It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Earthquakes 7.0 Or Above Predicted For Japan Within Next 3 Days Per CNN/Scientists

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
While this article reports "within a month", Candy Crowley on CNN just reported that scientists predict that 7.0 or greater will occur within next three days due to stress on tectonic plates.

More Earthquakes Predicted In Japan
More earthquakes measuring over 7.0 on the Richter scale could occur in and around Japan within a month, the country's National Meteorological Administration was quoted by Kyodo news as saying on Friday.
en.rian.ru...

edit on 3/13/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: Title

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
that isn't that hard to predict at all, ressonance in the crust is widely known and accepted.

but maybe eh... they have been looking at the solar activity...

just maybe...

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Here's confirmation:

Japan Continues Rescue Operations Following Massive Quake, Tsunami
Martyn Williams | Tokyo
www.voanews.com...

At a news conference, Japan's Meteorological Agency said the trembler that struck Friday was actually three large earthquakes in quick succession. Agency officials raised the magnitude to 9, making it the world's fourth largest recorded earthquake. They also warned of more strong aftershocks to come.

The agency said there is a 70 percent chance of a magnitude 7-class earthquake in the next three days.

edit on 3/13/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: typo

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnotherYOU
that isn't that hard to predict at all, ressonance in the crust is widely known and accepted.

but maybe eh... they have been looking at the solar activity...

just maybe...

No not hard at all.

I said it before the 8.8 or 9.1 , and I have been saying it since in my supermoon thread. japan is under stress. and so is the rest of the ring of fire.
LA has been unusually quiet.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Like I said on othere treads... They need to evact everyone right now from that area thats taken the biggest affect from this event.. Best choice leave while you have only one thing left. Life based on insight.
Otherwise, add to those that did not have a chance..
Can't save the dead right now.. Save those that you can!

CYA... ie: Cover Your A$$

Be Wise, Be Well..

Jesse

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Another source says:

Japan Says 70 Percent Chance Of A New Major Earthquake By Wednesday
On Sunday, JMA said that based on the occurrence of aftershocks so far, there is a 70 percent chance that an aftershock of 7.0 on greater will hit by 10 a.m. local time on Wednesday. After Wednesday morning, the chance of such an earthquake happening will be about 50 percent until 10 a.m. local time on Saturday.
wireupdate.com...

So, what is up with March 15th?
edit on 3/13/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: formatting

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

I feel the moons approach to perigee causes just as much if not more disturbance that when it actually reaches perigee. and the opposite effect puling as the moon leaves perigee.

perigee is expected on the 19th.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by -W1LL

I feel the moons approach to perigee causes just as much if not more disturbance that when it actually reaches perigee. and the opposite effect puling as the moon leaves perigee.

Are you predicting something major for the 19th? Possibly another devastating earthquake, possibly on the opposite side of the globe from the Japan quake of Friday? Just checking.
edit on 3/13/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: clarification, tyoo

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

That would be somewhere off the East Coast of Argentina:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fa3d474e8def.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

LA has been unusually quiet.

That would make me nervous.
I would think that this would mean that pressure could be building

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Here's a plate map for the area:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6c127f5b0855.jpg[/atsimg]
2.bp.blogspot.com...
edit on 3/13/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: typo

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Interesting.....I already predicted this earlier in this thread

www.abovetopsecret.com...

ok....at the risk of getting caught with my prediction around my ankles, I'm going to give it a go. I have never made any predictions about anything before but I have a very strong hunch that this is not even close to being over. I believe that there will be another strong earthquake in Japan ; strong enough to NOT be classed as an aftershock and we will see waters rise there, but not from tsunami...it will come up from underground. Before the aftershocks have subsided to M4, there will be another earthquake of note along the Cascadia fault line and perhaps a bit further south. This will also involve the Juan de Fuca mega thrust zone. All of this further irritating the already shaky situation in Arkansas. I believe all of this will occur before the 25th of this month. If I'm wrong, no harm done...if I'm right......never mind, I hope I'm wrong.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Tasty Canadian

I'm thinking antipodal in addition to another major Japan quake. I'm thinking near Argentina within three days. There. I went and made a prediction...

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Thousands Left Homeless By Brazil Rain - 3/14/2011

Originally posted by sezsue

I'm sure it probably doesn't have anything to do with this, but I checked an antipode map for Japan the other day, and the antipodal point is right offshore of that region in Brazil, pretty close to the Parana state mentioned as affected. I'm sure it's just a weird co-incidence.

The antipodal point is the point on the other side of the globe corresponding to the first point, in other words, the place you would end up if you could go straight through the center of the earth. Or if you put a skewer straight through a globe.

Antipodal Map

I did the same thing.

More Earthquakes 7.0 Or Above Predicted For Japan Within Next 3 Days Per CNN/Scientists

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are

That would be somewhere off the East Coast of Argentina:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fa3d474e8def.jpg[/atsimg]

join