It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

List of major UFO crashes in USSR/Russia and possible russian area 51 location.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
So, I've been here for a while posting some info in ATS threads concerning Russia. Guess it's time for me to start my first thread.

In soviet times the problem of UFOs was a no-no. For example, one of my relatives who took part in the battle of Kursk during WW2 told me there were mass ufo sightings during the climax of the battle, but everyone thought those were nazi aircraft. Rumours started spreading in the 70s with the development of the space program, but were not discussed on the TV or in the press. When Glastnost and Perestroika came there was an immense interest to the topic. A strange coincidense - as the USSR slowly collapsed, there were more and more mass UFO sightings every year. Thus ufology in Russia was born - and along with real keen minds who searched for the truth came a lot of rascals, who would make up stories just to make a name. There were so many of them, it is now hard to tell ufo mythology from real unexplained facts.

Anyway, there is a list of over 200 ufo crashes on the territory of the USSR that allegedly took place in the last century. This list can be found on almost every russian website dedicated to aliens and UFOs. So' I'll post some of the most interesting cases (and the ones that have some proofs to them) and then write where all these remains might be stored. Remember this information can not be verified - so take it with a pinch of salt.

1908 - The Tunguska event, one of the most famous alleged crashes.

1941 - a UFO crashed near Rostov-on-Don. The area was secured by what later became known as KGB. They had to bring in a lot of trucks to clear the area. According to the rumours the fragments were transferred to Kapustin Yar, now a russian ICBM testing ground, where they soon mysteriously disappeared.

1955 - russian analogue of Majestic 12 is created in Kapustin Yar. This happened after a bunch of interceptors sent to investigate UFOs disappeared.

1959 - a UFO crashes into water near Gdynia, Poland. Russian army units captured an extraterrestrial and according to rumours to this day its body is kept in one of Moscow's laboratories.

1959 - a UFO crashes in Saribylak, Kazahstan. The objest in the form of a silver disk is transferred to Protvino, Moscow region, where it is examined and then cut open by scientists. Five of them die soon of a strange disease.

1961 - a UFO lands near Saint-Petersburg and takes a probe of earth ground. Apparently it crashes, but then manages to repair itself and leave off before army units arrive. This accident is described in the book called "The Roswell Incident" by Chаrles Berlitz & William Moore. PP. 151-162, ”The Russian Connection”.

1978 - UFO battle in the skies of Jigansk, Yakutia republic. A disk-shaped UFO was shot down by a cigar-like one. Two extraterrestrial bodies were recovered and autopsied. The remains were later transferred to an underground facility in Tomsk-7, one of USSR's secret technopolises. Later it was transferred to Novaya Zemlya, a secret lab in the north of Russia which is now abandoned.

1979 - A UFO sets off anti-missile alarm in Moscow airspace and is shot down by an interceptor. It's remains are taken to Vnukovo, a town near Moscow. Apparently, there is a secret lab there disguised as a weather station.

1980 - a special unit in russian army is created to deal with UFO sightings and crashes. Special services receive UFO contact procedure plans.

1980 - a dramatic UFO chase near Ural. Three russian interceptors are shot down. The UFO is damaged, but manages to escape.

1984 - a military plane finds an abandoned UFO near Saratov. It is transferred to Vnukovo.

1986 - one of the most well known accidents in Dalnegorsk, russian Far East.

These are just few of reported UFO crashes. In the next post I will tell you where russian area 51 is supposed to be located, how some guys tried to debunk the conspiracy and what happened.

(continued two posts below)
edit on 15-3-2011 by evilcommunist because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Thanks for the info OP. Going to go check out some of these now. Always been fascinated by the Russian side of the cold war period and it looks as if a lot of these 'incidents' took place during that time... Should be some interesting info to be found.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
From what i know the soviets have their own civilisation in this galaxy and were quite benevolent, that is they are the original communists.
However they were the target of a cover up operation meaning forces were sent to kill them all as quickly as possible so nowone knew they were there.
Most of these battles are the result of this cover up operation,the original soviets are now deceased and more earthly powers control russia now.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Apparently there were two groups of scientists that examined the UFOs. One unit was created in the MoD, and the other - in the Russian Academy of Sciences. Some of the activities of these units are documented but they state they have not managed to find any proofs of extraterrestrial life.

