It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Air Force WC-135 Detects Deadly Radiation Over Pacific (US in 24hrs)

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
UPDATE

An "explosive impact" occured at the No. 2 reactor at the quake damaged plant in Japan, Plant's owner says

Source: copied from CNN BREAKING NEWS Alert from my desktop.
edit on 14-3-2011 by violet because: (spelling)

EDIT: Sorry for the double post. I see now this is on previous page
edit on 14-3-2011 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by violet

Weird, all the other sources I've seen show the bulk actualy going south of there and then arcing up towards canada and back down over Chicago. Depends on the time of any release as the jetstream changes hourly and moves. Silly to even guess before it actually happens and if it does, the amount of radiation would be too low to worry about. They may say to stay indoors for a day or part of a day just to be safe.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I think the media is definitely downplaying the effects of this nuclear disaster.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Our news media here in NZ produced this very good video showing a likely scenario for the radiation drifting over the pacific.

Link - NZ Herald - Radiation Map

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by RUDDD
Once water is contaminated with Radiation you can't filter it.

But those who are wanting to store it, either using bathtubs or the bottle approach, must realise over time water stagnates and created bacteria. Water needs a constant source of flow to stop this happening which is why storing water is good short-term, but long term your looking at wanting to find natural springs to provide round the clock replenishments. To combat possible contaminants in other sources of water (rivers, lakes etc) you'll need water purification tablets, but again as this water would have already been contaminated by the radiation it's up to you to chose which is the better filter. Natural peat/moss, limestone and granite rocks which the rainwater has to seep through, or a quick chemical-fix.

A little extreme dont you think. Your're talking like we're going to be living in a post appocolyptic world. Nomads roaming the country side looking for fresh uncontaminated water.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
reply to post by Novatrino

See my last post before yours. There was an explosion at the reactor of most concern and evidence of a crack in the containment. The Japanese immediately confirmed and then gave the details and readings. They were very fast to get facts out. I imagine to combat the rumors and hype.

Yes, this explosion is more serious as the pressure vessel in the region of the supression pool is possibly cracked. This means contaminated water may leak out. This wasn't the same kind of explosion. It occurred near the pressure vessel, not in the top of the building.

No danger to the US of course. But the consequences for the immediate Japanese environment are greater.

So far less than 1000 microsieverts radiation which is not life threatening except for long term exposure in the immediate vicinity.

They've evacuated non-essential personnel from the reactor, i.e. those not involved in pumping water into the core.
edit on 14-3-2011 by XtraTL because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   

reply to post by violet

Weird, all the other sources I've seen show the bulk actualy going south of there and then arcing up towards canada and back down over Chicago. Depends on the time of any release as the jetstream changes hourly and moves. Silly to even guess before it actually happens and if it does, the amount of radiation would be too low to worry about. They may say to stay indoors for a day or part of a day just to be safe.

Personally I think it's best to stay on the safe side and take precautions anyways.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057

A little extreme dont you think. Your're talking like we're going to be living in a post appocolyptic world. Nomads roaming the country side looking for fresh uncontaminated water.

I believe you just described many ATSer's fantasy scenario.

(you forgot the NaziZombies, though)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Ya things are getting worst, and with a little addition it does seem alittle freaky (more on that in my thread if I ever reach 20 posts) Lets be strong and cautious of the things we do. Be careful people.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Antmar=====

that was a great little video, thanks!

does anyone know anything about using Betadine for radiation poisoning?

it does contain Potassium Iodine ..... any info anyone???
edit on 14-3-2011 by thirst4truth because: spelling

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by die_another_day
I think the media is definitely downplaying the effects of this nuclear disaster.

If it was truly a catastrophe headed our way, TPTB would NOT announce it.

Highways Jammed.

Stores sold out and/or looted.

Gas wars.

Panic that the Military could not control.

