It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thousands Left Homeless By Brazil Rain - 3/14/2011

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Thousands Left Homeless By Brazil Rain
By the CNN Wire Staff
March 14, 2011 -- Updated 1841 GMT (0241 HKT)
edition.cnn.com...

(CNN) -- Ten people died and more than 8,000 were left homeless in southern Brazil after heavy rain began pelting the area Friday, civil defense officials from three states reported. The rain had mostly moved out of the area by Monday.
Two of those who died were buried Sunday in a mudslide caused by rain in Parana state.
In Parana, more than 23,000 people were affected by the rain, and at least 8,453 people were left homeless, civil defense officials said. More than 2,700 homes were destroyed by the weather, the agency said.edition.cnn.com...

More tragedy on the other side of the world. Easily lost amidst the Japan coverage. March is shaping up to be a humdinger.
edit on 3/14/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: typo

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Not good news, but thanks for bringing this up.
I am half Brasilian and have family there. That said, it always rains heavily and the people are fairly familiar with all of this.

reg

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
WOW, just what we needed, more doom and gloom
2011 is starting to look like a really crap year, let's hope all these disasters aren't a build up to global disaster, the starter before the main meal if you will.

Never really believed in all the 2012 catastrophe predictions but with the rate they seem to be happening lately it sure makes you wonder.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by reg
WOW, just what we needed, more doom and gloom
2011 is starting to look like a really crap year, let's hope all these disasters aren't a build up to global disaster, the starter before the main meal if you will.

Never really believed in all the 2012 catastrophe predictions but with the rate they seem to be happening lately it sure makes you wonder.

Here:

Strange Weather - Is "The Day After Tomorrow" Coming True?
www.abovetopsecret.com...
by CaptainIraq
started on 1/12/2006 @ 09:07 PM

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

I'm sure it probably doesn't have anything to do with this, but I checked an antipode map for Japan the other day, and the antipodal point is right offshore of that region in Brazil, pretty close to the Parana state mentioned as affected. I'm sure it's just a weird co-incidence.

The antipodal point is the point on the other side of the globe corresponding to the first point, in other words, the place you would end up if you could go straight through the center of the earth. Or if you put a skewer straight through a globe.

Antipodal Map

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by sezsue

I'm sure it probably doesn't have anything to do with this, but I checked an antipode map for Japan the other day, and the antipodal point is right offshore of that region in Brazil, pretty close to the Parana state mentioned as affected. I'm sure it's just a weird co-incidence.

The antipodal point is the point on the other side of the globe corresponding to the first point, in other words, the place you would end up if you could go straight through the center of the earth. Or if you put a skewer straight through a globe.

Antipodal Map

I did the same thing.

More Earthquakes 7.0 Or Above Predicted For Japan Within Next 3 Days Per CNN/Scientists
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are

Originally posted by -W1LL

I feel the moons approach to perigee causes just as much if not more disturbance that when it actually reaches perigee. and the opposite effect puling as the moon leaves perigee.

perigee is expected on the 19th.

That would be somewhere off the East Coast of Argentina:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fa3d474e8def.jpg[/atsimg]

new topics

top topics

join