It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Kalahari UFO Crash

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
Jo

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Mystery and subterfuge shroud 'The Kalahari UFO Crash'.

The incident has been reported in daily newspapers and UFO magazines alike. Some sources date the crash as 7th May 1989, others sources quote the same date for 1988. The UFO was allegedly shot down by a South African Air Force Mirage jet and crashed near the border between Botswana and South Africa.

Quest International, a well known UK magazine printed a Special Edition devoted to the subject in May/June 1993. According to their reporter a joint S.A.A.F.-U.S.A.F called OPERATION SILVER DIAMOND was mounted to recover the occupants and debris. A former Lieutenant-Colonel of the U.S.A.F. is quoted as saying..."My contacts in naval intelligence have informed me that we [The United States] have given the South Africans advanced technology in exchange for a U.F.O.".

Among the threads of evidence is a printed photocopy of a faxed response to a query from Wright-Patterson Airforce Base which refers to a satellite re-entry on 7 th May 1988 and a confirmation of a 'fireball or satellite re-entry' in the same area on 7th May 1988. A researcher at Quest claims to have phoned N.O.R.A.D. and asked the duty officer to provide any information relating to this date and location. The officer allegedly replied that 'an unknown object was tracked on entering the region'. The magazine goes on to state that ..."two totally independent researchers made their way to South Africa to conduct their own enquiries into the case". Each reported that a crash landing of some kind had taken place in the Kalahari Desert. The one report was from Dr. J.J. Hurtak, an American ufologist and Professor of Science, the other was from J. Von Buttlara, a German researcher. Both were able to confirm Military sightings of an 'object' over South African airspace. There are also reports of a nameless researcher who travelled into the Kalahari region where he spoke at length with local tribesman who confirmed having seen strange aerial objects in the area.

A report during 1993 in 'The Argus', a Cape Town daily newspaper, told of claims of an international 'cover-up' and 'disinformation exercise' that is blocking attempts by researchers to uncover the 'truth'. It also named Botswana's Environment Minister, Dithoko Seiso, as confirming the incident.

Cynthia Hind of Zimbabwe, a world famous UFO researcher and author of a book on UFO's in Southern Africa subsequently wrote an article that was published in the 'UFO Times'. It was titled;

"Anatomy of a hoax. The UFO crash on the South African/Botswana border".

This article exposes one, James Van Greunen, as the originator of an extremely elaborate hoax. She points out inconsistencies and discrepancies in the alleged documents as proof. Amongst these are 14 spelling mistakes in what claimed to be an official document. When Van Greunen was confronted he admitted he had faked some details but still insisted it was a true story about a downed object on the border repeated to him in confidence by a friend of his, Hendrik Greef, a pilot in the S.A.A.F, who had overheard it at an officers mess.

From all this it is clear to see that case has been fraught with controversy and bizarre reports continue to add to the confusion. There have recently been claims that a French Intelligence officer was murdered whilst investigating the case.

Additionally, when the author attempted to track the sources of the above newspaper article he was told by the librarian at the Argus. "The file has been 'borrowed' and is now 'missing'"

Further to this there is also speculation about a South African underground military research base simply called Camp 13.
Located in the Kalahari desert it is rumoured to have been used as a laser weapons research facility and was responsible for shooting down the UFO after Mirage jet fighters "herded" it in the general direction of the camp as they could not keep up with it.

Anyone got more info for me?

[edit on 6/20/2007 by kinglizard]

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Jut thought I'd bump this thread, has anyone heard heard any follow up at all on this? Anything about Camp 13 of USAF interactions with the SAAF?

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Here is a video documental explaining alot from that UFO at Kalahari... its a 7 part video 10 min each... here are the links:

This video talks about one personel from Area 51 who talk about the allien who survived from that crash at the Kalahari desert in 1989 and the interview was made at Area 51 facility.

PART 1 www.youtube.com...
PART 2 www.youtube.com...
PART 3 www.youtube.com...
PART 4 www.youtube.com...
PART 5 www.youtube.com...
PART 6 www.youtube.com...
PART 7 www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by csa1234

video's seem to be removed by the rights of Vega 7 Entertainment

i cant understand while there is so much evidence of UFO's and strange things going on worldwide, that they keep denying it for the public. while there is full proof.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by csa1234
Here is a video documental explaining alot from that UFO at Kalahari... its a 7 part video 10 min each... here are the links:

Those links don't work anymore, video has been removed. But you may watch it here.

video.google.com...

[edit on 7-12-2008 by free_spirit]

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Anyone interested in finding out more about this "crash" might find the following references I've noted useful. They range from a 40 page discussion by Tony Dodd to numerous shorter discussions.

Clark, Jerome in his “The UFO Encyclopedia: 1st edition: Volume 1 – UFOs in the 1980s” (1990) at pages 69-70 of the Apogee hardback edition in an entry entitled “Crashes of UFOs”.

Clark, Jerome in his “The UFO Encyclopedia: The Phenomenon from the Beginning - 2nd edition” (1998) in Volume 2:L-Z at pages 870-871 (in an entry entitled “South African Crash Hoax”) of the Omnigraphics hardback edition.

Dodd, Tony in his “Alien Investigator” (1999) at pages 33-42 and 46-75 (in Chapter 2) of the Headline paperback edition.

