanding for the rights of the state. Loans hang like a sword of Damocles over the heads of the citizens. Instead of raising a contemporary tax from her subjects, they come with outstretched hands beg to our bank men.Foreign loans are like leech; there is no possibility to remove them from the state body, until they drop by itself or the state shakes off them. But she shakes off the democratic states not, but form all the time new ones, so that they must perish without fail, weakens from the voluntary bloodletting. What is a loan, especially a foreign, differently than Blutabzapfung?
It is an issue of debentures which contain an interest obligation, according to the sum of the lending capital. If the loan is in 5 percent, the state in twenty years has paid a loan of the same sum to interest for nothing, in sixty years the triple one;and always the guilt still remains unpaid. Afterwards it is clear that the state draws only the last pfennigs of poor taxpayer to fulfil the demand of rich strangers from whom he has borrowed money instead of collecting these pfennigs for his own purposes without coming interest. As long as the loans were internal, the deceitful politicians put only her money from the pockets of the arms in those of the empires; after we bought, however, the authoritative persons to accommodate abroad the loans, all prosperity of the states flowed into our cashes and the people began to pay to us the subject's tribute. Her lands have done the superficiality of the democratic rulers concerning state affairs and the corruptibility of the ministers or the lack of understanding for financial matters on the part of other ruling persons debtors of our treasury by such height, that the page the fact that the debts can be paid impossibly. How clearly is expressed the undeveloped mental strength of the stupid, raw brains in the fact that they took up loans with interest obligation with us without thinking ever that they must take, nevertheless, the same sums plus the interest sums from her own state pockets if they want to satisfy us. What would have been easier, as that they took the required money of own people and save the interest?... But if the comedy is to an end, one notices that one has been charged only one increased guilt. To be able to pay the interest, they must take shelter to the new loans which raise the capital guilt. And if this loan is exhausted, one must cover by new taxes – not the loan, but only their interest. These taxes are a guilt, around another to cover guilt.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I for one will not be there for the simple fact that I'm in the UK, speaking for someone in my position it should be clear to any of you going that somewhere like the Fed or any other central Bank that they will have a contingency site so that 'should' anything happen to to the main building they can decamp and head to their backup site.
I know we would in that position if we had enough forewarning of a demonstration or protest.

Plus for anyone that IS going all I can advise it that be on your best behaviour and keep a sharp lookout for ANYONE trying to cause trouble, could be a agent provocateur trying to give the Police a reason to hand out a a$$whooping and you KNOW they'd jump at any reason to do that.

Please PLEASE if you see ANYONE attempting to cause trouble , get everyone to surround them, strip them naked and then hand them onto the police, that way you teach them, or anyone comtemplating making trouble against it as not only will they be arrested that the people will also embarass them so they do not make the same mistake twice.

My hats off you to you all who end up going. good luck, your going to need it.

Plus I really hate the term Banker, as I am one, I think anyone who should be made a pariah in the Banking world then it should be the BANK EXECS as they are the ones that have caused the mess and as most of the staff are simply 'office clerks' who have no input of the economy working either to keep food on their families tables or there because its a job, I for one do not like my job and thats all it is, a job, I for one do not get huge bonuses nor am I on large amounts of wages ( just enough to pay the bills)( like any other office worker) so please do not blame me personally for the problems we're ALL in..

edit on 16/3/11 by DataWraith because: added last paragraph.

edit on 16/3/11 by DataWraith because: added extra text

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
you go guys!! They need a good wake-up call. just be careful or its GITMO for you

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I wish I would be able to do it. Good luck to all those who participate, you're going to need it!

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Sandrokuptos

good luck. and i hope you dont get yourself killed getting in the way of there money. you know thats all the government thinks about

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   

New York Fed chief William Dudley – a 21-year vet of Goldman Sachs – stepped out of his bubble to explain Fed policy to real people in Queens.

It might not have been the first time Dudley attempted to gain the trust of the hoi polloi, but we’re pretty sure it’ll be the last. The details here were reported widely. We divined the scene from a Reuters report.

First Dudley swore up and down that inflation was no problem. “When was the last time, sir,” came a reply from the audience, “that you went grocery shopping?” Dudley boldly proceeded to explain the concept of “core CPI” – the cost-of-living measure designed for people who don’t eat or consume energy. We know firsthand how well that goes over.

Then in a brilliant stroke, he pointed to Apple’s shiny new iPad 2 to illustrate his point. “Today you can buy an iPad 2 that costs the same as an iPad 1 that is twice as powerful,” he gamely explained. “You have to look at the prices of all things.”

“I can’t eat an iPad,” someone yelled from the crowd.

"I can't eat an iPod" is probably one of the best quotes of this century. As far as the anonymous operation goes, I think there is much more going on here than meets the eye. What will be the consequences of all of this? Certainly there will be something to come from this but will it be good or bad?
edit on 16-3-2011 by boncho because: fix

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   

edit on 16-3-2011 by BiGGz because: del

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Both of them have good points. To truly understand the cost of comfortable living in a 1st-world-country, we really do have to look at the prices of all things.

But the prices of things that are truly necessary have been rising with a disproportionate increase in the normal income of people. "I can't eat an iPad" is a sloganable, true, and appropriate statement in the situation.