There were several UFO research clusters, but according to the info found on the web most of them are dismantled or abandoned, or used for other purposes.

The biggest cluster was in Moscow region. Moscow labs, the towns of Vnukovo, Kapotnya and Protvino. Ubileinoe village where there was a testing ground for aircraft based on alien technologies (according to the articles found, the experiments failed).

The second one was in Novosibirsk and Tomsk-7. Now disused.

Severodvinsk (russian submarine base) and Novaya Zemlya are the third cluster.

The fourth and the most famous one is Kapustin Yar. The ufologists say that in the 90s all UFO remains and autopsied bodies were transferred to the town of Jitkur, near Kapustin Yar. According to many articles, there was a huge underground facility there.

Rumours circulated and amassed until two russian ufologists just decided to visit the vicinities of the alleged "russian area 51". All they found was an abandoned village and remains of an abandoned military base.

That's what they found:

End of story? That's what everyone thought for years. Actually, there turned out to be a huge testing ground 30 kms to the south of the place where they looked. It is heavily guarded and security measures in that region are getting stricter every year. Taking into consideration that Kapustin Yar occupies the territory of two Luxembourgs, the truth may still be out there.

Thank you for your attention guys, feel free to ask qustions now.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Links to evidence please?

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Turiddu

Like I said, most of these can not be verified in any way. There is no footage, no pictures of UFOs standing in hangars - only stories of eyewitnesses, fragments of interviews, and rare document scans that are insignificant and can also be hoaxes. So, it's up to you to believe it, or not. I just made a compilaton of info that looked most credible from russian websites. You won't find much on these on english websites, so I thought this might be interesting - Runet has a lot of ufo information that is inaccessible to the rest due to language barrier.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I heard about a few of these on various UFO Files episodes. I always found it hard to believe that the Russians (or anyone else) would be able to pursue and shoot down alien craft. You'd think that if they are able to travel across the galaxy and fly around our atmosphere at unbelievable speeds, they'd easily be able to out-fly anything we have here. You would also think that the craft would either be made of incredible, near-indestructible material or have some kind of shielding to protect them from radiation, asteroids and other threats found out in space.

If aliens are so advanced, how is it that they're always getting shot down or having mechanical malfunctions that cause them to just randomly crash on our planet?

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Charizard

well if they are like us then maybe they do stuff on purpose, to see if we catch on maybe? even though a small portion of us only are catching on if that is what they are doing.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
EC, do you have any records of shootdowns of CIA 'Moby Dick' balloons in the late 1950s? From this side, we've heard of several crashes, and recovery of spy cameras and exposed film. Would those have been misreported -- on purpose -- as something else, to camouflage the actual recoveries?

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

Haven't heard of that, but in 1976 there was an american spy drone crash in Kazahstan. It looked like baby b-2 bomber, was pitch black and at first soviet scientists couldn't make out what material it was made of. So they took it for a UFO disassembled it and transferred it to one of the R&D labs. On site they found out it was an american drone - they found Lokheed Martin insignias on some of the details.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
this is kinda off topic but dosent there exist any book about russian ufos,crashes etc?

was searching about any books on this and didn't find any.nor did i find any declassified files anywhere on the internet.any insight would be helpful

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by IMSAM

I guess you are looking for a book in english, right?

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
yes because my russian are extremely rusty

also were any of these cases ever fully examined and or debunked-verified?

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by IMSAM

I'll try to look for some for you.

See, the problem with the evidences is that all this information was under KGB's control until 1991. And I don't know a more tight-lipped organization than KGB. To this day some of the most important documents in KGB's successor, FSB, are created using typewriters. They are not stored in electronic formats so that they can not be leaked and can be easily destroyed.