Randle, Kevin D in his “A history of UFO crashes” (1995) at pages 211-212 (in Appendix A, “The UFO Crash Data Base”) of the Avon paperback edition.

Randle, Kevin D in his “Case MJ-12” (2002) at pages 276-286 (in the Appendix generally) of the Harper Torch paperback edition.

Randles, Jenny in her “UFO Retrievals” (1995) at pages 151-154 (in Chapter 7) of the Blandford softback edition.

Redfern, Nick in his “A Covert Agenda” (1997) at pages 248, 250-251 (in Chapter 17) of the Simon & Schuster hardback edition.

Redfern, Nick in his “Cosmic Crashes” (1999) at pages 191-192 (in Chapter 9) of the Simon & Schuster hardback edition.

Salter, Daniel M in his “Life With a Cosmos Clearance” (2003) at pages 29-30, 32, 33-34, 35, 36 (in Chapter 3) of the Light Technology softcover edition.

Kind Regards,

Isaac

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Jo

This is incident is apparently related with one regarding the transportation of two EBE's to Area51 and another facility in the US - Wright Paterson Air Base in Ohio. The timing of its appearance in Area 51 is consistent with the event that occurred in the Kalahari desert.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Here is the story from recently deceased Tony Dodd whom said he was contacted by those involved. Mr Dodd claimed to have recordings as well.

www.textfiles.com...

[edit on 5/30/2009 by qonone]

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   
UFOs in Africa reminded me of this event where
children saw headless Aliens.

You know I think I've seen those.

Ruwa, Zimbabwe, 62 Schoolchild

www.youtube.com...

Have the children ever heard the word actors.
I'll have to search ATS for this one but its too obvious to put
this one on ATS.

ED: The headless were in Russia also on youtube.
These have the regular costumes.

[edit on 5/31/2009 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by free_spirit

So horrible, did no one notice "Victor" is the owner of the production company? lol oh gawd.. horrible.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by IsaacKoi

How are those books selling.
I don't think the public or amateur researchers have such sources
for reference.

Can we find such a listing of UFO ET related books on wikipedia.
That might be a good place to list these investigative reports.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I think they have come looking for there friends...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

See ATS link above

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Hi there! Back in 2006, there was a similar thread here on the Kalahari incident / ET interview and I also posted links to the full report from the SAAF at the time. It talks about the retrieval helicopters stalling and crashing when flying overhead above the object due to the strong magnetic field, killing the people onboard.

They talk about a paint-like compound that was painted over the object to neutralise the magnetic field. This enabled the retrieval team to transport the object to a nearby air force base and taken to the 'sixth level underground'.

It also mentions one of the scientists being attacked by one of the aliens, receiving claw wounds, deep scratches to the face and chest. It then talks about the aliens being transported to Wright Patterson AFB - the scene of the infamous 'Alien Interview' video.

The detail in the report is quite startling.. here's a link to my post where you can read the SAAF report (dated 7 May 1989) for yourselves.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Roswell, Kecksburg, the Kalahari, and many more. It seems that the US Space Shuttle has a much better safety record than these super-advanced saucers-from-another-world.

[edit on 3-4-2010 by Saint Exupery]

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saint Exupery
Roswell, Kecksburg, the Kalahari, and many more. It seems that the US Space Shuttle has a much better safety record than these super-advanced saucers-from-another-world.

[edit on 3-4-2010 by Saint Exupery]

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Space shuttle wasnt shot at by a Mirage.

Ive bumped a few threads recently, was just looking through the NZ document releases here:

www.stuff.co.nz/the-press/news/4489308/Original-files-NZs-UFO-sightings

Amongst the usual durge of mad scientists was the report on Kalahari which I have never heard of before but when they said they has recovered 3 UFOs all sent to america and then Bob Lazar said he saw 9 at Area 51, one with a hole through it like it had been shot.

Anyway, I found the report really interesting and if you havnt heard of it enjoy.

However, 2 things, the Alien interview is ridiculous and has been removed from YouTube by a production company who cite copyright (and its their only film!)

The Thor 2 experimantal laser cannon - hmmmmm. If it worked so well it could shoot a UFO down why are all South African jets not fitted with one?
edit on 31-12-2010 by MisterBurns because: more info

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
The originator of the Kalahari hoax was one James Van Greunen a multiple UFO hoaxer

He tried to sell his story to among others the late Cynthia Hind, and the late Tony Dodds,

His 'story' was debunked and he was also arrested for impersonating an Officer. He later

under went a sex change procedure and is now hoaxing under the name of Judy Faltskog.

For more detailed information 'google' James Van Greunen

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by eletheia

Good stuff. Time to throw some [HOAX] tags on this topic (and that other one)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
What Greunen dubbed the 'Thor 2 laser weapon' in his reproductuion of the official document shown to him, has been speculated to have been a MASER weapon. The damage done to the craft in the shady report mirrors the effect of maser weapon systems.

The maser weapons systems were known to have been in trial use by the states, and apparently such weapons systems were sold to two other Politicians, nameley those of France, and South Africa. Maser weapons systems are known to be compatible with Mirage craft.

With subjects such as this, i find it a good idea to neither scream hoax or truth. While the original doc is known to be fake, there is evidence that correlates with the story.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Kevin Randle does a good job of debunking this silly story in his UFO Crashes book IIRC...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join