Fed-man there is correct, but completely missing the point, and so also wrong.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
While i can say that i WILL be present here in Boston, i will be doing so in an "anonymous" capacity.
First : while i have a great passion for issues like this and would love to take part i will be there with my camera and my vidoe phone to document the events...if any.
Second: while i am inspired by the meaning of an protest like this i am forced to concider the source, not that Anon is displaying a bad intention, just that we do not know what thier intention truly is. While reading this thread it occured to me that perhaps there is a group of people out there who wish to provoke "civil-disobedience" as a cover for a greater purpose, we all know that there are always the bad apples in the bunch.

It would not surprise me, IF these protest were large enough in any one location there would be the hooded/masked scourges (like the g20 summits in Canada) as portrayed breifly in the video posted in this thread...G20 -CBC The Fifth Estate 'You Should've Stayed at Home', which i have just learned is not available at that source anylonger

In any case...there were hooded/masked people breaking windows and causing panic, which "seemingly" force police to take action and detain and in some case brutally abuse the protesters and some people who were not even protesting (if any one can find that vid PLEASE link).

It would be in your best interest to concider the effects of such events America as there are those who use the events like that as a reason to further a more...direct, course of action.

Again take care and be mindful of your surroundings!
edit on 16-3-2011 by RadicalRebel because: i type to fast sry

edit on 16-3-2011 by RadicalRebel because: ssame as b4

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by RadicalRebel

The true goal of Anon is comedy. To amuse themselves. Their senses of humor are a bit difficult to comprehend; the attack on Scientology was a magnificently genuine bit of satire, or satirical bit of earnestness.

The true goal of the people hosting this protest is unknown to me. It's probably just what it says; to stop the Fed.

The true goal of the people calling this protest anon is to ride the coattails of Anon's recent "actions" and to make us think that everyone who ever wants change is part of anon, which is dumb.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Solasis

Anonymous have power. With YOU, they/we have more power.
YOU continually try to nail down "anonymous", but you continually fail. Why is that?
YOU say they are a "comedy" act, but yet, you can't define them. Tell me who they are.
Who are WE?
Knowledge IS power. Do YOU have knowledge? Are you willing to share it?

It is not that friggin difficult people. Learn the truth about the fed, but don't keep it a damn secret. Do your part, and remain....

anonymous.

Then you can be assured it is not just a comedy routine for the elite that have placed their bets that it IS just a comedy routine. For them.

All terms and conditions of ATS are met as well! Cheers!

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Stewie

Still, you continue to confuse Anonymous with anonymity. You're just trying way too hard.

I'm not trying to "nail-down" anonymous, I'm just trying to keep you from bastardizing the concept with your high-falutin' stupid ideas. Which is actually because you're a laughing... st... oooooh, I get it! Way to go, you really had me going.
edit on 16-3-2011 by Solasis because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Solasis

What concept? Please explain.

YOU are operating in "relative" anonymity, but you have no "cause" unlike anonymous,

or do you?

You have no argument, or at least, you have not made an affective one. Anonymous is a fight against THEM. What side are you on?

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Stewie

Oh, man, for a second there you ahd me thinking that you really WERE of the Chans and this was all an elaborate ruse. I was actually impressed with you!

(hint: I didn't and I wasn't.)

Anonymous HAS NO CAUSE. HOW DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND THIS. IT IS THE SIMPLEST THING IN THE WORLD. ANONYMOUS ARE PEOPLE ON THE INTERNET WHO PICK UP AND DISCARD CAUSES, MEMES, IDEAS, AND PICTURES OF BREASTS AS THEY WISH.

There is no unifying factor to Anonymous except for amusement. They gather together every once in a while in force when they see something that is funny/cool enough for them all to get behind. That is what resulted in Project Chanology, which was less an attack on brainwashing than an attack on bigger, weirder D-bags than them. It's what resulted in the Wikileaks Defense Crap, which was just a good, fun, popular idea at the time. Anonymous is not a fight against them. Anonymous is not anything but a large group of weirdos' idea of fun. And I say that as a weirdo who thinks their crap would be fun if I weren't so lazy. Anonymous doesn't care about "THEM" as a unit until doing so is funny.

This has NOTHING to do with Anonymous. Will there be people in it who would be Anon under other circumstances? Yes, yes there will. Will there be Guy Fawkes Masks? Probably, and worn by idiots or trolls. But these things are tangential and not key. Hell, if this protest gets called the work of Anonymous anywhere else, Anon is liable to go all-out on the protesters! And that would be hilarious.

And here is the key thing. Here is the absolutely truly key thing which you are completely missing.. Anonymous =/= anonymous. Anonymous is anonymous, but anonymous is not Anonymous. Just because people don't know who you are doesn't mean your Anonymous. It means you're anonymous.

And what the hell, I might as well say this. I am not a member of Anonymous. I'm just not a raving fool who doesn't know where his head is. I'm that atheist who has read the bible up against that Fundamentalist who once smelled it and used to watch Nestor the Donkey. I'm fighting a losing battle. But you know what, maybe I am a part of Anon... Because I'm doing it because it cracks me up.
edit on 16-3-2011 by Solasis because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Solasis

It appears we don't respect each other.
What do we have to discuss? Nothing.
Period. Good day.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Didnt read through the posts,too many.
But I read the title and opening paragraphs.

And I wish everyone going out luck,hats off to ya.
BUT,none of this is going to change anything.

The Fed will keep doing what its been doing,and nothings gonna stop it.
Definatly not protesters screaming while holding signs.

I dont really think people get it,were long past the point of no return,so sit back and enjoy the ride.
Its gonna be a hell of a ride.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join