Some of them have been somewhat verified. There were rumours that there was a UFO shot down by a soviet laser weapon. Almost everyone dismissed those rumours until recently it turned out the USSR had a laser tank developed and was working on ground-based laser weapons. See for yourself - this tank is the only prototype left:

There were also rumours that when constructing Boguchanskaja hydro station the workers found a buried UFO. Be it rumours, or not, but the construction was abandoned for almost 25 years. It was quite strange for the soviet power to leave a mega-project like that abandoned in the middle of construction. It restarted only recently and is supposed to be completed by 2012.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
1959 crash in Poland is a major issue for polish ufologists. If some of them are here, I think they could contribute a lot.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
woah thnx i will try to dig up some info if i can.do hope we get more info on more cases. s&f

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
There is also the so-called KGB blue folder. There is a thread about it on this board. In 1991 the head of the russian ufology assosiation, ex-cosmonaut Pavel Popovich received 124 pages of UFO reports from an unknown source in KGB. A major part of the info about UFOs in USSR comes from this folder. It was never fully published, though a major russian edition wrote a series of articles about it. This is what the first page looked like:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7db10f1924eb.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Thumbs up for this great thread 'Evilcommunist'
I want to add this Russian UFO crash 1991 'Grave of the Devil' (page 1) and (page 2) case. A 600 meters long cigar shaped UFO flied within the Russian borders, and some Mig-29s were then ordered to force that UFO to land. The pilots saw unusual "Not of this Earth" green hieroglyphic signs on it, and tried to communicate with that UFO, but there was no response. And when the pilots were about to fire warning shots, the Mig-29s malfunctioned and the engines stopped, and the UFO escaped. After a while the pilots could turn on the engines, but it was too late to try to catch the UFO again. Radar tracked the object which at this time was zigzagging at astonishing 42,000 miles per hour, before it crashed at the area of "The Grave of the Devil". An expedition walked to the area, and confirmed the crashed UFO with the unusual "Not of this Earth" green hieroglyphic signs on it. But they were not able to come closer to the crashed UFO than 800 meters, and a helicopter hovered over the crashed UFO, but malfunctioned and crashed. Later the crashed UFO and the crashed helicopter were gone, probably removed by the military.
edit on 24-5-2011 by Anunaki10 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Charizard
I heard about a few of these on various UFO Files episodes. I always found it hard to believe that the Russians (or anyone else) would be able to pursue and shoot down alien craft. You'd think that if they are able to travel across the galaxy and fly around our atmosphere at unbelievable speeds, they'd easily be able to out-fly anything we have here. You would also think that the craft would either be made of incredible, near-indestructible material or have some kind of shielding to protect them from radiation, asteroids and other threats found out in space.

If aliens are so advanced, how is it that they're always getting shot down or having mechanical malfunctions that cause them to just randomly crash on our planet?

Some of the reported UFOs seems vulnerable Case of UFO shut down over Kalahari destert and British Navy shoot down UFO! and U.S. Navy's warships downed a UFO in 1991

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by evilcommunist
reply to post by Turiddu

Like I said, most of these can not be verified in any way. There is no footage, no pictures of UFOs standing in hangars - only stories of eyewitnesses, fragments of interviews, and rare document scans that are insignificant and can also be hoaxes. So, it's up to you to believe it, or not. I just made a compilaton of info that looked most credible from russian websites. You won't find much on these on english websites, so I thought this might be interesting - Runet has a lot of ufo information that is inaccessible to the rest due to language barrier.

Thanks for compiling the lists like these. The more specific we can get, the better aimed investigations we can make with new tools -- such as 'Google Earth'.

Can I ask another Russian UFO question? You seem to have the perfect connections and skills to follow up on this.

The 'Afanasyev UFO' story is widely believed in the West due to a TV show that presents him talking in background in unintelligible Russian with a voice-over in English of an amazing story -- and sketch -- of an alien vehicle. But all of the program narrative about him as a cosmonaut and his flight career is laughably garbled or entirely fictitious.

I've tried to yandex and goofle search Russian sources to see if the narrative exists in an original Russian-language form, but have failed. My cynical suspicion is that the entire story is a fabrication by the US TV program and Afanasyev -- whom I have met at TsUP-Moscow -- is the innocent victim of a misrepresentation.

But I can't be sure. How can we dig into any Russian-language versions of this story that are NOT post-program versions of the US TV report?

Spasibo.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join