No, we would never know the truth. For our own safety is the reasoning. Right?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
been watching cnn, just announced that japanese officials confirmed that 2.7 meters of the rods at #2 are exposed. they are pumping sea water but dont know whats thats gonna do, will put links asap.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Not FoxNews or CNN. I'm flipping back and forth and this is about all they are reporting on. FoxNews seems to be about five to ten minutes ahead of CNN if they are having a contest

Now the Japanese say 2.7 meters of the rods are exposed in the reactor that just had the explosion. Bad news.

Edited to say, realized what you meant after I posted. You mean in regards to the danger to the US? No they are not. Our risk is at worst you may be asked to spend part of a day inside, the story is Japan and the people there, not us. It's not about us, even though some are trying to make it about them somehow.
edit on 3/14/2011 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
To put this into perspective. Here is a video someone put together to show all of the nuclear bombs ever dropped.

You would really think that people would be more upset by how many nuclear explosions have happened right here in our own backyard:

edit on 14-3-2011 by Calender because: fixed link

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Ok, after reading through this thread... I have made some observations and have some tips:

1. How in the hell can you claim a 'HOAX map' to be un-deniably, with-out-a-doubt, a hoax? Hoax map... dumbest thing I ever heard. If it is... fine, whatever.

2. Those fuled by irrational fear are rediculous. It's obvious (from the distance and logic) that you are in NO MORTAL DANGER. However, even if there were slight danger, no MSM would tell anyone in the USA. Just look at how some of you are acting. If they did tell you, and there were real danger... you would not act like the Japanese, you would start looting and trampling each other which would cause more deaths than the actual fallout.

3. Boys who cry HOAX: maybe it is maybe it aint. If it is... no big f'n deal. Keep it to yourself because only an idiot would be as convinced as you are. If it IS true... there is no harm done knowing and eating some iodine pills or lots of salt for the next few days. Big deal.

4. I was a young boy living in Poland (near Ukraina - Chernobyl) when it went off. They didn't tell anybody for weeks. They could have, but they didn't because it would have made them look bad and would have panicked the people. That said... I played outside for days while the cloud hovered over most of europe and I am just fine... no health issues, no nothing. As a matter of fact, I'm healthier than the majority of the people... it's not like I went out and ate every frekin' mushroom I came accross.

Bottom line: If it is true, no harm done in knowing. If it is false... NO F"N BIG DEAL. Geezus. Calm down children.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by antmar
Our news media here in NZ produced this very good video showing a likely scenario for the radiation drifting over the pacific.

Link - NZ Herald - Radiation Map

My how fudged their rem numbers are on the Chenobyl. I guess you can safely add another 0 on whatever they publish then?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Not FoxNews or CNN. I'm flipping back and forth and this is about all they are reporting on. FoxNews seems to be about five to ten minutes ahead of CNN if they are having a contest

Now the Japanese say 2.7 meters of the rods are exposed in the reactor that just had the explosion. Bad news.

Bad news, like what?

link   

Originally posted by tokinjedi
been watching cnn, just announced that japanese officials confirmed that 2.7 meters of the rods at #2 are exposed. they are pumping sea water but dont know whats thats gonna do, will put links asap.

This right here should tell you that all is not well. Dumping salt water on a reactor like this is... a last ditch effort. The last resort they would attempt. Hence, nothing is pointing to there being 'minimal' fallout. It's pointing to a near-certain meltdown.

link   

Originally posted by Novatrino
Some Breaking News right now.

Fears of meltdown grow at Japanese nuclear plant

CTV is pretty good at getting facts and not fear-mongering.The link is below.

CTV NEWS

Why waste your time here then... just watch CTV News 24/7 and you'll get all the facts you'll need to be a well informed citizen.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by darius2025

The problem is that people are panicking, preparing to leave their homes and run east. Seems a little dramatic. The post just above yours shows a video with all the nuclear tests in the world. Look how many are in the US. I would be more concerned about them.

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join