It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Air Force WC-135 Detects Deadly Radiation Over Pacific (US in 24hrs)

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by AllSeeingI

I don't doubt this is happening but I was under the impression that radiation
would not get to the US west coast for several days. I sure would like solid
confirmation on this before I become overly concerned and with the way
the situation is right now, that wouldn't take much.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   

edit on 14-3-2011 by crazydaisy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by antoniothomas

It's in the air. Do you think we will be told the truth? Of course not that's why Japan is playing down the obvious! They don't want more humiliation [which they seems to have very little of] over a cloud of radiation spreading across the planet...

It'll get into the ocean also. How would it not? heh

That's why is called a disaster, because you can't control the outcome of it...

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

From what I have heard and logic, I believe it will take more then three days or so.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by SMR

No why would I never say never when its impossible? I should believe some conspiracy nut over scientists and nuclear engineers who say its impossible... Right... thats the type of thinking that makes this forum a joke lately. A map of dots is useless when they have to make the dots big enough to see whereas if you actually do some reading, the amounts reaching anywhere over a few hundred miles were not anywhere near deadly. The only thing that can possibly reach 5k miles away is tiny trace amounts that you experiance already everyday and won't do anything to you. "Increasing distance from the radiation source reduces the dose according to the inverse-square law for a point source".
edit on 14-3-2011 by darkest4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

Well the plants keep exploding and churning out clouds of _________? heh

They will tell you whatever is as far from the truth about the situation as possible. It helps to prevent panic.

Here in the U.S. do you think the Government would admit anything? You try mobilizing the evacuation of the West Coast...

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
There was just an explosion at Unit 2 at #ushima, the Japanese Agency just confirmed. It's supposed to be a windy day there also. That is the unit they were most concerned about I think.

filter got the correct spelling it seems

edit on 3/14/2011 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

link   
I don't really know a lot about the inner workings of the plant but I do know one thing. If they can't get this thing cooled down it will be far more serious for the world as a whole then currently. We all need to pray, wish, throw salt over your back or what ever it is you do. This is a time sensitive matter.

link   
reply to post by darkest4

Hey don't knock the people on here. We come from various backgrounds, and knowledge levels.

Your logic should tell you that playing down a cloud of Nuclear radiation is the most prudent measure to take.

If you don't know it's there what harm is there. Heck people in Japan won't get cancer for another 20 years or so...

SMR

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by plube

I think we all understand at this point the differences. It has been posted by you and a few others, repeatedly.

If some of you would slow down and read what others are posting, you might see that some, like me, are posting it would have to be a catastrophic failure for radiation fallout to even reach the US West Coast. Whether or not is an amount that is cause for concern, not known. You have to take into account the distance it travels, how much gets dispersed into the ocean. Few other things like wind and rain.

Is there a serious threat of fallout hitting the West Coast of the US at this point ? NO!
Is there a serious threat of fallout if a serious catastrophe happens to those plants. POSSIBLE!
But again. That all depends of wind, disbursement ...

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Brainiac

Yes I do believe that they would evacuate the west coast if it were bad enough.

I believe that you are fear mongering. Countless posts of nothing but speculation.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Some Breaking News right now.

Fears of meltdown grow at Japanese nuclear plant

CTV is pretty good at getting facts and not fear-mongering.The link is below.

CTV NEWS

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Strange. The Japanese just reported on the new explosion almost immediately. Kind of shoots down the notion they would hide it?

Government just confirmed, so Japan is not keeping any secrets. The Nuclear Agency confirmed a few minutes ago.

Right now a Japanese representative is on the air saying there could now be a crack in containment and they are showing a diagram. They are also giving the readings which are 10,000 times background. Their not hiding anything.

Why are people so anti-Japanese suddenly? I had no idea there was a problem with people who don't like the Japanese? Maybe some old Bigots who never got over WW2?
edit on 3/14/2011 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by onyx718

Originally posted by AllSeeingI
reply to post by yourmaker

Agreed... things are moving very fast. Working hard to verify these stories... Nothing on MSM as of yet.

Any ATS members in the Seattle / Vancouver Area able to report in? Give us a shout out.

I live in vancouver and have heard NOTHING of this

I live near Vancouver and haven't heard about this either.
The Province Newspaper latest article:

March 14, 2011
Little danger to B.C. from Japanese radiation, officials say

There is no risk to B.C. from leaking Japanese nuclear reactors "at the present time," according to a statement released Sunday afternoon by provincial Minister of Public Safety Rich Coleman.

"Health Canada has advised us that at the present time the current radiological activity at a facility in Japan is expected to pose no health risk to British Columbians," said Coleman.

Coleman added that Ottawa "is monitoring and assessing the situation at the Fukushima nuclear plant in Japan following reports of an explosion, in order to assess any potential risks to Canadians."

Michael Brauer, a professor in the School of Environmental Health at the University of B.C., said in an email that "from what we know now, the risk for B.C. is very low."

"Any radiation that was released into the air will take about five days to reach North America and by that time much of the radiation will have dispersed and the radioactivity of one form [iodine 131] will have decayed substantially," said Brauer.

"Although it is hard to forecast this far in advance, the current wind patterns suggest that air masses from Japan will travel northeast and pass well north of B.C.," he said.

Information about Health Canada's Federal Nuclear Emergency Plan is available online at www.bit. ly/h1bLyQ.

Read more: www.theprovince.com...

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
FOX NEWS

Reporting right now

Explosion of #2 has just occured. This is the third explosion to take place.

Shep Smith says alarms going off in Tokyo...warning of new quake.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkest4
reply to post by SMR

No why would I never say never when its impossible? I should believe some conspiracy nut over scientists and nuclear engineers who say its impossible...

In this case you are correct. Not all conspiracies however are wrong or exagerated. You have to filter it yourself and use common sense and critical thinking. Don't paint the place with such a broad brush.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Novatrino

See my last post before yours. There was an explosion at the reactor of most concern and evidence of a crack in the containment. The Japanese immediately confirmed and then gave the details and readings. They were very fast to get facts out. I imagine to combat the rumors and hype.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Whether or not any radiation hits the West Coast, no one can dispute that this is a serious, disasterous situation and that NO amount of radiation released can be a good thing... if it lands in the ocean, that's supposed to be better? Not for the sea life...

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

Why are people so anti-Japanese suddenly? I had not idea there was a problem with people who don't like the Japanese? Maybe some old Bigots who never got over WW2?

Look, hot shot, many of those "bigots" you refer to had loved ones who were killed by the Japanese by torture IN WWII, to give you the freedom to call them bigots...SHAME

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

I'm sorry but I do not know what you are trying to say.

new topics

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join